• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
My thoughts on wolf coming back... I don't know anymore. I love wolf but I don't really want him as much. Krystal be a better pick. I just think people should vote for brand new characters. Its great seeing old fighters coming back but its always nice to have new fresh blood in the Mix. I would love to vote for all these different characters to be in like banjoe, issac, krystal, dixie kong, and wolf, but I think we all gotta focus on getting King K Rool in smash. To me, before any of these extra characters get in as DLC, K rool needs to come first! Probably some of these characters will make it in anyway just by the looks of the ballot but we gotta get our king in there. We have to post videos, make more fan groups and movements. We have to show nintendo that we need our K Rool! Again, I don't mind any of these characters that people are voting for but the main attention is King K Rool.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I see that people have been posting move set ideas recently so I'll share my thoughts on K. Rools Specials

Netural B - Blunderbuss - It would shoot a cannonball that can be charged similar to Bowser Jr., but it would have a chance to shoot a spikey cannonball that travels faster, deals more damage, and gives increased knockback.

Side B - Kings Crown - Throws out his crown similarly to Toon Link's boomerang which can be angled.

Up B - Helipack - A mix of Olimar and R.O.B.s recovery, it gives K. Rool a shot burst

Down B - Klaptrap - K. Rool summons his minions from his Krelming army, which act somewhat similar to Pikmin and Mechakoopas, roaming the stage, then latching onto the opponents building up damage. There are three types of Klaptraps, Green, Blue, and Red, (they appear in that order) Green is average, Blue stays on for the longest but do less damage, and Red does the most damage but doesn't stay on as long.

Final Smash - Cannonball Barrage - King K. Rool jumps onto his galleon and bombards the stage with Cannonballs.

I know a lot of people use the Blunderbuss, Crown, and Helipack in their movesets, but I really want to know what you guys think of the Klaptraps. I feel like it is the perfect move to show that K. Rool is the leader of the Kremlings, and how he has them fight for him when he needs them too
i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes the down b idea of a Klaptrap. Though mine is different.

K. Rool takes out a Klap trap for a few seconds before putting it away, the Klaptrap can steal items and meteor smash in the air.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So do you guys as of now think the next Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong Racing game will be on Wii U or the NX?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So do you guys as of now think the next Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong Racing game will be on Wii U or the NX?
Saw a rumour about Diddy Kong racing being pushed to NX alongside a pricing of $150 for NX on MyNintendoNews.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we're getting a 3D DK game by Retro Studios on Wii U. NX won't launch until 2017. I am 50/50 on the possibility of DKR at this point. I believe Kevin Callahan is full of s****, but I don't deny that his first article was interesting, and Diddy's absence from Mario Kart 8 still makes me extremely suspicious, even though Diddy continues to appear in other Mario spinoffs.

Saw a rumour about Diddy Kong racing being pushed to NX alongside a pricing of $150 for NX on MyNintendoNews.
That was Kevin Callahan. Its full of crap. NX is not releasing in 2015, and there's no way in hell its $150. I still think that Diddy Kong Racing is a distinct possibility, but not because of Kevin Callahan. #GoAwayKevinCallahan

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I think we're getting a 3D DK game by Retro Studios on Wii U. NX won't launch until 2017. I am 50/50 on the possibility of DKR at this point. I believe Kevin Callahan is full of s****, but I don't deny that his first article was interesting, and Diddy's absence from Mario Kart 8 still makes me extremely suspicious, even though Diddy continues to appear in other Mario spinoffs.

That was Kevin Callahan. Its full of crap. NX is not releasing in 2015, and there's no way in hell its $150. I still think that Diddy Kong Racing is a distinct possibility, but not because of Kevin Callahan. #GoAwayKevinCallahan
His article didn't really seem like he had a ton of "facts" to back up what he was saying, rather a cocky/ignorant mood to make himself seem believable. Just making sure that had no actuality to it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His article didn't really seem like he had a ton of "facts" to back up what he was saying, rather a cocky/ignorant mood to make himself seem believable. Just making sure that had no actuality to it.
Again, right from the start I thought that Diddy Kong Racing was a definite possibility. I never believed Kevin Callahan to begin with, then I started to think he might have some credibility. Now I'm back to "he's full of s***, but his THEORIES could be correct".

There's a lot of credibility to the possibility of DKR2 happening right now just by looking at actual facts, without relying on Kevin Callahan. I still can't believe he posted another article.

AtomTrap

Smash Rookie
I just realized if he gets in smash he will probably just make crocodile noises for his voice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just realized if he gets in smash he will probably just make crocodile noises for his voice.
I've listened to some crocodile noises here, though, and they don't sound that bad. It'd be better if he had an actual voice, but I don't think crocodile noises would be that bad overall.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I've listened to some crocodile noises here, though, and they don't sound that bad. It'd be better if he had an actual voice, but I don't think crocodile noises would be that bad overall.
I feel like he'll still retain his DKC 1-3 kinda grunts.
Just a feeling.
Edit: Didn't he have a... kinda goofy voice in Barrel Blast & Sluggers? They'll probably run with that.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Just an aside - the Wolf rumour discussed above is rubbish, though I am aware it's been debunked several times already. I just obtained the Mewtwo trophy from the Trophy Shop in my 3DS version post update.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just a feeling.
listen carefully to this for those who have'nt already, some of those croc noises sound very similiar to his grunts in DKC1 and 2.
check to the 1:26-1:40 mark especially.

Now listen to his grunts from the game when you jump on his head

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just a feeling.
Edit: Didn't he have a... kinda goofy voice in Barrel Blast & Sluggers? They'll probably run with that.
Going on Sakurai's current approach, I'd say we'll get what's effectively a combination of his DKC trilogy voice effects, with a crocodile-like filter applied.

My reasoning for this is that, of the characters who fell victim to the new approach of "animal characters should have animal-sounding voice clips" (which isn't necessarily one I agree with, personally), Dedede came out of it the best, with new clips that sound deeper in order to bring them into line with current Kirby games, but which also have a filter applied in order to make the clips sound a bit like a litle blue penguin (the species of Earth penguin on which Dedede is based - he also shares his canonical height of 16" tall, forward-leaning run, location in a temperate climate, and hooked beak with them, amongst other things :p [/Dedede and general penguin nerdery]).

Given this, this is about what I would expect for K. Rool, as well, and I'd be ok with that.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I always thought Barrel Blast was a massively underappreciated game. It definitely wasn't Mario Kart quality, but it was still an enjoyable game and the motion controls weren't ass.

Maybe I just gave it more of a chance because of the massive DKC fanservice, but I enjoy it and don't regret buying it at all.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I miss K. Rool too, but that is a weird way to skip Tropical Freeze. You're missing out on one of the best games on Wii U, K. Rool or not.
I guess...but i have been really tight on buying games since after Gamecube...
I only really buy the games i just have to have or games that i feel like i just gotta play.
I just dont feel like they are worth it anymore..expecially since they dont have the exact magic i adored on the GBC/GBA/N64 either none or less of it the magic...

They dont games like they do..everything argubly died after the GC in terms of MaGiC imo
Even though N64 games were mad expensive every game felt worth it you can see and feel the passion and love in games like BK/BK Tooie and DK64/Ocarina/CBFD. That the developers had at that time.

Just finished Super Mario RPG for the first time :)

I just downloaded Chrono Trigger just now too.

And just last year i played and finished DKC2 for the first time.

That game was stupidly good even compared to the first which i loved and is awsome and have completed like 3, 4 times before.

I never had a SNES you see...

Really wanna play through thousand year door again even though the game is old its still pretty expensive...

Got Paper Mario 64 downloaded too xD i havent played that one or the Wii one but i love the series.

I just ordered the Wii one last week lmao im on a Legenedary Retro Nintendo Rampage.

Old Nintendo beats everything gaming hands down.

Gonna download Zero misson after the RPG rampage.

Damn the best thing about the Wii is its Virtual Console lol.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It definitely is one of the better wii u games to have played. But as a hardcore fan of the original games it WAS a lot harder for me to enjoy the game because of the difficulty change, lack of kremlings, and stiffer more wobbly jump/move physics. A tip to anyone who wants to play T.f. and has already played the original trio, DON'T expect the game to be "just as good" or "better" than the original games to you. Just enjoy it for what it is.
Exazctly..spot on...couldnt have said it better myself i knew this...i undertsand plus with things getting worse money wise in the world etc..wages/salary being less i dont really wanna i could still afford it sorta but i just wouldnt....not anymore...
About 5-7 years ago sure.

Its not so much of the £ as the problem its much more the content of the games...
If they made a Real 3D Mario alot like SM64 but just new worlds etc i would pay £40 for it no doubt..
But if they make a Galaxy 3 for WiiU i wouldnt buy it..tbh

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I guess...but i have been really tight on buying games since after Gamecube...
I only really buy the games i just have to have or games that i feel like i just gotta play.
I just dont feel like they are worth it anymore..expecially since they dont have the exact magic i adored on the GBC/GBA/N64 either none or less of it the magic...

They dont games like they do..everything argubly died after the GC in terms of MaGiC imo
Even though N64 games were mad expensive every game felt worth it you can see and feel the passion and love in games like BK/BK Tooie and DK64/Ocarina/CBFD. That the developers had at that time.

Just finished Super Mario RPG for the first time :)

I just downloaded Chrono Trigger just now too.

And just last year i played and finished DKC2 for the first time.

That game was stupidly good even compared to the first which i loved and is awsome and have completed like 3, 4 times before.

I never had a SNES you see...

Really wanna play through thousand year door again even though the game is old its still pretty expensive...

Got Paper Mario 64 downloaded too xD i havent played that one or the Wii one but i love the series.

I just ordered the Wii one last week lmao im on a Legenedary Retro Nintendo Rampage.

Old Nintendo beats everything gaming hands down.

Gonna download Zero misson after the RPG rampage.

Damn the best thing about the Wii is its Virtual Console lol.
You have a point, even I find it hard to get into a lot new games these days. Splatoon is good but I can really only get into it with the multiplayer and even I lose interest in that quickly. Zombie U was a waste and Resident Evil Rebellion was ok. SSBWii U, MK8, Super Mario 3-D World, New SMBWii U, and DK: Tropical Freeze are the only ones I really got into so far. I still enjoy my N64 and Gamecube games as well on the actual systems for them which I still own.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I always thought Barrel Blast was a massively underappreciated game. It definitely wasn't Mario Kart quality, but it was still an enjoyable game and the motion controls weren't ***.

Maybe I just gave it more of a chance because of the massive DKC fanservice, but I enjoy it and don't regret buying it at all.
I still think the controls are horrendous, but it's fun time if you can adapt to their crap factor.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ello m8s
I'm here again
Simply because I'm lonely :4pacman:

So how have you m8s been doing with the whole Vote Kroc'in shenanigans
I assume all has been good? :mariomelee:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ello m8s
I'm here again
Simply because I'm lonely :4pacman:

So how have you m8s been doing with the whole Vote Kroc'in shenanigans
I assume all has been good? :mariomelee:
Pretty much. We've got Retro Studios including Michael Kelbaugh following our Kremling Kampaign on Twitter as well as Playtonic (the old Rareware) and Richard Yearwood(the guy who voiced DK in the DKC tv show) so that's really awesome. And we've got over 700 supporters on there too.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You have a point, even I find it hard to get into a lot new games these days. Splatoon is good but I can really only get into it with the multiplayer and even I lose interest in that quickly. Zombie U was a waste and Resident Evil Rebellion was ok. SSBWii U, MK8, Super MArio 3-D World, New SSB, and DK: Tropical Freeze are the only ones I really got into so far. I still enjoy my N64 and Gamecube games as well on the actual systems for them which I still own.
The last Super mario bros i played was the DS one which was good.

MK8 was pretty good.
I dont know its like what ever i like nintendo just knows it and doesnt do it..its crazy weired and annoying...i dont know if my taste is too picky or stupid...i just dont get it...

Random list of game related things i want/wanted some from years back when i started gaming all the way till know.

Lets see how many came true...

* Pokemon Stadium 3
* Banjo and Kazooie 3
* DK 64 sequal like game
* A metroid multiplayer online like sequal to Metroid Prike hunters (has huge potential imo)
* Metroid Prime 4 but the hunters as the villians either some or all of them but just Samus Vs. SYLUX would be damn the best...dark samus was cool but shes done.

OmfG..came true..this was a big wish too
* Wario Land series to continue and be the face of Wario's character and personality/Traits and be based of Smash that way too
* K.Rool to return to DKC and be in Smash
* Ridley in Smash :( :( :(
* Conkers Bad Fur Day 2
Diddy kong Racing 2 with all the orginal voices and scrapped characters back because if Rares departure/Conker/Tiptup/Banjo etc..
*For mario kart to stop making whacky new gimicks and just go back to great courses and skill like MK64.
A 3D mario game like SM64..big wish.. :(
Phantasy Star Online 2. Just like the one on GC but just added contents...got like over 1300+ hours i spent playing this game consumed me...i litreally turned into Golem from LOTR and this game was my precious RealTalk.

Uhhh...im sure theres more but they are the ones that come to my head without thinking.
Paper Mario Wii U aswell plz.

For the heavyweights in smash to one day be as good as the dominate lightweight chars..this is on topic and a huge wish.
I admit Sm4sh has been the best in this reguard so far but still we got some time to go.

Why isnt Magikoopa playable in Mario kart ayet......lol
Last Resident Evil i played was 5 and im ok with that

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The last Super mario bros i played was the DS one which was good.

MK8 was pretty good.
I dont know its like what ever i like nintendo just knows it and doesnt do it..its crazy weired and annoying...i dont know if my taste is too picky or stupid...i just dont get it...

Random list of game related things i want/wanted some from years back when i started gaming all the way till know.

Lets see how many came true...

* Pokemon Stadium 3
* Banjo and Kazooie 3
* DK 64 sequal like game
* A metroid multiplayer online like sequal to Metroid Prike hunters (has huge potential imo)
* Metroid Prime 4 but the hunters as the villians either some or all of them but just Samus Vs. SYLUX would be damn the best...dark samus was cool but shes done.

OmfG..came true..this was a big wish too
* Wario Land series to continue and be the face of Wario's character and personality/Traits and be based of Smash that way too
* K.Rool to return to DKC and be in Smash
* Ridley in Smash :( :( :(
* Conkers Bad Fur Day 2
Diddy kong Racing 2 with all the orginal voices and scrapped characters back because if Rares departure/Conker/Tiptup/Banjo etc..
*For mario kart to stop making whacky new gimicks and just go back to great courses and skill like MK64.
A 3D mario game like SM64..big wish.. :(
Phantasy Star Online 2. Just like the one on GC but just added contents...got like over 1300+ hours i spent playing this game consumed me...i litreally turned into Golem from LOTR and this game was my precious RealTalk.

Uhhh...im sure theres more but they are the ones that come to my head without thinking.
Paper Mario Wii U aswell plz.

For the heavyweights in smash to one day be as good as the dominate lightweight chars..this is on topic and a huge wish.
I admit Sm4sh has been the best in this reguard so far but still we got some time to go.

Why isnt Magikoopa playable in Mario kart ayet......lol
Wasn't Tiptup not removed in Diddy Kong Racing DS?
I thought it was just Banjo & Conker replaced with Tiny & Dixie.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A funny little idea just came up in my head for King K.'s Side B
Not sure how to exactly explain it so here's some Kirbys and :4diddy: being a lovely demonstration in my crappy miiverse drawings

Seems like something K. Rool would do :4pacman:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I believe it's Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - originally a Donkey Konga Bongo-controlled game that got moved to the Wii instead.
I've heard people actually liked the bongos. It would've definitely been better if they stuck with the bongos instead of using the Wiimote/Nunchuk.

Top Bottom