• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is exactly what I was thinking hours ago. It's possible they're trying to siphon as much cash from Rool as possible before the reveal.
But how would that work if they reveal the costume and him at the same time....i dunno about you but im just buying K.Rool..not the stupid costume aswell.....

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope this isn't a ploy by Nintendo to swing the ballot away from King K rool to someone more favorable. That seems unrealistic and petty, but strange thoughts are beginning to linger in my mind.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I dont wanna be a negative nancy even though i am i fully support K.Rool but guys...when i see litreally everything you lot are saying was said for Ridley too i mean it..

I just hear bargaining tbh...
Man...i wish we had something solid...ahh why does it have to be like this....this is seriously Ridley 2.0.

I just . . . . I dunno what to say....
If he gets revealed on friday as mad as i was yesterday i would be that much happy.

I was there for all the Bargaining and Optimisim you could ever imagine when the first pic of the Pyrosphere was revealed all the way to the Shadow ''Other Boss characters''

I heard it all and this is 100% Ridley 2.0.

I never wanted to be proven wrong so much before....

Atleast all we have to wait is 2moro and not the disguting toture amount of time we had between the Pyrosphere pic till the Shadow till 50 extravaganza. . . . .

Its just my opnion and i know i might be hated for it..but its RealTalk imo.
Here is the difference.

Ridley was teased as a boss role (an ACTIVE ROLE in the game), at a point where nothing could be done about it either way.

King K Rool has received a King K Kosplay, that is not an active role in the game preventing him from appearing further, and at a point where our ballot votes can still make a difference.

The two situations are not comparable; regardless of whether people want them to be.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, on the Namco Tangent, in the West they don't have anything as iconic as they already have ingame(as much as I love digdug), but in Japan, don't they codevelop that Robot mech Wars series with Nintendo that's relatively popular? I know it uses licensed stuff, but doesn't it have made for the game characters too? that could rate a rep(and I've been thinking we may get some DLC characters that are influenced by region)

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I just realized that maybe the costumes where pre-made and are done to be sent out in waves and that they haven't looked at the ballot yet, meaning if K Rool still wins he might get in.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still have trouble understanding how Nintendo could have solid results for the ballot yet. I mean I know it's possible, but it seems like the results would be absolutely useless if more votes are coming in as the results are being tallied.

I think it's just a matter of them knowing a character is popular, so they add them as a costume. This could help explain why K. Rool and Chrom were announced together. Chrom is a very popular character but I don't think he is/is going to be anywhere near the top of the Ballot. It also, probably, applies to Lloyd as well seeing as how he was a very popular character for the Namco rep pre-release.

Maybe, Sakurai/Nintendo is putting in popular characters as costumes for the sake of them being popular characters. I don't see Isaac being a costume because, although he IS extremely popular, he isn't a big hit name with people who don't know of Golden Sun. You COULD say this applies to K. Rool and Lloyd as well but, seeing as how they are from two very well known series', I don't think it applies.

So, what I'm trying to say is perhaps the results aren't tallied yet, which means having a popular character as a costume isn't the EndGame for the character. I highly doubt the costumes were made off of the ballot results. I mean, come on, do you really think Lloyd and Chrom were anywhere near the same popularity as K. Rool? I sure don't.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just realised I hadn't thrown in my commiserations to the Kutthroats.

Don't worry, no matter what happens at least this ballot's gotten K. Rool noticed by Nintendo again, and that can only mean good things for the future of the character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There is a very big difference between teasing a veteran character with a partial costume included in the base game, and charging a premium for a costume of one of the most widely requested newcomers before announcing the actual newcomer.
Guy is saying the truth..imo...it is similar but at the same time...a different ball game imo...

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I still have trouble understanding how Nintendo could have solid results for the ballot yet. I mean I know it's possible, but it seems like the results would be absolutely useless if more votes are coming in as the results are being tallied..
Real elections are frequently "called" long, long before the last vote comes, and they're pretty much always right.
Unless a new game releases or fans of a certain character start turning up a really hard campaign, there just isn't much reason for the numbers to change that much. With the number of votes that have already been cast, Nintendo should have a pretty darn good idea who the big names are by now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized that maybe the costumes where pre-made and are done to be sent out in waves and that they haven't looked at the ballot yet, meaning if K Rool still wins he might get in.
For me

That

And the old king k rool design for the mii costumes.

And the king k rool design of 2007 is the playable design.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Real elections are frequently "called" long, long before the last vote comes, and they're pretty much always right.
Unless a new game releases or fans of a certain character start turning up a really hard campaign, there just isn't much reason for the numbers to change that much. With the number of votes that have already been cast, Nintendo should have a pretty darn good idea who the big names are by now.
Which is why the lot us sending in votes to let them know we want a playable fighter, not a Mii costume, is more liable to be noticed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Which is why King K Rool needs to be a character in this game, I know the internet is flawed but every poll estimation I have ever seen puts the king on top. If he doesn't win the ballot then who?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And ofcoarse

Atleast the next 3 costumes is not wolf nor isaac

That would have made the fighting go on even more if that happened

But i feel bad for llyod fans because unlike king k rool i think llyod is a much safer bet that hes not getting in as playable and only suit.

(Llyod is 3rd party for namco and king k rool is not 3rd party and he has a effile tower height sized more votes than llyod.)

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Honestly, it really does feel like that.

Full disclosure: I don't want Dixie, but I recognize a lot do.

They planned Dixie back in Brawl, most likely as a Diddy tag team, so they have the makings of a moveset for her. It really seems similar to Roy - I don't think he was decloned for SSB4, I think that we're finally seeing the moveset that was planned for Brawl but got cut. That means that if they wanted Dixie DLC, they already have her moves and just need to implement it. I think the idea of K.Rool on the ballot though caught them all off guard, but since they already had Dixie in development, they weren't going to discard what they had. It seems like one of 'rules' we made up of "only one DLC per franchise" seems viable, and they already picked the DK one. Plus, none of the other Mii costumes make me think K.Rool is anything but a consolation prize.

sigh...Here's hoping that the Ballot can still mean something.

Sorry if this comes off harsh - I'm trying carefully not to bash Dixie, but this seems like a really plausible circumstance. Which, if it's true, means congratulations to Dixie's supporters.
Any particular reason you would be actively against Dixie? I understand not caring either way, but I don't really get actively not wanting a character (unless I guess you are assuming she would be a clone?).

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree that it is reasonable to assume one DLC character per franchise. We really don't know how the decision process works. My guess is honestly that K. Rool is still quite likely. However I don't think that he will come out soon, as there are likely other characters who have priority or who were simply planned in earlier stages. Adding a costume can just as easily be Sakurai throwing us a bone in the mean time.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Despite popular belief, though, the top spot on the ballot is likely quite contested. Despite the support threads on here being dramatically in K. Rools favor, the Wolf support across the internet is most likely even stronger.

We don't even know how Nintendo is handling the ballot. Who's to say they aren't waiting till October 3rd to see who won?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Despite popular belief, though, the top spot on the ballot is likely quite contested. Despite the support threads on here being dramatically in K. Rools favor, the Wolf support across the internet is most likely even stronger.

We don't even know how Nintendo is handling the ballot. Who's to say they aren't waiting till October 3rd to see who won?
The top spot yes; but there will be at least a couple of fighters based on translations of Sakurai. K Rool might not beat Wolf but he's surely still one of the highest and still in with a good shot.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Well I personally think that the costume is a tease, the costume clearly is the rare design which was over 10 years ago. We all know that the "new" King K Rool has different looks like a orange belly, a tinier crown and a lighter shade of green.
I just hope that I'm right xD

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
On one hand, when I see people say that the Chrom costume means Chrom is done, or the Lloyd Costume meaning Lloyd is done, I have to question why people are so confident that K.Rool shouldn't be viewed the same way. I think it's interesting.

I support K.Rool. I don't think this disconfirms him. But at the very least don't be high and mighty about anything. Nobody could possibly know what this means. Wait and see scenario imo.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The roster in general seriously lacks villains.
Part of the reason I want K.Rool to be in so badly is because he fills in so many areas of the game that feel neglected.
There is a lack of heavyweights, villains, and Donkey Kong representation. K.Rool is all three of these things.
Heavyweight
Villian
DK Rep
Plus a new playstyle.
His grand return to gaming

So many birds killed with one stone

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Chrom was deconfirmed by the man itself and even if he wasn't he's still an NPC(Robin's final smash).
Lloyd is third party; if he was Nintendo he would still have a shot like K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
On one hand, when I see people say that the Chrom costume means Chrom is done, or the Lloyd Costume meaning Lloyd is done, I have to question why people are so confident that K.Rool shouldn't be viewed the same way. I think it's interesting.

I support K.Rool. I don't think this disconfirms him. But at the very least don't be high and mighty about anything. Nobody could possibly know what this means. Wait and see scenario imo.
These are totally different circumstances. Lloyd is a third-party, not a major character. Lloyd was done long before the costume ever came up, especially since he wasn't nearly as highly requested and Sakurai would've picked Heihachi long before Lloyd. Chrom was done long before the costume ever came up by Sakurai himself. The costume was just icing on the cake.

K. Rool and Inklings are the main costumes that are still viable, as they don't have any roles in game barring trophies.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I just don't know what to think anymore. This could very well be our last stand. If it turns out tomorrow the costumes are not ballot related, we could be fine, but we'll wait and see.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Chrom's done because he's Robin's final Smash.

Lloyd isn't technically done, but we don't expect Sakurai to make him a move set.

King K. Rool isn't done by the same logic, but we still think that Sakurai will give him a full playable role.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Lloyd isn't technically done, but we don't expect Sakurai to make him a move set.

King K. Rool isn't done by the same logic, but we still think that Sakurai will give him a full playable role.
Not everyone here thinks that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Chrom was already deconfirmed by sakurai (which is how characters get deconfirmed by the man himself)

Lloyd is 3rd party and we got 4 already and sakurai said hes not going overkill with 3rd partys ryu may be the last 3rd party added (well maybe snake will get in if voted for enough)

But king k rool

Hes way to voted for in the ballot sakurai clearly knows hes the most voted for

Number 2 the costume is his old design

Which is this

The playable king k rool design would probably be this one.

And plus this could be simular to that meta knight gag he did and the zero suit samus gag as well

Hes a troll sometimes

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
These are totally different circumstances. Lloyd is a third-party, not a major character. Lloyd was done long before the costume ever came up, especially since he wasn't nearly as highly requested and Sakurai would've picked Heihachi long before Lloyd. Chrom was done long before the costume ever came up by Sakurai himself. The costume was just icing on the cake.

K. Rool and Inklings are the main costumes that are still viable, as they don't have any roles in game barring trophies.

Alright, these make sense.

I would still be careful with expectations. I myself don't think this ruins anything. But I DO however think that us fans need to be careful. I don't want to come across as a detractor (I've never played DKC, but I have played 64). I like the character, and I think he's got more than enough reason to be in.

Again though, lets be real. Let's be honest with ourselves if things get worse. Sure, the costume doesn't disconfirm him. But don't turn into Ridley fans post-Pyrosphere. There was big fat denial everywhere. I was a part of that, and a part of the denial, so I know now when the writing is on the wall.

Also, side note, but the ballot isn't a "most votes gets you in". It's a suggestion ballot. Just because you get the most votes doesn't mean you get in automatically.

EDIT: The design argument...I think that's negligible. I don't think that has any real bearing. It is what it is.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Chrom was already deconfirmed by sakurai (which is how characters get deconfirmed by the man himself)

Lloyd is 3rd party and we got 4 already and sakurai said hes not going overkill with 3rd partys ryu may be the last 3rd party added (well maybe snake will get in if voted for enough)

But king k rool

Hes way to voted for in the ballot sakurai clearly knows hes the most voted for

Number 2 the costume is his old design

Which is this

The playable king k rool design would probably be this one.

And plus this could be simular to that meta knight gag he did and the zero suit samus gag as well

Hes a troll sometimes
If anything, the playable one would be his Rare design at this point.

I would still be careful with expectations. I myself don't think this ruins anything. But I DO however think that us fans need to be careful. I don't want to come across as a detractor (I've never played DKC, but I have played 64). I like the character, and I think he's got more than enough reason to be in.

Again though, lets be real. Let's be honest with ourselves if things get worse. Sure, the costume doesn't disconfirm him. But don't turn into Ridley fans post-Pyrosphere. There was big fat denial everywhere. I was a part of that, and a part of the denial, so I know now when the writing is on the wall.

Also, side note, but the ballot isn't a "most votes gets you in". It's a suggestion ballot. Just because you get the most votes doesn't mean you get in automatically.
"Getting in automatically" won't happen, but odds are extremely slim they'd ignore a character with nothing barring them entrance into the game. I don't expect every single character to get in regardless of who the top most wanted are, but if the top most wanted are Nintendo owned characters, yes, I would expect them to get in. I think its a ridiculous notion that they wouldn't do that.

"Worse comes to worse", K. Rool is back. Not the ideal role in Smash, but he's back in the Nintendo scene and he'll be back in future DK games and maybe future Nintendo crossovers.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie but you may have stumbled upon something big here and i know this is just wishful thinking, but look at the mii that was chosen, he has the HIGHER global smash power. Now what if, they chose that mii to show that King K Rool has the highest amount of votes in the smash ballot. I know its a long shot but i know Sakurai likes to troll and i would actually laugh if there was a direct and he starts showing off the mii costumes and King K Rool shows up and he says, "Now you may not remember this mii, but he was used before showing he had a high global smash power, we used him because the costume he is in also has a very high score in something........The Smash Ballot" then it goes to a trailer for the King
If that happened my my orgasm would kill me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, as much as it's been hammered home to us that "K. Rool had no chance for the main game because of relevance and this ballot was his only chance at getting in, ever," remember that Sakurai did talk about planned characters who became lower priority because of a lack of new appearance. That could've been just Lucas and Wolf as veterans, but it also could've been characters like K. Rool or Isaac, planned but scrapped early. Maybe that's where this model is coming from...modern scrapped data.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Alright! Tin foil hat time everybody! What if the Mii costumes are actually selling very well and making lots of money. So they decide that it would be a good idea to make a K. Rool costume because he is ranking very high in the ballot. Not only that but they take the costume from a model they already have in development? Makes sense to a crazy guy like me.

Tin foil hat time over now. Pardon me if this was brought up in the multitude of pages I merely skimmed over, does anybody know how the Japanese fans are reacting to the news?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I doubted buying the Mii before, but everyone needs to buy it. It's still a lose-lose situation, don't buy it and they think he'll sell poorly, buy it and they might think we are satisfied with it. I'd rather go with the latter, because it has the power to convince them to make him a fighter.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not everyone here thinks that.
'We' doesn't automatically mean everyone.

EDIT: The design argument...I think that's negligible. I don't think that has any real bearing. It is what it is.
Can I get this posted on the front page of Smash boards?

And, you're right. Anything but what speculation turned into from the Smash Direct to Robin's Reveal.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Come what may, I'm ready.
Tbh nothing could piss me of more than what has already happened so either good happens or things stay the same as they are now which is no K.Rool and only K.Rool costume.

I only wanted Ridley and K.Rool, Mewtwo anyway.

So uh yh...

If Kamek gets revealed dough !! :)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If anything, the playable one would be his Rare design at this point.
Yes the rare design is cooler but knowning nintendo they are going to use the modern design

But smashified had a pretty good prespective of what they would do

A mix of both retro and today king k rool

Add a tail ofcoarse.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Honestly, to me, this day has been the opposite of nerve-racking. It made me realize that I actually truly, deeply, care about whether or not King K. Rool is in the game. I suppose it sort of reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the character.

But yeah, good night.
GO TO HELL YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT RIDLEY !!

im ok....

Lol...

How would fans of different ages react to K. Rool trailer:

Young fan:
*Gets hyped*
*Asks money from parents/asks parents to buy it*
*Rages because parents don't give money/refuse to buy it*

Teen/adolescent fan:
*Gets hyped*
*Tries to get into eShop*
*Rages because eShop is inaccesible due to everybody trying to get there*

Middle-aged fan:
*Gets hyped*
*Looks at the release date*
*Rages because he/she has to be in work when K. Rool is released*

Old fan:
*Gets hyped*
*Suffers a heart attack*
*Rages because playing Smash is not allowed in hospital*

Notice the similarities? :troll:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Sincerely, I just want K Rool, he's my number 1 top wanted newcomer since ages ago, he's the sole reason I keep digging into this madness of bitter speculation, and no costume for the obnoxious Miis I've hated since the Wii days is going to make up for all that. Either I get a fighter K Rool or I'd rather no K Rool at all. He doesn't deserve this humiliation.

Unfortunately, I really feel like Sakurai does think a costume is enough retribution to all of our efforts. I already submitted 3 votes again asking for his appearance as a fighter, but I'm not too optimistic about this...

Stupid costumes anyway, I can't really see the value of playing as a Mii dressed up as a character I'd want to play as.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am starting to wonder, was the K. Rool Costume preplanned or made recently? I know the latter is more likely, but still...

Top Bottom