• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not too surprised to see Lloyd. He was a highly requested third-party from Namco.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
"Today's introduction is up to here.
However, Mii Fighter costume to be added, there still.
Stay tuned for updates of tomorrow July 31 AM!"
THEY'RE SHOWING EVEN MORE TOMORROW
HOW MUCH DO THEY WANT US TO STRUGGLE
THE WILD RIDE NEVER ENDS

Edit: Also, there are STILL MORE coming? What is with this blitzkrieg of Mii Outfits!?

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Hmm. Maybe K. Rool was planned as a mii outfit before the ballot was underway. I'm not seeing a coherent pattern behind the choices.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Okay...
We cannot be at the same level at that bear.
We will have a playable character, relax...
I mean... we cannot accept Nintendo cared about K.Rool as much as... a bear gunner...
Right ?:sadeyes:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Other than them thinking creepy fursuits are asked for. Maybe they thought K. Rool was just in line...

f***

Friday can't come soon enough.

Still no update to the official website.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't think Friday will be the test of anything. You would think if they were announcing a full character, they would have told us by now. I'm starting to think we will actually not see a ballot character until the ballot actually ends.

cothero

Smash Lord
Ahahahaha Lloyd Irwing fans must be upset now, JUST LIKE US YESTERDAY! :mad:
Now i'm 100% convinced this Mii costume thing is a full deconfirmation. Goddamnit.

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I'm remaining hopeful. Because really... it just seems so odd to be all we get, considering how much he seemed to be longed for.

Anyways, is late, time for me to turn in too. Hope there is some good info tomorrow.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Now i'm 100% convinced that this Mii costume thing is a full deconfirmation. Goddamnit.
Not really, I mean these are third party characters. Chrom was already deconfirmed. Inkling costumes were planned before Splatoon's release therefore could not gauge popularity of the game. Its a blow thats it.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
The costumes look nice, but ultimately don't help us at figuring out what's going on with King K. Rool. Lloyd is third-party, while the Flying Man is already a stage hazard.

That bear costume really killed Brash's chances.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Bear suits don't mean much. They released other suits before way back when. Also, Lloyd is yet another character from a third-party... who ALREADY has a character in the game. Further indicating how unlikely it is for any new third-parties to get in (also, Lloyd was the only highly requested Namco character left).

Keep in mind, Inklings and K. Rool were topping the online polls, alongside the likes of third-parties and Indie's.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Now i'm 100% convinced this Mii costume thing is a full deconfirmation. Goddamnit.
I'm both happy and sad at the same time but not as much as K. Rool. Lloyd was a character I thought wouldn't get any represention for his series, so a Mii costume is OK to me.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
King K. Rool mii fighter outfit

Followed by a -flying man- outfit.

Not sure how a minor creature from the Mother series and a stage hazard is on the same level as K. Rool. I still have hope for K. Rool as a fully fledged fighter.

...maybe.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Either this is Winnie the Pooh or Rare Bare
I'm gonna say it's Rare Bare

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Where's the Brash table bashing gif to reflect Brash's reaction to being deconfirmed as a playable character.

It's NOT a good week for Rarenimals.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I swear to god, if this is the only thing we will get of KKR and the DK-Franchise in general, a freaking Mii costume, I'm done with the whole SSB Series. Sorry, I'm done! How much longer do we have to wait for a character that should have be all ready in Melee?

I'm sorry, to say that but Sakurai can not just do this to us. If KKR can not get in for good and also the Inklings can not get in either, who the hell than? I mean their is really not much left and Nintendo Fans do not really think outside the box and will probbalby choose something unoriginal like Daisy as a Peach clone, or another Pokémon or some other minor character of the Mario franchise because they can not come up with something more original.

Also If KKR and the Inklings are now out of the picture, who the **** can win the ballot now? Those are the only characters I could see winning the ballot.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah. I think it's pretty clear that these mii costumes don't mean much. As for K. Rool, it just seems to solidify that the developers did not have plans for the character themselves (besides the costume). People think that the costume is apparently sourced from ballot popularity, but K. Rool was actually up there with Palutena, Little Mac, etc. in popularity before the game was released. There could also be other reasons for including the character.

I dunno. I think this is much less of a deal breaker than I initially thought yesterday. The ballot has not finished and there is still time to left an impact. In fact, we already have. Now just to finish our journey.

cothero

Smash Lord
Guys, think. Lloyd being a Mii outfit says it all. They know the majority of the characters represented in the last batch of costumes (Zero, Mega Man X, Mega Man.exe, Inklings and now K. Rool and Lloyd) are highly requested among fans. This is the way they found to say "hey, we appreciate your support, but this character do not deserves a spot as a fully playable character". I'm not telling you guys to lose hope, but i learned the lesson.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I swear to god, if this is the only thing we will get of KKR and the DK-Franchise in general, a freaking Mii costume, I'm done with the whole SSB Series. Sorry, I'm done! How much longer do we have to wait for a character that should have be all ready in Melee.
I'm sorry, to say that but Sakurai can not just do this to us. If KKR can not get in know and also the Inklings can not get in either, who than? I mean their is really not much left and Nintendo Fans do not really to think outside the box and will probbalby choose sometging unoriginal like Daisy as a Peach clone, or another Pokémon or some other minor character of the Mario franchise because they can not come up with something mor oriogonal.

Also If KKR and the Inklings are now out of the picture, who the **** can win the ballot now. Those are the only characters I could see winning the ballot.
you really need to calm down.It's is just a video game it's been a whole day now just accept the costume and find another solution.If you cant get King k rool get Kaptain k rool or Baron K rool.But really no need to get so bitter

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's... calm down everyone...

We're just as in the dark as we were before.

So let's not get to upset just yet.

Guys, think. Lloyd being a Mii outfit says it all. They know the majority of the characters represented in the last batch of costumes (Zero, Mega Man X, Mega Man.exe, Inklings and now K. Rool and Lloyd) are highly requested among fans. This is the way they found to say "hey, we appreciate your support, but this character do not deserves a spot as a fully playable character". I'm not telling you guys to lose hope, but i learned the lesson.
Wait...

Zero, Mega Man.exe and Lloyd were only mildly popular.

Inkling and K.Rool were the only ones with any sizable support.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This still means K. Rool's a special case in being highly requested (Chrom had votes and so did Lloyd, but not anywhere near Snake/Wolf/K.Rool/Isaac level) with a new model.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This still means K. Rool's a special case in being highly requested (Chrom had votes and so did Lloyd, but not anywhere near Snake/Wolf/K.Rool/Isaac level) with a new model.
I honestly haven't seen Lloyd getting a lot of votes anywhere.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Since when was X, Megaman.exe, and Lloyd highly requested? Lloyd maybe but the Mega Man people wanted was the original, AND WE ****ING GOT HIM.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
you really need to calm down.It's is just a video game it's been a whole day now just accept the costume and find another solution.If you cant get King k rool get Kaptain k rool or Baron K rool.But really no need to get so bitter
Oh please... why would Sakurai choose Kaptain K. Rool or Baron K. Roolenstein? They do not even now that those two are alter egos from KKR. The ythink that they are brothers or something like that.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I swear to god, if this is the only thing we will get of KKR and the DK-Franchise in general, a freaking Mii costume, I'm done with the whole SSB Series. Sorry, I'm done! How much longer do we have to wait for a character that should have be all ready in Melee.
I'm sorry, to say that but Sakurai can not just do this to us. If KKR can not get in know and also the Inklings can not get in either, who than? I mean their is really not much left and Nintendo Fans do not really to think outside the box and will probbalby choose sometging unoriginal like Daisy as a Peach clone, or another Pokémon or some other minor character of the Mario franchise because they can not come up with something mor oriogonal.

Also If KKR and the Inklings are now out of the picture, who the **** can win the ballot now. Those are the only characters I could see winning the ballot.
But that's another reason that I think these mii fighter choices are being blown out of proportion.
Inklings and K.Rool are major characters in the ballot. The question of "if not them, then who" is actually pretty powerful. Because while other candidates may be strong in their own right, they surely succumb to the weaknesses these two characters supposedly have. Not to mention that again, the ballot is not over yet.

Don't think so. As far as I can recall, only Inkling and K.Rool have major ballot support.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
2 of these costumes were already in-game in some form. Chrom is Robin's Final Smash and Flying Man is a stage hazard. Aside from the non-character generic costumes, only Lloyd and K. Rool are new, and Lloyd's third party like Akira/Heihachi etc and K. Rool is a supporting character from an existing franchise, like Dunban.

It still doesn't mean anything. There's no connection between the poll and the costumes. I can't imagine a bunch of Virtua Fighter characters being so popular that they had to get costumes, for instance :V

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah. I think it's pretty clear that these mii costumes don't mean much. As for K. Rool, it just seems to solidify that the developers did not have plans for the character themselves (besides the costume). People think that the costume is apparently sourced from ballot popularity, but K. Rool was actually up there with Palutena, Little Mac, etc. in popularity before the game was released. There could also be other reasons for including the character.

I dunno. I think this is much less of a deal breaker than I initially thought yesterday. The ballot has not finished and there is still time to left an impact. In fact, we already have. Now just to finish our journey.
Here's the problems I'm seeing.

1.) Assuming the ballot does not get taken into consideration at all until it actually ends. Any ballot characters will not come out for MONTHS. That also would make it even LONGER for third-parties, who have to go through licensing.

2.) If third-parties will take so long as DLC, I don't think they'll be considered at all. If Mii costumes also deconfirm characters, that also rules out two of the most highly requested characters, K. Rool and Inklings.

3.) Lloyd Irving is also yet another character only from a company that's already got a playable character in the game. Meaning, once again, no new contract, even furthering this notion.

Since when was X, Megaman.exe, and Lloyd highly requested? Lloyd maybe but the Mega Man people wanted was the original, AND WE ****ING GOT HIM.
Lloyd was highly requested, at least, from what I'd seen. Before release I saw tons of people asking for either Pac-Man or Lloyd from Capcom. After Pac-Man's announcement, Lloyd's support dropped to almost nothing. Ditto for Ryu. At the same time, Lloyd's support didn't really come back after Ryu's announcement, and even then, Lloyd wasn't nearly as highly requested as Pac-Man.

But that's another reason that I think these mii fighter choices are being blown out of proportion.
Inklings and K.Rool are major characters in the ballot. The question of "if not them, then who" is actually pretty powerful. Because while other candidates may be strong in their own right, they surely succumb to the weaknesses these two characters supposedly have. Not to mention that again, the ballot is not over yet.

Don't think so. As far as I can recall, only Inkling and K.Rool have major ballot support.
Inklings and K. Rool are definitely the only characters so far with a lot of ballot support. I do agree about the "If not them, then who" statement. In fact, I'm starting to think that Isaac is less likely if he doesn't get a costume.

2 of these costumes were already in-game in some form. Chrom is Robin's Final Smash and Flying Man is a stage hazard. Aside from the non-character generic costumes, only Lloyd and K. Rool are new, and Lloyd's third party like Akira/Heihachi etc and K. Rool is a supporting character from an existing franchise, like Dunban.

It still doesn't mean anything. There's no connection between the poll and the costumes. I can't imagine a bunch of Virtua Fighter characters being so popular that they had to get costumes, for instance :V
They were added so they could represent several fighting games in Smash alongside Ryu. That's also the only time they mentioned Mii fighters as representation... so perhaps that was just a special case.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
AH MAN WHAT THE FRACK

I WANTED LLOYD... AFTER K. ROOL. DAMNIT ALL.

Well there was only three I wanted.

1) K. Rool
2) Lloyd
3) Isaac....

Sorry Isaac fans. It's all over for him tomorrow. You have me to blame.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Lloyd was highly requested, at least, from what I'd seen. Before release I saw tons of people asking for either Pac-Man or Lloyd from Capcom. After Pac-Man's announcement, Lloyd's support dropped to almost nothing. Ditto for Ryu. At the same time, Lloyd's support didn't really come back after Ryu's announcement, and even then, Lloyd wasn't nearly as highly requested as Pac-Man.
I said maybe Lloyd. I knew he had a significant amount of support before Pac Man's reveal, just didn't know if it was huge.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Resend your votes. We asked for a playable Bear, not a Mii costume!
Well there's still one Rare Bear in the running
It isn't Rare Bare
But an Instrument will do
As long as it isn't in a LEGO Car

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I said maybe Lloyd. I knew he had a significant amount of support before Pac Man's reveal, just didn't know if it was huge.
I don't know if it was that huge.

AH MAN WHAT THE FRACK

I WANTED LLOYD... AFTER K. ROOL. DAMNIT ALL.

Well there was only three I wanted.

1) K. Rool
2) Lloyd
3) Isaac....

Sorry Isaac fans. It's all over for him tomorrow. You have me to blame.
I'm almost expecting it at this point.

Top Bottom