• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Is anybody worried about that Rosalinax leak having more credibility due to inside drifting confirmed for Mario Kart 8. As the roster in the leak said K Rool would not be playable.

D

Deleted member

Is anybody worried about that Rosalinax leak having more credibility due to inside drifting confirmed for Mario Kart 8. As the roster in the leak said K Rool would not be playable.
It's possible that it's real, but inside drifting with nerfs does little more than to show that leak isn't dead. It doesn't elevate it anywhere near Sal Romano's status, which has very strong backing with CAW Evolution verifying him, Wii Fit Trainer being in (a virtually impossible scenario), and Sal Romano being right on every character so far. In contrast, inside drifting with nerfs was expected in Mario Kart 8 after heavy criticism for inside drifting being overpowered in Mario Kart Wii.

As someone who has been followed both this and the Sal Romano leak; I'd say believe the Sal Romano leak and pay attention to the RosalinaX leak, but don't assume it's real unless an unlikely prediction from RosalinaX comes true (which so far, he has none of). If that doesn't happen, we likely won't know this leak is real until release.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What SSBF said, and also, RosalinaX never put out a roster. K. Rool isn't on Sal's lists, but we don't know whether or not those are the final roster. Plus, there are scenarios where unknown newcomers could be part of the 48 (that "could change") allegedly spilled by RosalinaX.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I am a little worried to be completely honest. For K. Rool, and for Lucas to be one of the four cuts.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh wow bikes have inside drifting, not like it already happened in Mario Kart Wii or anything.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
From what I can tell, nerfing inside drifting is to Mario Kart's gameplay as nerfing Meta Knight is to SSB4...not that challenging a guess, though still something that technically keeps the 'leak' in "not dead yet" territory for now.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Are we forgetting that even IF the RosalinaX leak is "true", he said that the roster "might change". Which means that it doesn't really tell us anything either way.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
From what I can tell, nerfing inside drifting is to Mario Kart's gameplay as nerfing Meta Knight is to SSB4...not that challenging a guess, though still something that technically keeps the 'leak' in "not dead yet" territory for now.
From what I've seen, the inside drifting bikes have been buffed instead. Now they produce two sparks instead of one like in Mario Kart Wii.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
From what I've seen, the inside drifting bikes have been buffed instead. Now they produce two sparks instead of one like in Mario Kart Wii.
You haven't seen a lot.

It's been nerfed heavily.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Really hope the only thing true from the RosalinaX leak is the roster size, feel like 48 is good but would like more. (I'm greedy, yes yes.)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I really hope the RosalinaX leak is fake. As someone who wants Dixie and K. Rool, that is worrisome, especially since the Sal Romano leak looks very convincing to me. Let's assume that both are true for a second. Brawl had 39 characters in total. Subtracting the cuts (4) and adding all of the confirmed newcomers (6) and the unconfirmed SR leak newcomers (6) brings us to 47 characters, which leaves us with only one slot left. And that's not even counting the possible return of Mewtwo, which I think is very likely.

D

Deleted member

I really hope the RosalinaX leak is fake. As someone who wants Dixie and K. Rool, that is worrisome, especially since the Sal Romano leak looks very convincing to me. Let's assume that both are true for a second. Brawl had 39 characters in total. Subtracting the cuts (4) and adding all of the confirmed newcomers (6) and the unconfirmed SR leak newcomers (6) brings us to 47 characters, which leaves us with only one slot left. And that's not even counting the possible return of Mewtwo, which I think is very likely.
To be fair, RosalinaX did mention that "it could change". It's possible that the forty-eight characters refer to the ones that are definitely in and that there are more character hanging in the balance. So technically, it'd still be possible to see King K. Rool as a high priority character and Dixie Kong as a last-minute newcomer as well. Pessimistically, it could be referring to all forty-eight characters planned with characters hanging in the balance, meaning no DK newcomers (I consider Mewtwo as a shoe-in at this point; inb4 Gekkouga and Pokemon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire).

That being said, this leak is nowhere near as strong as the Sal Romano leak right now. Like I said, do pay attention to it, but I wouldn't believe it like the Sal Romano leak. Until we see RosalinaX leak something unlikely that gets confirmed, I wouldn't factor it into predictions.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, if we see the same increase as in Melee and Brawl, we're looking at 52 or 53 characters. I'm not saying we'll get that many, but the precedent is there, 50 is more than likely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
*sigh*

Did I really come to the K.Rool thread to talk about these "leaks" again?

I don't believe any of them.

PacMan, Mii, Chorus Kids / Men and Shulk are terrible choices to.

Ok, Shulk less so. But he's not exciting either to me.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't believe any of the leaks either (mostly out of skepticism), although I can understand why people believe them.

K. Rool has a pretty good chance based on what we have seen in the games, so he doesn't need the leaks. That said, it really would be nice to see a credible leak containing K. Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The best thing about these 'leaks' is that the ones writing it try their very best to sound believable. Which opens up new prespectives. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Getting tired of seeing leak discussions almost everywhere I go too. Places like the good ol' K. Rool thread are supposed to be a refuge from that, or at least should be.

D

Deleted member

Getting tired of seeing leak discussions almost everywhere I go too. Places like the good ol' K. Rool thread are supposed to be a refuge from that, or at least should be.
Agreed, everyone follows those "leaks" blind, and others use them for reasons the character isn't going to be in the game, one thing is for sure, unless Sakurai says so, the nothing is confirmed

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
There's absolutely no reason that leaks should be discarded if there's good reason to believe them. A person who consistently reveals information about the game or sometimes even pictures and footage is pretty clearly either legit, incredibly lucky or somebody who has amazing photoshopping/video editing/3D modelling/programming skills and absolutely no life to speak of.

The only leaks that are even slightly notable are the Palutena leak and the Sal Romano leak, the former being clearly a step above most others with an actual picture with no real flaws, and the latter because it's included at least one very hard-to-predict newcomer and three others. Neither of these leaks actually have any bearing on K. Rool's chances whatsoever and so have no reason to be discussed here in the first place.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I haven't really visited this thread in awhile. How are things looking for the good King?

Don't say anything about leaks...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How are things looking for the good King?
He's got a parasite infestation on his back, so he's currently seeing the local bird crew to get that cleaned up.
Afterwards he's going to the local meat deli to get a lot of venison.
Then he's going to watch his favorite soap opera "Smitten Salamanders".

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a thought I had...the three newcomers on the site without "Want to know more about X? Visit Y website!" links under their profiles were the three newcomers revealed at E3 2013 (Mega Man, WFT, Villager). Maybe K. Rool could follow in their path, since he has no obvious link to feature either? Although if he doesn't show up, that's certainly not doom and gloom for him, unlike certain other characters (pretty much all remaining third parties and arguably Ridley as well).

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Just a thought I had...the three newcomers on the site without "Want to know more about X? Visit Y website!" links under their profiles were the three newcomers revealed at E3 2013 (Mega Man, WFT, Villager). Maybe K. Rool could follow in their path, since he has no obvious link to feature either? Although if he doesn't show up, that's certainly not doom and gloom for him, unlike certain other characters (pretty much all remaining third parties and arguably Ridley as well).
I think that's just a coincidence, though I do find it very strange that Villager's page doesn't link to the New Leaf site.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is pretty much the only character that I personally care to see in the game at this point. There are still other characters I would like to see get in, but that's mainly to satisfy their respective fans. I will be dissapointed if he doesn't get in.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think that's just a coincidence, though I do find it very strange that Villager's page doesn't link to the New Leaf site.
I agree, but I'm not complaining. Goes to show that not every newcomer is in the game to "promote" something or another.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"Want to know more about King K. Rool? Visit the official website for Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U and 3DS."

Also, I had a dream last night that the King was shown as a trophy in a Pic of the Day...
I was very happy to find out it was a dream.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm sorry, but I would laugh so hard if this happened...

"Want to know more about King K. Rool? Visit the official website for Mario Super Sluggers."

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I feel K. Rool is likely to appear at E3 in some form or another. The fact that the Kremlings returned despite the long absence in the main games isn't something that can be easily brushed off nor do I feel this could not be anything but a hint towards K. Rool's return. Considering he is their King, I don't think Sakurai wouldn't be aware of the fact that the return of the Kremlings would prompt people to guess that K. Rool may be in especially considering his mass amount of requests both in the East and in the West.

In other words, if K. Rool were to be in as playable, I feel he is most likely to be revealed at E3, more so than ever.

D

Deleted member

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I feel K. Rool is likely to appear at E3 in some form or another. The fact that the Kremlings returned despite the long absence in the main games isn't something that can be easily brushed off nor do I feel this could not be anything but a hint towards K. Rool's return. Considering he is their King, I don't think Sakurai wouldn't be aware of the fact that the return of the Kremlings would prompt people to guess that K. Rool may be in especially considering his mass amount of requests both in the East and in the West.

In other words, if K. Rool were to be in as playable, I feel he is most likely to be revealed at E3, more so than ever.
I'd be careful with that prediction. King K. Rool could still very well be an unlockable (if they return) should he be in and there's also the very real possibility that Mewtwo or Palutena takes K. Rool's spot as the highly popular newcomer addition (if we assume three newcomers that is).

Of course this doesn't assume that we don't find out the entire roster at E3, which is not impossible.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I agree, but I'm not complaining. Goes to show that not every newcomer is in the game to "promote" something or another.
While I think that the opposite may very possibly be the case, I do think it should be pointed out that the included characters that are capable of being used for promotion are naturally going to be shown off earlier, regardless. "Irrelevant" newcomers such as K. Rool may very well be in the game, but simply haven't been revealed yet because they have no release to promote. Such newcomers, if they exist, will likely end up as the hidden characters that are only revealed once the roster gets leaked.

D

Deleted member

*sigh*

Did I really come to the K.Rool thread to talk about these "leaks" again?

I don't believe any of them.

PacMan, Mii, Chorus Kids / Men and Shulk are terrible choices to.

Ok, Shulk less so. But he's not exciting either to me.
The Gematsu leak is probably real at this point. There's a reason why I take this one seriously and not others (even RosalinaX is suspicious to me). This is the same leak that has been verified by CAW Evolution (a person known for verifying fighting game leakers) and leaked Wii Fit Trainer, a character literally no one expected. It'd be wise at this point to accept the leak as real. Beside, it's not like this leak rules out K. Rool getting in; he's still one of the most likely newcomers outside of the confirmed/leaked characters (Mach Rider is the only one I think has a better shot just because I think a revived retro character as very likely and who else would it be? Takamaru is already revived anyway. Also obviously Mewtwo, but that's a Melee veteran).
I don't believe any of the leaks either (mostly out of skepticism), although I can understand why people believe them.

K. Rool has a pretty good chance based on what we have seen in the games, so he doesn't need the leaks. That said, it really would be nice to see a credible leak containing K. Rool.
Same here. That being said, while he didn't need to be in the two Gematsu leak, he along with everyone else who still has a shot desperately needs to be in the third leak (should there be one for newcomers, which we don't know). If he's not on the third Gematsu leak, his chances are dead. Same with Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Isaac, Ridley, Roy, etc.
I haven't really visited this thread in awhile. How are things looking for the good King?

Don't say anything about leaks...
I'd say pretty good. I can't really think of anything that's really going against K. Rool at this point. He'd be a shoe-in if it weren't for the fact that we have no idea what Sakurai thinks of playable K. Rool, but we'll find out soon enough.
The King is in the game and its more than just a trophy too. Whether it be playable or a hazard is what I'm wondering
Unless I'm mistaken, bosses in SSE all have massive, sweeping hitboxes. It's certainly possible that things may change with how bosses operate in Smash Run, but if they don't, then I have a very hard time seeing K. Rool as a boss in Smash Run since King K. Rool focuses a lot on projectiles in his game and I can't imagine him with massive, sweeping hitboxes.
He could end up as an Assist Trophy. But let's hope that's not the case.
Much as that would suck, to be fair, there has been a precedence for playable characters upgrading from Assist Trophy (Little Mac). K. Rool having a larger role in this game would result in K. Rool having a plausible (not guarantee) chance of returning in a main DK game. If that happens, he'd be able to follow Little Mac's footstep in Smash 6. Whereas with boss... no such precedence. Still, you are right.
While I think that the opposite may very possibly be the case, I do think it should be pointed out that the included characters that are capable of being used for promotion are naturally going to be shown off earlier, regardless. "Irrelevant" newcomers such as K. Rool may very well be in the game, but simply haven't been revealed yet because they have no release to promote. Such newcomers, if they exist, will likely end up as the hidden characters that are only revealed once the roster gets leaked.
Let's look at the confirmed/Gematsu newcomers:

Villager - An Animal Crossing rep was highly requested during pre-Brawl, so that explains Villager. I doubt he was added due to the recent game; the design is from Animal Crossing: Wild World after all (which when you think about it, puts a damper on the recency argument on recurring franchise).
Mega Man - Most wanted newcomer, should be obvious why he's in. No link necessary.
Wii Fit Trainer - Odd one out, but Sakurai likely looked into Wii Fit Trainer due to the influence of the Wii Fit series. In search of an unique newcomer, Sakurai found that the Wii Fit Trainer was up his alley an decided to add her. Since there's no leak, she was likely revealed early to prevent a R.O.B.-like situation where people needlessly blame the exclusion of X character on her.
Rosalina - Rising importance in the Super Mario Bros. franchise; has a link towards Super Mario 3D World.
Little Mac - Has a new game; links towards his Wii game.
Greninja - Is the 6th gen newocmer, links towards Pokemon website.
---
Mii - Most iconic new characters on the Wii; would link towards a Wii game.
Pac-Man - Legendary third-party character; would link towards a new Pac-Man game (Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventure).
Chrom - Latest lord, would link towards Fire Emblem Awakening website.
Palutena - In Kid Icarus Uprising, would link towards that game.
Shulk - Main protagonist of Xenoblade, would link towards such game.
Chorus Men - Rhythm Heaven is a popular new franchise and would link towards Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I'm also going to throw in Mewtwo on there since I think it's a shoe-in; Mewtwo would also link towards the Pokemon website.

Of those thirteen, I see Mega Man, Pac-Man, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent, Chrom being unlockables. Since K. Rool would have nothing to promote if he got in, I could see it being a similar case to the first three where he doesn't link to a website and I can definitely see unlockable K. Rool as a plausibility.

Top Bottom