• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Back on topic, if you have to pick one alt for K. Rool what is it?
If he got costumes, it would obviously be Kaptain, and if I had to choose a costume, it would also obviously be Kaptain. And I echo whoever said we need Crocodile Cacophony in the game to go along with a Kaptain costume.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Pharaoh Rool seems kinda plausible. All things considered. There's only like two things they'd need to change.
Just as an option. If only just to mock it. :)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Pharaoh Rool seems kinda plausible. All things considered. There's only like two things they'd need to change.
Just as an option. If only just to mock it. :)
The one thing I like about that costume is the collar. Someone adapted it into his normal costume, and personally I prefer the air think it looks pretty good.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If he got costumes, it would obviously be Kaptain, and if I had to choose a costume, it would also obviously be Kaptain. And I echo whoever said we need Crocodile Cacophony in the game to go along with a Kaptain costume.
That was me and you're welcome. XD

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
The one thing I like about that costume is the collar. Someone adapted it into his normal costume, and personally I prefer the air think it looks pretty good.

Actually love the style this is drawn in. Always wanted to do one of these but never really had the time or drive. I still feel the final smash should be him jumping into the back ground, and as the fake credits roll, cannon balls drop from the air and land all over the stage. If they were to hit a platform they would bounce off it and keep falling until they hit the main stage. Everything else on there looks pretty cool tho.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

You know, Pharaoh K. Rool doesn't look half bad with a cape and without a diaper.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Is that the new Wario Waft...? o_O

Edit: On serious note, I prefer the original version though. The blue gem offsets it nicely.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, I just saw K. Rool in Mario Super Sluggers recently and I was trying to figure out why he looked so different. So he was based on a pharoah? Weird...

I also checked out some screenshots and he was going to once again have a new outfit in Diddy Kong Pilot, where he was dressed up like a baron or something like that. It looked epic, if K. Rool comes back in future games I'd like to see more crazy outfits and disguises he can wear. :D

Laniv

Smash Champion
Makes me wonder how far we can take this...

Mario = King of Gaming
Sonic = King of Fast
Luigi = King of Death Stares/King of All Y'all
King K. Rool = King of Fat*
Mii Jesus = King of Kings (obviously)

any others...?

*Or "Swag"...
King of Second Bananas.

Little Mac = King of the Ring

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well... DK is also known as the King of Swing. Anyone brought that up yet? :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just a thought I had, but does the reveal of the new (or rather, old) Fire Emblem stage mean anything for K. Rool? After all, it is an example of Sakurai looking into the older games of a series to pull content from. Perhaps he'll do the same with Donkey Kong?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Just a thought I had, but does the reveal of the new (or rather, old) Fire Emblem stage mean anything for K. Rool? After all, it is an example of Sakurai looking into the older games of a series to pull content from. Perhaps he'll do the same with Donkey Kong?
Maybe, maybe not.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think it means much. It does mean he's willing to look into older games, though, and I appreciate that. But it just means he's trying to represent a broader aspect of the series rather than just always taking from the latest installments.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think it means much. It does mean he's willing to look into older games, though, and I appreciate that. But it just means he's trying to represent a broader aspect of the series rather than just always taking from the latest installments.
Well of course it doesn't mean that much in the long run. But, as you said, the fact that Sakurai is incorporating aspects from older parts of series, and not just the newest installments, does show that it's feasible for K. Rool to be considered for the roster. It may not be much at all, but it's something, I think.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
If K. Rool isn't revealed at E3 I'll be shocked. There's no better time for the King to be shown than during the biggest gaming event of the year.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Going to stop lurking briefly to mention that I am in full support of the King, he's probably one of my favorite video game characters of all time and it makes me a little bit sad that his most recent appearance is in a Mario sports spin-off in 2008. He really deserves to get more attention from Nintendo and Smash Bros would be perfect for it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If he is playable, he's probably going to be an unlockable.
Agreed. I don't think K. Rool would bring as much hype as a character like Ridley, either, so if anyone is announced who people think is out, it'll probably be Ridley. That said I don't see anything against K. Rool either, I have a lot of confidence with the reveal of Kritters in Smash Run that K. Rool will be playable.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, unlike Ridley, K. Rool is also heavily requested over at Japan. If anything, hype-wise, he is more likely to be revealed there. Then again, unlike Ridley, K. Rool hasn't been implied to be a boss character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed. I don't think K. Rool would bring as much hype as a character like Ridley, either, so if anyone is announced who people think is out, it'll probably be Ridley. That said I don't see anything against K. Rool either, I have a lot of confidence with the reveal of Kritters in Smash Run that K. Rool will be playable.
I'd argue that King K. Rool could bring as much, if not even more hype, than Ridley would thanks to being a worldwide requested character (whereas Ridley gets barely any requests in Japan). However, I do think that whatever Ridley's role is will be at E3.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool would be a monstrously hype-generating character whenever he's revealed, be it tomorrow or in a few months. So long as we don't get a crappy boss montage, there's no reason to worry if he's not at E3.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool would be a monstrously hype-generating character whenever he's revealed, be it tomorrow or in a few months. So long as we don't get a crappy boss montage, there's no reason to worry if he's not at E3.
Yeah, that's my opinion. I don't see why K. Rool can't be shown off later. I'm positive we'll have a new DK character for sure.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would facepalm if they tried this in the same jest of Iwata looking at bananas was clever funny

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can see K. Rool not being revealed at E3. Would rather have him sooner than later, but it's not a deal breaker for him the way it is for a 3rd Party character like Snake or Pac-Man. Ridley to a lesser extent.

Yeah, that's my main point about K. Rool. K. Rool not appearing at E3 isn't a dealbreaker, unlike a new third-party character.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking this thread for months now and have decided to finally join the fight!

I'm a huge DK fan, and K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer. I was so ecstatic when Diddy was revealed for Brawl (My favourite Nintendo character) so I'm hoping for a similar feeling here.

I've over hyped myself like crazy, but I BELIEVE. I HAVE FAITH.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

D

Deleted member

We may actually see a mass disconfirmation going on; whenever that is bosses, continuation of ATs, etc. If we see a series of boss reveals at E3 and K. Rool isn't one of them, that's a good sign for him.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
We may actually see a mass disconfirmation going on; whenever that is bosses, continuation of ATs, etc. If we see a series of boss reveals at E3 and K. Rool isn't one of them, that's a good sign for him.
I'm thinking this is going to be the case, as well, for the upcoming E3 event. I don't think it's going to be a genuine massacre like the Smash Direct was, but I think we're going to see a lot of surprises and deconfirms regardless.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm thinking this is going to be the case, as well, for the upcoming E3 event. I don't think it's going to be a genuine massacre like the Smash Direct was, but I think we're going to see a lot of surprises and deconfirms regardless.
I'm actually expecting one on par if not worse. It'll probably be enough to reveal the true deadline for the 3DS release and enough days to stretch out PotD from Wii U to keep people interested of course. Other than that, I'm expecting 90-95% AT/Boss reveals as well as couple stage discussions to either wow us or slay us. As a Ridley supporter I'm already expecting the worse but the King still has a proper chance to shine.

My main worry though: roster size and will it be because of the 3DS that it got reduced in comparison to the Wii U

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
My main worry though: roster size and will it be because of the 3DS that it got reduced in comparison to the Wii U
I wouldn't concern yourself with that. More technical characters like Ice Climbers clearly presented an issue, but I guarantee you they fixed that somehow. Brawl was 8 GB, and Subspace Emissary took up most of that. I think the actual legitimate game was something like 3 GB or so. Don't quote me on that.

Anyway, 3DS cartridges can hold up to 8 GB. That's pretty beefy, all things considered, and I expect Smash 3DS to be one of the beefiest games that the 3DS has to offer. At least about around 5-6 GB of content. I don't think the 3DS is as big of a restrictive factor as people think it is. Most of the technical hurdles probably came as a result of graphics and not really anything else important.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm actually expecting one on par if not worse. It'll probably be enough to reveal the true deadline for the 3DS release and enough days to stretch out PotD from Wii U to keep people interested of course. Other than that, I'm expecting 90-95% AT/Boss reveals as well as couple stage discussions to either wow us or slay us. As a Ridley supporter I'm already expecting the worse but the King still has a proper chance to shine.

Roster size isn't a problem, the 3ds can store as much data on its games as the wii (roughly, and thats what I heard) and brawl was mostly taken up by subspace emissary which isn't a thing here. If anything smash run will take up the most space, and not even as much as a SSE mode would have. I'm hoping for 50 characters at least, which gives about 15 extra slots from brawl. Though ti might be less than that, who knows
EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd a while ago. :(

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I wouldn't concern yourself with that. More technical characters like Ice Climbers clearly presented an issue, but I guarantee you they fixed that somehow. Brawl was 8 GB, and Subspace Emissary took up most of that. I think the actual legitimate game was something like 3 GB or so. Don't quote me on that.

Anyway, 3DS cartridges can hold up to 8 GB. That's pretty beefy, all things considered, and I expect Smash 3DS to be one of the beefiest games that the 3DS has to offer. At least about around 5-6 GB of content. I don't think the 3DS is as big of a restrictive factor as people think it is. Most of the technical hurdles probably came as a result of graphics and not really anything else important.
I do recall them saying something about the SSE being that large but yeah, the Wii was pretty weak. I do know the 3DS game cartridges can handle extreme conditions since my copy of Pokemon White 2 survived both the washer and dryer on full cycles lol.

My concern towards roster size is more/less just hoping it isn't trimmed just for the sakes of being trimmed. Such as cutting anybody if they had the time and space to include them yet I'm aware cuts are inevitable. Overall, let's hope for loads more people to join.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
My concern towards roster size is more/less just hoping it isn't trimmed just for the sakes of being trimmed. Such as cutting anybody if they had the time and space to include them yet I'm aware cuts are inevitable. Overall, let's hope for loads more people to join.
Oh. In that case, concern away.

Top Bottom