• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I have an even better idea. For those of you who've played Uprising, remember when Hades tore back the fake credits after Medusa's defeat? Let's take it a step further.

A similar situation happens at E3, where we see a few weird looking kredits before Hades rips them down while laughing evilly. But just before he can start a hammy speech, we hear a shot from behind and he tumbles offscreen, revealing K. Rool twirling his blunderbuss like a bad*** sporting the most devilish smirk.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Something funny I've noticed:

King K. Rool is fought on a pirate ship.

Kaptain K. Rool is fought on a high-tech airship.

Baron K. Roolenstein is fought in a medieval castle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Something funny I've noticed:

King K. Rool is fought on a pirate ship.

Kaptain K. Rool is fought on a high-tech airship.

Baron K. Roolenstein is fought in a medieval castle.
Yeah, that's pretty common knowledge. K. Rool switched things around quite a bit by looking like a king who would be in a castle, but was fought on a pirate ship. Then as a pirate he was in a high-tech airship instead of a pirate ship. Finally, as a mad scientist he's in a castle instead of something more techy like you'd expect.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
K. Roolenstein also had a submarine or something if you faced him again in the game's lost world after getting all the collectables. For some reason I liked that better than the castle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Roolenstein also had a submarine or something if you faced him again in the game's lost world after getting all the collectables. For some reason I liked that better than the castle.
And likewise Kaptain K. Rool fights you in some sort of temple in the Lost World, but either way the main final battle is the one we were referring to.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But I would **** my pants if the Kredits one actually came true.
I'm going to love being a Kutthroat if such a Kredits gag were actually pulled off. It'll be like we're all in on a massive inside joke that the general public will be completely oblivious about..."What the...why are the Kredits spelled that way?? Why are there Kredits to begin with??" And we'll just be sitting there, giddy with anticipation over what's about to be revealed.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
hey guys check out this new thread I posted. It involves several rumors which separately have made very similar yet irregular claims about ssb4's roster (including K. Rool) but that's not the irregular claim I'm talking about).

I'd post it here but I don't know if that's against the rules or whatever

http://smashboards.com/threads/andross-newcomer-as-star-fox-series-new-villian.357251/
Having a hard time believing these leaks. I'd be satisfied if they were true though.

Last edited:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Having a hard time believing these leaks. I'd be satisfied if they were true though.
So do you think it's just coincidence that two unconnected rumors are hinting towards the same character cast even though Andross is a complete curve ball?
I understand and respect your disinclination, but I find that a striking claim.

It's certainly something to talk about

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
I never trust leaks. Could easily be two people who know each other trying to get people's hopes up. Whether it is true or not is no skin off my back. Might as well wait until the actual roster is confirmed. Sakurai is keeping a pretty tight lid on the development of this game, so its unlikely most leaks are real.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I...actually noticed the connection between the two before while browsing that Tumblr account, but didn't bring it up because I've grown to dislike the "OMG LEAKS" mentality that takes over those threads.

I think it is something to talk about, but at the same time, to say nothing of Sal's leak, I think there's a higher chance of the same guy putting out two leaks or one guy piggybacking off of the other, rather than both of their (common) tall tales of "Oh, I'm angry, so here's the roster" and "My sick brother/friend/parent/relative got to play the game, here's info" being true.

Of course, it would bode well for K. Rool, but a desire to see K. Rool leaked should never cloud one's vision to the point where they choke down an obvious wishlist just for self-assurance.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I...actually noticed the connection between the two before while browsing that Tumblr account, but didn't bring it up because I've grown to dislike the "OMG LEAKS" mentality that takes over those threads.

I think it is something to talk about, but at the same time, to say nothing of Sal's leak, I think there's a higher chance of the same guy putting out two leaks or one guy piggybacking off of the other, rather than both of their (common) tall tales of "Oh, I'm angry, so here's the roster" and "My sick brother/friend/parent/relative got to play the game, here's info" being true.

Of course, it would bode well for K. Rool, but a desire to see K. Rool leaked should never cloud one's vision to the point where they choke down an obvious wishlist just for self-assurance.
I respect that. And I agree. Funny thing though is that I really didn't have any characters I really wanted in the game (I was happy with cutting transformations, ZSS, Peach's apparent buffs, Charizard and the overall faster speed of the game) but after reading these I became excited for these characters. I still hold a little skepticism, but the ingenuity in these rumors is there, and frankly I hope it's real. Baby Mario Bros as a new tag-team, Ridley, Poke Trainer him/herself, K. Rool, and Andross, etc

Welshy91

Smash Ace
i gave sakurai eleventy hundred billion dollers to put krool in teh game and i can say without hezitashun that he is in teh game.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm going to love being a Kutthroat if such a Kredits gag were actually pulled off. It'll be like we're all in on a massive inside joke that the general public will be completely oblivious about..."What the...why are the Kredits spelled that way?? Why are there Kredits to begin with??" And we'll just be sitting there, giddy with anticipation over what's about to be revealed.
This was my reaction the second the Little Mac trailer started. I hope the same would happen with K.Rool

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what I find most suspicious? We haven't seen a Donkey Kong stage yet.

Seems like a good thing to reveal with a certain King...as playable.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

Maybe Sakurai hasn't revealed one yet because it would be too obvious. Or at least I think it would be. When Mario Galaxy was revealed, people thought Rosalina was a possibility, but it wasn't obvious exactly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That is something I find odd. Its also notable that we haven't seen a Fire Emblem Wii U stage, either, and if its based on Radiant Dawn (the most logical conclusion), that would kinda hint at Ike being playable, so they never showed it off prior.

Same could be true about K. Rool. I think at least one version of the game will be based on Donkey Kong County Returns, but they may have decided to base one on Gangplank Galleon. That'd be epic.

Oh, I still think my favorite K. Rool theme is K. Rool Duel, though. My LEAST favorite is DK64's.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We haven't had any stages foreshadowing newcomers, except for the Boxing Ring, which was coated with a Smash logo instead to keep Little Mac hidden.

It was pretty obvious that we would have gotten a Mario Galaxy stage, with or without Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

I do find that interesting that we haven't heard about that yet. Not that it helps him, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious...

Steelia

Smash Champion

There was SSBM's Jungle Japes :p That's as close as we've gotten, I think. Crossing my fingers for K. Rool's ship as a future stage, always wanted to fight aboard that thing in Smash.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Did I mention that K. Rool's potential reveal is the ONLY reason I'm excited for the Smash portion of the digital event?

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Did I mention that K. Rool's potential reveal is the ONLY reason I'm excited for the Smash portion of the digital event?
I concur. I'm only really excited for the potential of getting one of my five desired newcomers; K. Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Robin and Sceptile/Grovyle. Other than a few stages and a potential Wii U exclusive gamemode announcement, I really don't see much comparing to the hype a K. Rool or Ridley trailer would produce.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing I feel K. Rool has in his favor is that he doesn't really have anything going against him, which is more than can be said about poor Ridley.
I don't really see what Ridley has against him. Other than supposedly Sakurai confirmed Ridley as a stage boss (which he didn't). I actually expect both, though not at E3.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Listen, the E3 reveals are going to be a flop. We're going to get 3 characters that no one wanted and we're just going to have to deal with it.

I set the bar low for these things, as to not get disappointed. I really hope I'm wrong though.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Listen, the E3 reveals are going to be a flop. We're going to get 3 characters that no one wanted and we're just going to have to deal with it.

I set the bar low for these things, as to not get disappointed. I really hope I'm wrong though.
Oh yeah, that's right. But! A guy can dream, ne?

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I don't really see what Ridley has against him. Other than supposedly Sakurai confirmed Ridley as a stage boss (which he didn't). I actually expect both, though not at E3.
Don't get me wrong I'm thinking Ridley's in as well, but being teased as a boss character is certainly something that is going against him, which K. Rool is lucky enough to not have.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Ridley's up in the air right now, despite the evidence against it, there is still the very real possibility that it still is a Boss. Best case scenario for me would be Ridley, Bandana Dee and K. Rool in, but I really would be surprised if we got all three, but not so much so if we just got two of the three.

--

Also, to be fair, I don't really care if I set my expectations too high for events like this. Doesn't really phase me if I'm wrong but makes me really happy if I'm right.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't get me wrong I'm thinking Ridley's in as well, but being teased as a boss character is certainly something that is going against him, which K. Rool is lucky enough to not have.
Yeah, I guess he does have something against him. Though some would argue what K. Rool has against him is lack of relevence in recent games. Yeah, like recency matters considering the fact that Ike's last game was 2007. K. Rool is relevant as he's always appeared as Donkey Kong's main antagonist until DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze.

I think E3's reveals will be big because they're saving the bigger reveals until closer to release. But I'm also cautiously optimistic.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Mega Man.

Sakurai's not stupid.
He knows what we want and what Smash needs.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I decided I'd post these here since I think they are great:

Drawn by Heroftime.
Hahaha, you found me! Thank you. I was going to post all three once I actually got to doing the third:

By the way, check out some of the post I've liked to see K. Rool related pictures other people have drawn all over Miiverse. Keep the hype going!

Regarding the topic at hand, I still feel hopeful about K. Rool. Remember everyone, Kremlings! Kremlings! Maybe the shock has worn off now, but remember the surprise we all probably had when we saw them in the Direct. They're here for a reason, I'm sure of it. Don't lose hope yet!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About the whole stage thing...

Kirby doesn't have a new one yet, either, so I wouldn't place TOO much emphasis on that. Star Fox, either.

I mean, as much as I want Bandana Dee... Unless the stage is literally Gangplank Galleon or the Flying Croc, don't put your hopes on the fact that DK doesn't have a new stage.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh my hopes aren't up because of that. I'm not even sure where my hopes are, it's just something I think is interesting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
About the whole stage thing...

Kirby doesn't have a new one yet, either, so I wouldn't place TOO much emphasis on that. Star Fox, either.

I mean, as much as I want Bandana Dee... Unless the stage is literally Gangplank Galleon or the Flying Croc, don't put your hopes on the fact that DK doesn't have a new stage.
I'm not pinning my hopes on it, I just thought it was strange we haven't seen a new DK stage yet.

Top Bottom