• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Hearing his manly "Ohhh!" when jumping over his head or when getting launched would be pretty neat!

StormC

Smash Hero

I'm fine with pretty much any voice, honesty. This, crocodile sounds, even the Jungle Climber voice.

I'll complain about the voice once he's in the game. :drshrug:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
The thought of K. Rool dressed up as a communist dictator combined with my recent interest in Street Fighter made me want to scribble this up. I wish I could come up with a clever name for it.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
It's not the ideals of communism itself, but rather the cruelty and ruthlessness generally associated with communist leaders. At least in my view.
It really doesn't make too much sense when I think good and hard about it, but Bison isn't a communist either so whatevs :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The thought of K. Rool dressed up as a communist dictator combined with my recent interest in Street Fighter made me want to scribble this up. I wish I could come up with a clever name for it.
K. Bison, obvs~

I love that his tail is sticking out of the jacket. That's my favourite detail~

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Where does it say K. Rool is playable? All I see is the McLeodGaming Wiki page for Donkey Kong.
oh the very first paragraph of the page. It saids it on the last sentence. " In his series, he protects DK Island and his banana hoard alongside his nephew and best friend Diddy Kong from the evil Kremling leader King K. Rool. He is a playable newcomer character in Super Smash Flash 2" Also there was a picture of gangplank galleon as a stage. You can see it at McLeodGamings twitter.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
oh the very first paragraph of the page. It saids it on the last sentence. " In his series, he protects DK Island and his banana hoard alongside his nephew and best friend Diddy Kong from the evil Kremling leader King K. Rool. He is a playable newcomer character in Super Smash Flash 2" Also there was a picture of gangplank galleon as a stage. You can see it at McLeodGamings twitter.
I looked at that page, and it looks to me like that "he is a playable character" sentence is in reference to Donkey Kong, not K. Rool.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I looked at that page, and it looks to me like that "he is a playable character" sentence is in reference to Donkey Kong, not K. Rool.
Well right before they say "The evil kremling leader King K. Rool. HE is a playable newcomer." That sounds like they meant k rool . Gangplank Galleon is in the game as a new stage. There is no way they would leave him out of the picture. Wether if the article does say he is or not playable, I'm 98% sure he is going to be playable. I'm excited to see what move set they came up for him

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well right before they say "The evil kremling leader King K. Rool. HE is a playable newcomer." That sounds like they meant k rool . Gangplank Galleon is in the game as a new stage. There is no way they would leave him out of the picture. Wether if the article does say he is or not playable, I'm 98% sure he is going to be playable. I'm excited to see what move set they came up for him
Later on in the article it refers to DK as a Smash Flash newcomer though. Although I'm pretty sure K. Rool dominated SSF2's new character poll a while back so he'll be along eventually.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
If it were me creating him, I'd give him his deep sinister voice from DK64 with his famous grunts from the original DKC games.

Likley though we'll probably get actual realistic crocodile sounds along with some grunts which I'd also be ok with.
I like this plan. I know that, either when he's launched by a powerful move, or when he's K.Od, I would definitely give his his grunt from DKC1 when DK jumps on him.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The one thing I don't want K. Rool to do is talk. I know he did it in DK64, but it just seems so unfitting in this game. His original DK voice is fine, the Sluggers voice is fine, the Paon voice is fine, and I'd take the hyper realistic crocodile sounds, but I'd really prefer he didn't speak.

Even if he did, though, I'd probably be to excited to even be bothered by it if he was confirmed, anyways.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
The one thing I don't want K. Rool to do is talk. I know he did it in DK64, but it just seems so unfitting in this game. His original DK voice is fine, the Sluggers voice is fine, the Paon voice is fine, and I'd take the hyper realistic crocodile sounds, but I'd really prefer he didn't speak.

Even if he did, though, I'd probably be to excited to even be bothered by it if he was confirmed, anyways.
I think the closet thing he can do if he is going to talk, should be him laughing. I would dig the realistic crocodile sounds but I really like his voice though

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I only want K. Rool to laugh. I think dialogue should be kept to a minimum in SSB; it can be fairly distracting.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
0/10 Rambi is in a cage. Animal Cruelty. PETA is gonna get all up in here.
Is'nt it animal cruelty enough that K. Rool tries to kill the Kongs and even beat and shot the crap out of DK in DKC2? even imprisoning K. Lumsy, his own family species in a cage in DK64? where was PETA then hunh?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Is'nt it animal cruelty enough that K. Rool tries to kill the Kongs and even beat and shot the crap out of DK in DKC2? even imprisoning K. Lumsy, his own family species in a cage in DK64? where was PETA then hunh?
PETA don't care about that. They only care about Mario when he "skins" Tanukis for their fur and when Iwata dies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
"Yeah, Thank You!"

I'd be for that.
Someone earlier mentioned having this as a taunt, and using it whenever you got the crowd cheer (I believe "King K Rules!" was the suggestion, which was also great) and it was an idea I really liked. I won't be too worried however he sounds but if he can get this it would be awesome.

(To the person whose idea I am shamelessly appropriating: thank you, random citizen.)

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's not give PETA the time of day. They kill animals in shelters en masse and advocate for releasing all domesticated pets into the wild. They're scum.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The subject of animal cruelty has reminded me of something, though.

I recall hearing the theory that the reason why the Kremlings invade DK Island is because their homeland is too polluted to inhabit anymore. Kremkroc Industries is their attempt to set up shop on DK Island.

Or is it just me that remembers that theory?

Top Bottom