• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Check it, guys:

Ok, so we obviously know that "Kongo Jungle" is the remix of the DK rap from Melee that played on the Kongo Jungle stage and also played on the Jungle Japes stage in Brawl, so this song will most likely play on the Jungle Japes stage again, but look at the song under it: "Gear Getaway." Level 7-4 of DKCR was named "Gear Getaway" and the song that played in the level was the Rocket Barrel Theme, which we heard in the Direct. But there are several other levels that use that theme, many coming before the level called Gear Getaway. Why didn't they just name the song "Rocket Barrel Theme" or "Peaceful Pier" which is the name of the first level to be a rocket barrel level in the game and have the song played in it? I think we're getting a DKCR stage for the 3DS version based on the level called Gear Getaway or at least a factory-themed stage.
It'd be pretty cool to see a factory level, or one with minecarts. The only thing I'm asking is that it's a static stage. DK stages on Brawl were godawful. All of them. Except for Jungle Japes.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, Sakurai said that there will be songs there that aren't a part of a stage.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, Sakurai said that there will be songs there that aren't a part of a stage.

Excluding Gear Getaway, we know for sure that all the other songs are played on a stage. I don't see why they'd put an odd-one-out song here for no reason. If I had to guess what the stars are there for, I'd say it's to signify that a song is played on a stage.

Last edited:

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I would also add that meta knights character banner is down. Possibly a Nintendo direct next week? Also two pics of the day involving ghirahim who is a villain so maybe hinting at a villains trailer? King k rool, ridley, mewtwo, ganondorf, bowser and wolf all in the same trailer would be amazing. Just speculating though

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
I would also add that meta knights character banner is down. Possibly a Nintendo direct next week? Also two pics of the day involving ghirahim who is a villain so maybe hinting at a villains trailer? King k rool, ridley, mewtwo, ganondorf, bowser and wolf all in the same trailer would be amazing. Just speculating though
Calling it now: we're getting something soon. At best, it'll be a Direct or trailer announcement. At worst, it'll be a veteran reveal. With the Japanese release date approaching fast, Sakurai only has so much time to take the last few trailers out of the 'bottom of the barrel'. Wait... barrel? DK NEWCOMER CONFIRMED

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Man, they got the guy that did music for Donkey Konga, but not David Wise? :(

Other than that though, the line up of artists is amazing. Chronotrigger, Xenoblade guy, Kingdomhearts/Mario RPG person, Dark Souls, oh man oh man

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So. if I understand correctly, the presence of this "Gear Getaway" song is an indication of a new Donkey Kong stage on the 3DS?

That's good news.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man, they got the guy that did music for Donkey Konga, but not David Wise? :(

Other than that though, the line up of artists is amazing. Chronotrigger, Xenoblade guy, Kingdomhearts/Mario RPG person, Dark Souls, oh man oh man
The list I think is for the 3DS version only. Hopefully we'll get an update for the composers in the Wii U version. So hopefully we will get David Wise on that list.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We should keep an eye on the music on the website. Who knows, we may see a DK soundtrack.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
So. if I understand correctly, the presence of this "Gear Getaway" song is an indication of a new Donkey Kong stage on the 3DS?

That's good news.
It was probably slapped on as an alternate track for the Jungle Japes stage. Hell, I bet "Kongo Jungle" is just another rehash of DK Island Swing that they were too lazy to properly name. Needless to say, I've lost my faith in Sakurai. :/

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm thinking Ghirahim reveal may increase K Rools chances just because it eliminates a villain who could take his place.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Needless to say, I've lost my faith in Sakurai. :/
I haven't. I'm not going to let a leak that seems very fake to me lose my faith in Sakurai. Sure, I don't agree with everything he does, but in my opinion he has done a spectacular job so far. He has made many smart decisions.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm thinking Ghirahim reveal may increase K Rools chances just because it eliminates a villain who could take his place.
Dark Pit will probably fill Sakurai's villain quota, as sad as that sounds.

I've noticed you guys have become negative ninnys, don't trust any leaks, if you give up because a leak seems likely, then you aren't really a true supporter!
No true Scotsman fallacy? Trust me, I've been supporting K. Rool since the Melee era, but you can't deny that Sakurai has been figuratively ****ting on every franchise not named Mario, Pokémon, and Kid Icarus. Assuming the leak is true, of course. In all fairness, Fire Emblem has been around for decades, so I think it deserves 3-4 characters. But so does DK, and at this point I think we'd be lucky to get a Dixie Assist Trophy. Again, I hope I'm wrong. I really do. And I certainly don't think our expectations are too high. K. Rool's inclusion is long overdue. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment because that's what Sakurai does best.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
The problem with Sakurai, or at least the problem I see arising, is that he's jumbling DK with the Mario series, and that's why we aren't seeing more content for it. It's really frustrating.

I still have hope for one more DK newcomer, but at this point things are looking grim.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Doubt it. Dark Pit isn't even a villain, he is an anti-hero. Hell, his villainous intents only last for slightly more than one chapter, after which it's just a rivalry between the two. And even then that rivalry is rather one-sided.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

No true Scotsman fallacy? Trust me, I've been supporting K. Rool since the Melee era, but you can't deny that Sakurai has been figuratively ****ting on every franchise not named Mario, Pokémon, and Kid Icarus. Assuming the leak is true, of course. In all fairness, Fire Emblem has been around for decades, so I think it deserves 3-4 characters. But so does DK, and at this point I think we'd be lucky to get a Dixie Assist Trophy. Again, I hope I'm wrong. I really do. And I certainly don't think our expectations are too high. K. Rool's inclusion is long overdue. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment because that's what Sakurai does best.
But if you assume the leak is true, you also accept that not every character in it has apparently been unlocked (From what I have heard/read regarding it) meaning we are back at the same place with no leak - none the wiser about whether there will be new DK content; just with a few extra newcomers you may or may not like along the way. Regardless of the leak and its veracity I still think K. Rool has one of the best chances of getting in out of any potential newcomer.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Doubt it. Dark Pit isn't even a villain, he is an anti-hero. Hell, his villainous intents only last for slightly more than one chapter, after which it's just a rivalry between the two. And even then that rivalry is rather one-sided.
If Dark Pit is in as a standalone playable, that would be the most selfish move by Sakurai and the biggest F you to other franchises's fans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Alright, you have good arguments, but Sakurai has been listening to fans everywhere, and I'm fairly certain he knows about the big 3, Melee's trophy stated that K.Rool had fans, right? The Kremlings fear him, so I think that is a nod to the fanbase, and as we already have a high possibility of 2/3, why not add the other most requested character?

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
We could ask Grant Kirkhope for help with this K. Rool campaign, he loves the character, he designed the music for one of his best games, my second personal favorite of the frachise, and the man is very popular in the internet, I have him in my Facebook, and in his Twitter he is also popular! At least this may work for a DLC or for the next inclusion of the character in a new DK game or an undoubtly inclusion of the King in Smash 5.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
We could ask Grant Kirkhope for help with this K. Rool campaign, he loves the character, he designed the music for one of his best games, my second personal favorite of the frachise, and the man is very popular in the internet, I have him in my Facebook, and in his Twitter he is also popular! At least this may work for a DLC or for the next inclusion of the character in a new DK game or an undoubtly inclusion of the King in Smash 5.

Hhrrmrmmmm Kirkhope is good...
EDIT: Kirkhope music remastered for Sm4sh yes please

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Excluding Gear Getaway, we know for sure that all the other songs are played on a stage. I don't see why they'd put an odd-one-out song here for no reason. If I had to guess what the stars are there for, I'd say it's to signify that a song is played on a stage.
Hold on a sec - How is that song list organized? If like brawl, it'd be by series, and the "Main/Underworld" is Zelda. Battlefield is SSB proper, so does that mean that there are only two DK universe songs in the whole of SSB43DS?

:urg:
That's not cool. Who wants to bet that KI universe has more songs than DK, Zelda, and Metroid combined?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well we can't let this leak get us done even if the leak is true it supposedly isn't all the characters. We will find out soon enough what the entire roster is.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I can see a gear/factory level from DKCR being fun. (Assuming that is a new stage where Gear Getaway plays.)

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Hold on a sec - How is that song list organized? If like brawl, it'd be by series, and the "Main/Underworld" is Zelda. Battlefield is SSB proper, so does that mean that there are only two DK universe songs in the whole of SSB43DS?

:urg:
That's not cool. Who wants to bet that KI universe has more songs than DK, Zelda, and Metroid combined?
Well each stage only gets two songs. So if there is only one DK stage then yes that is all the music.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder whether Gear Getaway is a new track or is the official name for the Rocket Barrel remix we heard in the Direct. As far as I remember, there are two Rocket Barrel themes in Returns, the first of which played in the Gear Getaway level and is the Smash version as well.

Thing is, other than a Temple remix being added to Temple in Brawl, we haven't had any new music added to returning stages. Odds are, this is either part of a 3DS Returns stage or a stage-less track.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well each stage only gets two songs. So if there is only one DK stage then yes that is all the music.
Makes sense. If you look under it, there's four Zelda songs, presumably for Gerudo Valley and Spirit Train. So it seems Jungle Japes is all we're getting.

Couldn't even be arsed to make a new DK stage, eh Sakurai? Too busy making sure Dark Pit's model looks great?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Makes sense. If you look under it, there's four Zelda songs, presumably for Gerudo Valley and Spirit Train. So it seems Jungle Japes is all we're getting.

Couldn't even be arsed to make a new DK stage, eh Sakurai? Too busy making sure Dark Pit's model looks great?
Well, hopefully Wii U got some stuff for us. Console-related franchise and all that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You guys seem depressed by this fake leak... :c
In theory Zelda should get a returning stage, so even if these are the only tracks, DK should still have a new stage as well. However, this would match up with the leak showing no new DK stage on 3DS (which is complete BULL****), and Sakurai is just casually showing off returning stages for a few franchises on 3DS, while Mario is capable of getting four new stages and Nintendo's fifth best-selling franchise is incapable of getting one.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wonder whether Gear Getaway is a new track or is the official name for the Rocket Barrel remix we heard in the Direct. As far as I remember, there are two Rocket Barrel themes in Returns, the first of which played in the Gear Getaway level and is the Smash version as well.

Thing is, other than a Temple remix being added to Temple in Brawl, we haven't had any new music added to returning stages. Odds are, this is either part of a 3DS Returns stage or a stage-less track.
Actually, I believe the reason the Temple stage got that new remix is because the second piece of music that originally played on the stage, Together We Ride from Fire Emblem, was moved over to an actual Fire Emblem stage, since there wasn't one in Melee. So, just going by precedent, it would seem more likely that we're going to get a new DK stage on the 3DS than this song being assigned to the returning Jungle Japes stage.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You guys need to stop being so pessimistic. This is one leak we are talking here. One that ain't even that good. Stop being such downers, we are Kutthroats, we are supposed to be high in spirits!

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
In theory Zelda should get a returning stage, so even if these are the only tracks, DK should still have a new stage as well. However, this would match up with the leak showing no new DK stage on 3DS (which is complete BULL****), and Sakurai is just casually showing off returning stages for a few franchises on 3DS, while Mario is capable of getting four new stages and Nintendo's fifth best-selling franchise is incapable of getting one.
Fifth?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Btw guys, I listened to the actual Rocket Barrel Music and it doesn't sound anything like the default Gear Getaway music. Why would they call it Gear Getaway if its the Rocket Barrel theme? I think there will be unlockable music in this game, just no more than two per stage.

The "Wii" series is considered its own franchise, which has passed even the Zelda series. Yes, fifth. I was calling DK Nintendo's fourth best-selling franchise until someone corrected me that the Wii series of games is now Nintendo's third best-selling franchise.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
-Nintendo employees responded with the K Rool DLC campaign with wording suggesting he was in, not 'do not get your hopes up.'
I know that this was quite a few pages back but I had fallen behind on the thread and was catching up and saw this. Nobody seemed to mention anything about it and this is the first time I have ever heard of this before.

Can someone explain this to me? What happened?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know that this was quite a few pages back but I had fallen behind on the thread and was catching up and saw this. Nobody seemed to mention anything about it and this is the first time I have ever heard of this before.

Can someone explain this to me? What happened?
I don't get the notion that they "suggested he was in," the max they said is "the roster isn't finalized and any new characters announced will be put on the Smash Bros. website." That's really about it. I can't find the other emails that were posted, but they're in this thread... somewhere.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
By the way, this video is incredible!

Right in the nostalgia...

If King K. Rool isn't going to be playable in Smash 4, I'm going to be so disappointed. I'm not going to believe any of the leaks until either:

1. The game releases in Japan.
2. King K. Rool is a playable character.

Top Bottom