• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

so do you guys think King K.Rool could have a unique victory theme? i think he could.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
so do you guys think King K.Rool could have a unique victory theme? i think he could.
If Bowser and son gets their own victory theme, K. Rool definitely should. Though, on the other hand, Ganondorf. Some villains have 'em and some don't, who knows what decides whether or not they get one.

Did Wolf have his own victory theme in Brawl? I didn't use him enough to remember. Don't think he did.

StormC

Smash Hero
No one but Meta Knight had a unique victory theme in Brawl.

I could see it going either way. I'm not sure who'd they hire to remix a victory theme, and Ganondorf and Mewtwo can get away with using the ones from the series since they're fairly neutral sounding (same with Star Fox) but K. Rool would clash pretty strongly with the current DK victory unless he's like...completely cartoony and not sinister at all, like Dedede.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
A remixed version of the intro to his main theme would be my guess if it were to happen, which I think is very plausible considering Dark Pit (a character who was once a costume) got one.

Which brings up another question, do you guys think that we'll get a new remix of his main theme when/if he's included; or at the very least his themes from DKC 2 + 3?

StormC

Smash Hero
Which brings up another question, do you guys think that we'll get a new remix of his main theme when/if he's included; or at the very least his themes from DKC 2 + 3?
Only if we get a stage. We haven't had solitary music DLC yet.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Looking at that picture again (Master K. Bison? I guess that works) I'm wondering if I should have had his toes tearing through the end of the boots...oh well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am surprised that PETA hasn't attacked Smash Bros yet... especially now when Duck Hunt is playable...
I remember this was one of the overused arguments the detractors used against Duck Hunt Dog. I kept telling them that Duck Hunt Dog is a cartoon dog so he can be subjected to violence... it wasn't like he was a real life puppy like Nintendogs.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
PETA is a living breathing example of a scumbag company.

People think EA is bad, look at PETA and their shoddy(wrong) ripoffs of Nintendo games and their downright insulting statement when Iwata died.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
PETA is a living breathing example of a scumbag company.

People think EA is bad, look at PETA and their shoddy(wrong) ripoffs of Nintendo games and their downright insulting statement when Iwata died.
This is hardly the most noteworthy thing about a company that kills most of the animals they take in, since they can't house 'em all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Holy **** that PETA stuff escalated quickly.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember this was one of the overused arguments the detractors used against Duck Hunt Dog. I kept telling them that Duck Hunt Dog is a cartoon dog so he can be subjected to violence... it wasn't like he was a real life puppy like Nintendogs.
This just reminds me of when "Nintendogs haven't been seen as an AT yet so Sakurai could totally be adding them as a character guys."

That victory theme discussion makes me think...what sort of 'tone' do you think a playable K. Rool would have? Straight-up evil? Insane? Comical? A mix? It's worth discussing, since straight-up evil and/or comical could overlap with the two existing Trouble Kings somewhat, and really upping his craziness could set him apart more.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This just reminds me of when "Nintendogs haven't been seen as an AT yet so Sakurai could totally be adding them as a character guys."

That victory theme discussion makes me think...what sort of 'tone' do you think a playable K. Rool would have? Straight-up evil? Insane? Comical? A mix? It's worth discussing, since straight-up evil and/or comical could overlap with the two existing Trouble Kings somewhat, and really upping his craziness could set him apart more.
I kind of want a comical approach to him since in most of his appearances, if not all, he's been this weird, wacky character. Then again Wario is already that. Don't see why we can't have another wacky villain.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I have a question that's been on my mind for a while. Do y'all think that K. Rool's trailer will have any CG like Ryu's did, or be 100% gameplay?
Personally, I hope there is CG just to have some hype buildup to his splash screen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

perhaps some crazy if he was straight-up evil it would make him seem bland in smash.
I have a question that's been on my mind for a while. Do y'all think that K. Rool's trailer will have any CG like Ryu's did, or be 100% gameplay?
Personally, I hope there is CG just to have some hype buildup to his splash screen.
they didn't with mewtwo or anyone else that much so i think it will just be brief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's at least going to be like Lucas' trailer, with the hype built up at the beginning.
Mewtwo's was... quick. Just the eye and then... Mewtwo.
Then again, they announced Mewtwo two moths before the trailer, so they didn't really have to build up the surprise...

But overall, I WISH he gets CGI for his trailer, but if not, I hope it at least builds up hype at the beginning.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i'd love for him to get a CGI trailer but i seriously doubt it since the majority of DLC so far hasn't.(supposedly RYU got a very tiny bit of something in the beginning of his?)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
i'd love for him to get a CGI trailer but i seriously doubt it since the majority of DLC so far hasn't.(supposedly RYU got a very tiny bit of something in the beginning of his?)
It was actually just his in-game model with the camera positioned to a front shot.

It's a homage to the opening of Super Street Fighter II~

I doubt K. Rool will get a CGI trailer, as cool as that would be.

It would have to be done well in advance, y'know?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I'm pretty sure K. Rool is getting in unless Sakurai has some silly reason to not want him in like he does with Ridley.

He's stubborn like that.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone mind getting that Iwata ribbon everyone seems to have in their profile real quick? I feel kind of inconsiderate not having it there.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Someone mind getting that Iwata ribbon everyone seems to have in their profile real quick? I feel kind of inconsiderate not having it there.
Talk to @N3ON.

Y'know, it'll be interesting to see, if K. Rool is added, how Sakurai designs him.

I get the feeling we'll either be collectively dead-on accurate or totally off the mark.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Now that just ain't nice. And they are supposed to be supporting animals...

Man, on another note, the wait for August is almost over. Can't wait to see the next Direct!
Slightly unrelated, but I can't wait for august because of the huge DLC update Splatoon is getting. I'm hoping for more news about the new character some fans speculate we may be getting.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Warning Received
New character? You mean for Splatoon?
Nintendo of Japan tweeted about the august update with a concept art picture of the Octolings without their goggles. This is kind of weird seeing as the Octolings never appear in-game without their goggles. In game however, taking off their goggles in-game reveals that Octolings have the same eyes as the Inklings, with the only difference in models being the hair. It seems odd that Nintendo would tweet out this picture of Octolings with a promotion of the August update. Some fans have taken this as a hint that we may be getting playable Octolings for online play. Enough people have asked for it on Miiverse, so even if it doesn't happen in August, Nintendo has to know that fans want it.

Then I shall. So what is with this update Someguyyoulikelydontknow said about?
Come August, Splatoon is getting a huge Update a la Team Fortress 2 style complete with new clothes, maps, gamemodes, and weapons. Some fans even speculate that we may get an alt skin for the Inklings during online play.

StormC

Smash Hero
CGI trailers just aren't on the table at this point. They take too much time and money to create. It's sad, but that's life.

As long as his personality still shines through in the trailer, I'll be content.

I want a mix of sinister and comedic. I think the design is too colorful and humorous for him to be a 100% wicked guy compared to someone like Ganondorf, but I would love for him to be a character that terrifies you one second and makes you laugh the next. I'm gonna guess he'll be somewhere on the spectrum of Dedede and Bowser, probably leaning more towards Dedede. Buffoonish, but mean.

He'd be truly the first downright insane character in Smash. Unpredictable, irrational, and crazy. I have my doubts Sakurai would care enough about the character to fully capitalize on that, but I dearly hope I'm proven wrong.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I want K Rool's personality trait in smash to be completely, irredeemably psychotic . Have random twitches in his movements to show of his nature. He should also have his comedic elements as well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Come August, Splatoon is getting a huge Update a la Team Fortress 2 style complete with new clothes, maps, gamemodes, and weapons. Some fans even speculate that we may get an alt skin for the Inklings during online play.
I see. So how is Splatoon compared to Team Fortress 2? Just curious.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Slightly unrelated, but I can't wait for august because of the huge DLC update Splatoon is getting. I'm hoping for more news about the new character some fans speculate we may be getting.
If we get a character reveal in August, I'm like 99% sure its Wolf.

New character? You mean for Splatoon?
UPDATE: I took the time to find the Japanese tweet and put it through a couple of different English translators. While the English was slightly broken each time, each translated work gave roughly the same message:

"This picture was sent to [the research lab]. Seems [???]. Doesn't this look like someone you've seen before? I wonder if this was sent by mistake. Looks good, and maybe a bit different. Oh!..."

Now that seems like a VERY suspect comment. What do you think? Playable Octolings?

Top Bottom