• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Guys, come on. I doubt a couple of clones would have replaced Lucas or Wolf. Maybe it was but I find that hard to believe. The way I see it is that they are simply making more fighters because they had more time. If anything, you should complain that the other newcomers that aren't clones replaced them because they took a lot more time and effort to complete. Just look at Lucina. The only reason she made it to playable status for all we know is that she has a different hitbox from Marth.

I'm not complaining about a couple of clones.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Guys, come on. I doubt a couple of clones would have replaced Lucas or Wolf. Maybe it was but I find that hard to believe. The way I see it is that they are simply making more fighters because they had more time. If anything, you should complain that the other newcomers that aren't clones replaced them because they took a lot more time and effort to complete. Just look at Lucina. The only reason she made it to playable status for all we know is that she has a different hitbox from Marth.

The highlighted statements are what I find hard to believe, regardless of whatever Sakurai has claimed.

Zynux

Smash Lord
True. SF has one reused AT, no Smash Run enemies, no new 3DS stage, and lost a character. Things could be worse.
Yeeesh, and Starfox is getting a new game on the Wii U too...

Such unfortunate timing.

I will admit, with all my complaining, the DK franchise hasn't gone that bad yet...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

It's not that they replaced them, it's that there was extra development time, as you said, and the choice was made to develop three relatively dull clones instead of one or both of Wolf or Lucas, characters with actual importance to their series and with relatively large fanbases from Brawl. From Melee, we know that six clones are interchangeable with one unique newcomer, so three clones for one simplistic veteran with portable assets sounds reasonable to me.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder if there are any good K. Rool t-shirts out there? I'd certainly not mind getting one and finding some way to get on national television while wearing it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why is the K. Rool thread turning into the Ridley thread in terms of off-topicness?
It's because we have a week left, we're starting to get antsy about King K. Rool's inclusion and in general the presence of the new clones seems to pretty much piss us all off. Clones characters are only going to be more problematic and more problematic as we get each new Smash game, especially if they are of this caliber. It's true we don't know the final roster, but it's looking bad for Lucas and Wolf two of the more arguably unique clones to exist ever in Smash.

I've been looking for an opportunity to express my displeasure in "clone gate" for a little while now, and you all are fairly reasonable, so here goes. Again Wolf and Lucas were the unique clones if anything from Brawl, particularly Wolf when he had Fox AND Falco to compare to, he was clearly the superior clone over Falco in terms of uniqueness and originality. Lucas also had a number of attributes to make him very unique as well. And the biggest part about both of these characters were that they were fully original main characters from their games, rival of Star Fox and protagonist of Mother 3. They don't take a huge amount of resources to create, and are certainly beloved by a number of fans, yet it looks like they've been cut in favor of other clones. Dr. Mario adds one more rep to an already crowded Mario representation and is literally just a costume for regular Mario and is perhaps my biggest problem with the clones overall. Then there's Dark Pit who isn't inherently all that unique of a character, literally created to be a mirror image of Pit. Yes he plays a substantial role in Uprising, but that doesn't really mean much either, Wolf and Lucas still have greater roles. Finally there's Lucina who is the only clone I'm particularly fine with, sure she spends half the game disguised as Marth, but at least she's her own character in the end and she is basically taking Roy's spot from him, and that more or less works for me if I can't have Roy back. Don't get me wrong I'm actually entirely OK with these three characters being put in the game, and I do like them to some extent, but they should have gotten the backseat when other clone characters like Lucas and Wolf weren't already in the game. Those two should have had first priority if there was any extra development time, over Dr. Mario and Dark Pit at least, but alas, it doesn't look like that's how that's going to play out. Sorry needed it out of my system.

As for our King K. Rool, I feel like he almost has to be part of a hype three trailer at this point. With Sakurai mentioning they are at the bottom of the barrel with newcomer videos left I don't really expect to see more than 1 trailer in the next week leading up to release, and the most logical trailer I see is one containing all three of the hype three since I expect both Ridley and Mewtwo as well. That'd be insanely epic to have the trailer start with those three fighting on Gangplank Galleon or something along the lines so it's just like BOOM, all of the awesome revealing information right in your face so you can instantly lose your mind over the inclusion of the material.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Speaking of the hype three, I posted this in the Mewtwo thread earlier after I abbreviated the hype three as K. Roodleytwo.

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, There's gotta be one more trailer. If for the Robin and Lucina trailer Sakurai said we WER almost done why wouldn't he say that the Shulk trailer was the final trailer?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, There's gotta be one more trailer. If for the Robin and Lucina trailer Sakurai said we WER almost done why wouldn't he say that the Shulk trailer was the final trailer?
Shulk's trailer can't possibly be the last one, like I said in a Shulk sub-category about this, it was the most unceremonious trailer outside of the Wii Fit Trainer and Pac-Man reveals (Which were both revealed in smaller events and then posted to the site). I mean come on, why would the last trailer for the biggest Nintendo game of 2014 and something as hype as Smash is be in a Japanese-only Nintendo Direct when few people expected a trailer there in the first place, and then just sort of relayed to the West after reveal. To me it makes the most sense to have another trailer in the vein of Robin and Lucina's with a countdown to reveal, or at the very least a world wide Nintendo Direct to announce a final character(s) in. So yeah, I still have faith in seeing King K. Rool or Ridley in a trailer, and yeah it also seems like Sakurai would have said something if that was the last reveal trailer truly. We just have to have one left....right?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Please.
Someone.
Anyone.

Photoshop K. Rool with the hair of a traditional picture of Jesus' hair in a white robe.

For the love of Kremlings, do it!!!
krist-krool.jpg

The power of Khrist (K. Rool) compels you.

Never give in to despair.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Kolossians 1:5
The faith and love that sprung from the hope stored up in you for Smash and about which you have already heard is the true message of the King (K. Rool)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Wolf is in this game, with the fact that there are probably a few spots left, I really think Wolf is one of them.
Me and my roster theory thinks you are probably right, but me and my theory still remain doubtful (about how the rows expand to 10 [they start at 8 and go to 9 eventually], and how Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit move with characters from their own franchises).

And in response to Homeless, yo man Luigi is a mystery box in Melee. When you unlock him last he goes from like inbetween the Pokémon to fixing the entire roster, lol.

It's not hard at all to add 1 more roster icon slot for the top 5 rows to accomplish this. Since the roster is clearly at least one character bigger, it makes sense. Heck, if that next character is last, it would be 49 character icons + a random box. That's 50. You could cut the bottom row and have a perfect 5 x 10.

===

I say this with this in mind:
2 Kremlinthians 2:10-11
"Anyone you [Kremlings] forgive, I [King K. Khrist] also forgive. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Khrist for your sake, 11 in order that Satan Cranky Kong might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes potions."

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Well, Diddy still has the Dixie colour palette.

Looks like that pretty much deconfirms her. :(

STILL HOPE FOR THE KING... EVEN IF IT'S FAINT!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

Fox has an alt that looks exactly like Wolf, far moreso than his Brawl one. It's a blatant apology for cutting him, while Diddy's is just the same as Brawl. Mario still kept his Wario alt after he was playable.

More importantly, there's an Alph alt for Olimar. The post that said the remaining characters were Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men predicted it.

I may not have shown it but this thread's constant optimism did get my hopes up ever so slightly again after Dr. Mario/Dark Pit/Bowser Jr/Duck Hunt. Regardless, K. Rool is dead (again). Everybody will be celebrating about Ridley and Mewtwo, while K. Rool is dead and the casual fans/fanboys will dismiss him as irrelevant.

You will say it's a coincidence, but the forces of nature are simply against K. Rool. It's part of the guy's appeal at this point honestly, it makes you want to root for the guy, but it's just depressing when he fails again. If K. Rool wanted hope to show up as DLC/in the console version or whatever, he really needed to drag Ridley and/or Mewtwo down with him to cause more of an uproar. The cut veterans can certainly cause some anger, but I doubt K. Rool will be added alongside them.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice

Slow down, buddy. Mario had Wario colors in Brawl, and look how disconfirmed Wario was. Things could still swing either way, though I AM of course still hoping for the King, and that hope will never die. I will sail towards my fate head-on, be it victory or defeat. Who's with me!?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
More importantly, there's an Alph alt for Olimar. The post that said the remaining characters were Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men predicted it.
The leak didn't say anything about the remaining characters. Ninka said they were added by someone else and that he had no knowledge of who the rest of the characters were.

Still, that Dixie outfit for Diddy gave me hope to see K. Rool, somehow. I'm aware of Wario-Mario in Brawl, but still Wolf-Fox is obviously some kind of "We couldn't bring Wolf back, but here, this looks similar" kind of deal. It could be the same with Dixie.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
The only thing about the Mario alt is that it's a "Yellow Mario", I mean, it's another color to be along "Red Mario", "Blue Mario", "Green Mario" and "Black Mario", it's not "Wario-like Mario".

But this is not "Pink Diddy", it's "Dixie-like Diddy". It's like with that Fox alt, it's not "Gray/Black Fox", it's "Wolf-like Fox", therefore Wolf himself is not likely to appear.

I'ts about differentiating between a simple recolor from an alt based on another character. Don't know if I'm explaining myself right... :p

Last edited:

Kickback

Smash Cadet
Well its not really a AT its just a alterned colour for Diddy that he already had in brawl I Think its still open on who is playable K.rool, Dixie, both or none ( which sadly hasn't been deconfirmed).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i take the word

But heres why it does not help dixie but not deconfirm her

Plan and simple

theres still no dark pit alternate located in the game so dark pit is still playable at this point

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ok i take the word

But heres why it does not help dixie but not deconfirm her

Plan and simple

theres still no dark pit alternate located in the game so dark pit is still playable at this point
But Dark Pit is literally just Pit with a palette swap. A simple Diddy palette swap wouldn't make him look completely like Dixie, as with Pit and Dark Pit.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused as to how this destroys hope for K. Rool.
It doesn't! In fact, it helps him! With Dixie out, there's no other competitor to be a DK newcomer, only K. Rool! But of course, Sakurai is a real troll, so maybe he just doesn't add any DK newcomer and puts K Rool as a boss *laughs*

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
While I'm still a little hopeful for K. Rool, I really don't think his chances have boosted from this "disconfirmation" (I really don't think it is one). His chances of getting in have always been shaky ever since the leaked roster, and if we take things at face value the CSS isn't designed to fit in any more DK characters.

Also, none of the credible leaks mention him that he is playable.

Top Bottom