• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've heard people actually liked the bongos. It would've definitely been better if they stuck with the bongos instead of using the Wiimote/Nunchuk.
I've never played it, but I can see just from the video how the bongos would've worked better for it, since hitting a drum isn't the same sort of movement as shaking a remote.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but Kongversation hosts Hyle and Chad had a chance to go to this year's E3, and just released a new episode detailing their interactions with all the Rare staff members in attendance. Three hours into the podcast, they drop a rather interesting tidbit muhrelevant to us as DK fans...David Wise is currently composing music for a new Nintendo project.

Whether that's a new DKC, a new 3D DK, DKR2, the odds seem good it's something relating to the franchise he's known for scoring so masterfully (it could be something unexpected from a different franchise too, to be fair, but we can keep our fingers crossed).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't think it's been posted in here yet, but Kongversation hosts Hyle and Chad had a chance to go to this year's E3, and just released a new episode detailing their interactions with all the Rare staff members in attendance. Three hours into the podcast, they drop a rather interesting tidbit muhrelevant to us as DK fans...David Wise is currently composing music for a new Nintendo project.

Whether that's a new DKC, a new 3D DK, DKR2, the odds seem good it's something relating to the franchise he's known for scoring so masterfully (it could be something unexpected from a different franchise too, to be fair, but we can keep our fingers crossed).
David Wise + Kremlings + Donkey Kong Country + current gen 3-D graphics = biggest dong expansion ever.

Though the other project could be Yooka-Laylee as well which is also awesome.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Oh baby oh yes.
If it is another DKC, I've loved the idea of being able to pick 2 out of a selection of 5 or 6 Kongs. As in, you can play as any combination of DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, maybe Funky, and some 6th Kong. This makes for a load of different ways to play.
For the Sixth Kong I'm not sure if they should bring back one of the DK crew members or come up with a new guy. I'm curious about what kind of Kong they can think up, there hasn't been a new one in a while.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like the only one who genuinely likes the PAON voice.

Crocodile roars would be super dope though, not gonna lie.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I feel like the only one who genuinely likes the PAON voice.

Crocodile roars would be super dope though, not gonna lie.
They can give him any voice as long as he makes the AHNK sound when he's launched really hard.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Dixie, you're cool and all, and I'ma let you finish, but

These Two > You

:4pacman:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

If David Wise is doing something Nintendo related, odds are extremely good its DK-related. It could be something else, but I'd say there's a slim chance of that.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
If David Wise is doing something Nintendo related, odds are extremely good its DK-related. It could be something else, but I'd say there's a slim chance of that.
My question right now is, is it Diddy Kong Racing or Donkey kong Country/3D Wii U? Either way anything DK related is good news but I'd prefer another core donkey kong game myself right now. Since we just got mario kart wii u last year I'm pretty good on racing games for now :) Would still day one purchase diddy kong racing either way ofc.

Edit: ORRRRRRR, is it DONKEY KONG RACING Wii U? The successor to barrel blast?! :reverse::roll::demon::bluejump::chuckle:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My question right now is, is it Diddy Kong Racing or Donkey kong Country/3D Wii U? Either way anything DK related is good news but I'd prefer another core donkey kong game myself right now. Since we just got mario kart wii u last year I'm pretty good on racing games for now :) Would still day one purchase diddy kong racing either way ofc.

Edit: ORRRRRRR, is it DONKEY KONG RACING Wii U? The successor to barrel blast?!
There's no way we'd get a sequel to Barrel Blast. That said, I'm sure Nintendo has definitely considered the possibility of a new DK racing game. They had DKR, the canned Donkey Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Pilot, DKR DS and Barrel Blast. With the failure of Barrel Blast, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd consider going back to Diddy Kong Racing instead... and it'd honestly be better to have a DKR game two years after Mario Kart then literally the year after it.

I honestly don't think a DKR game two years after Mario Kart would be that different from a main series DK game 2.5 years after TF. The only exception would be a 3D DK game, which is definitely the most likely option barring another developer doing DKCR3.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
There's no way we'd get a sequel to Barrel Blast. That said, I'm sure Nintendo has definitely considered the possibility of a new DK racing game. They had DKR, the canned Donkey Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Pilot, DKR DS and Barrel Blast. With the failure of Barrel Blast, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd consider going back to Diddy Kong Racing instead... and it'd honestly be better to have a DKR game two years after Mario Kart then literally the year after it.

I honestly don't think a DKR game two years after Mario Kart would be that different from a main series DK game 2.5 years after TF. The only exception would be a 3D DK game, which is definitely the most likely option barring another developer doing DKCR3.
As I think about it more and more if the next Donkey Kong related game were to come out early-mid 2016 a 3d donkey game could be very possible. At first I was thinking it was unlikely because dk64, the last full 3D hub world game was 100% rare made. But if the next DK game is scheduled for release 2 years after Tropical freeze I could see that being a very likely possibility. I'd be pretty hyped for another 3d dk game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As I think about it more and more if the next Donkey Kong related game were to come out early-mid 2016 a 3d donkey game could be very possible. At first I was thinking it was unlikely because dk64, the last full 3D hub world game was 100% rare made. But if the next DK game is scheduled for release 2 years after Tropical freeze I could see that being a very likely possibility. I'd be pretty hyped for another 3d dk game.
It definitely won't be in the first half of 2016 because it wasn't announced yet. If anything, it'd be mid-to-late 2016. Which will be almost 3 years after TF.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Weren't there rumours of a new Diddy Kong Racing supposedly in developement? What happened to those?

:231:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Just to spark the giddiness in all of you, but what if David Wise is actually working on new arrangements for a Gangplank Galleon Stage that comes with K.Rool as Smash DLC

(God have mercy if i'm correct on this)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Ohhhhhhh yeaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

c94.gif

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Just to spark the giddiness in all of you, but what if David Wise is actually working on new arrangements for a Gangplank Galleon Stage that comes with K.Rool as Smash DLC

(God have mercy if i'm correct on this)
Considering that he only said "Nintendo project" and not game this may be possible.
Be it Smash DLC or a new Donkey Kong game this is a WIN+WIN situation for us.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Seems to me that DK Barrel Blast was actually a decent game that would have been a better one(and sold better) without the motion controls

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Considering that he only said "Nintendo project" and not game this may be possible.
Be it Smash DLC or a new Donkey Kong game this is a WIN+WIN situation for us.
It only gets better now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just talked to someone that just said K Rool would be like Brawl Bowser...
He could inherrit some of Bowser's older, far slower playstyle but I personally have real big issues with K.Rool preforming Bowser's Flamebreath and Whirling Fortress. Side B and especially Down B would fit yes, but that's about it. They are both big strong reptilian kings, but there's still a huge difference between a spikey shelled fire breathing turtle and a crocodile.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Of course, he would!
With his iconic fire breath and typical wrestling moves!
And don't forget his shell, in that he can spin around to gain height and attack for his up and down Smash...
And his horns on his head for his side smash...

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Ah, that old classic. The mainstay argument given by people who've literally never seen him in a game and have no grasp on his character other than "oh look, a big reptile!".

I mean, realistically you could make K Rool a clone to some extent, but at least as far as special moves go it'd make far more sense to clone Dedede, and then you'd have to give him a completely different set of standard moves. The only similarity he has to Bowser in terms of specials could be the Ground Pound if you're dull enough to make that a special.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
He could inherrit some of Bowser's older, far slower playstyle but I personally have real big issues with K.Rool preforming Bowser's Flamebreath and Whirling Fortress. Side B and especially Down B would fit yes, but that's about it. They are both big strong reptilian kings, but there's still a huge difference between a spikey shelled fire breathing turtle and a crocodile.
I honestly would like a faster K Rool with more lag to his moves.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What was the context? There were fans on here saying that, because Bowser got revamped to be faster and more humanoid in Smash 4, K. Rool could fill his old niche of being slow and bestial.

Any other context, though, deserves this sort of reaction.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Oh baby oh yes.
If it is another DKC, I've loved the idea of being able to pick 2 out of a selection of 5 or 6 Kongs. As in, you can play as any combination of DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, maybe Funky, and some 6th Kong. This makes for a load of different ways to play.
For the Sixth Kong I'm not sure if they should bring back one of the DK crew members or come up with a new guy. I'm curious about what kind of Kong they can think up, there hasn't been a new one in a while.
If they do choose six Kongs, here are my suggestions
DK
Diddy
Dixie
Cranky
Kiddy
Lanky

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My list would be:
Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Lanky, Funky and Cranky.

Kiddie is kind of like DK himself, same for Dixie and Tiny, and Chunky's niche doesn't quite work in a 2D platformer.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
For me, DK, Diddy, Dixie, Kiddie, Chunky and Lanky. I'd like to see all the Kongs from their previous games together again, plus I enjoyed playing as Chunky in DK64 with his primate punch and all. I'd rather see Cranky helping and insulting you at the side like he should be doing like in the past games. And I'd prefer Funky to stick to being the shop keeper or the Funky Flights handler again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Weren't there rumours of a new Diddy Kong Racing supposedly in developement? What happened to those?

Nothing at this point. Could be happening, could be false. That said, I still think its decently likely due to everything going on with Diddy right now. Diddy Kong trademark (Europe or Canada...?), lack of appearance in MK8 while Link and Animal Crossing get in of all characters, and now he's in Mario & Sonic and will probably be in other future Mario spinoffs, so why was he left out of MK8?

Also, these are some of the same points Kevin Callahan made, but the guy is an idiot and doesn't actually know anything for a fact. Considering he just posted another article saying the NX is releasing next year for $150 and Diddy Kong Racing will be on it. I can still see DKR happening (I'm 50/50 on it at this point), but not because of Kevin Callahan.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Nothing at this point. Could be happening, could be false. That said, I still think its decently likely due to everything going on with Diddy right now. Diddy Kong trademark (Europe or Canada...?), lack of appearance in MK8 while Link and Animal Crossing get in of all characters, and now he's in Mario & Sonic and will probably be in other future Mario spinoffs, so why was he left out of MK8?

Also, these are some of the same points Kevin Callahan made, but the guy is an idiot and doesn't actually know anything for a fact. Considering he just posted another article saying the NX is releasing next year for $150 and Diddy Kong Racing will be on it. I can still see DKR happening (I'm 50/50 on it at this point), but not because of Kevin Callahan.
It was Europe, I think UK specifically for that trademark.

D

Deleted member

Been calling it since the "Diddy Kong" trademark; Retro's new game is a DKC game and King K. Rool is going to return. Barring anti-miracles, it is only a matter of time before our King finally returns. Now what I would like to see is Grant Kirkhope also helping to compose new music as well.

It took less than a year for Diddy Kong Racing to get released on the Nintendo 64 after Mario Kart 64. Not that any of us are expecting Diddy Kong Racing 2 this year but I don't see the issue with releasing Diddy Kong Racing one and a half years after Mario Kart 8 since by the vast majority of their sales have already been made. That said, my favorite choice would be a 3D Donkey Kong game.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What was the context? There were fans on here saying that, because Bowser got revamped to be faster and more humanoid in Smash 4, K. Rool could fill his old niche of being slow and bestial.

Any other context, though, deserves this sort of reaction.
I said K Rool would most likely be the first ballot character and then he said great Bowser from Brawl is back or somewhere along those lines.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Been calling it since the "Diddy Kong" trademark; Retro's new game is a DKC game and King K. Rool is going to return. Barring anti-miracles, it is only a matter of time before our King finally returns. Now what I would like to see is Grant Kirkhope also helping to compose new music as well.
It took less than a year for Diddy Kong Racing to get released on the Nintendo 64 after Mario Kart 64. Not that any of us are expecting Diddy Kong Racing 2 this year but I don't see the issue with releasing Diddy Kong Racing one and a half years after Mario Kart 8 since by the vast majority of their sales have already been made. That said, my favorite choice would be a 3D Donkey Kong game.
Same here, I'd like to see him return to voice DK as well. I like that one over the current scooby-doo voice. And if they can, get the voice actor who played K. Rool in DK64 as well.

Top Bottom