• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

I'm curious about something:

How many of you would be totally content with Smash if K. Rool was added? I know @ StormC StormC said he'd never need to get emotionally invested in speculation again, so I'm curious as to how much of a relief it'd be for the rest of all y'all if K. Rool made the cut this time.
I'd be content and feel the roster is just about done.

I still think there are a few characters who could be worth adding imo. Wolf, Rayman, Bomberman, Snake (I know, both unlikely) perhaps Ganon, otherwise a reworked Ganondorf, Captain Toad, Inlkings(5?), maybe Dixie but K.Rool is the main one.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that actively campaigning against a character like that will influence Nintendo's decisions in any way. Or why they can't see that what they're doing is downright immature.
Yeah people aren't mature and just don't think, hypocritical really. It's a shame because I'm sure there are some good Smash fans out there on Gamefaqs who you can have a good discussion with but the utter garbage some people post really turns me off.

I'm not a fan of Roy and to a lesser extent, Lucas. Didn't think Roy was necessary tbh, but that doesn't mean I trolled the fanbase to high heaven and said that their votes for him were pissing in the wind. When he was revealed I said, cool, congrats to his fans, enjoy and moved on.

Man, it's gonna be great if K. Rool is confirmed. PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD, PARTY HARD~!

What's the first thing you'll do if he's revealed? ;3
Will message my friends who I play Smash with and type "THE KING IS BACK" with a picture of our King in Smash attached.

Also come along here and celebrate with you all :)

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know I'm a little late on the subject, but King K. Rool and Rayman are the only characters that I truly want to see appear in Smash. Everyone else is just icing on the cake.
Rayman was a favorite of mine back in my childhood. I had a lot of memories playing Rayman 2 on the N64 and love Origins and Legends. It wasn't until the trophy and leak that I started to realize he actually had a chance, so I decided to join Smashboards to support the limbless hero.
However, out of all the games that I had experienced in my childhood, my fondest memories came directly from Donkey Kong 64. People may have hated the game for its focus on collecting, but I absolutely adored it. There's a sense of satisfaction from getting a rating of 101% that a lot of games these days lack. Not to mention, it's imaginative hub world makes it a joy to explore. Sure, the game was a little too easy and had WAY too many minigames, but at the end of the day, DK64 was such a blast that I couldn't care less.
The game introduced me to the Kremling King himself. When I first played the game, I was shocked at how intimidating his voice and design were. Then, when I learned of his plans of destroying DK Isle with the Blast-o-Matic, I realized he was MUCH more sinister and diabolical villain than Bowser ever was, and I loved him for that.
To this day, DK64 is the only DK game that I have played that features King K. Rool. Since my knowledge on him is pretty limited, I'm not really active on this thread. I also find the Banjo games to be superior compared to DK64 due to the lack of minigames.
That said, I would be lying if I said I don't want to see K. Rool in Smash. The fact that he's the main villain of the DK franchise is enough reason to include him. Besides, I would definitely welcome a character that ISN'T an anime boy with a sword.
The fact that K. Rool basically has this in the bag makes me pretty giddy to see him finally return. If the Kremling King makes the cut, it'll be all because of this thread's efforts to get Nintendo to notice the King.
At the end of the day, I am both a Kutthroat and an Electoon. Although the majority of my time here on Smashboards is in the Rayman thread, I just want to let you guys know that I'm rooting for you to win and finish this fight. Good luck, Kutthroats.
#KrocTheVote
DK64 Easy? Are u for Real br0?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good day, guys! For your entertainment, I have cooked up something for you all. It is a looped version of our Kutthroat initiation song, "One Of Us", playing for up to 15 minutes. Here it is.

I had some trouble uploading this on Youtube, so I hope you can see it. If you can, enjoy!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
People said Lord Frederick, a one time villain and basically a K. Rool clone, would be a better choice than King K. Rool himself as a DK rep. What are they taking?
Weed, son. Weed. This is why you don't do drugs.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think K.Rool will come with a stage, guys?

I personally don't know, I think Ryu had one only because he is from a new series, not because he is a newcomer.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Prior to this, I really only wanted Ridley, but sadly he's not happening for this game (maybe, unless Sakurai surprises us, which he can).
I had a dream the other day where Sakurai announced that, staying true to his word that everything from here on would be fanservice, he actually found a way for Ridley to work in Smash 4, and that we'd get him for DLC.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I don't think 5mash's roster is in danger of people losing interest. Even if it lacks the immediate star power of guys like Mega Man, Mewtwo and K. Rool, it's very easy to add ~15 new characters just based on what we know right now without it feeling forced. That's not accounting for either new characters or characters that could make a comeback in the public eye; Inkling's reveal in 5mash (betting money on them being the first character revealed) will probably generate hype comparable to Smash 4's best.

If literally all we get in Smash 4 DLC are Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac, I'd bet Ridley, Captain Toad, Dixie, Inkling, and a new Pokemon and third party character would be able to do a ton of the heavy lifting when it comes to hype drivers. Then you have your Corrins, your Ice Climbers and your Bandana Dees, guys that will please the dedicated internet fans.
After Phil Spencers comment about DLC for Smash 4, someone speculated that Banjo & Kazooie were a potential third party newcomer for Smash 5. THAT would generate some pretty big hype. Maybe not as much as Snake or Megaman, but that convention hall would surely be roaring with fan hype.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I think it comes from the fact that I have replayed the game like 4 times already.
Speaking of which, how difficult do you guys consider DK64 to be?
With enough practice, eh, not so much. I found the difficulty the right challenge, but yet a little easy if you know what you are doing. The game is insanely large due to how much collectables are in the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Do you think K.Rool will come with a stage, guys?

I personally don't know, I think Ryu had one only because he is from a new series, not because he is a newcomer.
I don't think so. Stages seem VERY limited compared to characters for DLC, since what we're getting so far are either old stages or hazardless stages with simple layouts. Ryu being bundled with Suzaku Castle makes me think Sakurai did that to create a full package for a new franchise representation.

Which makes me think any new series that isn't Golden Sun (and even that is arguable) might have more roadblocks when being added as DLC since Sakurai probably would want to create a stage as well.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I think it comes from the fact that I have replayed the game like 4 times already.
For me, DK64 is a one and done deal. Maybe I'll pick it up again from time to time, but only for a few minutes. It's not a very hard game, but it does turn into a snorefest after a while. If it wasn't for the music and excellent final battle with K. Rool to look forward to, I may not have ever finished it.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I think this would be the perfect size for king k rool. make him the biggest character ever playable in smash brothers but at a reasonable size. I think this size would be perfect for him!

D

Deleted member

@ StormC StormC I think King K. Rool is going to show up eventually especially if we're expecting Dixie Kong to be added. I am nearly certain King K. Rool is returning to the DK franchise with or without a Smash appearance so even if he fails, there's probably going to be another chance for him in the next Smash game.
@Fuzzy Pickles! that's...an interesting thing to think about. With K. Rool in will any character have Mewtwo/Ridley/Rool level of fans? Possibly, this is Smash we're talking about, but most of the series long fans are getting older. A lot of us are just exhausted from the constant speculation, the stuff of legend that arguably contributes most to Smash's popularity. If K. Rool gets in and ESPECIALLY if Ridley gets in I simply won't care about roster speculation anymore, there's nothing more I could ask for and would be okay to lukewarm to anyone else.
I don't think there will ever be a character again that will reach the heights of the many pre-Brawl fan bases or for a Smash 4 equivalent; Mewtwo, Mega Man, K. Rool, or Ridley. There are certainly character that could reach them; I've already mentioned that Isaac, Krystal, and Bomberman could reach those heights, but I seriously doubt they will. Even if they were, it would be after the ballot is over and I doubt popularity will be considered outside the ballot for the next Smash game. If there is another Smash, it's really just a waiting game that we can't do much about. Now is the time where our voice matters.
I don't think 5mash's roster is in danger of people losing interest. Even if it lacks the immediate star power of guys like Mega Man, Mewtwo and K. Rool, it's very easy to add ~15 new characters just based on what we know right now without it feeling forced. That's not accounting for either new characters or characters that could make a comeback in the public eye; Inkling's reveal in 5mash (betting money on them being the first character revealed) will probably generate hype comparable to Smash 4's best.

If literally all we get in Smash 4 DLC are Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac, I'd bet Ridley, Captain Toad, Dixie, Inkling, and a new Pokemon and third party character would be able to do a ton of the heavy lifting when it comes to hype drivers. Then you have your Corrins, your Ice Climbers and your Bandana Dees, guys that will please the dedicated internet fans.
We're not getting all of them. Ridley, Captain Toad, and likely Dixie Kong are going to be crossed off any roster as long as Sakurai (or a director with similar mindsets) has significant influence on the roster. A Pokemon newcomer is inevitable but most people are just going to want their veterans back and cutting any of them is going to be painful for many fans. Inklings will create a decent amount of hype but not on the same level as the mighty pre-Brawl fan bases did or would have had they got in. Keep in mind the game is on the Wii U and that limits its potential fan base (but maybe sequels will change my mind). I highly doubt we are getting a new third-party character next game because there are no good cards left to play so at best I see Snake returning. Ice Climbers are the only characters that would generate massive hype and be plausible, but there's always Melee, Brawl, and Project M for them. Most of the rest will be of a far lower class of Nintendo characters and if recency is a large factor again, the next game will struggle to break more than twelve additions (not newcomers, additions).

Along with cuts likely being more severe than last game and it is virtually ensured that there will be less hype for the next Smash game than Brawl or Smash 3DS & Wii U. Likely Melee as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley, Captain Toad, and likely Dixie Kong are going to be crossed off any roster as long as Sakurai (or a director with similar mindsets) has significant influence on the roster.
Why are you so quick to cross off Captain Toad and Dixie? Hell, Dixie was even planned for Brawl and it's unlikely that Sakurai was aware of Tropical Freeze when making character selections. If he was, I would be very confident that Dixie would in the base game.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
@ StormC StormC Ridley, Captain Toad, and likely Dixie Kong are going to be crossed off any roster as long as Sakurai (or a director with similar mindsets) has significant influence on the roster.
You can't cross out any characters for the next Smash, even if Sakurai said their impossible, he did the same for Villager during Brawl day, and look where he is now. Also, like StormC said:
Why are you so quick to cross off Captain Toad and Dixie? Hell, Dixie was even planned for Brawl and it's unlikely that Sakurai was aware of Tropical Freeze when making character selections. If he was, I would be very confident that Dixie would in the base game.
Plus, now one is able to predict Sakurai, so even if he gets a significant influence on the roster, nothing is impossible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai had two chances to add Toad; Brawl and this game. He did not so it's safe to assume that Sakurai doesn't deem Toad worthy as a fighter. If Sakurai doesn't see Toad as worthy, what makes Captain Toad any different when he's a much less iconic version of Toad?

Dixie Kong being planned for Brawl doesn't mean much; all we know is that she was planned as a tag team to Diddy and then got dropped once technical problems came in. The fact she wasn't in Smash 4 makes me think Sakurai may not see her as a character that stands out. So no, Dixie Kong would not have been likely for the base game had Sakurai been aware of Tropical Freeze when the roster got decided. Remember, we got a Yoshi's Woolly World stage over one for Tropical Freeze (and no new Metroid Prime content); not exactly a sign of interest in the DK franchise. But to be fair, there is an off-chance Sakurai has a change of heart in regards to Dixie Kong midway through Smash 4's development so that's the only one of the three I could see myself being wrong on having a bias against.

Ridley and Toad, however, will simply not get in if Sakurai has anything to say about it. The only way they may ever get a chance is if a new director steps in and happens to see them as playable in a more optimistic light.
You can't cross out any characters for the next Smash, even if Sakurai said their impossible, he did the same for Villager during Brawl day, and look where he is now.
Not quite the same situation. Villager got added because Sakurai dropped his stance that characters had to be fighter-like (I think) to get in. Sakurai doesn't see Ridley as feasible at all and it's a stance he has maintained throughout Brawl and this game. Not only is it not the same situation, it's clear Sakurai has a much more concrete non-playable stance on Ridley.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Not quite the same situation. Villager got added because Sakurai dropped his stance that characters had to be fighter-like (I think) to get in. Sakurai doesn't see Ridley as feasible at all and it's a stance he has maintained throughout Brawl and this game. Not only is it not the same situation, it's clear Sakurai has a much more concrete non-playable stance on Ridley.
My point wasn't that it is the same situation, but rather that Sakurai is an unpredictable man that could change is view on certain characters. This is maybe a stretch, but it's possible that he's article about Ridley isn't really what he think about him. It's however true that Ridley (and Toad) chances are much higher if he the next director isn't Sakurai, which is quite likely at this point. I don't believe that's it's the end of it thought. But you may be right and I could be wrong. That, only the future can tell.

StormC

Smash Hero
what makes Captain Toad any different when he's a much less iconic version of Toad?
Because he's a specific character and not a drone, along with (somewhat) more potential for a fighter that isn't just pulling Karts and stuff out of hammerspace, with his own game. It definitely puts him on the radar more than just plain old Toad. As for being iconic, all he really needs to be is a Toad, period, same with Yoshi. Most people aren't gonna lose sleep over which is which.

Dixie Kong being planned for Brawl doesn't mean much; all we know is that she was planned as a tag team to Diddy and then got dropped once technical problems came in. The fact she wasn't in Smash 4 makes me think Sakurai may not see her as a character that stands out. So no, Dixie Kong would not have been likely for the base game had Sakurai been aware of Tropical Freeze when the roster got decided. Remember, we got a Yoshi's Woolly World stage over one for Tropical Freeze (and no new Metroid Prime content); not exactly a sign of interest in the DK franchise. But to be fair, there is an off-chance Sakurai has a change of heart in regards to Dixie Kong midway through Smash 4's development so that's the only one of the three I could see myself being wrong on having a bias against.
But we don't know when Woolly World was added as a stage. It could have been relatively late in development. Not to mention stages come after characters in development. We know the roster for Smash 4 was finalized by May 2012, with the latest confirmation of a game being involved in the roster was Pokemon XY (October 2013), which only had a VERY minimal effect; literally all Sakurai got was a sketch of Greninja. Saying it wouldn't have affected Dixie's chances at all (being a main character of a recent mainline release, something that put guys like Little Mac and Palutena in the forefront), a character we already know was on Sakurai's radar during Brawl, in addition to the emphasis on female fighters in this game, strikes me as hard to believe.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My hope is that Sakurai and co. sees a slew of ballots talking about how K. Rool should have a Gangplank Galleon stage and that "Donkey Kong is more than just monkeys in jungles," a few of which came from the write-ups I helped cousins write, and puts said galleon in the game as a result (and has David Wise compose a track or two as a bonus). I don't think it's impossible, but it probably wouldn't be a complex stage if the other DLC ones are any indication, and may not happen at all if only new series get new stages.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have a fan-art request. I want a picture of the Kremling Skull flag (Black flag with white cross bones and Kremling Skull) but the difference I want K. Rool's Skull over the generic Kremling.

Gonna try to get more banners out in Big Tournaments.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Since it was brought up a few pages back that K. Rool fans have been too quick to discuss detractor arguments (I stand by us not considering relevance to be a factor, let alone the end-all be-all, until Sakurai provided supporting evidence), here are a few I stumbled upon while browsing 4chan.

--People only want him because he's a villain and they want to fill imaginary quotas.
--Name one personality trait he has other than "evil."
--He's a meme character pushed by "Ridley***s."
--No one cared about him until the ballot started and no one will care after the ballot.

Anyone want to take a crack at these?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
--People only want him because he's a villain and they want to fill imaginary quotas.
--No one cared about him until the ballot started and no one will care after the ballot.

--Popularity certainly doesn't factor in here. /s
--Silly. Comical evil(come on, boxing gloves and costumes)
-- d0b326f50875.png
--Man, all that support really didn't happen back there during 2012-14, you can tell. /s

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Since it was brought up a few pages back that K. Rool fans have been too quick to discuss detractor arguments (I stand by us not considering relevance to be a factor, let alone the end-all be-all, until Sakurai provided supporting evidence), here are a few I stumbled upon while browsing 4chan.

It is just people being envious and attempting to troll facts about K. Rool being popular. He is winning right now, and people who didn't vote, or don't know him want a way to bash him.

Ignore the flock as if they were children wanting attention. It is as simple as that. Remember, Envy is an insult to them, not us.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

1) Being a villain is one of the reasons, and an absolutely legitimate one at that. Loads of people like villains; you don't really get to play as them in other games, they often play quite differently, and have an entirely different aesthetic. There is a reason that Bowser was most requested in Melee, and Ganondorf also very highly so.

However, another reason is all that's really needed to dismiss a quota argument. Reasons which have been discussed to death here, such as attachment to the DK franchise and in particular K Rool, and a perceived enjoyable moveset. I imagine there's a split at least here; many are strongly attached to DKC but others such as myself just genuinely think K Rool would be a ton of fun.

2) Cunning, Psychotic, Inventive

3) K Rool was the 2nd biggest character on this board before Ridley was deconfirmed. Naturally the deconfirmation of Ridley means some of his fans are now rooting for Rool but this is hardly exclusive to K Rool. Indeed, if all the Ridley fans had suddenly moved to K Rool we'd have a lot more posts here. They've moved onto 2nd characters, whomever they may be. As for a meme character, it is the haters of the character who try turn him into a meme with their arguments, not the other way round.

4) King K Rool has been at or around the top of numerous character polls done yearly before the ballot, and was noted by Sakurai pre Brawl. His popularity has been one of the most notably consistent preballot, as he's always been highly requested as opposed to one of the silent fanbases who've suddenly become more active since the ballot gives their character more of a perceived chance.

As for once the ballot is done, we can easily see who cares about him by seeing how many people buy him. ;)

StormC

Smash Hero
Other people have already responded, but I wanted to put in my own two cents.

People love the opportunity to play as the bad guy in video games. It's a rare role reversal, especially in Nintendo games, and a crossover game should be fair play to capitalize on that. Additionally, K. Rool isn't just any villain, he's the most recurring, iconic, and beloved Nintendo villain not already a fighter by a pretty significant margin. In a game of 50+ characters that has, at best, around half a dozen genuine villains (with only Bowser Jr. being the new villain added to the game), it isn't a lot to ask for one more, especially when it's only one of many aspects of K. Rool that is appealing as a Smash fighter.

Sadistic. Cunning. Buffoonish. Underhanded. Persistent. Self-destructive. Why is the light being shined so heavily on a platforming game boss's personality? Are you going to tell me that Mario and Bowser have deep, complex characterizations that make them fit to be Smash fighters, or is it that people enjoy them because of their character designs and gameplay roles?

Ridley and K. Rool fans have historically always had huge overlap. The vast majority that supports one supports the other (at least in western circles; K. Rool manages to still be a popular request in Japan despite general indifference to Ridley, proving this wrong even further). When you support one character, it isn't unreasonable by any means that you would support another character as well who shares a lot of the same appeal. Liking one character doesn't make it mutually exclusive to like others.

K. Rool has been one of the top requests for Smash since the Melee era, and each game his support has grown stronger. Sakurai himself acknowledged his requests as a playable fighter in Brawl's journal. The more K. Rool is excluded from both Donkey Kong and Super Smash Bros., the more fans keep requesting him. The ballot simply gave the character a position to be put directly into Sakurai's hands.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1) Being a villain is one of the reasons, and an absolutely legitimate one at that. Loads of people like villains; you don't really get to play as them in other games, they often play quite differently, and have an entirely different aesthetic. There is a reason that Bowser was most requested in Melee, and Ganondorf also very highly so.

However, another reason is all that's really needed to dismiss a quota argument. Reasons which have been discussed to death here, such as attachment to the DK franchise and in particular K Rool, and a perceived enjoyable moveset. I imagine there's a split at least here; many are strongly attached to DKC but others such as myself just genuinely think K Rool would be a ton of fun.

2) Cunning, Psychotic, Inventive

3) K Rool was the 2nd biggest character on this board before Ridley was deconfirmed. Naturally the deconfirmation of Ridley means some of his fans are now rooting for Rool but this is hardly exclusive to K Rool. Indeed, if all the Ridley fans had suddenly moved to K Rool we'd have a lot more posts here. They've moved onto 2nd characters, whomever they may be. As for a meme character, it is the haters of the character who try turn him into a meme with their arguments, not the other way round.

4) King K Rool has been at or around the top of numerous character polls done yearly before the ballot, and was noted by Sakurai pre Brawl. His popularity has been one of the most notably consistent preballot, as he's always been highly requested as opposed to one of the silent fanbases who've suddenly become more active since the ballot gives their character more of a perceived chance.

As for once the ballot is done, we can easily see who cares about him by seeing how many people buy him. ;)
Ridley was my #1 and K.Rool was my 2nd.
They are other characters i want but they are kinda obscure/have no chance...plus i dont want any of then more than K Rool anyway so yeah when Ridley got deconfirmed this became my new home.

Many Ridley supporters are K Rool supporters too and vice versa its really nice to see 2 big alliances that were joint together instead of fighting each other for top dog.

NeverSayTooBig.png

Laniv

Smash Champion

1. People love to play as the villains. Remember back after Super Mario Land 2 came out and Wario was advertised prominently in every game he was in:

He was pretty much the Rosalina of his time:

2. Sadistic, goofy, persistent, loudmouthed, showboating, sneaky and underhanded (a contrast to Bowser, who fights his enemies on equal footing), cruel (it's right there in the name!)...

3. Most supporters of K. Rool tend to support Ridley as well. (You know what they say about lizards...)

4. People have wanted him since Melee, and it really started to get in motion post-Brawl.

Troykv

Smash Master
K. Rool is the character that will make the roster feels "complete" (He is the only character don't already in Smash that I consider a "deserved one"). But still I will continue looking this forum, the speculation...

And of course, I will continue with Micaiah Support! (The only character that I want with all my heart and my soul).

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

1. First, being a villain is a good reason alone. Playing as the villain is something you can't do often, so it's always more exciting (at least for me) than to play the hero. Also, K.Rool is requested for more than just that : he's iconic, is an heavyweight, he possesses a lot of potential, he would help an under-represented franchise to get justice and he's missed a lot by thousand of people.

2. Evil, goofy, insane, tyranic, [insert every other said above here (I'm to lazy)]

3. First, the people worthy to be called "Ridley***s" are a microscopic, if not inexistant population. Second, refering to a fanbase like this is stupid, immature, disrespectful and is a proof of weakness. Third, it's just happens that a lot of Ridley fans possess exquisite tastes that make them support K.Rool. Both have a lot of common point after all : they're both iconic reptilian villains from under-represented franchises that possess a lot of personnality and a lot of immature haters born from the envy of their huge popularity. K.Rool is far from being a meme like Shrek, Goku and Reckless Wiimote Guy.

4. Do I really need to explain this one? K.Rool was heavily supported before Smash 4 and Brawl, not only for those games, but to make his grandiose return in the main DK franchise as well. Even the current DK developpers, Retro, support him. How can people not care for him after that?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
K. Rool is the character that will make the roster feels "complete" (He is the only character don't already in Smash that I consider a "deserved one). But still I will continue looking this forum, the speculation...

And of course, I will continue with Micaiah Support! (The only character that I want with all my heart and my soul).
I agree wholeheartedly with this! Like most of the Kutthroats, King K. Rool has been my want and seemingly "need" since Melee. I feel like once he is in the game, this games' roster will have exactly what it needed.

1. A new villain
2. A new heavy-weight
3. Another DK rep

I was so disappointed when Mewtwo didn't make it into Brawl, due to him being my favorite character of all time in Smash. Now that he is back, it has me wanting the other "Big 2". We all know what happened to Ridley... I think K.Rool still has a great shot at having his finest hour and once that happens, I'll be completely content with the Smash roster for all time.

P.S. It would also be nice to have Snake come back...BUT YA KNO >....< ..when I really think about it...if King K. does get in, he could be a heavier/slower Snake altogether. I wouldn't mind that at all :D !

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I'm just reading these arguments and I am laughing at how desperate people who oppose K. Rool are to find reasons to bash him. Keep dreaming, he's popularity won't drop.

For me, it's a about the same as Super Mario 64 but harder because of how many times you have to explore the areas with each kong to find what you need to progress

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
1. People love to play as the villains. Remember back after Super Mario Land 2 came out and Wario was advertised prominently in every game he was in:

He was pretty much the Rosalina of his time:

2. Sadistic, goofy, persistent, loudmouthed, showboating, sneaky and underhanded (a contrast to Bowser, who fights his enemies on equal footing), cruel (it's right there in the name!)...

3. Most supporters of K. Rool tend to support Ridley as well. (You know what they say about lizards...)

4. People have wanted him since Melee, and it really started to get in motion post-Brawl.
Wario is love!
so k.rool !
...and ridley!

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
That lack of personality complaint is dumb. I'm playing a fighting game. I don't care what his personality in the DK games is like, I care about how he plays in Smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
If I had to estimate it, I'd say K. Rool was top 20/10/5/3 for Melee/Brawl/4/DLC in terms of popularity/requests.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Are you really trying to debunk 4chan arguments? They're obviously trolling. Anyways, King K. Rool is one of the DLC characters that I want that actually have a chance (poor Quote). I'm definetly a supporter

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That lack of personality complaint is dumb. I'm playing a fighting game. I don't care what his personality in the DK games is like, I care about how he plays in Smash.
"Lack of personality" WHAT!? K.Rool is the one reocurring Nintendo villian with the MOST personality outside of maybe Bowser and that's only thanks to the RPG games. Take out Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series and Bowser is about as interesting a bag of rocks. Ridley is interesting too if you know the lore and backstory. Ganondorf is kinda generic, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Yuga, Vaati, even Zant are far more interesting too bad their one and dones. Lord Frederick is just a King K.Nockoff, Tiki Tong is the equivalent to Master Hand/Crazy Hand which both are rip-offs of Andross. Andross and Wolf are interesting villians as well. But do they have more personality than K.Rool? Debatable...same with Medusa and Hades. Have they to appear in more games then yeah they'd probably dethrone K.Rool in the personality department. Who else am I missing? Black Shadow? HA! Mother Brain? Other M...that is all...The boxers from Punch-Out? They're stereotypes and while they're stereotypes are personified I don't really view them as "villians". I also don't consider Wario and Dedede as villians either.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
"Lack of personality" WHAT!? K.Rool is the one reocurring Nintendo villian with the MOST personality outside of maybe Bowser and that's only thanks to the RPG games. Take out Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series and Bowser is about as interesting a bag of rocks. Ridley is interesting too if you know the lore and backstory. Ganondorf is kinda generic, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Yuga, Vaati, even Zant are far more interesting too bad their one and dones. Lord Frederick is just a King K.Nockoff, Tiki Tong is the equivalent to Master Hand/Crazy Hand which both are rip-offs of Andross. Andross and Wolf are interesting villians as well. But do they have more personality than K.Rool? Debatable...same with Medusa and Hades. Have they to appear in more games then yeah they'd probably dethrone K.Rool in the personality department. Who else am I missing? Black Shadow? HA! Mother Brain? Other M...that is all...The boxers from Punch-Out? They're stereotypes and while they're stereotypes are personified I don't really view them as "villians". I also don't consider Wario and Dedede as villians either.
Vaati's been in at least 2 games. Not a one and done technically.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Vaati's been in at least 2 games. Not a one and done technically.
3, though he only has personality in one, Minish Cap. Vaati is just an eldritch abomination in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. Honestly, the real main antagonist of Four Swords Adventures is really Shadow Link, Vaati is kind of just there, and isn't even the final boss. (F***, GANON has more personality in FSA than Vaati).

Vaati has been in three games, but people most want Vaati for his appearance in Minish Cap, really, which covers his origins and backstory and makes him more likeable.

Top Bottom