• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i''ve been pretty quite about this leak but i think i should speak on my behav.You guys can't seriously believe this roster leak, can you? It's a hilariously piss-poor set of pictures.Notice how the victory screen with Shulk is a team battle. That's a real easy way to get out of making the unique font for that screen.Not to mention, Bowser Jr.? Dr. Mario? That's SEVEN Mario reps. That's a wee bit ridiculous, don'tcha think?Not to mention that these off-cam pictures aren't from a 3DS.It's fake. Anyone can make something like this.Also, the gameplay screen is on a Brawl stage, and hacking Brawl for custom textures/models is hilariously easy.So i believe this is fake

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Every week or so I check in to see if any new characters are revealed and all I find is more rumors & nonsense.

Still holding on to that shred of hope that one day I am going to see the King K. Rool reveal trailer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i''ve been pretty quite about this leak but i think i should speak on my behav.You guys can't seriously believe this roster leak, can you? It's a hilariously piss-poor set of pictures.Notice how the victory screen with Shulk is a team battle. That's a real easy way to get out of making the unique font for that screen.Not to mention, Bowser Jr.? Dr. Mario? That's SEVEN Mario reps. That's a wee bit ridiculous, don'tcha think?Not to mention that these off-cam pictures aren't from a 3DS.It's fake. Anyone can make something like this.Also, the gameplay screen is on a Brawl stage, and hacking Brawl for custom textures/models is hilariously easy.So i believe this is fake
Here's the thing, I'm leaning towards fake, but the leak ACTUALLY looks like the most legitimate leak to date. What turns me off about it is several of the renders look like they were edited from other character renders or fan-made renders of those characters, and I'm positive I've seen both the Shulk and Dark Pit icon portraits before. The Ganondorf render looks like he's ripped straight out of Brawl or Twilight Princess and then posed.

But its still the most legitimate-looking leak to date, and that worries me. Granted, even if it is legit its not the full roster.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I have not kept up to date with the leak thread but if that leak is stated by the leakers not to be the full roster then I don't understand the frenzy. There is enough room left on the CSS screen they posted for the big three characters and a couple of others, and as stupid an idea as I think including Dark Pit and Dr Mario is, if the leaker suddenly tells us they've unlocked one of the favourites here I don't think anyone will care anymore. I don't know what Nintendo's response to you guys have been, but I don't think there is any hint in Sakurai wanting this to be the "best character game". Unless you have supporting evidence that the interpretation of this should be that the top requested characters are getting in, it is meaningless as the characters Sakurai considers best are not necessarily going to be the same ones I do.

In all fairness to Sakurai I think the PotD's have got a lot better recently. We are seeing a lot more new content such as stages and AT's rather than seeing the Mii's over and over again.
I don't know, wednesday picture with the chest was terrible

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, I'm not at all worried about K. Rool's fate anymore, even if Dixie gets in over him.

In my opinion, with the Kremlings in the Smash Run (with obliterating the relevance, recency, and RARE arguments) that will be showcased to thousands of customers, with K. Rool likely getting a larger role then just a mere trophy this time around, and with the Kremling Kampaign spreading awareness for K. Rool, I feel that he's already won, regardless. All of this and more will help propel him back into his rightful place in Donkey Kong Country and prominence in the franchise. It's not a matter of if, but when.

I'm confident that even if an undesirable outcome were to occur (Boss Hazard or Assist Trophy) that K. Rool and the Kremlings will likely regain sizable popularity regardless of what role their thrown into.

Even if it turns out he's unplayable in Smash 4, that won't stop the Demented Crocodile King's plan to make a comeback to once again steal the measly Kong's Banana Hoard.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I agree, the Kremlings being in Smash Run is introducing them to a new generation of Nintendo/Smash/DK fans. If K. Rool is anything above a mere trophy this time he will also get this exposure.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wow, this thread brings back some DK64 memories! I'm worried about the leak, but until it's proven one way or the other, I support K.Rool. More villains for Smash!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So guys, I think the leak is fake but it got me thinking: what if the reason we've been shown hardly anything DK-related is because there really is nothing more to show? At this point, I don't particularly think it would be impossible for Sakurai to give the short end of the stick to this great series that clearly deserves a whole lot of representation in Smash 4.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So guys, I think the leak is fake but it got me thinking: what if the reason we've been shown hardly anything DK-related is because there really is nothing more to show? At this point, I don't particularly think it would be impossible for Sakurai to give the short end of the stick to this great series that clearly deserves a whole lot of representation in Smash 4.
Let's hope that's not the case, otherwise he'll be totally contradicting himself when he says he wants this to be the best "character game" ever.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. An immensely popular series with an immensely popular revival, and all we get is a single stage from a thirteen year old game.

Let's hope that's not the case, otherwise he'll be totally contradicting himself when he says he wants this to be the best "character game" ever.
Assuming this leak is true, he pretty much already has.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. An immensely popular series with an immensely popular revival, and all we get is a single stage from a thirteen year old game.

Assuming the leak is true, Smash Bros. is in desperate need of a new director once Smash 5 comes around.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Assuming the leak is true, Smash Bros. is in desperate need of a new director once Smash 5 comes around.
Good thing the leak seems to be 99.99999% fake.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This has been in my mind for a couple months now. We have literally NOTHING new from the DK series, apart from some Smash Run enemies. This could mean one of two things:

1) Sakurai doesn't give a single crap about DK and thus is letting it rot and die slow and painfully.

2) Sakurai has some content up his sleeve (characters, stages, ATs...) and is going to announce all of it at once in a huge reveal trailer.

It certainly is suspicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure DK is the only series right now that has nothing new whatsoever.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
This has been in my mind for a couple months now. We have literally NOTHING new from the DK series, apart from some Smash Run enemies. This could mean one of two things:

1) Sakurai doesn't give a single crap about DK and thus is letting it rot and die slow and painfully.

2) Sakurai has some content up his sleeve (characters, stages, ATs...) and is going to announce all of it at once in a huge reveal trailer.

It certainly is suspicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure DK is the only series right now that has nothing new whatsoever.
Nah, you're wrong about the first one. Because, if Sakurai really does hate DK, it's not dying anytime soon. It's thriving now on par with the old days. Let him feel the sting and burn of this. :demon:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This has been in my mind for a couple months now. We have literally NOTHING new from the DK series, apart from some Smash Run enemies. This could mean one of two rhings:

I pray to God K. Rool it's the second one.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The Mother series is one of the forgoten series by Sakurai by now
Well, we have a couple items (Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge), so Ness is a given. Lucas is hanging by a thread, though.

I'm not a big fan of Mother myself (never played them and don't really like the characters and overall universe of it), but yeah, it's weird we haven't seen anything yet. I feel like some series are taking all the spotlight while others are crying in the shadows with Sakurai laughing like a madman and pointing at them.

But hey! K. Rool thread!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't know, wednesday picture with the chest was terrible
Definitely. But in general I have found myself enjoying the PotD a lot more recently. Perhaps it is solely because the Mii posts have slowed down, but it feels like there are more new details being posted recently (stages, assist trophies, modes, menus) which I can get into. For the most part I don't even care about the disconfirmations happening; beyond Mewtwo and K. Rool I don't really have high hopes for any particular characters. There are some veterans I am still hoping to return but beyond potentially Ice Climbers (And Rosaluma is by far a good enough replacement for me) the ones I want all seem pretty likely to return.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Yes, someone who makes a fanservice game into a REAL fanservice game, not some pathetic marketing move to shove niche franchises into people's throats...
And the only newcomer game i didn't play is Xenoblade (not paying 200$ for a copy). Good games, but does not warrant the pathetic ammount of bias and marketing. Its a disrespect to the majority of the smash fanbase and franchises that molded the industry and actually helped Nintendo reach its legendary place, but get the middle finger from suckurai because he prefers his waifus and husbandos...

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm really hoping we get a DKC trailer revealing Dixie and K Rool soon, so we can shut the Donkey doesn't deserve anymore reps people up. We have no new stages yet so I'm really hoping this will happen.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I guarantee there's a 99% change we're getting a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage. I mean, in the e3 2013 trailer it shows DK running through a Retro-esque DK Jungle, the tiki's are in, and needless i say DKCR sold extremely well? So the main DK representation in SSB4 would be from that game.

Now as for the Kremlings being added, they were probably added because alongside DKCR, K.Rool and the Kremlings are still considered the main villians. I doubt they would put K.Rool as a boss in a DKCR stage, so he is more likely playable or AT than a stage boss.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So hey, I just thought of something..
If we do get a new DK stage, wouldn't it be something from DKCR? I mean, in teh e3 2013 trailer it shows DK running through a Retro-esque DK Jungle, the tiki's are in, and needless i say DKCR sold extremely well? So the main DK representation in SSB4 would be from that game.

Now as for the Kremlings being added, they were added because alongside DKCR, K.Rool and the Kremlings are still considered the main villians. I doubt they would put K.Rool as a boss in a DKCR stage, so he is more likely playable or AT than a stage boss.
Oh I expect there to be at least one DKCR stage on the Wii U but hopefully one classic one too. K. Rool needs his fair share of DK representation as well. I see him more so as playable than an AT.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Oh I expect there to be at least one DKCR stage on the Wii U but hopefully one classic one too. K. Rool needs his fair share of DK representation as well. I see him more so as playable than an AT.
agreed, putting K.Rool as an AT would be like putting Gannondorf, DeDeDe, or Bowser as one
Edit: Just realized K.Rool would be the 4th Trouble King, seems logical for his inclusion now ;)

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
One thing to keep in mind is that it might be better for K Rool to not appear in the game at all than have him appear as a AT or a Boss. This is because if he does not appear at all it leaves him open to eventually becoming DLC, whereas I think characters that appear in the game as AT or bosses are less likely to become DLC.

In terms of AT's for DK I think the best best bets are Rambi, Cranky, or Funky Kong.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
One thing to keep in mind is that it might be better for K Rool to not appear in the game at all than have him appear as a AT or a Boss. This is because if he does not appear at all it leaves him open to eventually becoming DLC, whereas I think characters that appear in the game as AT or bosses are less likely to become DLC.

In terms of AT's for DK I think the best best bets are Rambi, Cranky, or Funky Kong.
Or as many witnesses have been reporting, Chunky.

D

Deleted member

I think that the Kremlings in Smash Run proves that Sakurai is One of Us. We have already won! :awesome:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Haahhh. Thinking (or rather brainstorming) about my animation project.

Hitting a bunch of hurdles that keeping hindering me. Not stopping. Never stopping. But it's killing my enthusiasm a bit.

I've a fair batch of it down, mentally what I want to be doing but I started this without any real plan.
By which I mean I had a bunch of ideas for lyrics and synonymous character movements. Good and solid ideas. I've been planning em out and they handle fine but only a few parts.

The rest is up in the air.

So I'm putting it to the table. I'm open to ideas here. Any kind of inspiration will help. I have ideas but nothing "OMG brilliant I'm feeling this!"

Here's some criteria. Base design if you will of what I'm going for. Character-traits and the like.

• It's gonna be original. Entirely. I may make allusions or evolve a good idea from the original version but it's going in with "This is my take".
  • Character of K. Rool, the star of it all: The original gave the King a manic energy. Wild and wacky. Mine will tone it down a lil notch but be a touch more "aggressive". By this I mean K. Rool will be more forceful in his attempts to brainwash DK. He's gonna approach DK with the kind of closeness/enthusiasm you'd get from a best bud (teasing, bounding about and even the odd bear-hug)... only in his own way. Selling it a bit too hard that it make DK a bit uncomfortable. But not enough to dispute it. It's gonna be a wild dynamic. Even when DK's singing his spiel he (K. Rool) is gonna be doing everything he can to encourage him- like a mad scientist marveling at what he's creating.
  • My take is going with the more or less current designs of DK and K. Rool. (Yes, he'll be mostly PAON inspired, I'm sorry. I know some of you aren't keen on that. I may gleam up his chest a bit see how it looks but I can't promise anything. Y'know, as a compromise.)
  • DK on the other hand is gonna be more or less the same as the original. A bit more active yes but mostly the same. He'd certainly react in the way you'd expect concerning K. Rool's antics. Uncertainty and unease and almost approaching slight twinge of horror. The whole "active" thing is more or less an evolution of the original. K. Rool was only one really doing anything in the original. DK was just reacting and mimicking him. He'll have a conscious grasp of things. He'll attempt to flee K. Rool (unsuccessfully) during the song, he'll process (mid-song) the new "information" about his state of being K. Rool gives him while the Kremling King encourages him. (It's actually "grooming" in a sense) But K. Rool's still the driving force but he'll more to do.
But yeah. That's me. I'm open to ideas anyone has. I'll come up with something eventually but a nod in the right direction goes a long way.

Btw, this is what I'm recreating for those not in the know.

I'm showing this version because I'm including the dialogue before and after the song. :p

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
To be fair, if Nintendo themselves handled Smash it would be 1000x worse with the roster, game mechanics and bias decisions. Trust me, it would be 100% a game only for marketing.

I don't always agree with Sakurai's design decisions (in fact, ever since Brawl I rarely do) but I think it could be faaaar worse.

I'm starting to become increasingly worried that this is the case. With Metroid too. The new leak may also support this notion.

Why are they advertising these past stages as if they are new? Have they done that before? I'm not confident there's much more to unlock.

Xzsmmc, we need to have a fight to the death to see who's more pessimistic and unsurprised at the recent events at this point :rotfl:

You already have a head start with that avatar of yours, but I won't lose!

I think that the Kremlings in Smash Run proves that Sakurai is One of Us. We have already won! :awesome:
Sakurai isn't "One of Us" until King K. Rool is playable in Smash 4 in all his golden-plated girth glory. :awesome:

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This will be K. Rools Reaction if he is confirmed.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So if K. Rool gets deconfirmed, what's the accepted alternative?

"Aren't I cooler than K. Rool?" :troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom