• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Not mindlessly. Ridley is quite intelligent.

He's like Ganondorf, Ridley and K.Rool combined.
Tortures... Is sadistic... Ambitious... And just a kid... Oh dear god.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tortures... Is sadistic... Ambitious... And just a kid... Oh dear god.
Add a god complex and a literal inability to see oneself in the wrong and you have Porky.

He's also REALLY good at making you feel like crap.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The post review for Klub Nintendo was available for me, definitely made sure to request the king, his chimp nemesis, and many other good choices for DLC or Smash 6. I just hope they actually hear our please and give him the recognition that he deserves.

Also, how did no one mention Egil or Metal Face in terms of worse villain?

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Not mindlessly. Ridley is quite intelligent.
By Mindlessly I meant he does it with no questions asked and not because of a death penalty like K. Rool's.

The post review for Klub Nintendo was available for me, definitely made sure to request the king, his chimp nemesis, and many other good choices for DLC or Smash 6. I just hope they actually hear our please and give him the recognition that he deserves.

Never seen them to tell, but they must be super nice to their enemies like the Wood Elves from LotR.[/quote]

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Egil isn't really a villain. He's a well intentioned Extremist. There's good in him. Just hidden under anger.

Metal Face is bad though, but K.Rool and Porky have shown more blatant disregard for life.

By Mindlessly I meant he does it with no questions asked and not because of a death penalty like K. Rool's.
Even then no.

The manga has him follow orders begrudgingly and question a Chozo leader.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
So I've been watching some episodes of that DK TV Show and I have to say... that CG really has come a long way since then. :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just an update on our kremling kampaign, David Wise accepted my friend request on facebook yesterday, I just sent him a message telling him about K. Rool and us, here's hoping he gets it. Apparently he hasn't used his twitter account for a long time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just an update on our kremling kampaign, David Wise accepted my friend request on facebook yesterday, I just sent him a message telling him about K. Rool and us, here's hoping he gets it. Apparently he hasn't used his twitter account for a long time.
Pics?

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Just took the Club Nintendo Post Play Survey for Smash Wii U. Mentioned how the game would be perfect if it had K. Rool, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas as playable characters. Elaborated a bit on K. Rool and put a link to the Kremligh Kampaign's website.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Add a god complex and a literal inability to see oneself in the wrong and you have Porky.

He's also REALLY good at making you feel like crap.
He's not even love to hate, like Kefka or Ghetsis. He's just an all around abominable person.

If one good thing can be said about the Subspace Emissary, it's that you can beat the **** out of him as Ness or Lucas.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's not even love to hate, like Kefka or Ghetsis. He's just an all around abominable person.
True.

With K.Rool/Bowser/Ridley/Ganondorf/etc. You like them. You want them thwarted but it's always nice seeing them doing their routines of villainy.

Not with Porky.

You want him to stop.

But you want him gone.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Porky is absolutely despicable in Earthbound, and maybe even more so in Mother 3 where he uses the entire world as his playground, the whole chimera project he has going on is disgusting. Yet, you can't help but develop a little pity for him, he never outright shows anything in his personality outside of being cruel, but if you pay attention to a whole lot of things leading up to his appearance in Mother 3, like him keeping a lot of relics that are trademarks of Ness, it's very apparent that he's really just a lonely kid. Itoi himself has commented that Porky was made out to be a tragic figure, we see how bad of an uprising he has in the opening of Earthbound, so when a kid like that is suddenly put in a powerful position he just goes off the rails. Porky is very easily the best written character Nintendo has made, at face value he's really just the worst kind of person, but it's the subleties that make him so great. That could be said about Earthbound itself too, the game is a lot smarter than it makes itself out to be.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys! I have an idea! For those of you who use miiverse and have smash U, participate in the snapshot challenges! Use K. Rool in them and make them good! If they are good enough, he might appear on the winning gallery!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
True.

With K.Rool/Bowser/Ridley/Ganondorf/etc. You like them. You want them thwarted but it's always nice seeing them doing their routines of villainy.

Not with Porky.

You want him to stop.

But you want him gone.
well hey, at least he's gonna live alone I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream style, so it's something.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Finished the "Charging" section in the thread's OP. Next up is "Cannonballs," which I'm quite excited to get into, considering all the options that exist for the concept.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Kremlings are love, Kremlings are life. I finally figured out how to get rid of the golden ssb rings on the trphies to make them look a little more convincing.

008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Kremlings are love, Kremlings are life. I finally figured out how to get rid of the golden ssb rings on the trphies to make them look a little more convincing.

View attachment 32323 View attachment 32324 View attachment 32325
Hey, Bowser K. Rool, you seem to have a lot of fun with that app. Why not enter that competition they have going on? The theme is Eat! If you decide to enter, post the snapshot in the dedicated community. It is found in the related communities tab.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey, Bowser K. Rool, you seem to have a lot of fun with that app. Why not enter that competition they have going on? The theme is Eat! If you decide to enter, post the snapshot in the dedicated community. It is found in the related communities tab.
problem is, I don't have much for food item trophies except for that spicy pasta and maybe power up mushroom. Otherwise I would enter.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
problem is, I don't have much for food item trophies except for that spicy pasta and maybe power up mushroom. Otherwise I would enter.
Ahh, yeah can see how that might be a problem :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ahh, yeah can see how that might be a problem :p
lol yeah, well it seems like they're going to keep going with the contest in some other ways, so I'll just wait for the next topic for it once the food one is done.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What specifically did you have in mind for this idea? Cannonballs that are flaming when fired? Cannonballs that catch on fire when they land onstage?
The former is a) the standard option and b) the easiest to implement. A cannon that catches fire when landing onstage sounds much more like a Molotov or a non explosive grenade to me. Though, it could work as a "trap" type of cannonball(like the Rocket Raccoon thing some pages ago), doing double duty as defense and possibly a small combo starter.

And while we're on the subject of cannonballs, here's a few ideas at the top of my head:

-Spiked cannonball: Slower but more damage.
-Cloaked cannonball: More startup but difficult to see.
-Glove/Hammer cannonball: Slower projectile that stops in front of an enemy and whacks them with a boxing glove or a hammer. Trigger range would be maybe a character's length. Would fit the playing dirty aspect.
-Ice cannonball: Less damage but 2 second freeze. Would be a fairly situational cannonball type.
-Explosive cannonball: A timed explosive whose timer increases depending on time charged(going off the possibility of cannonballs being charged attacks). A tap makes it clock in at 2 seconds. Half charge would be 4. Full charge would extend it to 6.
-Scatterball: At the cost of damage, splits up into 3 smaller balls after a small distance and covers more. If you wanted even more range, make the initial split into 6 smaller balls and reduce damage farther.
-Restraining cannonball: With increased startup time, fire a cannonball that traps the enemy in a net or a tied rope. Great for team play.

These are all imperfect ideas, so do alter them if you so wish.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The former is a) the standard option and b) the easiest to implement. A cannon that catches fire when landing onstage sounds much more like a Molotov or a non explosive grenade to me. Though, it could work as a "trap" type of cannonball(like the Rocket Raccoon thing some pages ago), doing double duty as defense and possibly a small combo starter.s a few ideas at the top of my head:
you mean like Fire Arrows?

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
I have a terrible idea for a DK/Mario crossover game. Not Smash, but a platformer were :4dk: and :4diddy: take on :4bowser: (or Dixie and :4diddy: if :4dk: is too Ridley sized for a Mario game,) on there other side :4mario: and :4luigi: go against K. Rool since he kidnapped :4peach: for "trespassing". Which of the duo will have a better time?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a terrible idea for a DK/Mario crossover game. Not Smash, but a platformer were :4dk: and :4diddy: take on :4bowser: (or Dixie and :4diddy: if :4dk: is too Ridley sized for a Mario game,) on there other side :4mario: and :4luigi: go against K. Rool since he kidnapped :4peach: for "trespassing". Which of the duo will have a better time?
This reminds me of that one Crash and Spyro crossover from way back when.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep! Those were the ones.

Anyway, regarding K. Rool, I love how so many options are being added. At this point, anyone who says he has no potential is clearly not worth the time. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think I should start watching this thread even though I know next to nothing about this guy.
Every time I come here I am not disappointed with what I read.

Plus, DKC fans seem pretty cool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyway, regarding K. Rool, I love how so many options are being added. At this point, anyone who says he has no potential is clearly not worth the time. :p
"But are they ICONIC K. Rool options??? No character has ever had attacks in Smash that weren't iconic!"

Once I get one or two more write-ups done, I'm gonna start tweeting links out to help spread the word and (ideally) slowly eradicate the possible Nintendo higher-up sentiment that "he's not unique."

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No character has ever had attacks in Smash that weren't iconic!"
Captain Falcon's attacks were anything but iconic. No source material for a fighter from his *ahem* racing game. Though, depending on interpretation, they are iconic as the relic of the initial prototype character in Smash 64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom