• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Where does your icon come from anyway?
It's pretty :4pacman:
I commissioned it from an artist. I'd link, but they tend to do NSFW-ish stuff too, sooooooo :drshrug:

On another note, I completely agree with folks being quite... calm around here. Understandable outbursts... but really rather decently peaceful.

I suppose good villians, like our fine crocodile, always wait til the end to let their annoyance get the best of 'em.

On another note, thank ya'll for the welcoming. I saw people getting that video too, and I will say it's bloody perfect use of that guilty pleasure of a cartoon.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
What if the Mii costume is just there to get the Rare-design into smash, while the actual character will look like the Paon one?

I am still keeping my hopes up, people.

#Wearethekrocs

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm a little tired of the same comments over, over and over again.
With nearly 100 people viewing non stop in this thread, everyone's going to leave a comment, and you'll expect some overlap. Best to step back from this thread until new information comes out, I imagine we're going to keep getting this cycle over the next few days.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I sort of feared something like this would happen. I think they've seen his popularity, but the designers couldn't come up with a moveset for him, or maybe couldn't animate him properly due to his physiology or something like that. So they acknowledge his popularity with a costume.

I akways felt Sakurai liked Dixie more, because she was planned for Brawl and her trophy got an ability in Smash Tour. That doesn't mean I think she'll be DLC now though

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
It's been a while since iv posted here,I heard about the costume today was shocked it looks cool but I hope this also means he's playable. I'm hopeing for the best for you all!!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I just thought of something, what do all the DLC characters have in common? They are all fighter with a preexisting moveset.

Sakurai said that his team has diminished greatly after the game's release. So perhaps his team might only be capable of making a fighter that already comes with a premade moveset.

K. Rool would require him to come up with a brand new moveset... Perhaps that is more work for a character than he wants right now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I fell asleep in the keyboard for a while, but I'm still here... it's 3AM here for me. I don't even know if it's worth of waiting.. @~@

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I just thought of something, what do all the DLC characters have in common? They are all fighter with a preexisting moveset.

Sakurai said that his team has diminished greatly after the game's release. So perhaps his team might only be capable of making a fighter that already comes with a premade moveset.

K. Rool would require him to come up with a brand new moveset... Perhaps that is more work for a character than he wants right now.
Then he should bloody specify what makes a character "valid" for being included as a character, no excuses! This whole ballot thing has been needlessly vague and confusing

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Except Ryu, who they put an unprecedented amount of effort into, even so far as giving him classic fighter based inputs.

I don't think Sakurai would be this enthusiastic about fan service but reassuring he can only do a couple more characters if he literally has no way to actually crank out anything more than veterans and mii outfits.

Edit: Officially 23 hours since the last update. I don't know if they have exact timing for these releases or not but we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to relate us to Operation Rainfall. If they managed to get Xenoblade localized out of sheer fan demand, then we can manage to get a true King K. Rool playable in smash, even if Sakurai says nothing about him in the next direct. Are we going to do less than fans of some generic anime swordsman? (Ahah jk, Xenoblade looks pretty cool to me, I hope to get a chance to play it someday)

This is the text I submitted on the Smash Ballot btw.
He's one of the most beloved characters not already in the game. He has lots of personality and moveset potential. For example, he could focus a lot on projectiles and traps, while being not very good at melee combat, differentiating him from the other heavyweights. Our King would ultimately make a lot of people very happy, which is what this poll is about, after all.
I'm well aware that he's already a
Mii costume, and not gonna lie, it looks amazing, but IT ISN'T ENOUGH for one of Nintendo's best villains. It would be like having Bowser, Ganondorf or King Dedede as mere Mii outfits
If you are reading this and have a social media page, please ask to your followers to #krocthevote with us, it would help a lot. Thanks

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd like to relate us to Operation Rainfall. If they managed to get Xenoblade localized out of sheer fan demand, then we can manage to get a true King K. Rool playable in smash, even if Sakurai says nothing about him in the next direct. Are we going to do less than fans of some generic anime swordsman? (Ahah jk, Xenoblade looks pretty cool to me, I hope to get a chance to play it someday)
Nintendo said that Operation Rainfall had nothing to do with the localization of Xenoblade Chronicles (bs). Also Rainfall was more than Xenoblade. The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were also localized because of it.

Also guys, I gotz dem new avatars! Thought this one should be Swampert related since he is my favorite Pokemon. Do you guys like?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Except Ryu, who they put an unprecedented amount of effort into, even so far as giving him classic fighter based inputs.
No. Ryu is using a preexisting moveset from Street Fighter. All of his moves and animations are pulled from there. K. Rool on the other-hand would need to have a bunch of moves made up for him. And I don't mean his specials that would probably be pulled from the games. I mean his tilts, his grabs, everything.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
No. Ryu is using a preexisting moveset from Street Fighter. All of his moves and animations are pulled from there. K. Rool on the other-hand would need to have a bunch of moves made up for him. And I don't mean his specials that would probably be pulled from the games. I mean his tilts, his grabs, everything.
But it's not like he just put SF onto his computer and copied the files from that game and pasted them into Smash. They still had to take time to code them. K. Rool just requires a little bit more creativity, and because it's DLC they have much more time on their hands instead of having to also make a full game and have it ready by a set deadline.

There's no excuse beyond technical reasons, which I doubt for any character who's name isn't Ridley or Ice Climbers

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I dunno what I'm waiting... they'll probably show just one more generic shirt for Miis, maybe a Mega Man Volnutt costume... and the Dr. Mario stage.; I'm just worried about seeing other costume from a non-existing model (as supposed K. Rool is).
but zzzzz...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I dunno what I'm waiting... they'll probably show just one more generic shirt for Miis, maybe a Mega Man Volnutt costume... and the Dr. Mario stage.; I'm just worried about seeing other costume from a non-existing model (as supposed K. Rool is).
but zzzzz...
Don't be like me and let it deprive you of sleep. Your well being is more important than K. Rool, as upset as we all are to see him as a Costume.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Don't be like me and let it deprive you of sleep. Your well being is more important than K. Rool, as upset as we all are to see him as a Costume.
I'm not that bothered by the Mii Costume we have, since (I explained earlier) I still have expectation for the King become playable. But maybe you're right... deprive myself of some sleep isn't worth... I'm literally typing like a zombie. And for me it's harder, because I need to concentrate to write in english (not my language)..

well then, hold your faith Kremlings; it's not over.
good night.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the DLC development team is as small as most seem to believe. They've basically developed 4 characters, one of which being extremely complex, and 3 stages at once. I don't know about you, but I won't buy "limited resources" as an excuse for K. Rool absence, unless it's given detailed explanation.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
They are not going to half (censored) this on me... Especially since I had to sit through a couple games where in development they said "eff your crocodiles"! ...

If it's ANY consolation, I'd say this would be a set back to the relevance argument, as this shows that he is pretty well known and popular... DESPITE being constantly and blatantly ignored by the recent games in his series. I mean, you aren't seeing this kind of stuff done for the likes of Nigtmare Wizard, Vaati, or Tatanga...

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
We're doing fine so far, just the Youtube function and a Bear Suit costume.

EDIT: Birdman from Magicant as a costume!

EDIT #2: Uh oh, Lloyd Irving's is a new costume. Probably nothing since it's 3rd Party though.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Flying man costume

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Dat Flying Man. Lovin' it. I can have my sweet revenge from the stupid things killing me in Magicant.

But dang though. These are looking pretty nifty. Lloyd is unexpected...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
That drifloon emote is fitting.
Nothing more today.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Heihachi and the Virtua Fighter guys were also 3rd Party and had no roles in Smash before. Lloyd doesn't change the argument.

Sorry to those who wanted him. Honestly, when I saw Mega Man's silhouette in his trailer, I thought it was Lloyd instead due to the hair.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"Today's introduction is up to here.
However, Mii Fighter costume to be added, there still.
Stay tuned for updates of tomorrow July 31 AM!"
THEY'RE SHOWING EVEN MORE TOMORROW
HOW MUCH DO THEY WANT US TO STRUGGLE

Last edited:

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
So I have Tales of Symphonia sitting on my self and haven't touched it in years. I really should playing it some more because that Lloyd costume is really cool looking. So the newest tweet says more to come tomorrow, here's hoping for a character, night guys.

Top Bottom