• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
one thing about the 6 dlc thing guys is don't get your hopes up too high for more than one newcomer.. Most likely the poll will determine the one newcomer and rest will be cut characters. Since i mean, think of it. on the returners they have a base to already work from whilst a new character takes significantly more time and effort due to the team having to make them up entirely from scratch.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is an old moveset I made for K. Rool. You can tell it is old, it even has a glide attack.

Down B Costume Change: K. Rool spins really fast in a blur and appears wearing a different costumes from his Kountry games. King, Pirate, and Mad Scientist. His other specials change accordingly, but his A moves stay the same.

King K. Rool
Toward B Krown Toss: Tosses his Krown forward, it returns much like Link's Boomerang.

B Belly Bounce: Puts his hands on his waist and thrusts his stomach forward. Short range, but good knockback. Can bounce solid projectiles back with high velocity. Can be used on his Krown when it is coming back to him instead of catching it.

Up B Crocodile Leap: Flicks his tail and launches upwards with an open mouth. Goes a little less further than Fire Fox. Mouth snaps close at the end for high KO potential. Can be angled as long as the trajectory is above the King.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaptain K. Rool
B Blunderbuss Loadin': Puts a cannon ball, spiked cannon ball, or Klaptrap into his Blunderbuss.

B Fire! (when loaded): Fires a cannon ball, spiked cannon ball, or Klaptrap horizontally depending on which one was loaded. Each has different properties.

Toward B Jet Propulsion: Holds the blunderbuss behind him and fire comes out of the end like in the boss battle. Sends K. Rool forward. On the ground leaves a trail of fire which quickly extinguishes.

Up B Downward Fire: Hops a little upwards and fires downward. Nothing happens after the hop if it is not loaded except for a clicking noise and a confused expression on the Kaptain's face. The shot, if loaded, sends Kaptain upwards. Projectile shoots downward. Effects depends on ammunition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baron K. Roolenstein
B Electrode: Throws at a metal sphere that hovers slightly above the floor or hovers in the air if used there. Slowly drifts off screen. If anyone touches the metal orb, it shocks them for good damage, decent knockback, and high stun.

Toward B Shock Pulse: Baron hits a switch on his remote control. If an orb is out, it fires quickly left or right depending on the direction pressed. It travels quickly, immersed in electricity. Low damage, low knockback upwards, and low stun.

Up B Propellers: Acts like Pit's Wings. The Baron's tiny propellers rotate allowing him to move freely in the air. Can attack out of it, although his propellers will turn off.

Fightin' Moves
A: Wild right swing with a fist
A: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing
AAA: Wild right swing, takes a step and does a wild left swing, takes a step forward while clasping both hands above his head and then brings down his hammerfists

Toward A: Quick kick forward with good stun, but low range. If A is pressed during the kick, K. Rool draws an arm back behind him while balanced on one foot and brings it forward in an extended punch.

Crouch: Lays on stomach, with tongue out and one eye closed poorly faking death.
Down A: Makes a swimming motion (breast stroke) forward as he swings his head forcefully from one side to the other. A pressed for repeat.

Up A: Stands on his tippy-toes and twirls with his snout pointed to the sky. Knocks Opponents away. Can juggle.

Dash A: Slides on his stomach while snapping his mouth like a Klaptrap. Goes far.

Down Smash: Spins in place once with a flurry of his cape and both arms extended. Spinning clothesline. Fast with decent horizontal KO potential.

Forward Smash: Does the worm. A dance move where he flops forward onto his stomach. A can be pressed again for a second belly flop forward.

Up Smash: Face screen, crouches, and throws one right uppercut quickly. Force takes K. Rool off the ground as high as the height of one Mario. A can be pressed again during the animation for a second left uppercut which lifts the crocodile higher. Has one jump he can use after the move.
Aerial Attacks
Nuetral A: Curls his knees up to his stomach and grabs them while spinning about. An aerial crocodile cannonball. If he hits the ground, during the move he bounces upwards. Bounce height depends on how far K. Rool falls. Can be done over and over until he runs out of height. Lag coming out of move.

Back A: K. Rool does a spinning backhand which turns him to face the opposite direction.

Forward A: K. Rool throws both fists forward with his body stretched out completely parallel with the floor below. Lag if he hits the ground in execution.

Down A: Does a spit with his legs and throws a fist downward. Decent Meteor Smash.

Up A: Holds his crown on his head with both hands, does a somersault, and kicks upwards with both feet.

Throws
Pummel: An open handed slap

Forward Throw: Bowls the opponent forward. Opponent rolls on the ground. Damage is done as the enemy rolls. Roll is determined by their percentage. Can roll off the stage.

Down Throw: Puts his mouth over their head. Then jumps a little and does a Death Roll. Spins horizantally with foe's head in mouth and both crash to the floor. Enemy bounces upwards stunned and K. Rool has lag getting up. Highest damaging throw out of the cast.

Up Throw: Reaches down and grabs opponent's legs and stands back up while hurling them straight above. Low damage, but good power for a quick move

Back Throw: With one hand, tosses the foe over his shoulder. Quick, decent power with a curved trajectory.

Techniques
Glide: K. Rool does a slow descent with his cape/pirate coat/lab coat billowing and his hands flapping at his side. Cannot go up and down like other glides.
Glide Attack: Does one spin while he snaps his jaws closed for a bite.[collapse/]

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I personally can't fathom any characters besides Wolf returning but I suppose I'll stand corrected if more do show up.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Problem is 6 characters wouldn't fit perfectly on the 3DS version.
I'm sure there's a way they could make it work. Might even involve shrinking the size of the character squares in light of DLC.

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was thinking of move sets with K. Rool and how his blunderbuss could be used. I won't be surprised if this idea was thought up already. Whenever people think about how K. Rool shoots his cannonballs, it's always compared to Bowser Jr.'s :4bowserjr: cannonball charge. I was thinking maybe it would be similar to Pac Man's :4pacman: fruit throw instead. For example, the first few fruits Pac Man cycles through which are weak throws could be regular cannon balls that can be grabbed. Oranges for a normal shot. Apples for bouncy cannonballs. Melons for slow moving cannon shots. Galaga ship with the swirling cannonballs. The Bell replaced with status inflicting gas clouds and finally the key replaced with a really fast spiked cannon ball. I thought this up because Pac Man's fruit throw seemed like a better way for K. Rool's blunderbuss to be used and some of the fruits trajectory matched perfectly with the way K. Rool fought in DKC2 imo.

I was also thinking how the player can tell when they want to shoot a specific cannon ball, since Pac Man holds his fruit up when he cycles through it. I thought maybe a little thought bubble appears over K. Rool's head and as he is cycling through the different types of cannon balls, a picture of each type of cannon ball cycles through the thought bubble. That said my only problem with my idea is that it's easier recognizing differently shaped and colored fruit over the same cannon ball. What do you guys think?

StormC

Smash Hero
I really don't think the roster layout has any bearing on who or how many characters get added. Whatever needs to happen will happen.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I really hope atleast 4 dlc characters total are added though because those 4 blanks sqaures on the 3ds version drive me crazy.Regardless, if K. Rool gets in i will be fully satisfied with the roster enough due to my two dream characters for this game(Mewtwo and K.rool) getting in.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It'll certainly be awkward if more than four get added for the 3DS version. They'd have to either resize the squares or...

God forbid, add a "second page."

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
or y'know, shrink the character select menu a little and give a extra dangly square at the bottom.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hmm, I was thinking of move sets with K. Rool and how his blunderbuss could be used. I won't be surprised if this idea was thought up already. Whenever people think about how K. Rool shoots his cannonballs, it's always compared to Bowser Jr.'s :4bowserjr: cannonball charge. I was thinking maybe it would be similar to Pac Man's :4pacman: fruit throw instead. For example, the first few fruits Pac Man cycles through which are weak throws could be regular cannon balls that can be grabbed. Oranges for a normal shot. Apples for bouncy cannonballs. Melons for slow moving cannon shots. Galaga ship with the swirling cannonballs. The Bell replaced with status inflicting gas clouds and finally the key replaced with a really fast spiked cannon ball. I thought this up because Pac Man's fruit throw seemed like a better way for K. Rool's blunderbuss to be used and some of the fruits trajectory matched perfectly with the way K. Rool fought in DKC2 imo.

I was also thinking how the player can tell when they want to shoot a specific cannon ball, since Pac Man holds his fruit up when he cycles through it. I thought maybe a little thought bubble appears over K. Rool's head and as he is cycling through the different types of cannon balls, a picture of each type of cannon ball cycles through the thought bubble. That said my only problem with my idea is that it's easier recognizing differently shaped and colored fruit over the same cannon ball. What do you guys think?
LOVE the thought bubble idea....OMG !!! He could look at the player while selecting :D such a great idea!

thought-bubble-md.png
kingkgif.JPG

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

As a ROB main I'm strongly for making it like a Gyro. It would fit with the games as well where the Kings picked up the cannonballs to throw them back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I remember reading on Tvtropes how K.Rool always stepped up his game. DKC1 steal bananas, when that fails, kidnap DK. After that kidnap DK and Hoo Hah. After that...KIDNAP ALL THE KONGS! And K.Rool has to be a Bowser clone, Sonic is a Mario clone, Mega Man is a Marth clone and Roy has an original moveset shared by nothing

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know what'd be horrible, but amazing at the same time?

If K.Rool won the poll, but Ridley got second place; and the decision would be made to merge the two into one fighter. What name would such a fusion even have, really; King K.Rooldley? :p

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

If K.Rool won the poll, but Ridley got second place; and the decision would be made to merge the two into one fighter. What name would such a fusion even have, really; King K.Rooldley? :p
What twisted mind would ever consider that? It would be a slap in the face to fans of both characters (and indeed all others that they lost out to something like that) and honestly significantly worse than neither appearing at all. I fail to see any bit of it that would be tolerable, let alone amazing.

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
Keep the votes going! The crystal coconut (smash invite) is easily the Kings. He's the most logical newcomer and has been for quite a while.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
It'll certainly be awkward if more than four get added for the 3DS version. They'd have to either resize the squares or...

God forbid, add a "second page."
They could put all the DLC characters on one square and have you select your character from there like you would a Mii Fighter. Kinda lazy but it works.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Sounds about right, considering the dumb Ridley-variant naming conventions.

What twisted mind would ever consider that? It would be a slap in the face to fans of both characters (and indeed all others that they lost out to something like that) and honestly significantly worse than neither appearing at all. I fail to see any bit of it that would be tolerable, let alone amazing.
I think that it would be so stupid I'd be okay with it.

A chest bump F-Smash anyone?
Preferably with the golden chestplate, but yes.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I sincerely pray that one of his victory poses sees him throwing his arms into the air and shaking his fists while shouting, "YEAH! YEAH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

I'd also like to see him leaping onto a pile of bananas and laughing madly.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I sincerely pray that one of his victory poses sees him throwing his arms into the air and shaking his fists while shouting, "YEAH! YEAH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

I'd also like to see him leaping onto a pile of bananas and laughing madly.
don't forget his fake death.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I feel inclined to share a few things. While King K. Rool has been at the top of many polls thus far, I would not anticipate him staying there between now and October. I strongly suspect that as new games get released, new characters will be advocated for. Splatoon should strongly increase the votes for Inkling, and I wouldn't be surprised if votes for Kamui from Fire Emblem: if would appear when it's released in Japan this July.
Is this a bad thing? Well, probably not. As I have mentioned before there are many characters I would be happy to see appear as DLC. However, I will say that I don't think we'll have as many characters as DLC as some may think. The five square thing on the official website doesn't mean anything because the layout of the website dictates that there has to be nine spaces at the bottom of the screen and that's been the case since the website launched in 2013. Nothing implies that those spaces must all be filled.
I personally believe that in addition to Mewtwo and Lucas we will see Wolf, regardless of the the Ballot. He's comparatively easier to produce than other lost veterans and wouldn't take a lot of resources. Also, he'd be excellent support for Star Fox Wii U. As for the actual character that wins the Ballot, I'm sure we will see that character released sometime in the spring or early summer, and that's it. I don't think we'll see anyone beyond those four, which may or may not be good for you guys to hear. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm not sure how long Sakurai would like to dedicate himself to this game, nor would he want to leave it in the hands of someone else.
I can maybe see a fifth one getting released again for the autumn season, but I'm also not going to bet on that. I wouldn't want to be disappointed by it.
Still, it's amazing that Sakurai would be kind enough to allow such an amazing thing for Smash to happen. I don't think I've been this hyped since Robin's reveal trailer, and I say this even after the announcement of Project M 3.6. I hope it's K. Rool who wins the Ballot, but regardless of who does I still appreciate what's been done for us as a community of Kuttthroats and Smash Bros. fans.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Since some people have posted their own K. Rool Smash moveset, why not me? I won't read other movesets until I finish to write and post mine in order to not be influenced or steal ideas, so here we go:

I know it may not be balanced or anything, but I don't have the knowledge or means to do a Brawl hack so I definitely can't know if this theoretical would be Brawl Meta Knight broken or Melee Kirby bad.

Weight: same as Bowser
Ground jump height: between Greninja and Captain Falcon
Mid-air jump height: same as Mr. Game & Watch
Air speed: same as Peach/Samus
Falling speed: same as Falco/Mega Man/Little Mac
Walking speed: same as Lucario
Running speed: between Pit and Rosalina

Explanations:
> Weight: I had to give him a higher weight than Donkey Kong, but I didn't want to go crazy by giving him a higher weight than Bowser.
> Jump height: I gave him a high ground jump because of that DKC1 boss fight when he jumps crazy high and because I guess his powerful muscles would make him jump high, but I gave him a low midair jump as K. Rool isn't supposed to be an acrobat, plus he can't rely on his muscles to jump high mid-air because there is no ground under him... High ground jump and low midair jump seems fitting for him and is rather unique.
> Air speed: I don't think K. Rool should be oriented towards aerial combos, so I gave him a bellow average air speed (Peach and Samus are tied for 16th worst air speed in SSB4).
> Falling speed: he looks like he should be a fast-faller for me.
> Walking speed: he doesn't look like he would walk fast, but he doesn't look like he should be sluggish either. This is rather bellow average.
> Running speed: I wanted to give him a dashing speed slightly lower than Donkey Kong's considering K. Rool is slightly slower than DK in the DKC1 boss fight before you hit him for the first (or second?) time. This running speed is slightly above average.

Unique mechanic: King K. Rool's crown acts like a spiny hat and hurts whoever wants to footstool jump on him, inflicting 5% damage and low knockback than can only kill at ridiculous damages like 500%. However, for a few of his attacks, he's not protected by his crown, and if he's footstoll jumped on while this is the case, he will fall completely helpless (in the air) or go to lying on the floor (on the ground). Talking about that, K. Rool's lying position is the same as the one he does when he's defeated (or makes look like so) in DKC1, regardless of if it was done regularly or by footstool jumping.

And now it's... time to talk about aesthetics. Here are how I imagine K. Rool's costumes:

- (Default) King K. Rool
- Kaptain K. Rool
- Baron K. Roolenstein
- King Krusha K. Rool
- King K. Rool (brown skin)
- Kaptain K. Rool (purple skin)
- Baron K. Roolenstein (gray skin)
- King Krusha K. Rool (blue skin)

Note: the first four costumes all show K. Rool with his regular green skin. Also, contrary to what could be understood here, K. Rool doesn't get the "Bowser Jr. treatment", in other words, he doesn't get different announcer calls according to his costumes, and he will always be designated as "King K. Rool" regardless. All his non-King K. Rool costumes also have redesigns to accommodate to his immutable SSB name as well as his moveset: Kaptain and Baron has a crown just like King and Krusha instead of a pirate hat and Frankenstein hair respectively, while Baron and Krusha lack their respective gloves.

And now it's time to show the moveset! Here's the legend:
Unique looking move clearly inspired from the source material
Move inspired from the source material, but looks like generic brawling
Made up filler move

Ground attacks

Jab: a two-hit punching combo using the boxing gloves from DK64. Rather laggy in order to contrast with other jabs using tiny boxing gloves (Little Mac/Villager/Bowser Jr.), not a kill move except at ridiculous percentages, best used to combo into a projectile. This actually looks like a "generic brawling move" but at least the boxing gloves make this move look unique.
Forward tilt: a laggy but powerful forward claw slashing with a wide hitbox.
Up tilt: similar to Bowser's, but K. Rool has his crown in the hand he uses to attack above him. The move has a sweetspot at the crown, and thus is less powerful in the enemy is only hit my K. Rool's arm. Noticeable ending lag leaves K. Rool vulnerable to footstool jump.
Down tilt: basically cloned from Bowser's.
Dash attack: based from those hard-to-dodge forward leaps from the DKC1 boss fight. K. Rool's entire body becomes the move's hitbox during its entire duration, though it is rather weak at the start of the move. It only inflicts high damage and knockback when he lands, then he suffers from a rather noticeable ending lag.

Smash attacks

Up smash: K. Rool does a small jump then two cannonballs fall from above him. See this as a mix between Pikachu's Thunder and Villager's forward smash. Obviously inspired from the cannonball fall from the DKC1 boss fight.
Forward smash: K. Rool uses his blunderbuss from DKC2 to shoot a spiked cannonball forward him. Once the spiked cannonball falls in the ground, it acts like an Unira for about 2 seconds. Charging the move increases the power obviously but also the distance traveled by the cannonball before it falls.
Down smash: inspired from the butt stomp from the DK64 final boss battle. This move has two hitboxes: one that buries if the enemy is hit by K. Rool himself, and one that inflicts vertical knockback if the enemy is hit by the shockwave produced by the butt stomp. Also, the range of the shockwave's hitbox increases alongside the move's charge. It is risky to use, however, due to the huge ending lag. I don't qualify it as "unique looking" and "clearly inspired from the source material" because I don't see the shockwaves aesthetically identical to the N64 ones.

Aerials

Neutral air: basically cloned from Pac-Man's and Sonic's, K. Rool curls himself and spins to attack. Inspired from King of Swim and Jungle Climber boss fight (according to what I read on the OP).
Up aerial:: basically the same as the up tilt.
Forward aerial: a biting attack. Tiny hitbox and low knockback, but inflicts high damage. Even though I think K. Rool never used his jaw to attack in Donkey Kong games (correct me if I'm wrong), he's a crocodile and I had to give him a biting attack, right?
Back air: K. Rool uses his blunderbuss, aiming at his back to attack with a powerful fire burst. This also makes him gain a little horizontal distance, similar to R.O.B.'s back aerial. This move has two hitboxes: one for K. Rool's body, and one for the fire burst from the blunderbuss. Inspired from the DKC2 boss fight where Kaptain K. Rool uses a similar method to move across the battlefield.
Down air: the belly flop attack from Donkey Kong Land. Can meteor. Due to the pose K. Rool takes when using this move, he's vulnerable to footstool jumping, as only the belly, not the back, constitutes the move's hitbox. Considerable landing lag.

Grab

Grab: quite possibly the most unique grab in the entire game, K. Rool uses his blunderbuss to vacuum his opponents. The grab itself has a tiny range, but if the enemy is close enough, it will be trapped in a vacuum vortex and thus able to be grabbed by K. Rool himself. He also uses the blunderbuss to pummel grabbed enemies. The throws look nothing out of the ordinary, but while up, forward and down throw are designed to combo with projectiles, back throw is on the other hand designed to inflict high knockback and can be a kill move by itself at very high damage.

Another unique thing about this grab is that it leaves K. Rool particularly vulnerable to exploding items. If the enemy throws an exploding item inside the blunderbuss while K. Rool is using his vacuum through his grab (items like Bob-Omb or Bombchu, but also Link's bombs or Mega Man's Crash Bomb), then he will do the same confused pose as in the DKC2 battle when a Kong throws a cannonball inside the blunderbuss (he has super armor while doing this pose), then there's a small explosion that hurts K. Rool by inflicting high damage and knockback but also makes the blunderbuss shoot a fast non-spiked cannonball that can kill a highly damaged enemy if hit.

Specials

Neutral B: Freezing gas. Using the blue gas from DKC2, K. Rool quickly shots up to three blue clouds, according to the number of times you press the B button. It doesn't freeze enemies like it does in DKC2, but instead does like Lucas' PK Freeze.
The 2nd variation is called Slowing-down gas, coming from DKC2 as well. The clouds are slower and travel a shorter distance but, instead of freezing the enemy, slow it down like if it was under the effect of the Shadow AT's Chaos Control while inflicting low hitstun. In order to keep things balanced, it doesn't last for long, only for about two seconds, but it may let you enough time to fully charge a smash attack!
The 3rd variation is called Confusing gas and is the final sort of status gas used by Kaptain K. Rool in the DKC2 boss fight. It travels a longer distance than the default variation and inflicts fair knockback, though not enough to reliably kill, and reverses the right and left controls of the target for about three seconds. This doesn't stack with Skull Kid's own control reversing.

Side B: Krown toss. Inspired from the iconic move from the King K. Rool boss fight from DKC1. A strong projectiles than goes far and is quick, but the crown's hitbox is rather small. The farther the crown is from K. Rool, the strongest it becomes. At close range it acts like poor man's Metal Blade (Mega Man's neutral special), but once it goes farther, it inflicts rather high knockback and, at the farthest, it becomes a very strong kill move! However, when during this move, K. Rool is vulnerable to footstool jumping and the knockback he takes is multiplied by 1.5, and contrary to Link he can't move whatsoever until he's hit of naturally gets the crown back!
The 2nd variation is called Swirling krown. It's a crown toss as well, but it doesn't go as far as the default variation and the crown swirls in its trajectory, which means it can hit enemies more easily. Its killing power is also lower than for the default variation. The trajectory is inspired from the swirling spiked cannonballs from DKC2.
The 3rd variation is called Bouncing krown. The crown does three bounces after being thrown and before it returns to K. Rool. The first bounce doesn't go high, but the second goes higher, and the third goes even higher. The crown is more powerful at the top of each bounce. The trajectory is inspired from the bouncing spiked cannonballs from DKC2.

Up B: Helikopter pack. Yes I know, this is pretty much the most common suggestion for K. Rool's recovery, but it would work wonderfully. This move, coming from DKC3, gives to K. Rool an excellent horizontal recovery but only gives him small vertical height. Additionally, it gives him super armor and doesn't let him helpless when the starts to fall, and he can stop to fly at any moment using an aerial move. However, the helicopter pack itself is vulnerable, having a duration of 10 hit points. If the pack loses all of its hit points, then K. Rool falls helpless with a huge landing lag when he hits the ground. Instead of just giving him the helicopter pack and calling it a day, I tried to make this move really faithful to the source material by giving K. Rool the same weak point as in the original game.
The 2nd variation is called Slashing helikopter pack. The helicopter pack is bigger, thus increasing its hurtbox, and it has less HP (6 instead of 10), but its propeller can hurt opponents.
The 3rd variation is called Helikopter assault. It's like the default variation, except that it doesn't go as far (80% or both the duration and speed of the default move), but by pressing the B button, you can now launch small spiny mines that explode quickly or when an enemy hits it. Those mines come from DK: Jungle Climber.

Down B: Invisibility. K. Rool slowly becomes invisible, which gives him 30 frames of invincibility during the move's startup (half a second), then he becomes invisible (but not invincible!) for about 3 seconds. Using this move repetitively will reduce the time during when K. Rool is invincible and invisible. Inspired from the DKC2 and DK64 boss fights.
The 2nd variation is called Tricky teleport. Works similar to Meta Knight's down B, except that you don't attack automatically once you're teleported, and you're still invisible for about one second and half after the teleport. After pressing B+down, you can use the left stick to move, then you can enter the command to use any non-special, non-dash attack move (smash attack, jab, tilt, or grab if on the ground. aerial if in the air). The move you will use as such will have its starting lag ignored. Using this move repetitively also reduces the time during when you're invisible after the teleport. This variation is inspired from how Kaptain K. Rool uses a similar teleporting technique to try to vacuum the Kongs in DKC2.
The 3rd variation is called Kounter and, as its name suggests, it's yet another generic counter. I'm honestly tired of counter down-B specials (no seriously, almost half of the SSB4 newcomer has one), but it would be fine for me if it is only used as a custom variation, similar to Pit's side B. A counter move also fits K. Rool's tricky personality very well, so I kinda wanted to give him one.

Beware, King K. Rool's Final Smash!!

Final Smash: Blast-o-Matic. King K. Rool freezes the battlefield and vanishes similar to the default down B. Then a cutscene shows the Kremling ship from Donkey Kong 64 approaching from the stage, and the Blast-o-Matic is aimed at the stage and is shown blasting a powerful beam. The cutscene ends and a blast of energy hits anyone who's close to King K. Rool when he initiated his Final Smash. This blast inflicts a total of 40% if all hits connect and can reliably kill Bowser (or another K. Rool, btw) from the center of Final Destination at 35%.

tl;dr I wanted to characterize King K. Rool as a fighter like a very solid competitor with both strong projectiles and melee combat. In fact, his combo game would be mostly based on alterning between close combat and projectiles. However, he has his weaknesses, including a considerable ending lag to a lot of moves and many weak points (like when he throws his crown, uses his helicopter pack, or uses his vacuum grab), because I want a K. Rool fight in Smash to feel like a boss fight, just like in the Donkey Kong country games. He also has some gimmicky tricks such as his invulnerability to footstool jump (most of the time), his grab's vacuum effect, invisibility, or status gases: despite his brutal strength, he relies on tricky moves as well!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
One of the things I want to see done right is the burping sound when K. Rool gets K.O.'d.

And K. Rool being voiced by the Cartoon VA, but that's a pipe dream.

:231:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
My first experience with the Rool was DK64, and he was hysterical enough there. I loved those cutscenes. I really want that K.Rool to show up in Smash. Man, DK64 was awesome...I loved the other Kongs too; I can't stand Tiny's new design, and I miss Lanky, Chunky, and the Cranky and Funky from that game.

I've voted a few times for each member of my family, and I'm spreading between Wolf, Ridley, and K.Rool. I'd love to see all of them.

Shout out to @ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog for having the best avatar. That is all I want from Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel inclined to share a few things. While King K. Rool has been at the top of many polls thus far, I would not anticipate him staying there between now and October. I strongly suspect that as new games get released, new characters will be advocated for. Splatoon should strongly increase the votes for Inkling, and I wouldn't be surprised if votes for Kamui from Fire Emblem: if would appear when it's released in Japan this July.
Is this a bad thing? Well, probably not. As I have mentioned before there are many characters I would be happy to see appear as DLC. However, I will say that I don't think we'll have as many characters as DLC as some may think. The five square thing on the official website doesn't mean anything because the layout of the website dictates that there has to be nine spaces at the bottom of the screen and that's been the case since the website launched in 2013. Nothing implies that those spaces must all be filled.
I personally believe that in addition to Mewtwo and Lucas we will see Wolf, regardless of the the Ballot. He's comparatively easier to produce than other lost veterans and wouldn't take a lot of resources. Also, he'd be excellent support for Star Fox Wii U. As for the actual character that wins the Ballot, I'm sure we will see that character released sometime in the spring or early summer, and that's it. I don't think we'll see anyone beyond those four, which may or may not be good for you guys to hear. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm not sure how long Sakurai would like to dedicate himself to this game, nor would he want to leave it in the hands of someone else.
I can maybe see a fifth one getting released again for the autumn season, but I'm also not going to bet on that. I wouldn't want to be disappointed by it.
Still, it's amazing that Sakurai would be kind enough to allow such an amazing thing for Smash to happen. I don't think I've been this hyped since Robin's reveal trailer, and I say this even after the announcement of Project M 3.6. I hope it's K. Rool who wins the Ballot, but regardless of who does I still appreciate what's been done for us as a community of Kuttthroats and Smash Bros. fans.
Yep, which is why we've got to be encouraging people to vote our way, right up until the end. The worst thing we can do is just assume we're at the top and stop doing anything to guarantee we stay there...kind of like "The Tortoise and the Hare," in a way.

On the subject of Inklings, though, I think they're already a lock. Nintendo won't want to chance being able to promote that game on a poll, so they'll happen just so long as they're remotely popular at all on the ballot. We're angling for the one or two other remaining spots.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Since some people have posted their own K. Rool Smash moveset, why not me? I won't read other movesets until I finish to write and post mine in order to not be influenced or steal ideas, so here we go:

- Stuff -
This is actually really cool overall, but my favourite aspect is the Krown mechanic. That sounds like it'd open up a lot of opportunities and really augment his playstyle in a dynamic way.

Reminds me that I haven't drafted my own K. Rool moveset. I'll get on that soon~

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yep, which is why we've got to be encouraging people to vote our way, right up until the end. The worst thing we can do is just assume we're at the top and stop doing anything to guarantee we stay there...kind of like "The Tortoise and the Hare," in a way.

On the subject of Inklings, though, I think they're already a lock. Nintendo won't want to chance being able to promote that game on a poll, so they'll happen just so long as they're remotely popular at all on the ballot. We're angling for the one or two other remaining spots.
Agree on everything but Inklings. I still don't think they're nearly so interested in doing Inklings as everyone seems to think. If that's the case, what about Code Name: STEAM? Wonderful 101 (that was relatively recent)? Pushmo? All kinds of new IP's they've put out recently; they can't do ALL of them. What makes Inklings specifically the new IP that they would pick? The fact that it isn't out yet?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Hey Kremlings, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
Any way you slice it, if there are only 5 DLC characters total, then I cannot see a single series getting two characters- except Pokemon or DKC.
I think, though, that the 5 DLC slots is bull****- I'm sure, too, that as certain characters will get more time than others, that we will get a few packs. I could see K Rool/Dixie coming together, as well as Wolf and Krystal.

Ultimately, I'm estimating 6-8 characters after Lucas.
-K Rool AND -Dixie
-Wolf
-Isaac
-Chibi Robo/Chorus Kids/Another new series
-Ice Climbers*
-Lip/other Retro or Japanese Only
-One More Pokemon (Potentiall two if...)
-Another Mario rep (Capt. Toad taking lead)
-Third Party -(hopefully two)

Is what I see as likely. I could also see Impa being a character added as well, with another.
One morenote; I think it is possible that we see a number of 'easy' characters. Dixie would be one, as would Impa, sure, but other characters who are derived from other characters as well; and I am hoping the wild card is someone like King Boo.

Once more, I believe the Ice Climbers will be the last charater we get, period. To cap off the game, but also because they would require a lot of problem solving, and I am sure resources will nly be devoted to that in tidbits, rather than all at once. The 'if you have any time, try to crack this code' situation. Getting them at the end would also make their surprise most shocking, and it would round out the game nicely- probably in Christmas 2016.

Watch a good chunk of the DLC be clones.

Being a Ridley supporter has made me cynical.
Two statements:
I hope clones DO get a lot of votes. I have never been a fan of them honestly, but I think, if this is the case, getting a clone is truly just getting an extra character, because resources are likely being devoted out now.
It is the reason I see Dixie and K Rool both coming- because Dixie is going to be based heavily off of Diddy.

I also don't think Ridley is unquestionably closed as a character, though. I could see him being announced, still; I find the lack of optimism ridiculous given the unclear nature of Sakurai in every example from his past that we currently have. As long as the characters are still being selected, then I am sure his brain will constantly be innovating and inspired. If during this time he is struck with a way to make Ridley work- it is going to happen. All it takes is the right idea, and I believe that, given his continued brain power going to creating characters, this is highly possible. The gears will always be turning in his brain.

Agree on everything but Inklings. I still don't think they're nearly so interested in doing Inklings as everyone seems to think. If that's the case, what about Code Name: STEAM? Wonderful 101 (that was relatively recent)? Pushmo? All kinds of new IP's they've put out recently; they can't do ALL of them. What makes Inklings specifically the new IP that they would pick? The fact that it isn't out yet?
Whatever it is you think of Inklings, you cannot be in denial that Nintendo has been pressing it, hard, since it was revealed. Wonderful 101 and Pushmo don't compare to the press Inklings have been getting.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
My first experience with the Rool was DK64, and he was hysterical enough there. I loved those cutscenes. I really want that K.Rool to show up in Smash. Man, DK64 was awesome...I loved the other Kongs too; I can't stand Tiny's new design, and I miss Lanky, Chunky, and the Cranky and Funky from that game.

I've voted a few times for each member of my family, and I'm spreading between Wolf, Ridley, and K.Rool. I'd love to see all of them.

Shout out to @ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog for having the best avatar. That is all I want from Smash.
His avatar and your signature. Smash needs more villains and those three are the best ones.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Additional thoughts:

Rare will design K Rool when he is added.
Sakurai was not able to return to anyone when it came to how to bring back the character- he enjoys talking to the creators of characters to get the 'okay', and I think that is one thing that keeps him from putting in a lot of content from DK (Retro was just getting started, they are no authority).

I believe we may get Banjo, and in fact, an entire Rare inspired collaboration, for this.I'm not sure anyone at Rare is there from DK glory days- but I do believe this theory could be true.

Top Bottom