• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I would sell my WiiU if that happened..
But in all honesty it seems like the 3DS is for sure the more dominate console.
3DS has way better titles than the WiiU.

Sure sticker star sucked but there getting Paper Jam before WiiU even got a Paper Mario...damn..wish i never sold my 3DS but i needed the money...i might have to get one back...im really intrestes in what GF are gonna do with the next pokemon game to because they are at a roadblock now they have remade all the old games i dont wanna gen7 either...hmmm.....
Ahh man...i wanted a DK/Metroid/Paper mario U so bad...
E3 was so terrible..Nintenso wise...

PS:Guys how good was the Wii Paper Mario?
As good as N64 or Thousand Year door.?
Super Paper Mario was unique, it wasn't an RPG and more of a platformer, so it's completely different from the first 2.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Here is the whole Nintendo TreeHouse schedule:

• TUESDAY (June 16)
    9:00 AM PT:
    Digital Event
    9:55 AM PT:
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 1
    10:00 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays Star Fox Zero with Mr. Miyamoto
    10:35 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Super Mario Maker with Mr. Miyamoto & Mr. Tezuka
    11:05 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
    11:35 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
    12:10 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Metroid Prime: Federation Force
    12:35 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
    1:00 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Super Smash Bros. DLC
    1:25 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Star Fox Zero with Mr. Miyamoto
    1:55 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
    2:15 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Skylanders SuperChargers
    2:45 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: YO-KAI WATCH
    3:15 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Super Mario Maker
    4:00 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Fire Emblem Fates
    * Additional times to be added

• WEDNESDAY (June 17)
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 2
    10:45 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Yoshi’s Woolly World with Mr. Tezuka
    1:45 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Fast Racing Neo
    3:10 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Xenoblade Chronicles X

• THURSDAY (June 18)
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 3
    Treehouse plays: Bravely Second

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here is the whole Nintendo TreeHouse schedule:

• TUESDAY (June 16)
    9:00 AM PT:
    Digital Event
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 1
    Treehouse plays Star Fox Zero with Mr. Miyamoto
    10:35 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Super Mario Maker with Mr. Miyamoto & Mr. Tezuka
    11:05 AM PT:
    11:35 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
    12:35 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
    Treehouse plays: Super Smash Bros. DLC
    1:25 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Star Fox Zero with Mr. Miyamoto
    1:55 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
    2:15 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Skylanders SuperChargers
    2:45 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: YO-KAI WATCH
    3:15 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Super Mario Maker
    4:00 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Fire Emblem Fates

• WEDNESDAY (June 17)
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 2
    10:45 AM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Yoshi’s Woolly World with Mr. Tezuka
    1:45 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Fast Racing Neo
    3:10 PM PT:
    Treehouse plays: Xenoblade Chronicles X

• THURSDAY (June 18)
    Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 - Day 3
    Treehouse plays: Bravely Second
Ok, and the point is? Is this really relevant to K. Rool discussion?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Wait, what if K.Rool and Ridley are going to be in Skylanders: Superchargers, since they already have Bowser and DK? That'd be interesting; and it could help Ridley's chances, as well.

Still, what would you guys think of this? Especially since they'd be Skylander/amiibo hybrids, as Bowser and DK are.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley's future is to die a pitiful death by some random Federation squad in Federation Forces.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley's future is to die a pitiful death by some random Federation squad in Federation Forces.
Eh, he'll live. He's lived through a lot worse than being gunned down by a Federation squad. :p

Still, how fast do you guys think a K.Rool or Ridley Skylamiibo (since those are hybrids of the two figures) would sell out? :p

D

Deleted member

Shock of all shocks, this E3 delivered basically nothing. There's nothing to disappoint, but other than Star Fox and Paper Jam, there's nothing remotely satisfactory either. And yet, as a silver lining, no new bandwagons seem to have sprung up to challenge us.

I feel a little sorry for guys like Isaac and Krystal, who have to scramble somewhat now that Camelot isn't making GS4 and she's been retconned out of Star Fox, respectively. They're basically undergoing what Tropical Freeze was for us: a new game that looked like it would be the final nail in the coffin and where the Smash fanbase all but demanded we fall on our swords, give up and make way for more "muhrelevant" characters. We overcame that by selling K. Rool and embracing the "revival" part of putting him in Smash. Time will tell if other fanbases are able to do the same.
I think the thing that kept our fan base alive is that Kremlings (and Animal Buddies) were pretty much the only widespread criticism of Tropical Freeze (even after good enemies) and how that demand has only increased even further plus the fact that King K. Rool is the beloved main villain of the franchise with an ongoing series. I've always thought King K. Rool was going to return even after Tropical Freeze and the latest updates have only solidified that.

Sadly I'm not optimistic about Isaac or Krystal ever getting another appearance. Krystal is a mixed received character who didn't appear in the best received games. Isaac is from a franchise who's future is in question (and I honestly think Golden Sun is dead at this point). They NEEDED new appearances for their fan base to continue and since it didn't happen, I think the writing in on the wall even thought I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I think DLC for this game comes down to Wolf, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and maybe (and this is a big if) Paper Mario.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think the thing that kept our fan base alive is that Kremlings (and Animal Buddies) were pretty much the only widespread criticism of Tropical Freeze (even after good enemies) and how that demand has only increased even further plus the fact that King K. Rool is the beloved main villain of the franchise with an ongoing series. I've always thought King K. Rool was going to return even after Tropical Freeze and the latest updates have only solidified that.

Sadly I'm not optimistic about Isaac or Krystal ever getting another appearance. Krystal is a mixed received character who didn't appear in the best received games. Isaac is from a franchise who's future is in question (and I honestly think Golden Sun is dead at this point). They NEEDED new appearances for their fan base to continue and since it didn't happen, I think the writing in on the wall even thought I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I think DLC for this game comes down to Wolf, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and maybe (and this is a big if) Paper Mario.
The story isn't finished for Golden Sun. Dark Dawn literally left on a cliffhanger.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Star Fox Zero looks cool... But one major thing irks me.

THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO BOOT K. ROOL OUT OF HIS OWN SERIES BUT HAVE THE GALL TO KEEP THAT ONE TRICK PONY ANDROSS IN HIS?!

I swear they will either shove him where he doesn't belong (Adventures) or keep his name referenced in the series (every game without Andross). Is it too much to ask to give K. Rool at LEAST the Andross treatment rather than every new game going out of its way to pretend he doesn't exist? I'll even take K. Rool in Mario Badminton! I need my Kremling fix satisfied!!

D

Deleted member

The story isn't finished for Golden Sun. Dark Dawn literally left on a cliffhanger.
Then why do they keep making Mario sports games instead of Golden Sun? If they don't see Golden Sun as profitable, they won't do one, regardless of whenever or not it's on a cliffhanger. And based off the fact that sports games are less risky than a Golden Sun title, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Then why do they keep making Mario sports games instead of Golden Sun? If they don't see Golden Sun as profitable, they won't do one, regardless of whenever or not it's on a cliffhanger. And based off the fact that sports games are less risky than a Golden Sun title, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Because its Mario and Mario is more profitable than any other franchise. And they were tasked to do the Mario Tennis game like they've done before. Plus if anything, this is a positive. Now they can do HD games. They don't decide to make a new Mario Tennis game. If Nintendo wants a new one, they go to Camelot and are like "Yo, make this."

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Star Fox Zero looks cool... But one major thing irks me.

THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO BOOT K. ROOL OUT OF HIS OWN SERIES BUT HAVE THE GALL TO KEEP THAT ONE TRICK PONY ANDROSS IN HIS?!

I swear they will either shove him where he doesn't belong (Adventures) or keep his name referenced in the series (every game without Andross). Is it too much to ask to give K. Rool at LEAST the Andross treatment rather than every new game going out of its way to pretend he doesn't exist? I'll even take K. Rool in Mario Badminton! I need my Kremling fix satisfied!!
I know, it's unfair that we have to get these random bosses instead of K. Rool, yet Andross has to be in every Star Fox game because they can't come up with a new villain and they can't just let Star Fox 64 go and actually make an actually new game for once.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Every one of the Golden Sun triliogy was a financial success even though none of them got any real advertisement, so while the sports games are more reliable cash-grabs, Golden Sun 4 is not some massive risk, either. They said in 2012 that they had yet to start on the 4th game and were apprehensive by that point because they thought demand had pulled too low after Dark Dawn being worse, not bad, but not as amazing as the first two games. The amount that people have fought for Golden Sun in Smash 4 has proven that the fanbase is still strong.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I know he did, I'm just saying that we haven't had a real, new Star Fox game any more.
Because the series dropped in popularity after Adventures, was and continues to be significantly stronger in demand in the wester than eastern market, and both command and 64 3DS sold less units than Awakening, the bloom title for a previously quite niche series that was close to being dead.

They're playing it somewhat safe with SF-Zero, but damn if it doesn't seem like a solid game even if the plot isn't going to be revolutionary for the series or be a leap forward for the timeline.

Last edited:

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Because the series dropped in popularity after Adventures, was and continues to be significantly stronger in demand in the wester than eastern market, and both command and 64 3DS sold less units than Awakening, the bloom title for a previously quite niche series that was close to being dead.

They're playing it somewhat safe with SF-Zero, but damn if it doesn't seem like a solid game even if the plot isn't going to be revolutionary for the series or be a leap forward for the timeline.
I still thought SF Zero was the best thing out of the digital event.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I still thought SF Zero was the best thing out of the digital event.
....5th best, for me. The two zelda things, Paper Jam, and Yo-Kai Watch. But that's just me.

But the point is SF-Zero, yes, is pretty "samey" on some principle points from 64... but that's because 64 was the biggest thing for the series and they're trying to recapture some of that with this new installment.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people are acting as though there will only be one Ballot Character. They could very easily add multiple characters if they sell well, which you know they will.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
DKR2 not being revealed otherwise, it wasn't that bad. If you guys seriously think it's the worst E3 ever, watch 2008 again.

It's up to us now, guys. This started as a grassroots operation and it'll end as such. Don't lose morale; we're at the halfway mark.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Wii U is Nintendo's worst console. Period.
It'd be better if they actually made games for it. Seriously, how many of Nintendo's 1st party WiiU's games 1) are not designed as a party game, and 2) do not have a 3DS port?

I think they should actually do something with the console, and show people what it can do. And that does involve more than just inviting your friends over to play Mario [fill in the blank]

Burruni

Smash Hero
Same. Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, technically Mother 1.
Splatoon
WW HD
Zelda U
Star Fox Zero
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade X
SMT x FE
Tropical Freeze
Mario Maker
Super Mario 3D World
NSMBU+Luigi U
Nintendo Land.

It's one of the worst handled consoles of Nintendo overall, but far from the worst.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Splatoon
WW HD
Zelda U
Star Fox Zero
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade X
SMT x FE
Tropical Freeze
Mario Maker
Super Mario 3D World
NSMBU+Luigi U
Nintendo Land.

It's one of the worst handled consoles of Nintendo overall, but far from the worst.
Modern 2D Mario is lame, WindWaker is just a remake, Hyrule Warrios is a repetitive spinoff, Nintendo land gets old REAL fast, the general consensus is that Tropical Freeze is worse than Returns, SMTXFE is for weebs, and Super Mario 3D World is literally the most linear "3D" Mario game to date. Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, StarFox Zero, Smash, Splatoon, and MK8 are good. And Zelda U will most likely have a dual release on both the Wii U and NX, like Twilight Princess.

Top Bottom