• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My votes have been cast. We can do this you guys! The King will rise!!

Please Samurai please!

I'll even play Smash 4 competitively if he gets in!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder what stage Sakurai will pick for K. Rool
Flying Kroc or **** off. Although he'd probably pick Gangplank, which is also fine.

SO GUYS. Can we talk about DK64 on the VC?! Did I die in my sleep or something? Holy ****, I never thought this day would come. It's been almost 16 years.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I just got through voting. Here's what I said if anyone is curious.

"I know King K Rool would make for an amazing character to be added to a roster that direly needs more Villains and Donkey Kong characters. I grew up playing the Donkey Kong Country series and loved at the end of each installment facing the cruel and insane king. I'm sure many gamers are already familiar with Donkey Kong's longtime rival and are waiting for their chance to play as such a unique and crazy character. K Rool can utilize his shockwave attack, jet-pack, and knockout gas to bring something new. King K Rool is an important part of the Donkey Kong franchise and cannot be ignored."

I tried to make it sound professional and hit on any point I thought was important within 500 characters.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Flying Kroc or **** off. Although he'd probably pick Gangplank, which is also fine.

SO GUYS. Can we talk about DK64 on the VC?! Did I die in my sleep or something? Holy ****, I never thought this day would come. It's been almost 16 years.
Pretty excited myself, especially since they actually stabilized the frame-rates so it may be the definitive version, also rumble supported, and wireless multiplayer, which is sweet!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Good luck guys! As a guy whose earliest video gaming memories involve playing DKC2 with my brother early on Saturday mornings before our parents woke up, I really hope the DK franchise makes a great showing in these polls and gets another character.

I just got through voting. Here's what I said if anyone is curious.

"I know King K Rool would make for an amazing character to be added to a roster that direly needs more Villains and Donkey Kong characters. I grew up playing the Donkey Kong Country series and loved at the end of each installment facing the cruel and insane king. I'm sure many gamers are already familiar with Donkey Kong's longtime rival and are waiting for their chance to play as such a unique and crazy character. K Rool can utilize his shockwave attack, jet-pack, and knockout gas to bring something new. King K Rool is an important part of the Donkey Kong franchise and cannot be ignored."

I tried to make it sound professional and hit on any point I thought was important within 500 characters.
Well said! It's seriously tough to condense into 500 words something you've been wanting for years.

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'm going to bed with a smile, I'm going to miss these Shaqatars. Today was a win for us (and everyone for those who choose to vote for others). The way the rest of the year will play out will be interesting indeed, but I simply cannot wait to finally play DK64 again, I've been waiting since the early days of Wii for that game to come out so I can play it again, it'll go nicely with the other DKC games.

We've all been waiting for an opening like this to happen, and like many others have said, it's time for our voices to be heard and really let Nintendo know what we want. Long live the Kremling King! (I never really get to do that :p)

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think we have a good shot at getting K. Rool in. He's one of the most popular characters around the world and there is alot of us DK fans on Shaqmashboards. No matter who gets in, we can all know we tried.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'm ecstatic, and SHOCKED that DK64 is actually on VC and its not a 3DS remake. Speaking of which I wonder what happened to those 3DS remakes they mentioned, anyway? Considering DK64 is now on VC I doubt DK64 would be one of them, but what else could they do?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm going to bed with a smile, I'm going to miss these Shaqatars. Today was a win for us (and everyone for those who choose to vote for others). The way the rest of the year will play out will be interesting indeed, but I simply cannot wait to finally play DK64 again, I've been waiting since the early days of Wii for that game to come out so I can play it again, it'll go nicely with the other DKC games.

We've all been waiting for an opening like this to happen, and like many others have said, it's time for our voices to be heard and really let Nintendo know what we want. Long live the Kremling King! (I never really get to do that :p)
I think we need to create K.Shraq

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Yep Yep! And just think! When DK 64 comes out on the VC this year which is perfectly before October. King K. Rools Popularity WILL SKY ROCKET and not just from us always loyal fans, but anyone and maybe everyone that digs into DK 64 for another round! :)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Mewtwo trailer, Lucas confirmed and ballots on Smashbros.com. K. Rool's chances have just skyrocketed. Call me hyped.

Long live the King!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My vote is sent in.

My friend has been spamming about 3-7 different devices from his family to vote for the King, and is rallying people from school to do the same.

Hopefully, we'll make an impact. They haven't sunk the Kremling Krew yet, and they sure as heck won't now.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
King K Rool is likelier than ever, we have to give it all we have to make our voices heard as far as possible!

This truly is K Rools finest hour!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Keep up the submissions guys, we're going up against some hard hitters like Shovel Knight and Inkling. I still belive K. Rool has the best shot, but you never know, so keep it up!!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Started posting to everyone and everything on Twitter. Well look at this Mr. Grant Kirkhope has my tweet I made a few hours ago favorited!!! :D
grant kirk fav.JPG

Question? How do I make a sig? I have an image ready just not sure how to get it on here lol?

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Long time no see Kutthroats, glad to see this place more energized than ever! Here's what I put for my ballot:

" Even though being the main villian of the Donkey Kong Country series is a good reason alone, the biggest reason K.Rool should become a fighter is his moveset potential. He has an aresenal of weapons to choose from across his numerous personas, such as a blunderbuss (DKC2), Helicopter Pack(DKC3), heavy-hitting boxing gloves (DK64), and more. K.Rool's evil-yet-bumbling demeanour also definitely makes him a unique character amongst Nintendo villians. Needless I mention K.Rool is rather popular worldwide?"

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is truly a day of glory for us Kutthroats.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just sent in my vote for our dear Kremling King.

Here is what I said.

"King K. Rool is among the most popular characters that has yet to be confirmed as a playable fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series. He is the main antagonist behind the original DKC trilogy and DK64. He would be a true heavyweight in the roster that would use his blunderbuss, throwing krown, helicopter pack, and more. Plus he has multiple costumes such as the Kaptain, Mad Scientist, and Boxer. This roster is lacking in heavyweights and villains in general. K. Rool would fit in so well with this roster. I do hope you guys consider King K. Rool as the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can imagine how the Flying Kroc would work out. In such a stage, the players would not be able to KO their opponents by sending them flying upwards. There are only two ways to KO an opponent, one being to knock them out the window in the right side of the stage, and the other being to knock the opponent into the back room of the Kroc on the left side of the stage, though knocking opponents into the room is harder to do, since the door is smaller than the windows of the ship. While fighting, Kloak, Kutlass, Neeks and Cat O' 9 Tails, enemies from Donkey Kong Country 2, will occasionally appear to attack the players, with the Cat O' 9 Tails being the most dangerous enemy, since he can throw players off the stage.

So, what do you all think?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I really like that idea sounds interesting. I would also like to see what they could do with Gangplank Galleon!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can imagine how the Flying Kroc would work out. In such a stage, the players would not be able to KO their opponents by sending them flying upwards. There are only two ways to KO an opponent, one being to knock them out the window in the right side of the stage, and the other being to knock the opponent into the back room of the Kroc on the left side of the stage, though knocking opponents into the room is harder to do, since the door is smaller than the windows of the ship. While fighting, Kloak, Kutlass, Neeks and Cat O' 9 Tails, enemies from Donkey Kong Country 2, will occasionally appear to attack the players, with the Cat O' 9 Tails being the most dangerous enemy, since he can throw players off the stage.

I was thinking of it being set on top of the Flying Kroc, personally. So you'd see the mouth south of you, just behind you is the front set of propellors and you can jump on top of them, and you'd see backdrops from DK Island and Crocodile Island. Perhaps at certain points enemies fly onto the ship, and the propellor cages can break and the propellors become hazards. Perhaps even the propellors themselves can break if receiving enough damage and the ship will crash into the sea, then Kritters will come out and fix the propellors.

Setting it inside the cockpit isn't really something I considered. I guess it could be interesting, I just felt like it'd be a bit too constricting.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Heck ya! We are one of the few character requesting groups secretly wanting Nintendo to be MORE creative with these newcomers and their stages tbh.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'm still thinking about it, but K. Rool is most likely the one I'm voting for. I'm just concerned about the vote of people outside Nintendo comunities. At least it seems its still in the minds of many people.
Meanwhile; watch people waste votes in Shrek, Goku and others. Because that joke is not overplayed at all (yes it is).

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Ya I cant believe people are requesting characters like Goku...give me a break. I guess it is a better request than Shrek, but that is NOT saying much. haha..

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was thinking of it being set on top of the Flying Kroc, personally. So you'd see the mouth south of you, just behind you is the front set of propellors and you can jump on top of them, and you'd see backdrops from DK Island and Crocodile Island. Perhaps at certain points enemies fly onto the ship, and the propellor cages can break and the propellors become hazards. Perhaps even the propellors themselves can break if receiving enough damage and the ship will crash into the sea, then Kritters will come out and fix the propellors.

Setting it inside the cockpit isn't really something I considered. I guess it could be interesting, I just felt like it'd be a bit too constricting.
I put some creativity in my idea, but your idea could work too.

Anyway, here is Gangplank Galleon.

In Gangplank Galleon, there are masts the players can climb like in the ship levels from Donkey Kong Land 1. There are also big barrels from the ship levels in Donkey Kong Country 2 that the players can stand on. From time to time, TNT barrels appear, and can be thrown at others. Some explode after a certain amount of time, though. If it isn't K. Rool's final smash, there could be cannonballs falling from the sky occasionally, and the players would have to dodge them.

Taking a page from Tidal Terror from Donkey Kong Country Returns, there will be large waves heading towards the ship. The players must avoid them by hiding behind something, or they will be knocked down for several seconds. If the player is hit and unlucky at the same time, the waves may even knock the opponents off the stage!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I will vote for our king every minute of every day until I die if its necessary for him to get into smash
I was thinking of offering Sakurai some of my blood.

I might be a bit obsessed.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I know I may not be around here much but I still am a strong supporter of K Rool. I just submitted my entry for ballot and I chose him. Ultimately, he is the biggest character in the DKC games not to be playable in Smash.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
K. Rool needs to be in Smash. We need another DK Rep and another heavyweight and Villain. K. Rool deserves to be in Smash. K. Rool needs those votes coming!!

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Gangplank for sure, it's almost a required stage for K. Rool.

I've been listening to Crocodile Cacophony for hours XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom