• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
No I meant the balantly weird replacements for playable characters they seem to be given us. Miis in Mario Bros., these federation dudes in Federation Hunters thing, and I even think the Green, Red and Blue Links in Triforce Heroes look weird as ****.
Not to mention the weird new Mario Party with no cars, required amiibos, and Animal Crossing characters instead of Mario characters.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No I meant the balantly weird replacements for playable characters they seem to be given us. Miis in Mario Bros., these federation dudes in Federation Hunters thing, and I even think the Green, Red and Blue Links in Triforce Heroes look weird as ****.
They seem to be trying to incorporate more playable characters in the main series titles.

At least the Federatino Hunters make sense as a playable multiplayer character instead of the Mii characters in Mairo Bros.I still wanted a main Metroid title though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They seem to be trying to incorporate more playable characters in the main series titles.

At least the Federatino Hunters make sense as a playable multiplayer character instead of the Mii characters in Mairo Bros.I still wanted a main Metroid title though.
I just think it's really uncreative. Am just hoping Anthony Higgs makes an appearance somehow. That would fix the whole game for me.

Inb4 Smash 5's new Metroid character is "Federation Trooper".

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I just think it's really uncreative. Am just hoping Anthony Higgs makes an appearance somehow. That would fix the whole game for me.

Anthony Higgs could be the new Federation Trooper.

By the way, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam is on the Treehouse now.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Country Kremling Strike Force. You are a minion of King K. Rool as you fight back against Donkey Kong's many other enemies to prove your boss is his top adversary.
That sounds kind of cool actually, I like the idea of playing as a bad guy.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
First of all, I've been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post here, so you can add me to the support list or whatever. Second, they're playing Smash on the Treehouse right now, I don't know if this means something or not.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So that e3 day1 was a.... travesty. Why? NOT AT ALL because there was no Donkey Kong or K. Rool. But for the fact that 80%of it was Mario Maker, which we've heard about for months now. They revealed what? 3 NEW never-before seen games and the rest were games we've already seen. And lastly because they basically threw some people on camera to play these games who look like they've never played a Star Fox or Mario game in their entire life. WUT!? But there's still what, 2 MORE DAYS of e3 left? IDK what the SUPER let down is about? They already hinted a new DK game in two instances already. With the DK amiibo being useable in a "future title" and the bananas on the puppets lap. Not recycling information but had to input my.... input.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Shock of all shocks, this E3 delivered basically nothing. There's nothing to disappoint, but other than Star Fox and Paper Jam, there's nothing remotely satisfactory either. And yet, as a silver lining, no new bandwagons seem to have sprung up to challenge us.

I feel a little sorry for guys like Isaac and Krystal, who have to scramble somewhat now that Camelot isn't making GS4 and she's been retconned out of Star Fox, respectively. They're basically undergoing what Tropical Freeze was for us: a new game that looked like it would be the final nail in the coffin and where the Smash fanbase all but demanded we fall on our swords, give up and make way for more "muhrelevant" characters. We overcame that by selling K. Rool and embracing the "revival" part of putting him in Smash. Time will tell if other fanbases are able to do the same.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shock of all ahocks, this E3 delivered basically nothing. There's nothing to disappoint, but other than Star Fox and Paper Jam, nothing remotely satisfactory as well. And yet, as a silver lining, no new bandwagons seem to have sprung up to challenge us.

I feel a little sorry for guys like Isaac and Krystal, who have to scramble somewhat now that Camelot isn't making GS4 and she's been retconned out of Star Fox, respectively. They're basically undergoing what Tropical Freeze was for us: a new game that looked like it would be the final nail in the coffin and where the Smash fanbase all but demanded we fall on our swords, give up and make way for more "muhrelevant" characters. We overcame that by selling K. Rool and embracing the "revival" part of putting him in Smash. Time will tell if other fanbases are able to do the same.
Yo, say what you want.

Zelda - 3 Swords Adventure Cosplay Edition was more exciting to me than SFZ

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Shock of all shocks, this E3 delivered basically nothing. There's nothing to disappoint, but other than Star Fox and Paper Jam, there's nothing remotely satisfactory either. And yet, as a silver lining, no new bandwagons seem to have sprung up to challenge us.

Some people in the Krystal fanbase are overreacting honestly, saying they quit on Nintendo because Star Fox Zero is basically Star Fox 64. The Isaac thread is fine, we'll just wait like we have been for GS4.

btw why do you sound like some wise master or something lol.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Some people in the Krystal fanbase are overreacting honestly, saying they quit on Nintendo because Star Fox Zero is basically Star Fox 64. The Isaac thread is fine, we'll just wait like we have been for GS4.

btw why do you sound like some wise master or something lol.
The Isaac thread is a pity party. We are mainly hoping that someone other than Camelot is making the Mario Tennis Wii U game, but that is highly unlikely. Camelot is making Mario Tennis Ultra Smash:

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/mario-tennis-ultra-smash/

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The Isaac thread is a pity party. We are mainly hoping that someone other than Camelot is making the Mario Tennis Wii U game, but that is highly unlikely.
And then the Bandana Dee thread is basically "We had our series theme of transformation be the stated one for the direct but didn't even get shown as an Amiibo for all the times their function were shown."

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And then the Bandana Dee thread is basically "We had our series theme of transformation be the stated one for the direct but didn't even get shown as an Amiibo for all the times their function were shown."
Sadly, the Lip Thread is used to this disappointment. Those guys have it the worst out of us, their chances are almost nothing.

The Geno Thread is hoping that Alpha Dream adds Geno in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey we at least know they can make HD games now. That's a plus.
Maybe, but I would rather have Camelot try that with Golden Sun at the earliest they could.

Question to everyone: Do you think the Developer Round Table will have anything worth listening in for?

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Maybe, but I would have rather Camelot try that with Golden Sun at the earliest they could.

Question to everyone: Do you think the Developer Round Table will have anything worth listening in for?

Oh yeah. Totally. They always show something cool behind doors first before releasing info to the public.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Maybe, but I would rather have Camelot try that with Golden Sun at the earliest they could.

When is the Round Table anyways? I can't find the time online anywhere.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, it'd be far better for a new GS game to be a launch title than being late in a console's life span. At least now I have some hope for Saria in Hyrule Warriors (I'm positive they'll gradually announce new characters for that game).

Basically, its back to the drawing board for everyone. The only fans who got even a semblance of hope is Paper Mario, but I still doubt we're getting Paper Mario in Smash.

GS4 isn't even deconfirmed at all. But Camelot certainly isn't making it (yet). Krystal fans have it a lot worse since it does seem she's been removed from the series entirely. Of course, many traditional Star Fox fans enjoy this because they hated Krystal anyway.

For GS fans its not too bad. In fact, its good that we know Camelot is still alive and active, and can make HD games. This doesn't really affect Isaac for Smash at all, in any way.

Krystal, on the other hand, was outright REMOVED as far as we can tell. Yeah, its still early, but I highly doubt she's going to show up.

Lol

At least we have something to speak of, cause apperantly Nintendo registered Diddy Kong as a trademark! :4diddy:
That still makes no sense at all. We've heard nothing from Retro either. Since Retro's project(s) weren't announced, they're clearly not coming until late next year at the earliest.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Geno Thread is hoping that Alpha Dream adds Geno in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.
As long as Square Enix wants to keep Super Mario RPG from Nintendo, there will never be a Mario & Luigi × Paper Mario × Super Mario RPG (I'm still surprised Geno got a cameo in M&L: Super Star Saga)

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
On a different note, the Skylanders Bowser and DK designs, instead of making me excited for that game, actually made me hyped for a DK or Mario Warriors type thing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
On a different note, the Skylanders Bowser and DK designs, instead of making me excited for that game, actually made me hyped for a DK or Mario Warriors type thing.
Donkey Kong Warriors... Don't make me change my pants man!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I prefer "DK: Gorilla Warfare" honestly. :D As a title for a DK Warriors game that is.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, you guys, Mario Tennis U page is promising characters never before in the series, what if K.Rool came to that and M&S Rio?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I would sell my WiiU if that happened..
But in all honesty it seems like the 3DS is for sure the more dominate console.
3DS has way better titles than the WiiU.

Sure sticker star sucked but there getting Paper Jam before WiiU even got a Paper Mario...damn..wish i never sold my 3DS but i needed the money...i might have to get one back...im really intrestes in what GF are gonna do with the next pokemon game to because they are at a roadblock now they have remade all the old games i dont wanna gen7 either...hmmm.....
Ahh man...i wanted a DK/Metroid/Paper mario U so bad...
E3 was so terrible..Nintenso wise...

PS:Guys how good was the Wii Paper Mario?
As good as N64 or Thousand Year door.?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would sell my WiiU if that happened..
But in all honesty it seems like the 3DS is for sure the more dominate console.
3DS has way better titles than the WiiU.

Sure sticker star sucked but there getting Paper Jam before WiiU even got a Paper Mario...damn..wish i never sold my 3DS but i needed the money...i might have to get one back...im really intrestes in what GF are gonna do with the next pokemon game to because they are at a roadblock now they have remade all the old games i dont wanna gen7 either...hmmm.....
Ahh man...i wanted a DK/Metroid/Paper mario U so bad...
E3 was so terrible..Nintenso wise...
According to most people, E3 was terrible in general. There were some good announcements from everyone, but not much else.

Say, you guys, Mario Tennis U page is promising characters never before in the series, what if K.Rool came to that and M&S Rio?
Considering its Camelot and they love their DK characters, yeah, I could see K. Rool and Dixie being in Mario Tennis. That said, there's no way they're announcing it until K. Rool is announced for a new DK game. M&S Rio, iffy, but it seems like its going to have a lot more playable characters this time. There's currently two more known Sonic characters than Mario characters (Zazz and Sticks), and probably more where that came from.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
That would be great, but we'll probably get something like Cat Mario or Pink Gold Peach knowing how Nintendo usually handles Mario spin-off rosters these days.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That would be great, but we'll probably get something like Cat Mario or Pink Gold Peach knowing how Nintendo usually handles Mario spin-off rosters these days.
This is Camelot, though. That's not how Camelot handles spinoff rosters, they do a lot better with that.

The one thing I hope is that Camelot adds GS characters to it, though I doubt that will happen either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PS:Guys how good was the Wii Paper Mario?
As good as N64 or Thousand Year door.?
I liked Super Paper Mario for what it was worth. Have only played that game, and Thousand Year Door, so I have no idea about 64 Paper Mario, but the style of the game is quite untraditional Paper Mario. No turn based battles, but real time in platforming style. The game has quite an impressive story though. And it's awesome to play as Peach, Bowser and Luigi to. So yes, I recommend the game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I liked Super Paper Mario for what it was worth. Have only played that game, and Thousand Year Door, so I have no idea about 64 Paper Mario, but the style of the game is quite untraditional Paper Mario. No turn based battles, but real time in platforming style. The game has quite an impressive story though. And it's awesome to play as Peach, Bowser and Luigi to. So yes, I recommend the game.
To bad..i hate playing Wii games....

Top Bottom