• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

trumpet Thief

Smash Rookie
While I myself am voting for Geno (supported him too long not to now), I would be very happy if K. Rool made it as well, so if anyone else were to make it, I sincerely hope it's the King himself. Best of luck my friends!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
> Official ballot to request DLC characters
> King K. Rool is one of the most requested characters
> DK games featuring K. Rool now available on VC including the newly-added DK64

This Direct made me so hyped partially because it made King K. Rool's chances skyrocket from a somewhat unlikely pick to the most likely newcomer by a fair margin imo. I am so happy I can reasonably say I'm currently expecting him to actually make the cut. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't make in once DLC support for SSB4 ends.

I'm going to vote for him for the official ballot.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
We have almost 200 days until the cut-off deadline for character submissions in October. I personally will be doing 1-2 submissions per day til that day comes. Depending on how many different computers I can come across. I may just end up using a tactic that BKupa has suggested. If you want to put in more than 1 submission from the same computer then pretend you are a different person and write it differently OR just write different things down that you couldnt think of before. This will for sure guarantee that Sakurai see's the King..like he doesn't already hehe

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I heard that while multiple votes are possible, the ballot only stores the most recent vote from the voter. If that is the case, is it okay if I voted for K. Rool on my laptop, which is separate from my own computer?

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
I only made one post here many months ago to show how much I wanted the King, but never thought he had a chance due to having no recent appearances. But now I feel much more delighted in the Kroc's chances. I don't think he is a shoo in(nobody is), but that won't stop my ever-growing support of him.

But with the Kampaign and such, I really got to congratulate the fanbase here. Very few characters are lucky enough to have this many devoted fans.

Just keep up the hard work, I know you all will.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
To anyone fearing idiotic requests i think sakurai and the smash team will use the amount of votes for one thing obviously to impact their choice but keep in mind they will have some choices to make as well For example characters such as Geno Ghriahim and Roy wouldnt really have a chance as random obsucre but popular character like Geno is such an random stupid choice that the smash team will never fulfill the request even if he was the most popular vote by a landslide sakurai would not choose an obsure character if he did the roster could have things like Big the cat and Pigma which will never happen as its just to stupid. Second characters that have made it into the game NOT as a character (Excluding trophies of course) like Ghiriahim will not make it either as they are already created as an assist trophy/stage hazard ect as sakurai already made them like that because he didnt want them to be a character in the first place just like Ridley and Characters like Roy who just arent needed as we have enough clones/ FE characters and sakurai would think his inclusion would be way to much especially with Lucina IMO these characters have the best bets of joining the battle: King K Rool, Wolf, Issac, Snake MAYBE Ice Climbers as they sadly dont work on the 3DS so maybe they can be Wii U exclusive and some more i dont feel like listing but you guys get my point as their really isnt too many fighters that would be viable for a spot for smash 4 i believe next one to make it would be Wolf then K Rool and then they will stop so are King should make it he is THE most popular newcomer at this point as Megaman, Mewtwo and Little Mac have all been confirmed and Ridley deconfrimed and hes a very well known nintendo character from a popular franchise with only 2 Representatives as of now our king has a amazing chance no need to worry!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Basically, just use common sense with your voting.

I'm viewing the votes not so much as a way to pull K. Rool ahead, but as a way to put multiple quality ideas in the developers' minds without a 500 character limit, like the Down Special Cannonball Rain or the Kredits Final Smash.

If it comes down to it, I'm sure the team will choose a moderately voted-for characters they have multiple great ideas for vs. the most voted character who has no clear moveset.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Geno has no chance, I don't really support his inclusion but Sakuri did ultimately consider a Japan exclusive character from a franchise no one outside of JP knew about. However, The King does have probably the best chance out of any character so far, as he continually tops character polls left and right currently. Do I think he'll make it? I can't say for sure but he certainly has the best shot as of now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Basically, just use common sense with your voting. It's fair game to vote from multiple computers, since you can bet that the passionate people are already out doing that for their favorites as well, but maybe space it out a bit. This is a marathon ending in early October, not a sprint.

I'm viewing the votes not so much as a way to pull K. Rool ahead, but as a way to put multiple quality ideas in the developers' minds without a 500 character limit, like the Down Special Cannonball Rain or the Kredits Final Smash.

If it comes down to it, I'm sure the team will choose a moderately voted-for characters they have multiple great ideas for vs. the most voted character who has no clear moveset.
So it is okay to vote on other computers, after all?

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna vote for K. Rool on my laptop, Ridley on my tablet, and Bandanna Dee on... something. I'll probably borrow a friend who's indifferent about Smash's computer. (Yes, they exist, believe it or not.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So it is okay to vote on other computers, after all?
If you want. It's also technically possible to vote from the same computer multiple times, but this is definitely not advisable. If the site picks up that the same computer has been used multiple times, it might erase all votes made from that computer.

Last edited:

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
We have almost 200 days until the cut-off deadline for character submissions in October. I personally will be doing 1-2 submissions per day til that day comes. Depending on how many different computers I can come across. I may just end up using a tactic that BKupa has suggested. If you want to put in more than 1 submission from the same computer then pretend you are a different person and write it differently OR just write different things down that you couldnt think of before. This will for sure guarantee that Sakurai see's the King..like he doesn't already hehe
I think thats a smart idea, and good luck to when you do this!!!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes. It's also technically possible to vote from the same computer multiple times, but this is definitely not advisable. If the site picks up that the same computer has been used multiple times, it might erase all votes made from that computer.
Well, I did vote multiple times. Maybe I should vote again at a later time in case they do get erased?

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
The text isn't parsing for me when it comes to a new line, and my words get chopped up by the border. Is this happening to anyone else?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Our king's time has come. You fellas know what to do. #KrocTheVote

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If it's possible to do multi-votes, it'll be the characters in my signature - Roy, K. Rool and Rayman. ...I'd love to vote others, but I'd rather do my 3 most wanted.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Nintendo will never stop me from voting at K.Rool ...
Also, >>K.Rool << should be how I vote, right ?
Not K.K.Rool, King K.Rool, or anything like that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Since I voted for the Kremling King I thought why not go ahead and vote for Dixie as well? This the series' chance to have all the Kontent it deserves!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I say we need to start moving, we most mobilize all the kremlings on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and others, we have tons of friends and people that can help us out... and I may do multiple votes from multiple computers at my college, though I'll probably Vote for Captain Syrup and Ray mk as well

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Best of luck to you all. This may be K. Rool's greatest chance yet.

Get those votes in. ;)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sent in a vote for Isaac and K.Rool.

May vote for others later.

Problem though.

"Vaanrose voted for Dixie, and anyone who voted for King K Rool is my mortal enemy."

We actually have a reason to have a fanwar....

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Voted for the best King in the business, These were my reason's why he should be playable. Hope he makes it, my fellow Kutthroats

I like King K Rool due to his crazy and funny personality which would translate well to this game, His various moves throughout the games makes it easy to make a cool and unique moveset for him, and he would be heavyweight fighter and villain added to the roster, both are under represented, as well as the DK franchise as a whole in Smash 4. Not to mention he is a heavily requested character

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Has anyone made a promotional image for K. Rool yet? I would love to have a signature and something to share on Facebook.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just left comments on the comments sections of King K. Rool/Smash Bros music videos on Youtube telling people to vote for King K. Rool in the ballot. I hope this does help increase K. Rool's chances of getting in some.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sent in a vote for Isaac and K.Rool.

May vote for others later.

Problem though.

"Vaanrose voted for Dixie, and anyone who voted for King K Rool is my mortal enemy."
We actually have a reason to have a fanwar....
Well, at this rate, looks like s/he's going to have a heck of a lot of mortal enemies.

I just left comments on the comments sections of King K. Rool/Smash Bros music videos on Youtube telling people to vote for King K. Rool in the ballot. I hope this does help increase K. Rool's chances of getting in some.
I'll be making a promotional video. Maybe some of our more Photoshop savvy members can cook up some banners as well.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, at this rate, looks like s/he's going to have a heck of a lot of mortal enemies.

I'll be making a promotional video. Maybe some of our more Photoshop savvy members can cook up some banners as well.
That would be good. Good luck on making that video.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

Since I'm back from school (I'm on break finally), and can tie up some loose ends and get those drawings you wanted done. Or if you want me to, I can design a K Rool banner for ya.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo will never stop me from voting at K.Rool ...
Also, >>K.Rool << should be how I vote, right ?
Not K.K.Rool, King K.Rool, or anything like that.
I'd say its best to stick with King K. Rool.

Since I voted for the Kremling King I thought why not go ahead and vote for Dixie as well? This the series' chance to have all the Kontent it deserves!
That depends. I don't know if more than one vote counts... I wish we could vote for multiple characters. I'd recommend trying it on a handheld device or someone else's PC.

I wouldn't say Geno has no chance, I don't really support his inclusion but Sakuri did ultimately consider a Japan exclusive character from a franchise no one outside of JP knew about. However, The King does have probably the best chance out of any character so far, as he continually tops character polls left and right currently. Do I think he'll make it? I can't say for sure but he certainly has the best shot as of now.
I'm sorry, Geno has no chance. He's not owned by Nintendo and is from an obscure game in the Mario franchise from 20 years ago. Maybe its not a good idea to say "no" or "never", but he's certainly got next-to-no chance of happening.

This whole fan war is really irritating me, though... I want both Dixie and K. Rool, I really do. Why do the Dixie fans and K. Rool fans have to be in an all-out war? We both love the Donkey Kong franchise. I love both characters. I just feel like K. Rool is more important to the DK franchise and would be a better pick than Dixie, but even Dixie is in my top most wanted DLC characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Since I'm back from school (I'm on break finally), and can tie up some loose ends and get those drawings you wanted done. Or if you want me to, I can design a K Rool banner for ya.
Excellent! Also, ahead of both ideas, what about a graphic? Like, a vertical image with a few small illustrations detailing K. Rool's sellings points. Stuff like "new heaviest heavyweight" followed by a picture of him looking fat, or "Great personality," followed by him using an attack while making a face. Maybe "Villain match-ups," with a picture of him fighting Bowser?

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Excellent! Also, ahead of both ideas, what about a graphic? Like, a vertical image with a few small illustrations detailing K. Rool's sellings points. Stuff like "new heaviest heavyweight" followed by a picture of him looking fat, or "Great personality," followed by him using an attack while making a face. Maybe "Villain match-ups," with a picture of him fighting Bowser?
I'll see what I can cook up tonight and get back to you tomorrow evening, I have some work to get done earlier in the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom