• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I don't see that why they should update this in the game propably 1 year before the ballot characters are finished.
That being said that i believe the mario slots are also pre ballot.
My Guess 6DLC pre ballot (Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, Ryu, + Wolf and other veterans or scrapped characters) and 4-6 post ballot DLC characters (Maybe the top 3 serious ballot winners and 1-3 surprise characters that also were popular)
This is what I'm thinking as well. I'm hoping that post ballot will give us 4 to 6 more characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
SMASHBOARDS
Speculate the Battle!
:4pacman:
And since Nintendo characters are far more likely than third-parties, that'd make K. Rool the most likely newcomer period.

Yes, we can argue "but its just Smashboards." At the same time, Smashboards is the biggest Smash-related site online. So I'd definitely say that counts for something.
Regardless of the fact that we're specifically on Smashboards, the main bulk of people who would be voting in this are ones that would most likely frequent Smashboards anyway. All of the most highly requested characters in general are also the ones most discussed on Smashboards. A huge chunk of the biggest threads on Smashboards are gone because... they were highly requested and are now in the game. That's nothing to scoff at.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, the odds are definitely in our favour, but I still have a sinking feeling K Rool won't be in. It seems way too good to be true.

I had a "sinking feeling" that we'd only get one Fire Emblem character and it'd be Chrom rather than Robin, no matter how much I wanted to believe Sakurai would be smart and pick Robin. (And to all my friends in the Chrom thread, it's not that I hate Chrom, and I speculated with all of you alot and fought off detractors. I just always thought Robin would be a much cooler idea, magic and all that from a series outsiders probably only knew had swords and blue-haired people in it. If we could've had both, I certainly would've been ALL about that!)

I also had a sinking feeling once upon a time that we wouldn't get any DLC and the ESRB leak was the end-all-be-all.

I'm sure glad I was wrong. :shades:

My point is, don't worry about feels, cuz often times they're just a manifestation of our doubts becoming more prominent. And alot of time are for naught. As another example, in Brawl I was HUGE about the Olimar support, and even though I knew it had to happen, got really depressed thinking that Sakurai probably didn't think Pikmin was worthy enough. And I gotta say, the day I was surprised by Olimar on the Dojo was the hypest day in Smash history to me.

A close second is when Little Mac showed up, but that's not quite as related.

Whatever happens, happens, especially after the many times we've been let down, but it doesn't change the fact that right now, with two ballot slots minimum looking likely, things sure look good for our King.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I had a "sinking feeling" that we'd only get one Fire Emblem character and it'd be Chrom rather than Robin, no matter how much I wanted to believe Sakurai would be smart and pick Robin. (And to all my friends in the Chrom thread, it's not that I hate Chrom, and I speculated with all of you alot and fought off detractors. I just always thought Robin would be a much cooler idea, magic and all that from a series outsiders probably only knew had swords and blue-haired people in it. If we could've had both, I certainly would've been ALL about that!)

I also had a sinking feeling once upon a time that we wouldn't get any DLC and the ESRB leak was the end-all-be-all.

I'm sure glad I was wrong. :shades:

My point is, don't worry about feels, cuz often times they're just a manifestation of our doubts becoming more prominent. And alot of time are for naught. As another example, in Brawl I was HUGE about the Olimar support, and even though I knew it had to happen, got really depressed thinking that Sakurai probably didn't think Pikmin was worthy enough. And I gotta say, the day I was surprised by Olimar on the Dojo was the hypest day in Smash history to me.

A close second is when Little Mac showed up, but that's not quite as related.

Whatever happens, happens, especially after the many times we've been let down, but it doesn't change the fact that right now, with two ballot slots minimum looking likely, things sure look good for our King.
Good for you that you're doubts came true, your lucky, but I've been burnt too many times to be optimistic anymore. I was sure Ridley was gonna happen for some reason then it didn't then I was sure Rayman was gonna happen and it didn't. K Rool has much better chances and yeah he probably will make it, but I don't like getting hopeful anymore.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good for you that you're doubts came true, your lucky, but I've been burnt too many times to be optimistic anymore. I was sure Ridley was gonna happen for some reason then it didn't then I was sure Rayman was gonna happen and it didn't. K Rool has much better chances and yeah he probably will make it, but I don't like getting hopeful anymore.
Hey, it's not like I've never been disappointed. Expecting K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo in the Vanilla game turned up jack. Honestly I was incredibly hurt by Mewtwo's absence, because I was so ****ing sure of it. And I was sure Sakurai would feel better about Takamaru this time, and true or not, he ultimately didn't make it.

Ups and downs are a part of any fandom, so I dunno, perspective I guess.

StormC

Smash Hero
I had thought Sakurai left Mewtwo in the dust years ago. Seeing him show up in the 50 Facts made me laugh myself silly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I had thought Sakurai left Mewtwo in the dust years ago. Seeing him show up in the 50 Facts made me laugh myself silly.
Not to mention a certain boy. :4feroy: :4feroy: :4roy:

Seriously, I never in a million years imagined Sakurai would bring him back, considering we had Lucina. But he successfully made Roy feel entirely different even to the untrained eye. And brought him back for the fans. Kudos.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
All we can know is from various fan polls on the internet. Yes, they're not the best source, but when K. Rool tops nearly every single one and Isaac is a pretty close contender as well... It sure does seem to indicate those two are the frontrunners. Some are botted, but even then K. Rool is still voted very highly.
Thanks for the update. I've always known this thread to be huge, and I'd seen a couple of polls with him ranking highly on it, but again I just wanted to check back in. I'm always a fan of seeing K. Rool make it in, and there is so much that could be done with him as a character that I've always been far too in love of the idea of him in Smash for my own good. I really don't want to be set up for disappointment again, but as long as King K. Rool isn't in Smash, I'll always get my hopes up for his eventual inclusion, especially if fan polls have anything to do with a character's inclusion.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I always had the slight feeling that there were more random people around the world who don't go on smashboards who were voting on the ballot than people voting who go ON smashboards often. But it makes sense that only the heavy smash fans on smashboards/reddit actually took the time to go, and vote.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I always had the slight feeling that there were more random people around the world who don't go on smashboards who were voting on the ballot than people voting who go ON smashboards often. But it makes sense that only the heavy smash fans on smashboards/reddit actually took the time to go, and vote.
Yeah, this is why the "K. Rool/Isaac/your favorite won't win because they're only liked on message boards" talking point rings hollow. To know about the ballot in the first place, a Smash fan would have to either A) have watched the April Direct, B) have liked the Smash Bros. Facebook page and seen its single post about the ballot or C) stumbled onto it randomly/through a friend. Odds are, if that happens, they're not casual, or at least the sort of casual the term brings to mind. Just this weekend, I found that I had multiple cousins who were big fans of the game on the 3DS, but didn't even know it was on Wii U, let alone that there was a ballot online (all voted K. Rool after a little persuasion).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, the odds are definitely in our favour, but I still have a sinking feeling K Rool won't be in. It seems way too good to be true.
Are you sure its not your imagination?

Because i recently watched a psychology show on national geographic. (Subject was imagenation.)

Because in it they did a test of random people taking on a pro they wagered very low.

And on a bad card playing guy they wagered higher.

But here was the catch,

Both the pro and card wimp was the same guy (an actor) and the card game was war (its 50/50 chance no matter what.)

It showed you should consider if the fear is real and not your imagenation.

For in this case

Seems too good to be true but theres evidence and high ballot votes for the king

So in other words extremely likely to happen since sakurai is focused on the fan-service in the ballot but shoulden't be over confident either.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
yea this guy makes videos like this
I don't know what I just watched, but I want more.
yea this guy makes videos like this on his youtube page. You should subscribe to him :D there weird but enjoyable

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
yea this guy makes videos like this

yea this guy makes videos like this on his youtube page. You should subscribe to him :D there weird but enjoyable
Muppets are always weird but enjoyable which is why I love'em haha.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Some guy named "Loves Smash" uploaded a video regarding the top 10 DLC characters as requested by fans, and our reptilian king is at number one. Not that I'm surprised, but I hope all of this support translates into ballot votes. Don't become complacent!

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Yes, please keep voting, tweeting, miiversing, tagging yourself online or whatever else in support of K. Rool! We kan do it!

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yes yes yes yes~

In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite;
When all seems lost in the war of light,
Look to the stars - for hope burns bright!
That's the Blue Lantern Oath, right?
Nice to meet another Green Lantern fan!

StormC

Smash Hero
How likely do you guys think it is that K. Rool will have a unique victory theme?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How likely do you guys think it is that K. Rool will have a unique victory theme?
Fairly likely, actually. I mean, Rosalina has one because Galaxy is amazing. Dark Pit and Bowser. Gangplank is called "King K. Rool" in Smash after all.

Ganondorf is probably the same because he wanted to keep the Triforce users the same, weird as that is.

On the other hand, Dr. ****ing Mario.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I mean, it's kind of stupid to not give Ganondorf and Wolf their own themes, and yet I can understand, in that the normal Zelda and Star Fox themes aren't so overtly cheery that they'd be unfitting for villains.

Can't say the same about the happy-go-lucky woodwind DK theme. I could see K. Rool not being given his own victory theme if DK still used the Melee era theme, but not the current one.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, the franchise victory theme fits fine with Ganondorf and Wolf, even if they're not ideal.

I dunno how music composition works with an ad hoc dev team. But surely they could just rip a sample of the Brawl remix of Gangplank Galleon if they had to, right?

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
They could just have a rock version of DK and Diddy's victory theme like they do for Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Meta Knight, that'd be cool for him too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom