• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

plrichard

Smash Cadet
That was literally the worst E3 conference I've ever seen. They announced what? 3 new games that we didn't already know about? And then a 3DS remake of a game that came out LAST NOVEMBER. I swear every time Nintendo draws me back in they almost immediately punch me in the face.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Might as well not even have a Nintendo Digital Event, just call it the Smash Bros. Show and call it a day, it's the only thing Nintendo has remotely going for it other than Star Fox Zero. Everything's being saved for the NX, mark my words.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That was literally the worst E3 conference I've ever seen. They announced what? 3 new games that we didn't already know about? And then a 3DS remake of of a game that came out LAST NOVEMBER. I swear every time Nintendo draws me back in the almost immediately punch me in the face.
Technically 7 new games, all spin-offs.

2:4mario: 2:4link: 2:4samus: 1:4villager:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I guess for Smash Bros at least, they thought the Ryu announcement was enough, BUT they did it completely wrong. It def should have been a Digital Event thing...instead of some random Smash Bros fans only announcement...

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I wasn't even expecting anything DK or Smash based, and I'm still disappointed. It was just spin-offs galore. Spin-offs don't usually get people hyped. Main series titles do. Metroid Wii U, not Metroid Sports or whatever that was. Hopefully they show something off in the following days, but man, if that was it they really screwed up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Retro is doing DKCR3 now. Whatever they are working on it won't be ready by early 2016, which is 3 years after TF.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I still can't get over that Metroid Federation s**t for 3DS.

How in the hell could you think that was passable for an E3 showing!? Stuff like that gets revealed hidden behind the backlog games of a Gameinformer magazine with a quarter of a page of mention.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
One of the Nintendo Reps just said, and I quote, "There are some things that we all get excited about and then realize like, Oh, this person is in Smash..and I can't tell anyone about it." Not sure if he was talking about Ryu or not but if you want to watch it again once its over and online, its the guy with the green/yellow octopus on his shirt. Another representative said they have surprises all week... Here is to hoping..guys

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Dk made his debut in the same game as mario yet he still does not get love by nintendo -.-

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dk made his debut in the same game as mario yet he still does not get love by nintendo -.-
To be fair, next year is the 35th anniversary of Donkey Kong. (Donkey Kong Country's 20th was last year.) Mario's 30th anniversary is from the anniversary of the first Super Mario Bros. game. Donkey Kong is considered the first DK game, so they'd probably do it based on Donkey Kong instead of DKC...

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Seriously there was nothing good to take from this digital event. It was so boring that I found myself frequently checking the time to see when it would be over. Nintendo seems like they are really giving up on the Wii U. The amount of games coming out for it are horrendous, and they had no big surprises saved for Wii U owners. I personally cannot get excited for any of the 3DS games since I don't have one. This was one of Nintendo's worst E3s even if you forget about the fact that we got no new DKC, Metroid Wii U, or Legend of Zelda Wii U. I was excited when I saw Animal Crossing on Wii U only to be crushed when I discover it is a party game. I got more excited for Sakurai's 20 minute Smash event than I did for Nintendo's whole digital event.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ugh, I'm done watching the live event, did I mention how much I hate the Treehouse? I really hope there are some new surprises later this week that we don't already know about.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
One of the Nintendo Reps just said, and I quote, "There are some things that we all get excited about and then realize like, Oh, this person is in Smash..and I can't tell anyone about it." Not sure if he was talking about Ryu or not but if you want to watch it again once its over and online, its the guy with the green/yellow octopus on his shirt. Another representative said they have surprises all week... Here is to hoping..guys
do you have a link

D

Deleted member

Well K Rool, maybe in the next Smash in 7 or 8 years
This doesn't hurt King K. Rool in anyway. It doesn't help, but it doesn't bring his chances down.

He's about the only character I can see get in due to the ballot at this point. Well... maybe Paper Mario if we want to stretch it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As someone who enjoyed some of the reveals (new and old), I'm not afraid to say that this direct was a step down from last year's by a long shot. Here's to hoping that Square's show actually cause less disappointment and more excitement.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I have to get ready for work and go eat but I can scarcely peel my eyes away from the horror and the hilarity of the comments.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't hurt King K. Rool in anyway. It doesn't help, but it doesn't bring his chances down.

He's about the only character I can see get in due to the ballot at this point. Well... maybe Paper Mario if we want to stretch it.
Please not Paper Mario...I always hated that in Party and or card games etc....like several versions of a character...

D

Deleted member

Please not Paper Mario...I always hated that in Party and or card games etc....like several versions of a character...
I actually don't expect Paper Mario to be DLC to be honest. I am still optimistic that King K. Rool will be the ballot character. I just don't think it's impossible anymore.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Paper Mario having a crossover game won't increase his chances of being DLC by much. Although I certainly wouldn't mind, it's one of my favorite series ever.

But seriously, K. Rool has been hurt absolutely zero percent by this. If anything, his chances are better now because there's no FotM from the digital event in the way. Not even Krystal or something, who made (and probably won't) no appearance in the SFZ trailer. (Which was ****ing awesome.)

I'm still pissed about no Mother 3 or DK game, though. Maybe in August.

(Seriously, ****ing baiting fans with Earthbound Beginnings and then BAM. Sigh.)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well ya never know... Now that Bowser and DK are Skylanders now, maybe if King K. does make a return in any way, they will throw him in Skylanders as well. More exposure is a good thing right..?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Paper Mario having a crossover game won't increase his chances of being DLC by much. Although I certainly wouldn't mind, it's one of my favorite series ever.

But seriously, K. Rool has been hurt absolutely zero percent by this. If anything, his chances are better now because there's no FotM from the digital event in the way. Not even Krystal or something, who made (and probably won't) no appearance in the SFZ trailer. (Which was ****ing awesome.)

I'm still pissed about no Mother 3 or DK game, though. Maybe in August.

(Seriously, ****ing baiting fans with Earthbound Beginnings and then BAM. Sigh.)
How? They never implied that they'd reveal Mother 3 coming over, they just finally localized the first one, that's not baiting. If they did that and then said "we have more in store for the Mother/Earthbound series," I'd agree with you. Personally, I think they want to spread out the three games rather then blow it all out in one go, so I think Mother 3 will come sometime later on.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Most of it were things we already knew about and endless jerking off of Mario Maker.
There were too many games we don't really care about, Star Fox Zero was pretty much the only hype worthy thing there.
That about explains it. Not too let down by the games but I can see why people are mad. That Mario and Luigi x Paper Mario crossover looks pretty great though. I do have one worry with the game however and it looks like the Paper Mario side is the guest of the crossover. Then again, anything will do over that godawful Sticker Star and it's mute Bowser, completely helpless Peach, rare sightings of Luigi Waldo, a Sticker Navi that makes you want to punch a dolphin and dropping the ball on everything else except Petey Piranha - OH MY GOD I LET IT GET TO ME AGAIN!

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
Well i've watched the Digital Event Video and i wasn't a big fan or expecting all this games. Some were great, some were okay and some were 'was that real?'
Pro: Another Zelda game for the 3DS with Link's in costumes. A new Star Fox game, Yoshi's Woolly World was the best part and i'll note that for my b-day and Paper Mario meets the real Mario.
Con: No new F-Zero game, no Wolf or earlier Ballot DLC for Smash Bros, Metroid: Blast Ball looks lame, no 2.5 Metroid game, where's Retro Studio's new project game? and Mario Maker is more focused than any other game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No new DKC is quite a dissapointment tbh. I was also looking forward for a new Golden Sun.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Metroid Galactic Federation Hunters is on the Treehouse if anybody is interested.

Edit: The Treehouse team is being jerks to each other.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That was literally the worst E3 conference I've ever seen. They announced what? 3 new games that we didn't already know about? And then a 3DS remake of a game that came out LAST NOVEMBER. I swear every time Nintendo draws me back in they almost immediately punch me in the face.
RealTalk..just came to see what you lot will be saying about it and i swear the first comment is see is yours....the whole confrence was so **** beyond belief...metroid galactic force?
**** off nintendo how are you gonna stick prime in the title?
Mario and Luigi Paper jam was probly the best game...

No new DK no new Paper mario U..No metroid...so ****...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Metroid Galactic Federation Hunters is on the Treehouse if anybody is interested.

Edit: The Treehouse team is being jerks to each other.
What this game even has to do with Metroid is beyond me. Probably just tagged the Metroid Prime logo upon it to make it sell. :facepalm:

Are we gonna get a DKC game without playable Kongs to?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What this game even has to do with Metroid is beyond me. Probably just tagged the Metroid Prime logo upon it to make it sell. :facepalm:

Are we gonna get a DKC game without playable Kongs to?
Donkey Kong Country Kremling Strike Force. You are a minion of King K. Rool as you fight back against Donkey Kong's many other enemies to prove your boss is his top adversary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong Country Kremling Strike Force. You are a minion of King K. Rool as you fight back against Donkey Kong's many other enemies to prove your boss is his top adversary.
No I meant the balantly weird replacements for playable characters they seem to be given us. Miis in Mario Bros., these federation dudes in Federation Hunters thing, and I even think the Green, Red and Blue Links in Triforce Heroes look weird as ****.

Top Bottom