• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I still believe in our king.
Now is not the time to lose hope.
We do not know of unlockables.
Our king may be one.
I will believe in K Rool till the bitter end, just as I did with Robin and Ghirahim and Takamaru.
Just remember, we are dealing with a massively wanted newcomer with tons of moveset potential, there is no excuse...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ok guys, for reals, all this disorder and chaos is making me sad. I miss when we were all here to happily support our Krocodilian King for Smash.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It stings a lot with this current King K. Rool situation, but I have to say I've only been hyping him up for about 2 months now, so I can't imagine what it's been like to be here since the beginning (Or even pre-Brawl). It's incredibly frustrating for things to look so grim for the King considering how good of a character he could be in Smash. I had my heart so set on a hype three trailer or a Dixie/King K. Rool DK blowout trailer that showed off a ton of content, now I just have my thoughts and pessimism to sit with while that tinge of optimism still exists in the back of my mind.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're only delaying feing depressed by dilluding yourself. You can't avoid it forever.
Better to let yourself grieve now and accept it then move on now, rather than torture yourself like this.

There is no K Rool, Ridley or MewTwo playable in this game.

And there is almost no chance of being DLC in this game.
If they made DLC it would suck the hype out of character anticipation for Smash 5, and then Smash 5 sales would suffer.
Not going to happen bro. Deal with it sooner rather than later.

The only tiny chance of DLC would be maybe one character who was the last in production who they just ran out of time to finish before release. They might figure, we put in all this effort, so we'll just polish it off and let them download it.
As a student of Psychology, Marketing, and Life, I just don't see it your way.
But you can be as miserable about it as you want.
I'd rather be full of the good feels.
There's been absolutely no torture involved.

Funny thing about looking on the hopeful side in life is that there is always another angle, no matter what.
Attitude and Perception make reality.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Ok guys, for reals, all this disorder and chaos is making me sad. I miss when we were all here to happily support our Krocodilian King for Smash.
Well there's really not much else to say besides K.Rool's chances of getting in taking a huge nosedive. It just puts a big damper on everyone...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, K.Rool hasn't been in many games lately, so I'm not altogether surprised. Of course I wanted him in, but I'll deal. He has gotten trophies in both SSBM and SSBB, so his existance is at least acknowledged.

I really hope the DLC idea pans out. I know they didn't like it before, but it would be a great way to bring back the cuts they had to make and also throw in a few extra characters, and I don't think anyone can deny the King was pretty highly requested.

So I'l get over my disappointment with the roster. There are some characters I do like, so I'll have fun. And we can still hope for DLC.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I came here to say that my optimism for King K. Rool remains unchanged.

That said I never knew how much I wanted Bowser Jr. til now

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
As a student of Psychology, Marketing, and Life, I just don't see it your way.
But you can be as miserable about it as you want.
I'd rather be full of the good feels.
There's been absolutely no torture involved.

Funny thing about looking on the hopeful side in life is that there is always another angle, no matter what.
Attitude and Perception make reality.
Very very outdated psychology it sounds like.

If you really were a student of modern psychology you would understand the perils of trying to control your emotions and avoid negative feelings.

That's a very unhealthy way of thinking.
See modern empirical based psychology ACT and CBT to learn more.

Last edited:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Well this certainly wasn't how I wanted to see the things end. When K.Rool didnt appear in Brawl, I was upset and a little shocked, but looking back on it, I guess it wasn't as surprising as I thought it was.

He hadn't been in a game for ages, and we were getting all these really dearly wanted characters like Meta Knight, Wario, Pit, King Dedede etc. So I figured he just didnt make the development cut, much like how it sounded like mewtwo was scrapped due to time constraints.

But when Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U were announced, I figured it was a no brainer he would be in. Most of the big name characters were already in smash bros, and K.Rool seemed to be such a popular choice with the fans. He had the advantage that he would add a new heavy weight character to the roster (which I dont think we have had one yet), and he didnt seem to be favored as a boss like Ridley was in Brawl (I have no idea how much of the written leak about him and mewtwo being playable is true). And when the kremlings were shown off in Smash Run, it shot a trigger in my mind. I figured this had to be the game they brought the King Kroc into smash.

Yet here we are. No King in sight. Instead we have the return of god damn Doctor Mario, who could of easily just been a costume, and god new clone out of Dark Pit. Im not even mad at Bowser Jr or Duck Hunt Dog. At least they are unique interesting characters that could offer a lot of interesting game play, but not seeing K.Rool there is too much.

After seeing all these retro characters and call backs, you would of thought this would be K.Rools chance, out of all characters to return, but my hopes have dried up by this point. If he is in, they are doing a damn good job of keeping it hidden till the very end, but after hoping for one of my favorite nintendo characters to be in smash bros since Brawl, my optimism is done. Until I see him updated on the site and king some peasant butt, I am pretty much to grips that K.Rool will never get to battle it out with his fellow Kings.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Very very outdated psychology it sounds like.

If you really were a student of modern psychology you would understand the perils of trying to control your emotions and avoid negative feelings.

That's a very unhealthy way of thinking.
See modern empirical based psychology ACT and CBT to learn more.
Hope and a positive perspective are outdated? Please, do tell.
The ironic thing, is that I'm not analyzing my own psychological approach to this game, but rather, Sakurai's in his approach to what he is offering.
You seem to read me as being in denial. I find that quite amusing, but it is for your own life to live. Constantly living in a negative place will make you more ill tempered, sick, and unsuccessful.
I'd rather not be that person.

I think what you are forgetting is that this is a video game.
And if you are going to end up .... allow me to go to past posts, but it sounded like 'majorly depressed,' over a video game, I think you need to alter your own perception of going through life, buddy.

I do not avoid pain, I embrace it. I do not try to focus on it before it happens, anticipating it, when it is not here.
Gestalt at it's finest.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I did want Jr., but I'd give him up for Rool in a second.
Same here, although bowser jr. is one of my favorites, I don't really have a kinship with him like I do with K. Rool.

I just find it kinda stupid how most of these newcomers of full of people I never even heard of until after I came here to this site. The only ones who approve are rpg fans and haters of the hype 3. If you ask me, ssb64 and ssbm were perhaps the only series that featured all of the most iconic and important characters in nintendo history. This roster here is a joke aside from the vets, mega man, and little mac.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm quite aware of it.
I think what you are forgetting is that this is a video game.
And if you are going to end up .... allow me to go to past posts, but it sounded like 'majorly depressed,' over a video game, I think you need to alter your own perception of going through life, buddy.

I do not avoid pain, I embrace it. I do not try to focus on it before it happens, anticipating it, when it is not here.
Gestalt at it's finest.
No need to get defensive mate. We're all friends here.

I was only responding to your own initial use of the word depressed, which I wouldn't be surprised or blame them if some people are experiencing varying levels of it. (Clearly many on this board have invested unhealthy amounts of anticipation into this game).

But since you're familiar with ACT and CBT, I'm sure you're already aware how ignorant it can be to judge what people "should" and "shouldn't" get depressed about.

I'm merely experiencing the feeling of disappointment. But I'm okay with that and will accept it with time and move on.

However, I do struggle to see how you're being completely honest with yourself since we've actually seen footage of the game and you're still rejecting the roster.

(Gestalt is regarded as very limited these days and isn't generally practised).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No need to get defensive mate. We're all friends here.

I was only responding to your own initial use of the word depressed, which I wouldn't be surprised or blame them if some people are experiencing varying levels of it. (Clearly many on this board have invested unhealthy amounts of anticipation into this game).

But since you're familiar with ACT and CBT, I'm sure you're already aware how ignorant it can be to judge what people "should" and "shouldn't" get depressed about.

I'm merely experiencing the feeling of disappointment. But I'm okay with that and will accept it with time and move on.

However, I do struggle to see how you're being completely honest with yourself since we've actually seen footage of the game and you're still rejecting the roster.

(Gestalt is regarded as very limited these days and isn't generally practised).
I'm not disregarding the leak at all; it is pretty clear that leak is not the full roster. That is in fact, part of the leak, that it is not the full roster.
My notion is that it is likely we will get DLC, because Sakurai would have been aware of a leak happening around this time. Not wanting that to spoil the fun, or even hackers once the cartridge is out, he would hold back content for DLC; not to mention, needing content as hype for the Wii U.

If you are feeling disappointment, embrace it. I don't think I will again after what I felt for Brawl.
I apologize if that is what you are feeling now, which explains quite well why you've been somewhat aggressive towards my optimism.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm not disregarding the leak at all; it is pretty clear that leak is not the full roster. That is in fact, part of the leak, that it is not the full roster.
My notion is that it is likely we will get DLC, because Sakurai would have been aware of a leak happening around this time. Not wanting that to spoil the fun, or even hackers once the cartridge is out, he would hold back content for DLC; not to mention, needing content as hype for the Wii U.

If you are feeling disappointment, embrace it. I don't think I will again after what I felt for Brawl.
I apologize if that is what you are feeling now, which explains quite well why you've been somewhat aggressive towards my optimism.
There was no aggression bro.

But I disagree that it's reasonable to get hopes up so high for something as unlikely as DLC. Let alone call it pretty clear and a fact.

Especially after Sakurai unequivocally said there are no plans to include DLC content.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's done a pretty good job of doing that to Ridley supporters.
Although Ridley's in the leaks.

Alas, all is not lost as long as DLC exists, characters remained unlocked (hint: they are; we're getting more characters per what the leakers are saying), and we have hope, there's no reason we can't continue to move forward.

You know what=???

Screw it, I'm posting the Braveheard Speech (although modified) AGAIN TO RALLY OUR KRAZY KREMLING KREW!!!!!

KREMLING KREWMAN!!!
I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,

AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG KOUNTRYMEN...
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!
You have come to become true K. Rool supporters...
...and true K. Rool supporters you are!!!

What will you do without K. Rool in Smash 4=???
Will you fight=???

*insert lovers of K. Rool who doubt speaking lines here*

Ahh, be vocal of your support, and you might be disappointed.
Give up, and you'll be disappointment-free...
...for at least a while.

And dying in your beds many years from now,
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that
for ONE CHANCE
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES

THAT THEY MAY TAKE OUR HOPES,
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE
OUR KINGDOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K. ROOL LIVES ON!!!!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The only reasons this random picture exists is because I found this hilarious (free) stock photos a few weeks ago. It's simple, but I finally found some us for them with a little bit of editing.

This person represents the spirit of the Kutthroats.

Despite the looming gloomy reality, we are going forward with our Kaptain! Doctor. Boxer. King.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
Judging by everything we've seen so far it really seems that Sakurai is really trying to add every character from all the past Smash brothers games. Dr. Mario is back and Lucina is basically Roy. My guess is that any returning veterans we didn't see in the leak (like Ice Climbers, Lucas and Mewtwo) will be unlockable on the disk and that Ridely (if he's not already announced) K. Rool and any other secret characters will be unlockable as well. We had a secret unlockable villain in Brawl with Wolf so why not here. And like stated before if he doesn't make it in for the first run, K. Rool is a no-brainier as a candidate for DLC. His chances are still good.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well this certainly wasn't how I wanted to see the things end. When K.Rool didnt appear in Brawl, I was upset and a little shocked, but looking back on it, I guess it wasn't as surprising as I thought it was.

He hadn't been in a game for ages, and we were getting all these really dearly wanted characters like Meta Knight, Wario, Pit, King Dedede etc. So I figured he just didnt make the development cut, much like how it sounded like mewtwo was scrapped due to time constraints.

But when Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U were announced, I figured it was a no brainer he would be in. Most of the big name characters were already in smash bros, and K.Rool seemed to be such a popular choice with the fans. He had the advantage that he would add a new heavy weight character to the roster (which I dont think we have had one yet), and he didnt seem to be favored as a boss like Ridley was in Brawl (I have no idea how much of the written leak about him and mewtwo being playable is true). And when the kremlings were shown off in Smash Run, it shot a trigger in my mind. I figured this had to be the game they brought the King Kroc into smash.

Yet here we are. No King in sight. Instead we have the return of god damn Doctor Mario, who could of easily just been a costume, and god new clone out of Dark Pit. Im not even mad at Bowser Jr or Duck Hunt Dog. At least they are unique interesting characters that could offer a lot of interesting game play, but not seeing K.Rool there is too much.

After seeing all these retro characters and call backs, you would of thought this would be K.Rools chance, out of all characters to return, but my hopes have dried up by this point. If he is in, they are doing a damn good job of keeping it hidden till the very end, but after hoping for one of my favorite nintendo characters to be in smash bros since Brawl, my optimism is done. Until I see him updated on the site and king some peasant butt, I am pretty much to grips that K.Rool will never get to battle it out with his fellow Kings.
Um, what are you getting at? Around the time of Brawl K. Rool was appearing left and right. He appeared in several spinoffs, including one Mario spinoff and a couple of DK spinoffs. K. Rool didn't stop appearing in games until after Brawl came out. No one expected K. Rool because we didn't have Diddy Kong yet.

TheSarcasticGuy

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to see what kind of excuses Sakurai has for not including a highly requested iconic villain in K. Rool if he doesn't get in the roster while including potentially (ugh) the Chorus Boys.
"I think that would probably be pretty impossible *laughs*. If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be alright? *laughs*"

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If it makes anyone feel better Dixie only appears in the Foul Mouth leak which IMO has yet to be proven correct as it didn't mention any of Ninkas characters. Foul Mouth mentioned Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and alluded to Dixie and Shulk with the comment of "lots of monkeys and swordsman" as of yet only Shulk is in which btw Shulk is literally in EVERY leak ever.

Personally I think foul mouth is bull...plus yea Dixie is mentioned by that guy leaking the photos but may I remind you this guy leaking the photos is the same guy who bullcraped the DLC. I say K.Rool is still a strong candidate

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dixie appeared in that 6 character leak by that one other related leaker with Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Impa, and Mewtwo.

I don't think that was Foulmouth's leak though.
We have to be optimistic, what would our king think if he saw us being so doubtful about his inclusion
He would kut us into kute little pieces.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
This day was a little sad begining with the video of the leak, I can't believe Dark Pit is a secret character. There were better choice of the Nintendo world such as K. Rool or Krystal or Geno, even for Doctor Mario (this could have been a Mario costume). Bowser Junior and Duck Hunt or Shulk could be unique but the first two seemed like a bad joke. My cat has returned to my house, that is a little happier thig that I may feel this night. I almost have lost all my hopes for the great King to be in the game. That Wii U argument could be the best way to put extremely requested characters like Ridley, Mewtwo or K. Rool after the Wii U Smash 4 launch.

Fraternal greeting to all of you Kremlings comrades. Hopefully we get something DK related with K. Rool after this noise we have made.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
This is exactly why I wasn't... erm... "Kutthroating" as of late.

Mainly because I anticipated that the newcomers this time around had a larger emphasis on the latest fads and what not. Which seems to be the case, at least. Though I still have MAD DOG BOWSER, so I can't complain about the lack of a new fatty on the roster.
Understandable. The minute I saw Greninja and the entire April Direct convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was the direction the roster was going in, a bit on the newer side of characters.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Dixie appeared in that 6 character leak by that one other related leaker with Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Impa, and Mewtwo.

I don't think that was Foulmouth's leak though.

He would kut us into kute little pieces.
No it wasn't, but that list was also legitimately the same characters that the leaks and rumors thread were assuming would be in. Anyone could have typed up that list.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No it wasn't, but that list was also legitimately the same characters that the leaks and rumors thread were assuming would be in. Anyone could have typed up that list.
True, but alas, I don't see a scenario where we don't get Ridley, let alone no Ridley or K. Rool.

I mean, we've gotten no newcomers heavier than Mario.

Mega Man was heavier than Mario in the demo build, but he has since gone on Jenny Craig and lost weight.

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of losing 2 veterans who are heavier than Mario (in Wolf and Snake) and not gaining anything (other than freaking Dr. Mario who is only heavier than Mario in PAL Melee) in terms of heavyweights is disappointing.

Also, Bowser Jr., aka sidekick villain over Ridley and K. Rool would be similarly disappointing.

I don't see Sakurai doing that, unless he's tell us:
1. "Hey guys, buy the DLC and/or wait for the Smash WiiU release for more newcomers!"
2. "Welp, I quit Smash after this, so I'm trolling now."

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Understandable. The minute I saw Greninja and the entire April Direct convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was the direction the roster was going in, a bit on the newer side of characters.
You and me both. The direct worried me, E3 broke my heart.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
True, but alas, I don't see a scenario where we don't get Ridley, let alone no Ridley or K. Rool.

I mean, we've gotten no newcomers heavier than Mario.

Mega Man was heavier than Mario in the demo build, but he has since gone on Jenny Craig and lost weight.

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of losing 2 veterans who are heavier than Mario (in Wolf and Snake) and not gaining anything (other than freaking Dr. Mario who is only heavier than Mario in PAL Melee) in terms of heavyweights is disappointing.

Also, Bowser Jr., aka sidekick villain over Ridley and K. Rool would be similarly disappointing.

I don't see Sakurai doing that, unless he's tell us:
1. "Hey guys, buy the DLC and/or wait for the Smash WiiU release for more newcomers!"
2. "Welp, I quit Smash after this, so I'm trolling now."
I couldn't agree with you more

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, this thread is looking pretty glum with this leak info. Yes, the leak is pretty much legit at this point and that means K Rool's khances are declining. But we do have one thing to look forward to: no matter what, K Rool will be represented in this Smash game. That much is kertain.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Okay guys, this thread is looking pretty glum with this leak info. Yes, the leak is pretty much legit at this point and that means K Rool's khances are declining. But we do have one thing to look forward to: no matter what, K Rool will be represented in this Smash game. That much is kertain.
I hope so, I think most of us want to get out of the gloomy galleon and back onto our happy gangplank one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What the hell guys? Stop being negative ninnys, as those WEREN'T the final characters! It's stated MANY times! If K.Rool doesn't become playable, we do the DLC thing! If you guys are convinced this is the final roster, I damn well hope you guys realise that these might not be the ending credits, there IS more to come!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What the hell guys? Stop being negative ninnys, as those WEREN'T the final characters! It's stated MANY times! If K.Rool doesn't become playable, we do the DLC thing! If you guys are convinced this is the final roster, I damn well hope you guys realise that these might not be the ending credits, there IS more to come!
I'll just play dead like our King until that happens then.

Slider Eclipse

Smash Rookie
i honestly never posted before, simply Lurk in the background.. but i have to say this..

Don't give up my fellow Krewmates, our King still has a good chance. we can reliably say the leak likely doesn't have everyone unlocked and at Worst know of four of the likely 5 secrets. i for one believe DK is big enough to warrant getting two newcomers this game and the king makes the most sense for that final spot. i for one will keep my hope and support our King until the day Sakurai disconfirms him or someone in japan unlocks All star mode without him. Who's with me!?

for the King!

Top Bottom