• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pfft. Sonic has it easy. Lucina's getting blamed for 9/11 and is called a terrorist, and Diddy Kong has booty call phone numbers up on his.
What? Didn't Lucina debut long after 9/11? Man, the stupidity is just lousy and, just...ugh...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I dunno, I've had good experiences on the Miiverse stage so far. Just a bunch of "Can you do it?! SHORYUKEN!!" and I had a good laugh fighting Toon Link when a "DO IT FOR PENNSYLVANIA!" popped up in the background.

Seems like a good competitive stage too.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
What? Didn't Lucina debut long after 9/11? Man, the stupidity is just lousy and, just...ugh...
Oh she did, it's just that some little ******** think that having a clone of Marth that was effortless to make is as much of a sin as the deaths of countless in New York City as an act of terrorism.

The penis's were funny at first but get old quick, but this kinda stuff, plus personal information, ruins this stage. They either need full time moderators or just drop the gimmick all together.

And while I'm okay having Miiverse around as a stage, they either need to moderate what goes in there or use a pool of about 20-30 pre-made posts or something.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh she did, it's just that some little ******** think that having a clone of Marth that was effortless to make is as much of a sin as the deaths of countless in New York City as an act of terrorism.

The penis's were funny at first but get old quick, but this kinda stuff, plus personal information, ruins this stage. They either need full time moderators or just drop the gimmick all together.

And while I'm okay having Miiverse around as a stage, they either need to moderate what goes in there or use a pool of about 20-30 pre-made posts or something.
I think hardcore moderation would be a good angle. There's alot of jokes to be had, and it's an innocent enough idea that for the most part people seem to be taking to, looking around some of the Support forums, and someone smart could easily take out all the ***** and personal information.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OH GOD THERE'S PEOPLE"S PHONE NUMBERS BEING POSTED ON THE MIIVERSE STAGE

For Diddy: "Want Hoo Hah call me baby :)"
With an actual number below which I won't list here.

So I bet this stage won't last long.
Someone posted PENIS and yes, I too saw a 9/11 comment on there as well while I was playing on that stage. I knew this wasn't going to be a good idea.

I knew there would be stupid idiots and pervs posting stuff like that for the miiverse stage

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Man, Lucina being made with little trouble that some people do not like is nowhere near the world affecting, serious and terrible level that 9/11 is. 9/11 is more serious and much bigger than Lucina could ever be, Lucina is just a video game character, while 9/11 is much more important and bigger.

I do agree, they really need to get some mods to keep Miiverse in check.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Man, Lucina being made with little trouble that some people do not like is nowhere near the world affecting, serious and terrible level that 9/11 is. 9/11 is more serious and much bigger than Lucina could ever be, Lucina is just a video game character, while 9/11 is much more important and bigger.

I do agree, they really need to get some mods to keep Miiverse in check.
Even the Mods don't help, some just delete a picture for being a spoiler to a game when others have already posted the same picture up and not been reported for it which is dumb and you can get in trouble for just censoring a post but still try to make it funny.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even the Mods don't help, some just delete a picture for being a spoiler to a game when others have already posted the same picture up and not been reported for it which is dumb and you can get in trouble for just censoring a post but still try to make it funny.
Then in that case, the Miiverse could use some even better mods, ones that are not so incompetent.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm sure the world would be a better place because of it:

Anyway, back to K. Rool. I'm pleased to see so many people believe he's the most likely to be in after Wolf, who's most likely to be Pre-Ballot anyway. Hopes are higher than ever!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm sure the world would be a better place because of it:

Anyway, back to K. Rool. I'm pleased to see so many people believe he's the most likely to be in after Wolf, who's most likely to be Pre-Ballot anyway. Hopes are higher than ever!
I don't want to get them to high though, right now I just want to hear something about a new DK game tomorrow.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm dying to hear about a new DK game tomorrow. Cake on the top would be DK amiibos to match. I'm not sure if I'd be astounded or sad that I'd be forced to empty my wallet even more to Nintendo.

StormC

Smash Hero
Welp, I'm working tomorrow.

Might watch the stream on my break, but I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate well with E3 on the mine. Might wait and watch it when I get home.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm dying to hear about a new DK game tomorrow. Cake on the top would be DK amiibos to match. I'm not sure if I'd be astounded or sad that I'd be forced to empty my wallet even more to Nintendo.
I doubt we're getting DK Amiibo yet. We've got a leak with Animal Crossing Amiibo instead. Granted, we could get DK Amiibo here I'm just not sure about it yet...

I DEFINITELY think its coming later, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miiverse is both the best and worst stage.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
To alleviate the load of male body parts and lame meme writing on said stage. I plan giving to Donkey Kong Miiverse stage posts a drawing of King K. Rool doing this Genie quote.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love the layout and the fact we got another neutral 3 platform Battlefield-esk stage.

But boy do I hate some of the inappropriate crap on said stage.

We need a King to Krush that Kraziness.
To be fair, a good chunk is genuine neat things.

Its just the trolls are butt.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To think, tomorrow could make the difference between K. Rool becoming an unstoppable bandwagon-powered force or him getting driven over by a series of other bandwagons...it's a little nerve-wracking, but hey, we've been pleasantly surprised by big Directs before (the April Smash Direct showcasing Smash Run's Kremlings).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My positive thought: If K. Rool isn't confirmed, that confirms nothing negative for him.

And if he is confirmed (which would most likely be something ala what happened to Mewtwo where he'd be announced with an incomplete model and he would be released in like 4 months), that's pretty much a free lifetime of hype.
To be fair, a good chunk is genuine neat things.

Its just the trolls are butt.
True. Some of the drawings are funny. I played a match and saw an "Easy Money" Bizzarro Flame thing when facing a CPU Ganondorf (Bizzarro is one of the top Melee Ganons in the world, and a player who used to basically take my lunch money at local Melee tournaments LMAO).

Still, I'm surprised how much they let slide. I would be very vigilant and only add like 100 a day per character for each stage for the next few weeks, and then after that add like 10 per character.

D

Deleted member

To think, tomorrow could make the difference between K. Rool becoming an unstoppable bandwagon-powered force or him getting driven over by a series of other bandwagons...it's a little nerve-wracking, but hey, we've been pleasantly surprised by big Directs before (the April Smash Direct showcasing Smash Run's Kremlings).
I seriously doubt King K. Rool will be driven over by a series of bandwagons at E3. Remember that if nothing else we still have the largest bunch of genuine fans who will stick with King K. Rool until the bitter end. I know I will.

Also I really don't see Shantae, a western-exclusive indie third-party character, becoming playable as DLC. We have no Nintendo characters that would outmatch King K. Rool at the moment. Our only real potential threats are Isaac, Krystal, and maybe Ray and that is only if they get major appearances at E3. Even then, we still have a plausible shot of getting King K. Rool in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
'On September 11, 2001, 19 men hijack four fuel-loaded commercial airlines bound for west coast destinations. [...] A total of 2,977 people are killed in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history.'
--from: http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/us/september-11-anniversary-fast-facts/

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If anything, I sure hope to the Crystal Coconut that some of the Miiversians use a shimmer of common sense.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Highly doubt it sadly, too soon to announce DKCR3 (not too early to start though)
Retro Studios and/or Monster Games could have started DKC Returns 3 development (namely pre-production), specifically sometime when Tropical Freeze's development was winding down.

They also could recycle a lot of elements and stuff that was tested, planned, or even originally in Returns or Tropical Freeze.

Also, an announcement doesn't even require development to start to be a thing.

Smash 3DS and Wii U were announced while somewhere around 8 months into pre-production (which is often handled by an outside studio), and about 8 months before actual production even began back in 2011. Smash 3DS came out 3 years and 3 months later, and Smash Wii U came out about 3 months after that.

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Since almost every smash 4 newcomer got its own unique gimmick, what do you think would make a good gimmick for the King of the Kremlings? I'm not really sure, footstool immunity when he's wearing the crown could make a good one, but it might be unfeasible with Kaptain and Baron alts.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
could someone help me understand the overwhelming push for kkr? i understand that the donkey kong series could use a new rep, and i understand that kkr was the antagonist of the dkc trilogy, but he doesn't look to me like he fits in in the smash roster. he's not necessarily too big, but it's more in his design, he doesn't look like a fighter. i'd just like to know since there's the possibility he'll be revealed later today.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
could someone help me understand the overwhelming push for kkr? i understand that the donkey kong series could use a new rep, and i understand that kkr was the antagonist of the dkc trilogy, but he doesn't look to me like he fits in in the smash roster. he's not necessarily too big, but it's more in his design, he doesn't look like a fighter. i'd just like to know since there's the possibility he'll be revealed later today.
I think its unlikely he'd be revealed, best-case scenario they announce that he's the most wanted ballot character and will be added later.

That said, you'd really have to play the original DKC trilogy. Plus, a lot of characters don't look like fighters.

King K. Rool has 7 boss battles to draw from going by the original trilogy, the Donkey Kong Land trilogy, and DK64. DK Land 3 is the only land game that has anything different from the DKC games, though, where he shoots beams of electricity and grenades (in DKC3 he just has electric nodes that shoot electricity instead and he just controls everything with a remote).

K. Rool is big and bulky. He is a physical fighter, even though he doesn't look physically fit because of his gut. The Paon design overplays his gut, but he's closer to a sumo wrestler, and has massive muscles as well.

That said, K. Rool tends to rely more on gadgets and trickery in his boss battles. The blunderbuss is an iconic tool he used in DKC2/DKL2 and is generally the main thing people like, but he could also use electricity and grenades from DKC/L3.

The bigger reason why people like him, though, is because he's hilarious. K. Rool has a massive quirky personality, and has amazing expressions. Dedede has great expressions in Smash, and K. Rool would simply be amazing if filled to the brim with his full personality in this game.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Oh and you think these guys do? :4mii::4miif::4villager::4villagerf::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4pacman::4olimar::4alph::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:

King K. Rool is the equivalent to Bowser, the Kremlings are to DK as Koopas are to Mario, that's one if not the main reason he's important to the franchise not to mention he should've already been in the smash bros. games by now (most say brawl but for me it's since melee).

Last edited:
Top Bottom