• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Now that just ain't nice. And they are supposed to be supporting animals...

Man, on another note, the wait for August is almost over. Can't wait to see the next Direct!
The first direct that could potentially contain K. Rool (Though if he's added I'm expecting October, for a formal ballot winner ending etc.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I was about to say "Wow. double-posting much?" until I realized you two were entirely different users. Geez, having avatars that similar should be a crime. It confuses my poor, tired brain. :tired:

I want K. Rool to be a combination of all the things mentioned. Don't make him full-on pure evil, don't make him full-on psychotic, and please don't make him full-on comical. I want a combination of all of the above. Don't make him just one trope, that's boring. I want them to take K. Rool's many layers and use them all in even doses.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
At my local tourney I was at all day today the subject of "which character do you want to see as dlcs" arose MANY times. I glady and instantaneously said "K.ROOL" and half the time someone else was agreeing with me just after lol! The support is pretty global, which is awesome to hear in public, I was also repping my K. Rool shirt there for a while. People know of K. Rool's presence.

D

Deleted member

Its not Spika, its Pika. Get it since its Pokemans Pika. Nevermind. No one gets it. They always call me Spika.

King K. Rool is pretty cool. Yay rhyming!
i always read it as pokemans pika for a reason i refuse to tell. i guess spika sounds kinda catchy.

he also rocks! if your in a bad mood sorry for bad timing...

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I hope it's not a mewtwo deal where they go "here's a model for you guys, we'll have a trailer ready in, like, six months"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At my local tourney I was at all day today the subject of "which character do you want to see as dlcs" arose MANY times. I glady and instantaneously said "K.ROOL" and half the time someone else was agreeing with me just after lol! The support is pretty global, which is awesome to hear in public, I was also repping my K. Rool shirt there for a while. People know of K. Rool's presence.
Yeah. Whenever I've mentioned K. Rool in public I either get nods of agreement or somebody asking "Who?" or "Is that the guy from Donkey Kong?" and when I explain, they usually say something like "Yeah, I guess that could work."

K. Rool's not as forgotten as detractors would have you think. At all.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've never had anyone ask "who." I don't know if it's because of Smash or DKC, but people definitely know him.

I remember during his time in the RTC thread someone said "most people don't know him, so he would mostly help the fans." I guarantee the majority of people who play Smash would recognize K. Rool, either by sight or name. My brother who hadn't played the DKC series in some 15 odd years recognized him instantly.

Last edited:

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool.

I think this may be the best example of WHAT King K. Rool should sound like.

It is a MIX in between his TV show (Very crazy and fast paced) and his dark and deep voiced Donkey Kong 64 voice.

Please tell me what you think of this King K. Rool Hybrid voice.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14ew9NMGuFz

:D

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Heads up, there's a 'leak' going around.
Just came to let you all know. Ignore it and move on.

StormC

Smash Hero
King K. Rool.

It is a MIX in between his TV show (Very crazy and fast paced) and his dark and deep voiced Donkey Kong 64 voice.

I like it a lot! Did you perform this?

Reminds me of @Warlock*G posting a an anime dub voice that could pass for K. Rool... can't remember what it was, though.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
I like it a lot! Did you perform this?

Reminds me of @Warlock*G posting a an anime dub voice that could pass for K. Rool... can't remember what it was, though.

Yes this is me, I do voice acting and wanted to do my favorite video game character. I have quite a couple of different renditions, but this one seems to be the most hybrid of them all.

Wanted to appeal to most fans. and Thank you.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yes this is me, I do voice acting and wanted to do my favorite video game character. I have quite a couple of different renditions, but this one seems to be the most hybrid of them all.

Wanted to appeal to most fans. and Thank you.
Well, in that case, better track down Xander Mobus and see if he can hook you up with the role. ;)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Okay, I'm from the leaks thread and a very substantial looking leak popped up. These are two pertinent images:

Can anybody identify/place the render and see if it already exists?

EDIT: Second picture edited out. It was a GameFAQs fake/trick trying to piggyback on the above leak.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Time to play "find that render"

Anyone here recognize it? I'm sure it's a fake leak, but still need to check it out.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Time to play "find that render"

Anyone here recognize it? I'm sure it's a fake leak, but still need to check it out.
That looks like his trophy render for Smash 4 just tilted at a high angle. (Back to Trial HSC revision I go.)

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Okay, I'm from the leaks thread and a very substantial looking leak popped up. These are two pertinent images:

This next one has Rool's icon on the top left, too:

The second image looks a little suspicious. I recognize the Young Link stock head from Hyrule Warriors. As for the first one, reminds me of the trophy render in a different angle.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Is that supposed to be Wii U? It's a terrible looking model. The cape looks like a texture. The scales look awful.

Keep the fake leaks coming! More proof that K. Rool is accepted into the general Smash community for me.

EDIT: Young Link? Yeah, it's fake.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

This next one has Rool's icon on the top left, too:

WOLF?! Call the police!

StormC

Smash Hero
To be honest I actually hope this is fake just because I don't want Young Link and K. Rool looks TERRIBLE.

He's put on weight in his absence.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
To be honest I actually hope this is fake just because I don't want Young Link and K. Rool looks TERRIBLE.

He's put on weight in his absence.
Yes Young Link is obscenely obese, too big for the roster. :troll:

Serious note: That render looks like a reposed trophy render. Look how rough the edges are on the King's gut, its a bit disgusting.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Plot thickens; Pic with young Link icon is, in fact, fake. But it's also apparently unrelated to the 4chan leak that gave us this imgur album and instead was a GameFAQs ruse. Meaning THESE are the only pertinent images:

http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want K Rool's personality trait in smash to be completely, irredeemably psychotic . Have random twitches in his movements to show of his nature. He should also have his comedic elements as well.
Like his idle pose in the DKC1 battle.
Lol...i cant wait..he looks so damn cute when he starts leaping! I really want that leap as one of his special moves and i hope it has super armour lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Plot thickens; Pic with young Link icon is, in fact, fake. But it's also apparently unrelated to the 4chan leak that gave us this imgur album and instead was a GameFAQs ruse. Meaning THESE are the only pertinent images:

http://imgur.com/a/ibsmG
That K. Rool is still hideous. It looks like a GameCube model.
This. The K. Rool model is awful. There's no way that'd be his model. The other ones are somewhat interesting, but can easily be faked as well while still looking good. Though admittedly, I'd love a remix of Gangplank Galleon by David Wise. Yeah, the current remix is great, but nothing would beat an EPIC reimagining of the song by the original song's creator.

King K. Rool.

Doesn't sound too bad, fair effort, I'd like it to be a bit more sinister, but that weird Hannibal Lector sound in the middle puts me off haha

If K. Rool is added and we get a stage I don't think we'll get the same remixed version of GG which is on Kongo Jungle, if anything we'll get a different remix of GG and maybe some others. (Fear Factory, Crocodile Cacophony etc) If I had to bet I'd say that I don't think we will get a new stage with K.Rool if he's in, only because DK is already represented, with stages.

Top Bottom