• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What exactly is this 'DKC formula' ? I tried to google it but i did not find anything helpfull :/
Cartoony yet realistic natural worlds and enemies, atmospheric music, a focus on explorative platforming, challenging level design, mine carts, barrel cannons, all the fixin's.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I decided to buy the original DKC on the Wii U today and I gotta say;
It's really fun!
Playing through it makes me want to see Enguarde, Winky, and Expresso return in the next DKC made by Retro.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157

Guys here is another leak. It's totally legit and not fake in any way.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

This, my friend, is not lighting. There are two, very defined angles where the person who was photoshopping scued onto the character model.
It's not just lighting. The lighting/quality masks the color of his pointed left arm on the lower part of the belly, and his chest poking out is on the upper part of it. This is all due to the very awkward angle the render's taken at, and the render (as I will note below) is original. It's very unlikely for there to be an obvious mistake like this when the rest of the model was edited relatively well, in spite of the Gamecube-era look of the render.

It's either that the angle/lighting give the illusion of a poor edit (actually the case) or a somehow poor edit occurred at the same area the angle would make the render look weird in bad lighting. Too much of a coincidence.

I'm not at home to be able to confirm that the trophy is, in fact the model used. But if you take a look at the arms, the angle of his body, and his eyes you can make a pretty safe assumption.
Burb did an angle comparison and the trophy/model aren't the same. This is an original render.

Yeah, it's more than most likely not the trophy, unless it's a heavily shopped version. There's quite a few differences. Namely, the one from the leak has a fatter tummy.

I think the leak is fake currently due to the nature of it (We've had a billion Direct leaks and they're all fake), but it's a pretty dang good one.
I'm in agreement that it's fake, but the belly isn't the reason. I'd say the underarm looks photoshopped, his scales lack any proper detail, and his model is too polygonal to be Wii U era.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool looks pregnant in that fake leak. He's fat, but he's fit, too. It's not just a beer belly, it's muscle AND fat.

So I hope he doesn't actually look like some sort of fetish art in the actual game...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K. Rool looks pregnant in that fake leak. He's fat, but he's fit, too. It's not just a beer belly, it's muscle AND fat.

So I hope he doesn't actually look like some sort of fetish art in the actual game...
King K. Rool is the Kingpin of Nintendo.

If you don't get it, Kingpin is a Marvel villain who looks fat but actually is very muscular. I think only 2% of his body is fat.
Those people are just jealous that K. Rool is more popular than their "awesome" characters.
I like how the first guy was like "Shantae can represent the whole indie world."
I'm like "So."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if i should be posting this, but i will (it's not K.Rool related, but DKC related):
As for the K.Rool haters, ingnore them, they are just butthurt and salty that the King is a popular choice and not their "super mega unique deserving" character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I don't know if i should be posting this, but i will (it's not K.Rool related, but DKC related):
As for the K.Rool haters, ingnore them, they are just butthurt and salty that the King is popular choice and not their "super mega unique deserving" character.
Vinny's laugh is a cure for any ailment.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
It seems most of the people that are upset about King K. Rool's popularity are voting for random third party characters with little chance. Ever since the Smash Ballot has opened up people seem to forget that Smash is a Nintendo game about Nintendo's characters and get upset when an actual Nintendo character is popular.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This is just a small sample of the vitriol I saw as I casually scrolled through the comment section of Etika's video. We better hope for multiple ballot winners so the entitled brats don't send Sakurai death threats when their favorite characters inevitably don't make the cut. Assuming K. Rool wins the ballot, expect the haters to be more vocal than ever. I've already prepared myself mentally.

"That worthless ****ing crocodile stole Rouge the Bat's slot. **** YOU SAKURAI!"

And if K. Rool doesn't get in, god forbid, expect to see a similarly childish reaction on both sides.

"Haha, you will never get your fat crocodile in Smash."

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
that's the same girl who made the isaac picture.Really dont like her approach of getting people to vote for k rool
I love it. Only dudes like me would do something like this. To be honest, I didn't really want DHD in the game anyway.
Yeah, I do find them a bit morbid personally, but I thought this one at least had a fun slogan. Every single vote for K. Rool in spite of him not being in Retro's games is essentially saying "screw relevancy" if you think about it.
Morbid=Awesome, then again maybe it's because I'm one of the few who understands these kind of things. Hey, at least she's one of us.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is just a small sample of the vitriol I saw as I casually scrolled through the comment section of Etika's video. We better hope for multiple ballot winners so the entitled brats don't send Sakurai death threats when their favorite characters inevitably don't make the cut. Assuming K. Rool wins the ballot, expect the haters to be more vocal than ever. I've already prepared myself mentally.

"That worthless ****ing crocodile stole Rouge the Bat's slot. **** YOU SAKURAI!"

And if K. Rool doesn't get in, god forbid, expect to see a similarly childish reaction on both sides.

Yeah, I thought about this a few weeks back...for all the happiness that will follow a K. Rool reveal, Sakurai's going to get a lot of hate from Internet fanboys irate that "he stole my favorite's slot." We ought to counteract this with a barrage of #ThanksForKRoolSakurai tweets, so he knows he made the right choice (if he indeed makes the right choice).

I mean, there were multiple spontaneous #YouCanDoItSakurai movements before release, the least we could do is band together for an actual great thing he (maybe) did.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Rouge The Bat....was that person serious?

Yeah, I thought about this a few weeks back...for all the happiness that will follow a K. Rool reveal, Sakurai's going to get a lot of hate from Internet fanboys irate that "he stole my favorite's slot." We ought to counteract this with a barrage of #ThanksForKRoolSakurai tweets, so he knows he made the right choice (if he indeed makes the right choice).
I can imagine what's going to happen in Miiverse: "**** you, Sakurai, you added a fat crocodile instead of Goku/Shrek/random Sonic character/random third-party!"

StormC

Smash Hero
There is absolutely no way I could get down about whiners if K. Rool gets added. I'd be way too happy to care.

Besides, history is written by the winners. Everyone will love him and his complainers will be completely outnumbered.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't know about the rest of you but I plan on taking straight to For Glory with K Rool to rub the salt in a little more.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
"That worthless ****ing crocodile stole Rogue the Bat's slot. **** YOU SAKURAI!""
"Whoops! I'm sorry I'm making you feel salty. Hehehehehehehe...."

Fatso, is it? I'd choose my last words more carefully if I were you."
-Donkey Kong 64, King K. Rool

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

"That worthless ****ing crocodile stole Rogue the Bat's slot. **** YOU SAKURAI!"

If K. Rool is confirmed, I probably will take a break from the Smash-related parts of the internet, for two, or three weeks at least.
The K. Rool section here on SmashBoards would probably be the only place I would look into.
...In other words, not much would change. :4dedede:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My planned For Glory names include 'ONE OF US!' and 'FINESTHOUR' so far, maybe 'DROP DIDDY' too if I'm facing one of his mains.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And yeah, didn't Etika initially call K. Rool a "bad heavyweight nobody would play as?" Did he just flipflop because he's popular?
Sounds likely. He definitely was in the "K. Rool would just be another fat Bowser clone" camp. I remember talking about this many, many pages ago.

Smooth, Etika. Smooth. -_-

Oh well, at least he's not belting that gamefaqs tier nonsense anymore?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Down B: KAOS
King K. Rool first summons her wife to battle, taking her pots and pans.
Then, he builds KAOS with it.
Lastly, he can whack KAOS with his elektro pods.
Then KAOS falls and damages opponents.
Guys, this needs to be his actual Down B.

I need this in my life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(Users: 34, Guests: 20)
WHAT THE HECK MAN...
Anyway, the K.Rool haters do not bother me in the slightlest, and it's all thank to beign a Roy supporter (i remember the rage back when Roy and Ryu were leaked).

When you see haters like that, K.Rool haters looks like child's play to me.

Top Bottom