• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Sorry to be late on this, but what exactly is his "PAON" design and how does it differ from the others?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No kidding. He got punched into the stratosphere, fell down a huge cliffside on his head multiple times, and got attacked by sharks.

All this publicity is nice, but we shouldn't get complacent. Gotta keep rallying.
Yeah. No matter what happens, we've held together this long and we're in the home stretch! Gotta keep rallying votes for the King and use this all this spirit to push forward! We're a big ****ing Krocnado right now! The Kremling Kutthroats never give up! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and I'm feeling pumped as ****.

StormC

Smash Hero
The eye is also more significantly bloodshot.

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and I'm feeling pumped as ****.
THAT'S SUPER SMASH BROS.!
THAT'S DONKEY KONG COUNTRY!
MY VOTE IS THE VOTE THAT WILL CEMENT K. ROOL AS A SHOE-IN!

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I have a question. If K. Rool got in, would you guys be fine with the same VA he had in Sluggers?
I'd be completely fine with the Sluggers voice, but he better have the "OUGH!" from DKC1. I don't really care what voice he has, I just want "OUGH!" to be his getting hit voice clip.

I'd be fine with it.
Though I always kind of pictured him with a Mark Hamill Joker-esque voice.
I had a dream where I was watching a movie or something about the ninja turtles and the villain was K Rool with all the Joker's personality, Mannerisms and voice. It actually fit really well.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Paon:

Rare:

-no claws
-tail
-jewel color
-golden plate armor
-larger crown
ahhhh, okay. I can definitely see the newest one getting in. just since they don't want the rare one to be done. I never realized that R. Rool didn't have a tail in his newest design, how silly of me

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Update.

*grumble* After a brief hiatus came to the conclusion I'm never going to be happy with Diddy so just decided to wing it and see where it gets me. Threw out my everything needs to be anatomically accurate philosophy for the time being and this is where I am right now. I'm mostly happy.

In the meantime I started a new idea on the right. A marble texture to the throne for extra "elegance"... and so it doesn't jar with the rest (looked a little plain compared to the rest).
I drew it by hand based on an image I found on Google. I like it. Hope you do too. Looks quite authentic I feel considering I just started about maybe 20 minutes ago.

D

Deleted member

Damn.

@ StormC StormC 's comment is just making me realise how huge this could be.

If K. Rool is indeed added, it will be the close of a chapter a decade and a half in the making.

It would be a hell of a momentous occasion, that's for sure.
even if he is added we will still have one more goal and that's the return of the king and his kremlings in the main games.
No doubt K. Rool is leading the Ballot. I mean, if not him, who else would it be?
if not King K.Rool then wolf probably.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
(Muh)relevant:

The news had broken in this thread before it ever appeared on Miiverse (though Miiverse was what spread it to Reddit, then Etika, then the gaming media). Whether or not the trademark means a whole lot, getting all this publicity for the character as we near the ballot's two-thirds mark is fantastic.

Screenshot_2015-07-27-11-09-29.png

Is it true what this guys is saying? '''Bala the hero?''

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 64047
Yes, he is correct. No idea why the past releases didn't feature the trademarks but yes, he is right. I don't see why it matters though. Honestly, why would they just now be trademarking his name?

In other news; apparently, according to some, Banjo-Kazooie is even more likely with the release of DK64 which features Jetpac, which is a Rare property, which is owned by Microsoft. What do the cutthroats think of this?

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
All i can say is King K. Roll is pretty much confirmed as the most voted character on the Ballot at this point. His chances of inclusion as a fighter are very high now.
I hope so...but i also thought the same for Ridley...so im keeping my pants on this time untill its official.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 64047
Oooooh I remember this ****. He kept calling people who thought Lucas and Wolf could be DLC delusional whiny fantards and despite being on a site that has a larger anti-Ridley community hestill got flak from everyone. He also said K.Rool would be a Snake clone. People got tired of his **** and he cried hard enough he left the site. Biggest **** I've seen in a while

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
View attachment 64047
K. Rool has never been listed as having a trademark anywhere in the past from what I've been able to find. Its not in the Jungle Climber manual, and I don't think its any of the DKC game manuals. He also does not have a registered trademark. Keep in mind that there is a difference between "registered trademark" (meaning you filed it with the government) and "trademark" (you claim the name as belonging to you, but you did not officially file it and cannot ask the government to help defend the trademark, though you can still possibly reasonably prove that you're the first person to claim the name).

At the same time, the trademark thing admittedly isn't as big of a deal as its being talked about online. On DK64's page all of the Kong's names are trademarked, when only Donkey and Diddy are registered, and Chunky Kong has appeared since the original DK64 (at least Tiny and Lanky have both appeared as recently as 2007 in a DK game, and 2014 as a name).

Oooooh I remember this ****. He kept calling people who thought Lucas and Wolf could be DLC delusional whiny fantards and despite being on a site that has a larger anti-Ridley community hestill got flak from everyone. He also said K.Rool would be a Snake clone. People got tired of his **** and he cried hard enough he left the site. Biggest **** I've seen in a while
He does have a bit of a point in this circumstance. I mean, I haven't been able to find any times in the past where K. Rool has a trademark listed, and I doubt all of the Kongs from DK64 had it either. At the same time, this isn't *that* big of a deal (precisely because of the Kongs issue) and doesn't mean K. Rool is any more or less likely for Smash.

Yes, he is correct. No idea why the past releases didn't feature the trademarks but yes, he is right. I don't see why it matters though. Honestly, why would they just now be trademarking his name?

In other news; apparently, according to some, Banjo-Kazooie is even more likely with the release of DK64 which features Jetpac, which is a Rare property, which is owned by Microsoft. What do the cutthroats think of this?
I'm not really sure if he's actually correct on K. Rool having already been trademarked. I haven't been able to find him with the symbol anywhere. (Then again, its harder to track when they haven't been registered and if they don't use the symbol consistently.)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Update.

*grumble* After a brief hiatus came to the conclusion I'm never going to be happy with Diddy so just decided to wing it and see where it gets me. Threw out my everything needs to be anatomically accurate philosophy for the time being and this is where I am right now. I'm mostly happy.

In the meantime I started a new idea on the right. A marble texture to the throne for extra "elegance"... and so it doesn't jar with the rest (looked a little plain compared to the rest).
I drew it by hand based on an image I found on Google. I like it. Hope you do too. Looks quite authentic I feel considering I just started about maybe 20 minutes ago.
Looks great so far! Was wondering where this project went.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I had a dream where I was watching a movie or something about the ninja turtles and the villain was K Rool with all the Joker's personality, Mannerisms and voice. It actually fit really well.
That actually sounds really cool. And K.Rool really does fit as a Joker-type villain, whether it's the schemer-type Joker (Like in Batman Beyond or Dark Knight (which I just realized has the same initials as Donkey Kong. The Donkey Knight? Dark Kong?))Or the out-and-out insane Joker (Like Batman: The Animated Series or Under The Red Hood)

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
It's great to see such energy in this thread! This is just a reminder not to get complacent or cocky and to keep supporting our King until he is confirmed on the website to be a playable fighter.

We Kan Do It!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Another salty .
Really hope it's a JOKE! ( GAMEFAQS USER. )
We are only getting one ballot newcomer, and the slot is going to be wasted on a boring character from an already represented series. Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and Panel De Pon will never be relevant again because DK fans think the general public actually want a morbidly obese alligator with pink eye. Seriously, why do you think people want to waste money on that? Because you want him? Also, stop multi IP voting for him. It shows how selfish you are.
first, how he know that we are getting only one newcomer? BIG LOL.

but good point my K.Friends, people is upset = more chance for the KING!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Another salty .

This is idiocy. The chances of only getting one ballot newcomer are very slim. In fact, I'd wager that in the case where there are only two ballot characters, we're not getting Wolf back.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another salty .

That guy is a daily anti-K. Rool troll. Flag his username so you know to ignore his bait.

D

Deleted member

LOL GameFaqs. always trying to be smart and failing miserably. (EDIT:i took it out because it seemed offensive)
I didn't know that GameFaqs had actually K.Rool haters (then again, they seem to hate everything)
I actally know a smart user that has visited on GameFaqs for a LONG time, it makes me wonder how he made it trough.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is idiocy. The chances of only getting one ballot newcomer are very slim. In fact, I'd wager that in the case where there are only two ballot characters, we're not getting Wolf back.
I'd say we should be getting a bit more than two, considering that the ballot only ends in October. That is just me, though.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I predict that he will be the heaviest character, but lack serious KO power like the other Super Heavyweights. He is about outlasting his opponent in order to accumulate damage on them and toss them out.

D

Deleted member

Is it bad that i want to see more comments from the Pathetic K.Rool haters and laugh at them?
Because i do, i really do.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think it matters much. We don't know the logistics of Jetpac's licensing in DK64 so we can't say for sure what affect it has; Microsoft might just outright not care that Jetpac is on a rerelease of a 15 year old game. Negotiating the license for a DLC character (and Amiibo)? That's much murkier.

Also, I think Banjo is hurt pretty hard by lack of familiarity in Japan; he definitely has his fans, but it's much more of a cult thing over there compared to here. I don't see Nintendo being crazy about releasing single character DLC of someone that many Japanese players would be unfamiliar with.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I do think it's interesting that K. Rool is garnering so much hate as of recently; just proves that people will attack anything if it's popular enough. At least now it's basically common knowledge that he has a significant chance at being included.

I've seen that "Bala the hero" all over Smash Bros. related internet places, I swear he hates on everyone's character choices just to be rude. Really don't like that guy.

Top Bottom