• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I certainly don't think it's too soon for more DK, more DK is always welcome.

Though if Retro were to ever get anywhere close to what Rare used to be, they could be making DK, Metroid, and a new IP.

At the same time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think, if it were to be a new DK, it'd be either a 3DS port of Tropical Freeze or, if we're lucky, a 3D title. A second DKC on the Wii U would be great, but a long shot.

Hoping that, if it's Metroid, there aren't too many comments to the tune of..."Finally, Retro is making a REAL game instead of effing DK! Two was too many, so bring on the fourth Metroid instead!"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hoping that, if it's Metroid, there aren't too many comments to the tune of..."Finally, Retro is making a REAL game instead of effing DK! Two was too many, so bring on the fourth Metroid instead!"
Wishful thinking. There's gonna be flaming on both sides whether it's DK or Metroid.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd honestly love to see what Retro would come up with in terms of a new IP. Even if it will never be another Banjo.
I think, if it were to be a new DK, it'd be either a 3DS port of Tropical Freeze or, if we're lucky, a 3D title. A second DKC on the Wii U would be great, but a long shot.
I'm hoping for a 3D title, it'd be the perfect time for our King to come back. There's also the overall lack of Banjo styled 3D platformers since the early 2000's, what I wouldn't give to have a new taste of collectathon goodness...

As long as it isn't as convoluted as DK64, never had I thought there could be too many collectibles, but...

Hell, Diddy's newfound function as a glorified jetpack is perfect for a 3D platformer too.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
All I know is whatever Retro's new project is, it will be amazing. They haven't made a single bad game yet and even though the majority want Prime 4, I'd love to see what they could do with another Nintendo IP. Since they've mastered the FPS and 2D platforming genres, why not try something completely different like F-Zero? I consider them to be the next Rare, being able to take any genre and instantly master it, so I'm happy with anything really and so should everyone else.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm thinking 2016 is when we'll probably get DKCR3, it seems too early at this point.

I remember Retro saying that they'd love to make a new 2D Metroid game in the same vein as Super Metroid, I'm personally hoping for that or any other kind of Metroid announcement.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'd honestly love to see what Retro would come up with in terms of a new IP. Even if it will never be another Banjo.

I'm hoping for a 3D title, it'd be the perfect time for our King to come back. There's also the overall lack of Banjo styled 3D platformers since the early 2000's, what I wouldn't give to have a new taste of collectathon goodness...

As long as it isn't as convoluted as DK64, never had I thought there could be too many collectibles, but...

Hell, Diddy's newfound function as a glorified jetpack is perfect for a 3D platformer too.
I hope Diddy will be able to get off of his back Banjo Tooie style. Diddy would be badass solo.

Or perhaps you're playing as DK in third person on the t.v. and Diddy acts as some sort of turret on the gamepad in first person shooting peanuts of death from his back at the same time. Do it RETRO!

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'd actually love a new DK64 game for Wii U, I can just imagine the reveal trailer ending with...

"Ooh...Banana!"

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure, If Nintendo actually can handle a game like DK64. The gameplay itself would be no problem for them, but the humor and wackiness is the thing, their probably won't handle right. Nintendo is more the sweet, colorful, cute and cuddly and Rareware was more cartoony, whacky and sometimes even a bit dark. Look at King K. Rool and Mad Jack. Their where freaky back in this game.

If Nintendo will make a DK64, then they will make it more child friendly like Retro did it with their DKC-Games.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Wasn't Tropical Freeze supposed to come out on 3DS? What ever happened to that?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
you guys need to also be ready for nothing to be announced as well, just cause there website is getting revamped doesn't nevessarily mean there is definitely a new game getting revealed

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The idea came up in an interview before Tropical Freeze's release. In a nutshell, the Retro employee said that it wasn't in the cards at the time, it's something they'd consider in the future, but that it'd be a more challenging task than Returns 3DS was (due to the HD graphics and shifting camera angles on some stages).

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I hope not. Donkey Kong Country Returns ran horribly on the 3DS. I hate to imagine how butchered Tropical Freeze would be.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
DKC:TF could easily come out on the new 3DS, that has better processing power to handle a game like TF.
Yeah, uh... I don't think so. Even the Wii U can barely handle it. Have you SEEN the loading times? Imagine how horrible a 720p native game would look on a handheld device that has 240p (sub-SD) screens. Nintendo should commission Donkey Kong Land Returns from Monster Games instead. No more ports, please.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They said soon, that's all we know, I'll go get the article quickly
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/0...-will-we-get-a-glimpse-of-their-next-project/
As it's a big update, it's most likely about a new game
What about a Metroid/Donkey Kong hybrid?

Now... it may sound like I'm kidding, but considering how many Nintendo Crossover IPs we have gotten lately, namely Pokken, Hyrule Warriors, and the plethora in MK8--- maybe its a bold new marketing move from Nintendo to cater to their most valuable asset, the Intellectual Properties.

In all seriousness though, I think it is Diddy Kong Racing 2.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I would be up for it if it works. ^

I do wonder. If DK crossed over with a third party franchise, what will it be? Banjo would've been an obvious answer, but y' know. I would also love a Metroid X Halo game if Microsoft just so happens to leave the console business and focus more on their PCs.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I still have hope that Nintendo bought the Banjo IP.

....Hope is powerful. It can move mountains, and maybe... just maybe... even IP ownership.

Cant we all just believe?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey guys, if K. Rool does make it as playable dlc for ssb4, who plans on getting his amiibo as well?

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I still have hope that Nintendo bought the Banjo IP.

....Hope is powerful. It can move mountains, and maybe... just maybe... even IP ownership.

Cant we all just believe?
I hate to burst that lovely bubble of yours, but I believe M$ trademarked a new Banjo title. And Battletoads.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I have faith Retro is working on one final DK game before they move on to another franchise.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey guys, if K. Rool does make it as playable dlc for ssb4, who plans on getting his amiibo as well?
I know I would get EVERY DLC amiibo, that way, I don't miss out on that character like I might with a normal amiibo. At the moment, I've got eight, looking to get Shulk by the end of the month.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Metroid X Donkey Kong hybrid, eh? I believe we saw a glimpse of that in one of TF's hidden levels, I believe, in the world where you face the fish.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ridley steals bananas from Samus while K.Rool eats DK's mother
I assume this is a prequel to DK64 then. Deep. Now that I think about it, that's brutal. K. Rool would have to either kill Wrinkly, then chop her up, chop her up alive, or just slowly eat her, alive or dead. And this is K. Rool we're talking here, so I think we know which one he is going with. Brrrrrrrr.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It'll be interesting to see where DK goes in the coming decade or so. I think Retro has a third and final DKC in them, and there's always the possibility of a new 3D game as well, but after that, it's up in the air. After the 3D game, we have no idea what to expect, since that's as far as Rare got with the series way back in the day. It could be followed up with another "Jungle Beat" that throws out everything, but after how profitable "everything" has been in the past few years, that seems unlikely. Something unexpected seems the better choice, but what could that "something" be?

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It'll be interesting to see where DK goes in the coming decade or so. I think Retro has a third and final DKC in them, and there's always the possibility of a new 3D game as well, but after that, it's up in the air. After the 3D game, we have no idea what to expect, since that's as far as Rare got with the series way back in the day. It could be followed up with another "Jungle Beat" that throws out everything, but after how profitable "everything" has been in the past few years, that seems unlikely. Something unexpected seems the better choice, but what could that "something" be?
Back then I think it was ok to say that DK was at the same level as Mario and Zelda but like many have said, once Rare left it fell a little bit into Obscurity. Then Retro comes along and revives it, although Returns may not have been perfect, it was a nice start back to DK's platforming style, Tropical Freeze improved it better I think too by bringing back David Wise and giving better enemies than the Tiki's, they even referenced K. Rool in some of the levels such as the rock formation with a banana crown and and underwater face statue with retracting spikes. I think it's safe to say that Retro is the new Rare of back in the day, I mean you have Michael Kelbaugh and David Wise there too. And they love listening to the fans. I guarantee not only will the kremlings return in the third dkcr installment but we may very well see more DK related stuff as well hopefully up to the point where we'll be seeing tons of DK merchandise again. Mario and Zelda are cool too and I love them as well but DK deserves to be up their status as well as top selling franchises.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think after the raging success of DKCR, Nintendo won't let DK fall by the wayside again.

I'd like to see them do some more 3D platformers with DK, there's a huge gap in the market for 3D platformers to make a comeback.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hate to burst that lovely bubble of yours, but I believe M$ trademarked a new Banjo title. And Battletoads.
Good luck trying to burst my bubble, I'm one of those fans who doesn't let his hopes for gaming ever get destroyed. *hopes, of course, not being expectations* Games are for fun and for bonding, man!

I do believe the new game Retro will announce, however, is Diddy Kong racing. Just throwing that out there again, since it didnt get any comments, and unless another group is working on DKR2, it has been rumored for a long while.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Does anyone think that Bowser Jr. could of nabbed K. Rool's specials? Perhaps K. Rool with his tools and weight was just not deemed viable enough to balance without being extremely good or bad.

B: Cannon turned into Bowser Jr.'s cannon
Down B: Klaptrap turned into MechaKoopa
Up B: Downward Blunderbuss Blast turned into Klown Kopter ejection
Side B: Sideways Blunderbuss Jet Propulsion turned into Kart

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Does anyone think that Bowser Jr. could of nabbed K. Rool's specials? Perhaps K. Rool with his tools and weight was just not deemed viable enough to balance without being extremely good or bad.

Not necessarily. Let's not forget K Rool's time boxing or as a mad scientist. Or his amazing singing and dancing.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Good luck trying to burst my bubble, I'm one of those fans who doesn't let his hopes for gaming ever get destroyed. *hopes, of course, not being expectations* Games are for fun and for bonding, man!

I do believe the new game Retro will announce, however, is Diddy Kong racing. Just throwing that out there again, since it didnt get any comments, and unless another group is working on DKR2, it has been rumored for a long while.
Not sure if you saw, but Mingy Jongo on twitter (team of ex rare devs) looks like they may be doing their spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie after all.

DKR2 seems to be a possibility too actually, it's been rumoured for some time now.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I doubt it, that'd be like saying King Dedede stole K. Rool's moves in this game, examples:
1. Up b: high jump leap that stomps on enemies
2: side b: Spiked balls instead of Waddledees

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

That's the amazing thing about K Rool- he could, in theory, just about be a clone of anyone, that's how arrayed his moveset is.

How fun would it be if K Rool turned into the Mokujin copycat fighter of Smash Bros? A New outfit for each character.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Given K. Rool's fondness for dressing up, it'd be cool to give him a Kirby-like Copy ability. I'd imagine it to work a bit like: He grabs the opponent, and spins them in a tornado move, when he releases them he's wearing their costume.

It'd be a lot of work, but it'd be well worth it IMO.

Top Bottom