• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
They do but they don't talk, though Mewtwo talks in Japanese victory screens.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick If you guys aren't watching SGDQ definately come join in. It's for charity and thought I'd share it here if you guys didn't know about it. A donkey kong country run is upcoming soon.
I'm not particularly fond of watching other people play video games, but we should totally spam #KrocTheVote hashtags in the Twitch chat whenever they reach K. Rool. Every little bit of exposure helps, and I won't rest until K. Rool is finally confirmed.

StormC

Smash Hero
I seriously hope that if K. Rool uses the PAON design there won't be any whining here. The last thing we want to appear as is ungrateful and entitled.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm not particularly fond of watching other people play video games, but we should totally spam #KrocTheVote hashtags in the Twitch chat whenever they reach K. Rool. Every little bit of exposure helps, and I won't rest until K. Rool is finally confirmed.
Well since this is a charity event I probably won't do that lol. But I see what you mean. And yeah watching others' play games isn't for everyone but I'm heavily entertained whenever an agdq is happening and felt obligated to share it considering It's a "fight against charity," charity.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I seriously hope that if K. Rool uses the PAON design there won't be any whining here. The last thing we want to appear as is ungrateful and entitled.
At this point I want ANY K. Rool, he could be PAON, Rare, even a unique design, regardless I just want King K. Rool

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
I'd like to be put back on the Support List too, and hopefully, we will have our king soon enough.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Is anyone here besides me german?
Because on a german gaming news website there is right now the trademark K Rool news.
It is funny because there is a muh rep and muh heavyweight discussion :D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Absolutely. Thing is, whatever design K. Rool uses, odds are, it's going to look good. Contrary to the 4chan meme, they're not just going to copypaste his trophy model and "give him Dedede's specials and Bowser's standards." (which, lol @ that being the go-to argument now that no one takes the Bowser clone one seriously)

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Is anyone here besides me german?
Because on a german gaming news website there is right now the trademark K Rool news.
It is funny because there is a muh rep and muh heavyweight discussion :D
:yoshi:That's amazing. Glad to hear even in europe the news is booming :pow:

D

Deleted member

Wow 22 users something krazy happen?

What do you guys think the next K.Rool kostume will be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was you guys! :laugh:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
REMINDER: These are just SOME things the king of the kremlings can bring to Smash bros!

By ZombieSaurian
http://zombiesaurian.deviantart.com/art/A-K-Rool-Moveset-Updated-6-28-15-542724062

By Daeyrat from GameFaqs (and I think they are on this board too, but I don't know how to link to users)

Dunno who made this one! But nice visual style!

And part of リック's moveset focusing on the King persona's abilities (he thinks they are overlooked).

Posting given the influx of visitors. Have a look.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Nice idea! For the large influx of newcomers, another (text) moveset:

Specials:

Neutral - Blunderbuss Cannon (DKC2). Hold B to charge the cannon, increasing damage and distance. Lightly tapping B fires a smooth cannonball which can be picked up and thrown by any player (it is heavy though!). Holding B fires a Spiked Cannonball which deals more damage and sticks where it lands like a Unira, unable to be picked up by either player, vanishing after 5 seconds. Only one cannonball can be active at one time. Has the utility of a Gyro whilst also being an effective trap move, but not at the same time like ROB Gyro. On the other hand, K Rool's cannonballs are much harder to use against him.

Side - Crown Toss (DKC1). King K Rool tosses his crown forwards as a projectile. Nothing interesting here.

Down - Cannonball Drop (DKC1). King K Rool stomps the ground, causing a cannonball to drop from the skies in front of him. If used in midair, K Rool will drop a cannonball from hammer space, an effective move for returning to the ground.

Up - Kopter (DKC3). K Rool's Kopter activates, allowing him to fly to the stage. This move has similar horizontal recovery to DK with somewhat better vertical recovery, but only has a hit box with the blades and no super armour.

Neutrals:

Jab - Kombo (DK64) - Jabs with his boxing gloves.

Dash Attack - Headbutt (Tropical Freeze). Performs a running crown headbutt. Hey, if Frederick can steal our moves...

F-Tilt - Glove Boomerang (DK64) - Throws his boxing glove as a boomerang for a very weak but safe long range poke.

D-Tilt - Foot Sweep (New) - Sweeps at the opponents feet with claws/gloves. Quicker but weaker than the Jab, with less range.

U-Tilt - Glove Toss (DK64) - Throws his boxing glove upwards for a very weak but safe long range uppercut.

Aerials:

Neutral - Karousel (King Of Swing) - Spins in midair for a reasonably quick but weak aerial with a crown sweetspot.

Forward - Klaw Swipe (Barrel Blast) - Slashes with his claw. See Bowsers forward air.

Back - Blunderbuss Jet (DKC2) - Fires his blunderbuss behind him, propelling him forward. See ROB's Back Air.

Down - Belly Flop (DKL) - Sticks out his gut downwards. Acts as a sex kick.

Up - Cannon Blast (New) - Fires an explosion from his cannon upwards, propelling him downwards.

Smashes:

Forward - Leap Attack (DKC1) - Performs a leaping body slam. Has massive end-lag, though this is avoided if K Rool uses the move to leap off the stage. Can also be used out of a Dash (Using A+B input).

Down - Ground Pound (DK64) - Standard stuff.

Up - Uppercut (DK64) - Again, standard stuff.

If you miss Snake for how he played then K Rool is probably the type of character who'd interest you.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Alright here we are. One of my more detailed drawings and took longer than usual, but here it is. Join the Kritters and vote for your King!

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Yes, and we have talked about it to good extent. It's nothing to raise an alarm over because they've been doing this for all their recent VC releases as far as I know. Chunky, Lanky, and Tiny also are.

Edit: Oh wow, all eyes on K. Rool!
Ah very good then :pimp:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
word. i'd hope for it to atleast have some small aspects from the rare design like the golden belly plate sure but as long as it's k.rool and he's a well thought out character(*glares at smash 4 mewtwo*) in this game it'll be awesome. If i can tolerate and grow accustomed to TPdorf despite me greatly preffering his OOT/Melee design and generally disliking his TP appearance i can deal with k.rool's tamer changes just fine.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Let's hope we see a return of the King sooner rather than later.
Every time I see "return of the King" written in reference to K.Rool, I always think of the punchline from this World of Warcraft joke.

I like to envision us Kutthroats as Kritters when drawing this. We are K. Rool's most dedicated minions afterall!
That one with the Dedede hat over there? That's me. :laugh:

They have actors, but nothing beyond grunts. Same with DDD. Mewtwo actually does talk in the Japanese version, but in the English version, it's the same actor, they just removed the talking.
Dedede's clips were actually run through a filter that sounds like a Little Blue Penguin, so he's more in line with the other "animal characters must have animal sounds" victims, than with Bowser Jr. and Mewtwo. :smash:

D

Deleted member

Dedede's clips were actually run through a filter that sounds like a Little Blue Penguin, so he's more in line with the other "animal characters must have animal sounds" victims, than with Bowser Jr. and Mewtwo. :smash:
I never understood why bowser jr. can have a normal voice but not bowser.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I never understood why bowser jr. can have a normal voice but not bowser.
It probably has something to do with their movesets too. Bowser uses mostly powerful or monstrous moves, where as Bowser Jr. pilots a mech. So having a growly little beast be the mech character would be odd. Makes me hope that if K. Rool is highly trap oriented with projectiles he might make out with a normal voice, but he may very well get stuck with animal noises too. It would be super odd just hearing him with crocodile/alligator sounds, but hey, I'd rather see that than no K. Rool at all.

StormC

Smash Hero
I bet all the other threads are starting to feel a little jealous of all this attention we're getting right now.

We're making history here, people.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I bet all the other threads are starting to feel a little jealous of all this attention we're getting right now.

I didn't even realize you were StormC because I'm used to either seeing Greninja or Elec Man.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think K. Rool speaking, full stop, would be...weird. I can imagine him speaking in short Mario-esque quips, or via text with some boisterous grunts and growls for flavour (in the vein of RPG Bowser / Zelda characters), but full-on, voice-over equipped dialogue? I think it'd be a bit much. It'd be like hearing DK or Diddy engage in full human conversation: weird and out of character.

Of course, the cartoon is a different medium with a different interpretation of the character, so it's fine there. It helps that his voice is hella fine~ ;3

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I was thinking about this but has anyone seen a K. Rool cosplay out there? I was thinking about making one for my next local, I bring my diddy kong plushie to my local and wear him hanging out of my shirt collar. And if there isn't a Kosplay of Krool out there any ideas for the chestplate/torso shirt?

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^chest plate: AN ACTUAL GOLDEN BREASTPLATE =p

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hey all, @dkvine on twitter made an observation that King K. Rool's name is trademarked in DK Jungle Climber that came out on the eshop a few days ago. If the trademark is recent, does that mean King K. Rool may be coming to Smash?http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Xa0YAXm9S_tEzs80av_qC7c-U5HyY_uQ

If you look at some of the other descriptions you see that K. Rool (and the other names too, actually) isn't trademarked: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/0iK_ty5H0gYk6J21Yk5BzvlcCzJmKOWz

Hopefully that's a good sign for the K. Rool fans!

Edit: Sorry if y'all are already discussing this haha

Edit 2: K.Rool hype sorryImadumbassIthoughtthisnewswasposted2hoursagonot8sonlylookedforpostsmade2hoursago

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Damn.

@ StormC StormC 's comment is just making me realise how huge this could be.

If K. Rool is indeed added, it will be the close of a chapter a decade and a half in the making.

It would be a hell of a momentous occasion, that's for sure.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Did a quick look on twitter for some reactions. Weirdly overreacting haters, step aside! Meet just some of K. Rool's happy fans!

Made it smaller. Been posting too many big pics lately.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If K. Rool does make it into Smash it really is history in the making. Not because he's one of the "big 3" not because he's irrelevant. It's because he's a character that seemed down and out and fans rallied behind him and helped him return. It'd be one of the biggest stories of fans shaping something in a game ever!

We can be a part of that, just don't give up.

In all my years of being a DK fan never had King K. Rools name come up more than now, ironically he's more popular now than he's ever been! Nintendo is listening so let's yell loud and clear!

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

If K. rool makes it all of the supporters list people, tweets, facebook fans etc. are to thank. Glad we've come so far. I'm not celebrating JUST yet though. :shiro:

Top Bottom