• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

So is there anything else about these haters that we should talk about?
If not, i think it's time to change topic from mocking K.Rool haters to discuss when is K.Rool going to be revealed.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This... could potentially backfire on us. Now that people think K. Rool has been "confirmed", they're not going to bother voting for him. During these uncertain times, we must remain more dedicated than ever. Do NOT stop voting just because you think the character is a shoe-in. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing is guaranteed. Complacency will be the end of us if we aren't careful.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Anthromorphic animals ::4dedede::4diddy::4falco::4fox::4sonic::4yoshi:(do I count the koopas and pokemons?)

Anime characters::4darkpit::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4pit::4robinm::4robinf::4feroy::4shulk::4zelda::4zss:
Where's :4falcon:? He and :4marth: are the only ones on the roster that have actually been in their own anime, unless we count the Pokemon.

And yeah, absolutely do not get complacent, people. DO NOT. Keep voting, keep encouraging votes and keep spreading the good word of the King as a possible candidate, not a shoe-in.

I remember the Chrom fans. We were so sure of his inclusion because of Gematsu that his disconfirmation hit like a truck. Do not get complacent, we haven't won until we see "K. Rool Krashes the Party!" or some other such variation.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I remember when I unlocked K. Rool as a playable character in King of Swing. I was so thrilled, because it was the first time I had ever gotten the opportunity to play as him, in any game. Even though it was only in a tiny part of the game, and the game in general wasn't very fun imo, I was playing as King K. Rool. I finally had the opportunity to be the bad guy. And that was enough to make me happy. Then my King of Swing cartridge stopped working, but that's besides the point.
There's a certain appeal to playing the part of the villain, even if it doesn't have that big of an effect on gameplay, and I think that's a big part of why I want K. Rool in Smash Bros.

Dunno what brought this up, it just popped into my head and I felt like sharing, hah.
This is why I would like to see Wolf, K. Rool, Vaati, Ridley, Dark Samus, Sylux, Captain Syrup, Medusa, Eggman, and/or King Boo. Just more villains, please.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's be realistic here though, 2/3 into the ballot, what are the chances that another character overtakes the ballot? 95% of the votes are already in.

Not saying we should get complacent, but people thinking K. Rool is a shoe-in will not be the end of us at this point.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Genuine question - what do we do at this point other than talking up K Rool to anyone who will listen? Any devices I could vote on were used a long time ago.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
King K. Rool would be a bad pick, we already have way too many reptiles on the roster.
They should add Ridley instead.

StormC

Smash Hero
Any devices I could vote on were used a long time ago.
Not me. I'm saving them for a rainy day. Spreading them out...

...since rain could ruin them. What, Nintendo representative reading this forum, you think I would actually try to skew the ballot by voting for the same character on multiple devices? That's ridiculous. So unsportsmanlike. Unlike K. Rool, who is very unsportsmanlike, and we think he would be a great and unique character for that reason.

But yeah. We shouldn't grow complacent, but we shouldn't panic either. At this point the heavy lifting is done, but let's keep going for the extra push.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
This... could potentially backfire on us. Now that people think K. Rool has been "confirmed", they're not going to bother voting for him. During these uncertain times, we must remain more dedicated than ever. Do NOT stop voting just because you think the character is a shoe-in. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing is guaranteed. Complacency will be the end of us if we aren't careful.
I second this.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I hope so...but i also thought the same for Ridley...so im keeping my pants on this time untill its official.
"Damnit, DarkPhazon! stop taking your pants off!"
I remember when I unlocked K. Rool as a playable character in King of Swing. I was so thrilled, because it was the first time I had ever gotten the opportunity to play as him, in any game. Even though it was only in a tiny part of the game, and the game in general wasn't very fun imo, I was playing as King K. Rool. I finally had the opportunity to be the bad guy. And that was enough to make me happy. Then my King of Swing cartridge stopped working, but that's besides the point.
There's a certain appeal to playing the part of the villain, even if it doesn't have that big of an effect on gameplay, and I think that's a big part of why I want K. Rool in Smash Bros.

Dunno what brought this up, it just popped into my head and I felt like sharing, hah.
Same. And thats one area i feel smash is grossly lacking in. heroes are all well and good but it's always neat to be able to play as the bad guys and i find it absolutely baffling that we still don't have a lot of major nintendo big bads! After all, what's a hero without a memorable antagonist?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Realised I'd accidentally submitted my vote on the US site when I am not from the US, so decided I'd go and resubmit it on the EU one.

Genuine mistake, sneaky attempt to get an extra vote, or just wanted to rant about the Shockwave attack again? You decide.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Where's :4falcon:? He and :4marth: are the only ones on the roster that have actually been in their own anime, unless we count the Pokemon.
The list goes on. :4kirby: had an anime (featuring:4dedede:&:4metaknight:). So did:4sonic:. :4megaman:had an OVA.
Whats ment are characters with a typical anime artstyle/character design.

Many characters on the roster fall into that category, and are usually depicted as overly handsome fellows with sparkly eyes and crazy hair.
K. Rool the opposite of this (especially considering he was created by westerners).
It benefits the roster to have many varied character designs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's called a Mistake you uncultured swine
Im sorry. I could not resist to make a joke about that.

Well anyway, K.Rool fans, i have a question.
¿Since when did you started supporting K.Rool?
¿Was it before or after entering Smashboards?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Before. Way before.

I was, and remain, amazed that K. Rool wasn't in by Melee.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
This is why I would like to see Wolf, K. Rool, Vaati, Ridley, Dark Samus, Sylux, Captain Syrup, Medusa, Eggman, and/or King Boo. Just more villains, please.
King Boo, eh?
-------

On-Topic: (Edit: Okay, when I think about it, not THAT much On-Topic...)
I believe there's a chance that more than one vote counts per device/IP.
Why do I believe so? Well, think about this:

You are a child (Not too young), you have siblings, you and your siblings love Smash and Nintendo, but not everyone of you owns a separate computer/phone/etc.. So what do you do? All of you vote on one and the same device.
But would it be fair to only count the latest/first vote? Not really.
Because multiple persons could vote on one and the same device.

While this could mean nothing and Nintendo could simply not care about this, this also could be a reason for them to allow multiple votes from one device.

But how would they prevent spammers and bots? Well, either Nintendo needs to check the written texts if some are identical only one vote with this text counts for the character or simply only three to four votes per device count.
(Or they should do both possibilities. This would be the best.)

This is just speculation, I have no evidences to neither confirm nor deny any of this.

-------
I supported him before I entered SmashBoards, but definitely not as much as I do now.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Maybe 2012.
Before I entered Smashboards. Was speculating on my own at that point. Sometimes my friend would talk about Smash 4 speculation with me at that point.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Bit of both. I knew enough of the character and the general design that he was the character whose thread I first gravitated to upon joining but the thread is entirely responsible for keeping me hooked in terms of movesets and so forth.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95

I've supported King K. Rool before, I just haven't actively supported him until a while after I entered Smashboards.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

When I beat him in DKC after playing Melee. I always had (and still do have) an obsession for Reptiles. Of course back then it'd be more of a "He'd be cool to have" child fantasy.
Then I got more involved in Smash Bros (and Gaming in general) with Brawl where I scoured the Brawl site all the time.
It was a few years back I decided to join forums because most friends I had didn't talk gaming. And here I am having ditched a forum that was toxic to K Rool and other popular characters pre-release.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I really wish some people weren't this stupid. Like were going to get more than one smash ballot characters. We all want different fighters and stuff and we all need to respect one another of who we want ( except Goku and Shrek ). Honestly I hate roy, To me he is such a lame character, but i'm happy for the fans that wanted him. If we can show respect for other peoples character requests, then they should do the same for the king k rool fans. Not bash on us and get all cranky just because their character isn't chosen. I don't want characters that would be good for competitive smash only, I want characters I grew up with as a child. Characters that i've always wanted to see in smash since it was released. What if this was the last smash game? Would you bring in a brand new character that just came out with a game and looks all pretty and is super fast at playing? or would you go with a character that was a big part of your childhood and someone you honestly wanted to see in smash? no matter if they were to fat, or to slow. I want King k Rool because I love him, and I want to see only this character in smash at least once! When i unlocked his trophy in smash wii u, I just felt so pissed at nintendo. Confused on why they have to ignore him? If king k rool is in the game, then i can finally be open to whatever character sakurai puts out without judgement. I will never stop fighting for him until this ballot is over.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I supported K. Rool long before I participated here, and I supported the King Kroc by the time Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS were revealed that one time at E3.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
As of late I've been seeing more of these kinds of comments on youtube
Comments like these from Etika's video
- as someone who holds the donkey kong country series in very high regard, i genuinely hope k rool doesn't get in smash.
- We don't need K Tool in Sm4sh imo
And they both even get 30 upvotes for it. But like you said DON'T. STOP. SUPPORTING.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Can we not be homophobic??? :sadsheep:
Thanks. :cheep:

Cool gay sheep.
So is there anything else about these haters that we should talk about?
If not, i think it's time to change topic from mocking K.Rool haters to discuss when is K.Rool going to be revealed.
I reckon in October after the ballot is over.
It's called hentai you uncultured swine
uggh some people piss me off all anime isnt hentai!!!
idea-of-communism.jpg

Defintley before, I've wanted him in SSB since Melee. I was actually surprised they didn't add him as well as Diddy. That was before I found out about the Rare buyout though.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
The trademark shouldn't be assumed a shoe in. It could be becaus the Virtual Console is starting to really fill up with DK games featuring K Rool, or maybe even a future DK game is gonna feature King K Rool.

Regardless this is definitely interesting and I'm hype to see why exactly he was renewed, gonna keep up the support as usual.

Though here's a thought, do you guys expect K Rool to get a full newcomer trailer? The team that's left isn't big but the cutscenes were commissioned to begin with and its hard to tell if they have the resources when Ryu's was purposely made to mimick Street Fighter Turbo and veterans don't get full trailers outside gameplay.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The trademark shouldn't be assumed a shoe in. It could be becaus the Virtual Console is starting to really fill up with DK games featuring K Rool, or maybe even a future DK game is gonna feature King K Rool.

Regardless this is definitely interesting and I'm hype to see why exactly he was renewed, gonna keep up the support as usual.

Though here's a thought, do you guys expect K Rool to get a full newcomer trailer? The team that's left isn't big but the cutscenes were commissioned to begin with and its hard to tell if they have the resources when Ryu's was purposely made to mimick Street Fighter Turbo and veterans don't get full trailers outside gameplay.
will seeing as all DLC characters has got a trailer i'm sure K rool will as will.Just dont hope for something that is CGI.Ryu only had like 5-12 seconds of that and he's a 3rd party DLC newcomer

D

Deleted member

Where's :4falcon:? He and :4marth: are the only ones on the roster that have actually been in their own anime, unless we count the Pokemon..
captain falcon in anime is bart lemming the one in the f zero games is douglas jay falcon the one smash is probably douglas jay falcon so its not the anime one.
The list goes on. :4kirby: had an anime (featuring:4dedede:&:4metaknight:). So did:4sonic:. :4megaman:had an OVA.
Whats ment are characters with a typical anime artstyle/character design.

Many characters on the roster fall into that category, and are usually depicted as overly handsome fellows with sparkly eyes and crazy hair.
K. Rool the opposite of this (especially considering he was created by westerners).
It benefits the roster to have many varied character designs.
always relevant.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it, look at it this way

Last year we had the virtual console releases of the DK country and Land games

This year we had King of Swing, it's sequel and 64

That's 9 games with King K Rool in just 2 years released, if anything this is pushing them to renew the Trademark because of it and might not even have anything to do with Smash, meaning we need to support even more.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Hey, newcomer to this thread here. I see a lot of potential in K. Rool, so I would love seeing him as DLC.
will seeing as all DLC characters has got a trailer i'm sure K rool will as will.Just dont hope for something that is CGI.Ryu only had like 5-12 seconds of that and he's a 3rd party DLC newcomer
I can understand why the veterans didn't get CGI trailers, since they don't need as big of an introduction. Even Sonic's trailer didn't have a CGI segment, but that was probably for the same reason as the other veterans.

Ryu's CGI segment was all he needed to be introduced, it was short, but that's because it was a replica of the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo introduction, and that was all he really needed. Ryu and Street Fighter is all about the technical gameplay, not fancy cutscenes.

I feel like the Ballot characters might get some CGI treatment. The Ballot is a HUGE deal, and I think the Ballot characters will be revealed similarly to how the other newcomers were revealed before DLC was a thing. Don't take my word on it, I'm just guessing.

Last edited:

Balloon1009

Smash Cadet
NNID
balloon1009
3DS FC
3179-6315-5675
He was in the top 5 in the ballot, so he might be in. There were also leakes of a new direct.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the question of when I supported K Rool

I was already a fan back in the day, when I saw that Melee was gonna have villains with Bowser then I started wanting K Rool, he was frankly the type of villain you would expect to see in the Melee and Brawl days, I continues to support through smash waiting periods. Smash 4 I was still supportive but not majorly until the Smash Run reveal where Kremlings suddenly showed up since 2009, that's when my support went big time during Smash 4 and currently is.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
He was in the top 5 in the ballot, so he might be in. There were also leakes of a new direct.
I hope you know that the leak was just a troll or do you believe that Pichu and Wolf would look exactly like Pikachu and Fox and would also have the same name?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Hey, newcomer to this thread here. I see a lot of potential in K. Rool, so I would love seeing him as DLC.

I can understand why the veterans didn't get CGI trailers, since they don't need as big of an introduction. Even Sonic's trailer didn't have a CGI segment, but that was probably for the same reason as the other veterans.

Ryu's CGI segment was all he needed to be introduced, it was short, but that's because it was a replica of the Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo introduction, and that was all he really needed. Ryu and Street Fighter is all about the technical gameplay, not fancy cutscenes.

I feel like the Ballot characters might get some CGI treatment. The Ballot is a HUGE deal, and I think the Ballot characters will be revealed similarly to how the other newcomers were revealed before DLC was a thing. Don't take my word on it, I'm just guessing.
Newcomer to the thread, you say?

Last edited:
Top Bottom