• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
3, though he only has personality in one, Minish Cap. Vaati is just an eldritch abomination in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. Honestly, the real main antagonist of Four Swords Adventures is really Shadow Link, Vaati is kind of just there, and isn't even the final boss. (F***, GANON has more personality in FSA than Vaati).

Vaati has been in three games, but people most want Vaati for his appearance in Minish Cap, really, which covers his origins and backstory and makes him more likeable.
I want Vaati for being a ****ing wind mage. That **** cool.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Damn, now every time I go to the kitchen to eat a banana, I always hear the "Ooooo, banana" sound file from DK64 in my head, which you hear upon discovery of a new golden banana. Every single time.

Thanks Kutthroats. Bananas will never be the same to me ever again.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, this is a personal problem for me, but I wanted to ask if any other Kutthroats were dealing with this: Is anyone else having trouble imagining a good looking render in Smash for K. Rool? I don't doubt Sakurai's genius for a moment, and I think that if K. Rool is lined up for this game via DLC, his render will look magnificent. That said, I can envision renders of other newcomers I want with relative ease, but for K. rool, I just have a hard time imagining his stubby legs, big body, kooky red eye, and other extremities looking decent in Smash. Anyone else have this problem?

*edit* I actually found a fan render online that I think looks alright, if polished up for Smash 4.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So, this is a personal problem for me, but I wanted to ask if any other Kutthroats were dealing with this: Is anyone else having trouble imagining a good looking render in Smash for K. Rool? I don't doubt Sakurai's genius for a moment, and I think that if K. Rool is lined up for this game via DLC, his render will look magnificent. That said, I can envision renders of other newcomers I want with relative ease, but for K. rool, I just have a hard time imagining his stubby legs, big body, kooky red eye, and other extremities looking decent in Smash. Anyone else have this problem?
Nope.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't. Personally I'd give him his Paon proportions, golden belly, big crown, and a tail for a nice blend of Paon and Rare. Paon I like more because it's charming and the face is more expressive. He NEEDS his tail though, for me. The golden belly (which we now know is just armor anyway) would also be a nice throughback to Rare. It will be interesting to see what Sakurai goes with though, but I imagine he will go full Paon, which I don't mind, I'd just be sad to not see a tail.

StormC

Smash Hero
Smashified's does the job for me:

For the Rare design, @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool 's avatar does a pretty good job imagining it.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Damn, now every time I go to the kitchen to eat a banana, I always hear the "Ooooo, banana" sound file from DK64 in my head, which you hear upon discovery of a new golden banana. Every single time.

Thanks Kutthroats. Bananas will never be the same to me ever again.
Honestly, if that starts happening to me, i would just make me want to eat more bananas.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

*edit* I actually found a fan render online that I think looks alright, if polished up for Smash 4.
Personally I'm thinking a hybrid design like the Smashified render, but I still think that he'll have his right hand behind him holding up his blunderbuss with his left holding out his clawed hand.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Here's a nice rendition of Snakey Chantey on piano by a guy who's never heard the tune before.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since it was brought up a few pages back that K. Rool fans have been too quick to discuss detractor arguments (I stand by us not considering relevance to be a factor, let alone the end-all be-all, until Sakurai provided supporting evidence), here are a few I stumbled upon while browsing 4chan.

--People only want him because he's a villain and they want to fill imaginary quotas.
--Name one personality trait he has other than "evil."
--He's a meme character pushed by "Ridley***s."
--No one cared about him until the ballot started and no one will care after the ballot.

Anyone want to take a crack at these?
People love playing as the villain as the villains usually are charming in their own way, we only have Bowser, Bowser Jr and Ganondorf, the others are either anti-heroes, heroes or neutral. We have more than 50 characters with more on the way too!
Everyone said it perfectly, he's a goofy, sadistic and charming villain. Tell me, outside of 'dumb blonde' what's Peach's personality?
If so, then that begs the question: Although Ridley is still very popular, surpringly enough in Japan aswell, how come K.Rool was always more popular?
No one wanted Mewtwo before they found out Lucario came back, no one wanted Mega Man until Capcom locked him in their chamber, no one wanted :4feroy: until :4roy: was revealed amiright?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I was chatting with someone the other day, and we talked about K.Rool's Slugger design, and we came to the realization of something: His design is due to game constraints! I mean, think about it, K.Rool is already the biggest/one of the biggest characters in the game with just his body, and you know what the challenge with that is? he already has a massive hitbox, which determines whether or not he gets hit by the ball when batting, and you know what his cape and tail would have done? nearly doubled that hitbox, and provided an animating nightmare. so that's why, and also his tail may be in his wraps

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, the PAON design definitely lacks a tail; you can see it clear as day in Barrel Blast and the Smash trophies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
For me, it's not so much imagining a render for K. Rool, it's imagining how he's gonna look onstage in his idle animation and stuff. @CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 did a good mock-up a while back, but even there, certain details of him feel smaller than what they could be in game, like his belly and limbs. Also, the DK in that comparison looks a bit smaller than the Smash one, so a size comparison between the two is tough for me to imagine as well. I don't doubt it could "work," to borrow a classic TooBigot phrase, but it's not something that just pops effortlessly into my mind either.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
The King's complete legacy is now entirely available on the Wii-u in NA(well other than DKL but that's on 3DS)
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238986-north-america-dk-jungle-climber-slated-for-wii-u-vc-tomorrow
North America - DK Jungle Climber slated for Wii U VC tomorrow
22 July, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 0
Spin, Swing, and Fling Yourself into Adventure!
King K. Rool™ is up to no good again, and it's up to Donkey Kong™ to swing into action. Using a simple control scheme that makes the game fun and easy to play, players of all skill levels can swing and climb to new heights.
Donkey Kong and his friends decide to take a well-earned vacation at the beautiful Sun Sun Island. After enjoying a splash in the ocean, a hungry Donkey Kong and his friends see a massive banana floating atop a mountain. Without hesitation, they race off for the mountaintop, wondering what kind of adventure they'll find! Play as Donkey Kong, or choose to play as Diddy Kong™ in Adventure mode. Players can look forward to new moves, new items, and a bunch of mini-games that are sure to make them go bananas!

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Xa0YAXm9S_tEzs80av_qC7c-U5HyY_uQ

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to try them but I'm still deciding if I buy DK King of Swing & DK Jungle Climber right away.

I'm aware they aren't no Country or Jungle Beat, but it still looks interesting to play.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The King's complete legacy is now entirely available on the Wii-u in NA(well other than DKL but that's on 3DS)
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238986-north-america-dk-jungle-climber-slated-for-wii-u-vc-tomorrow
Not only that... THEY F***ING LISTED HIS NAME AS TRADEMARKED! Like, what?! You don't mark a name as trademarked unless you plan to market it. Seriously, that's EPIC. (Keep in mind, its not a REGISTERED trademark; but still, I don't recall any past VC having a trademark symbol next to K. Rool's name.)

D

Deleted member

Not only that... THEY F***ING LISTED HIS NAME AS TRADEMARKED! Like, what?! You don't mark a name as trademarked unless you plan to market it. Seriously, that's EPIC. (Keep in mind, its not a REGISTERED trademark; but still, I don't recall any past VC having a trademark symbol next to K. Rool's name.)
I'm sorry to ask, but what significance has King K. Rool's name beign trademarked?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Stubby legs, big body? If :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4wario:, and:4bowser: can pull it off then K. Rool shouldn't be a problem.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sorry to ask, but what significance has King K. Rool's name beign trademarked?
Again, its not like its a registered trademark or anything. But what a trademark does is it says YOU own that name. They don't want other people using the name because they want to market it. K. Rool hasn't been relevant since 2008, why bother marking it as a trademark simply for a VC release? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall his name being listed with a trademark symbol in past releases.

Now, if his name had been officially registered as a trademark, we would've known already because someone would've found it. Registering a trademark is when you officially file it with the government. It just makes the government more likely to favor you in a court case, but as long as there's reasonable proof the trademark belongs to you, you don't have to officially register the name.

EDIT: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/UmLUMrrxLgdj9i5t0G-AqKZAYvLe8gG3

K. Rool's name isn't listed with a trademark here, though neither is Donkey Kong.

EDIT 2: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/-L-sytPSngSbZEEkyksX6NLu75c8srJS

In DK64, ALL THE KONGS have TM listed after the name, but K. Rool doesn't.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
While it may seem like we're grasping at straws, K. Rool's name hasn't been trademarked until now. The timing is fishy, to say the least. Maybe they're gearing up for his official Amiibo? This is certainly an interesting development either way you look at it.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
WOW! That is crazy!!!! King K. Rool IS TRADEMARKED in King Of Swing, but not the others...omg what does this mean...O.o...? K. Rool Amiibo...don't get me all excited...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Again, its not like its a registered trademark or anything. But what a trademark does is it says YOU own that name. They don't want other people using the name because they want to market it. K. Rool hasn't been relevant since 2008, why bother marking it as a trademark simply for a VC release? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall his name being listed with a trademark symbol in past releases.

Now, if his name had been officially registered as a trademark, we would've known already because someone would've found it. Registering a trademark is when you officially file it with the government. It just makes the government more likely to favor you in a court case, but as long as there's reasonable proof the trademark belongs to you, you don't have to officially register the name.

EDIT: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/UmLUMrrxLgdj9i5t0G-AqKZAYvLe8gG3

K. Rool's name isn't listed with a trademark here, though neither is Donkey Kong.

EDIT 2: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/-L-sytPSngSbZEEkyksX6NLu75c8srJS

In DK64, ALL THE KONGS have TM listed after the name, but K. Rool doesn't.
This is REALLY strange. Is it Normal for Nintendo to be inconsistent with their trademark labeling in their other series available on the eshop?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
When you look at most of the other DK games, his name is K. Rool and it is not Trademarked on any of them, but King Of Swing says King K. Rool which is not Trademarked either...hmmmm. Maybe something is happening behind closed doors....for them to just now Trademark his name on Jungle Climber...

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
This is an interesting development! King K. Rool for Smash!

(I can't get over how much I love this picture)

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Has anyone else had a super disappointing dream where you wake up to discover K. Rool and Dixie on the Smash Bros homepage just to realize you're only dreaming?

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Has anyone else had a super disappointing dream where you wake up to discover K. Rool and Dixie on the Smash Bros homepage just to realize you're only dreaming?
I've had a few of those. A few time or two it was k. rool. Other times were in early 2014 i dreamt jigglypuff & Mewtwo were announced. THat dream ended up being true later 2014 lol.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
One of the reasons i want K.Rool it will be so funny and cool to actually replay the DKC1 boss fight in smash.
Set the damage to sudden death.
Have K.Rool stand at one side of the stage and DK and Or diddy at the other.

Have the K.Rool throw the krown and the monkey whoever it is has to jump over and run ro K.Rool footstool him.

Lmao if the krown hits u its a 1HKO lol omg....plz do this now!
If he gets revealed some1 fo it plz and post it here.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I've had a K. Rool confirmation trailer dream before. That was a terribly disappointing morning, lol.

Top Bottom