• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheBlunderbuss

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1375-7537-1842
I know a surefire way for our Kampaign to be successful for Smash, have Sakurai follow the Kampaign. Of course that would be extremely difficult and has a very low chance of happening.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
In collage format:

Interesting... the "Lets taddl" guy above Michael Kelbaugh is a popular german YouTuber. I did know that he is a great Smash Bros. player, but I didn't know he knows, likes and apparently supports King K. Rool! This, and of course that Michael Kelbaugh supports K. Rool, makes me happy. c:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
It COULD mean something if they're already planning to bring K. Rool back in a game that's currently in development. Which is very possible, depending on the variety of options at their disposal.

Majora's Mask 3D is now confirmed. Then there was already Super Mario 64 DS way back when, and Ocarina of Time 3D. Kirby 64 and DK 64 are two big N64 remakes they can also come out with, but DK 64 is one that would require a remake. Kirby 64, and other N64 games, not necessarily, they could get away with a port. But DK64 needs things actually changed.

They're slowly re-releasing all the old DK games. King of Swing is coming out in Japan, DKC/DKL1-3 are out in Japan (DKC1-3 are out in Japan right?) and Europe, there's still the rumored DKRU. DK64 3D would be another prime game to announce.

Four game re-releases are coming out, or have come out, that feature K. Rool as the main antagonist. Technically 7, because of DKL1-3. Now they just need to announce a new game (finally) and we're all set and ready to go, whether its DK64 3D, DKRU, the next DKCR game (not likely as that would probably be another 2 years), etc.
Wait, King of Swing just got VC'd in Japan? That makes me happy, it's one more game that features K. Rool as a villain. Heck I still have and play my KoS game after all them years. I do certainly hope a possible DK64 re-release happens soon.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Playing my usual part of the cynic, but old games being re-released don't necessarily mean anything. Imo, the best developments we've had so far are Kelbaugh following the Kampaign, and K. Rool not having any role in both SSB games, which opens the door for DLC possibility.

D

Deleted member

So who here would be interested in creating a Skype group for the Kremling Kutthroats? Having used Skype before, I can say that I definitely enjoy it and it'd be a nice way to get people round up for a Smash game together.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So who here would be interested in creating a Skype group for the Kremling Kutthroats? Having used Skype before, I can say that I definitely enjoy it and it'd be a nice way to get people round up for a Smash game together.
I'd be up for it. Skype name is captain.churro. (I like churros, okay?).

Last edited:
i have an idea for dkc returns 3.
imagine at e3 next year,they show a trailer for donkey kong country returns 3.

it starts out with dk is in his house and his friends are enjoying the beach,sitting on lounge chairs in the sun eating bananas,you know just relaxing,living the good life.

then off in the distance diddy notices something enveloped in a smoky fog .....ships? he thinks to himself are the snowmads back? no. then he sees familiar eyes glowing through the fog. one little eye and one big,he recognized who it was right away. its k.rool!!! and this time he isnt playing..... diddy wonders why he hasnt seen k rool for over 10 years,and soon he knows why... hundreds of warships are aproaching dk island!! sorta like the pictures below

k rool wasnt taking a vacation for years ,he was building his army and advancing his technology... and are those shark fins? no its kremling submarines!! its an all out invasion....diddy hurrys up to the treehouse to warn dk,he tells dk that k rool is coming and that he brought his entire army,dk doesnt believe diddy at first....dk says how k rool retired and hes not a threat anymore....dk hears a familiar laugh......K rool:"nyaah ahahahaha,im coming for you kongs" dk walks up to his window and his eyes pop out(the eye thing like in dkc 2 when you see a boss for the first time) dk jumps out of his treehouse,pounds his chest as if hes ready to take them on,then the camera pans out to show the fleet of ships and submarines coming to the island. cue to gameplay.

and if they want they could add kremjets and kremcopters,they could also add a large kremling as a secret weapon,as large as k lumsy/keresone,the ships could also catapult tnt barrels at the kongs from a-far

all the while one of the pirate songs plays through the trailer.

what do you guys think? would you accept this as a plot?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd be up for it. Skype name is captain.churro. (I like churros, okay?).
Added. I also know a few other people on this forum that are part of the Kremling Kutthroats and have a Skype account.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Would give me more of a reason to start using Skype again, so sure. I'd be cool with being part of said group if it happens.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Added. I also know a few other people on this forum that are part of the Kremling Kutthroats and have a Skype account.
I'd like to join the skype group.

Skype name should be zombiesaurian, and if that doesn't work, try Marty (Zombie Saurian).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to join the skype group.

Skype name should be zombiesaurian.
So we've got four so far:
- Me
- Xzsmmc
- Ridley_Prime
- Zombie Saurian

adding you right now btw... I'll add BKupa on the group as well because I know he was on Skype a lot when I was around in our group we were in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Would this be a voice chat group? If so... I am afraid I will have to decline.

D

Deleted member

... Would this be a voice chat group? If so... I am afraid I will have to decline.
You can do text chat in this group. I plan on doing voice chat, but I'll be allowing text chat as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The way Skype chats work, you can always text chat everyone and, when people enter a call, you can either join or decline the call, so it shouldn't be any problem for you if you're not into that sort of thing.

bkupasixsixsix is my Skype name. I don't have much Skype knowledge, so if someone else wants to set up the chat with the people currently on the list, be our guest.

D

Deleted member

The way Skype chats work, you can always text chat everyone and, when people enter a call, you can either join or decline the call, so it shouldn't be any problem for you if you're not into that sort of thing.

bkupasixsixsix is my Skype name. I don't have much Skype knowledge, so if someone else wants to set up the chat with the people currently on the list, be our guest.
And even when a voice chat happens, you can still text chat if you still want to stay part of the conversation.

I just got the group set up. It's called "The Kremling Kuttthroats: Hop Abroad the Flying Krock".

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
jrconway3 is my Skype name. Add me if you wish, but I can't guarantee I'll be online very often.

D

Deleted member

jrconway3 is my Skype name. Add me if you wish, but I can't guarantee I'll be online very often.
Added. Now we're up to six.

Also just to clarify, voice chat can be done in a group with up to twenty-four people. If we get more than that, it'll be a text chat only group. Right now, this shouldn't be an issue, but if we reach the point where it looks we might surpass twenty-four people, we can discuss potentially forming a group for voice chat for those interested. As for Video Chat, I believe up to eight people can participate at a time for those interested.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Added. Now we're up to six.

Also just to clarify, voice chat can be done in a group with up to twenty-four people. If we get more than that, it'll be a text chat only group. Right now, this shouldn't be an issue, but if we reach the point where it looks we might surpass twenty-four people, we can discuss potentially forming a group for voice chat for those interested. As for Video Chat, I believe up to eight people can participate at a time for those interested.
You can still host a call even when the 24 limit exceeds with a command. My skype is LawofDeath

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im epicnomad on skype.
Love the beginning for a plot by the way, but anything with K Rool and a level of grandiose is alright by me :)

D

Deleted member

You can still host a call even when the 24 limit exceeds with a command. My skype is LawofDeath
I got DukeNapoleon added. Now all I need to know is if you're from Russia or Brazil (typing in your name gives me two different people and I'm not sure what it is).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Found this old series of planned sprites for a playable K. Rool in Smash Crusade.

Wonky spritework aside, what does everyone think about this potential onstage stance for K. Rool? Personally, I like the idea of him comically shadow-boxing while idle, kind of like he does during DK's phase of the DK64 fight.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Ok, this is going to make everyone but those in the NA are going to happy about this
JAPAN is getting all THREE Donkey Country games next week!
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/242006-japan-next-week-s-wii-u-3ds-eshop-releases

Japan - Next week's Wii U/3DS eShop releases
Daan Koopman@NintenDaan Follow
Next week's JP Wii U eShop releases - Detana!! TwinBee (PCE VC, 617 yen), Donkey Kong Country,...
6:04 PM - 18 Nov 2014
Daan Koopman@NintenDaan Follow
... Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3 (SF VC, 823 yen each).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Probably the Melee version, which, for some bizarre reason, was referred to as "Kong(o) Jungle" in Melee and Brawl. Good to see it's back, in any case. Not good to see that, if those songs are listed in chronological order, we've got no new remixes of any classic tunes in there. For shame.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
One day I will finally get to play the DKC original titles.

One day.

I wish I hadnt blown off my best buddy as a kid every time he suggest playing it.
Oh, the shame I feel now!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
One day I will finally get to play the DKC original titles.

One day.

I wish I hadnt blown off my best buddy as a kid every time he suggest playing it.
Oh, the shame I feel now!
I feel like I missed out by not playing the trilogy when I was kid, but I'm making up for it now. The games are so damn fun.

I only played DKC1 for the first time in 2012 (although I played DKL2 as a kid) and it instantly overtook Pokemon as my favourite franchise, which I played since I was a kid. I'm honestly struggling to enjoy RPGs now because they feel so slow so less action-intensive that DK.

I just really like the original trilogy. I played Returns and TF before I played DKC2 and 3, and I still prefer the SNES trio despite having no nostalgia bias whatsoever. Returns and TF are amazing games too, I just prefer the platforming mechanics of the original trio.

It's a strange feeling facing K. Rool again in DKC1, after being in this thread and knowing the cult following he has. It's such a fun boss fight though.

The DKC are legit classics because their popularity isn't maintained purely by nostalgia like other gamessuch as the Super Mario Bros. series or OoT. They're still very appealing to people who never played them as kids.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's a longshot and very unlikely but do you guys think maybe the reason NOA has'nt announced the rereleases of the dkc and dkl games for the vc is because they're planning to release them for something big for smash? Say k. rool and dixie are both announced for smash dlc then as celebration of dk's 20th anniversary, they make the original classic snes and gb games available again.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I feel like I missed out by not playing the trilogy when I was kid, but I'm making up for it now. The games are so damn fun.

I only played DKC1 for the first time in 2012 (although I played DKL2 as a kid) and it instantly overtook Pokemon as my favourite franchise, which I played since I was a kid. I'm honestly struggling to enjoy RPGs now because they feel so slow so less action-intensive that DK.

I just really like the original trilogy. I played Returns and TF before I played DKC2 and 3, and I still prefer the SNES trio despite having no nostalgia bias whatsoever. Returns and TF are amazing games too, I just prefer the platforming mechanics of the original trio.

It's a strange feeling facing K. Rool again in DKC1, after being in this thread and knowing the cult following he has. It's such a fun boss fight though.

The DKC are legit classics because their popularity isn't maintained purely by nostalgia like other gamessuch as the Super Mario Bros. series or OoT. They're still very appealing to people who never played them as kids.
To be fair, I did actually play them as a kid, just never really with much gravitas- I played a level here or there and then was outside in a tree myself, or playing paintball. I wish just one Sunday I had spent indoors playing the game through (or likely, many, as I was not a great gamer then). It was not until DK64 that K Rool really entered my life, and honestly that game.... oh my. What a terrible time to get involved with the King. His best game, I'm sure, and what a game! Yet, it was truly his farewell, until his upcoming renaissance.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
To be fair, I did actually play them as a kid, just never really with much gravitas- I played a level here or there and then was outside in a tree myself, or playing paintball. I wish just one Sunday I had spent indoors playing the game through (or likely, many, as I was not a great gamer then). It was not until DK64 that K Rool really entered my life, and honestly that game.... oh my. What a terrible time to get involved with the King. His best game, I'm sure, and what a game! Yet, it was truly his farewell, until his upcoming renaissance.
Funny enough, I was pretty much the same way, I had'nt played a DK game until DK64 which really got me into the franchise. Yes I knew of the DKC snes games but never actually played them until quite recently in the past months after buying an snes console so I could play the first 2.

Top Bottom