• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ Pacack Pacack

Still a little choppy, but it looks decent enough when it's smaller. I can try doing the colours differently if this doesn't fit right.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In all fairness, that particular image is probably difficult to not only crop, but edit as well, as the original is a bit blurry and the shading is kinda hard to work with.
Certainly. I know from experience that it's not easy.

@ Pacack Pacack

Still a little choppy, but it looks decent enough when it's smaller. I can try doing the colours differently if this doesn't fit right.
Are you aware that this is saved in .gif form?

Also, let me see if my friend had a cropped version without the white background. That would certainly help.

EDIT: Derp. Double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If that thing had a scalier skin texture, I'd wager that's pretty close to what K. Rool would look like in the actual game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Are you aware that this is saved in .gif form?

Also, let me see if my friend had a cropped version without the white background. That would certainly help.

EDIT: Derp. Double post.
Huh, didn't know that made a difference. Here it is in png then.

Well that does look a lot better now, whadaya know. Are the colours good enough then?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Huh, didn't know that made a difference. Here it is in png then.

Well that does look a lot better now, whadaya know. Are the colours good enough then?
Pretty good. I'll make an icon and see what it looks like.
If that thing had a scalier skin texture, I'd wager that's pretty close to what K. Rool would look like in the actual game.
I'd take that bet too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I saw you guys were trying to cut out the picture, so wanted to help out.
I made it the cleanest I could I had to touch up some areas though.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Wow. I'll do it in a bit. Do you think you could lower the green levels? The gold doesn't look red enough to me. It's almost perfect, though.

EDIT: Also, very slight imperfection on the eyes. I think you'll see it if you look.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Mother of god, that's amazing.
I hope you don't mind, I edited the gold a bit because it looked a tad too green, like Pacack said.

Definitely using this on my own roster. You wouldn't happen to be free to do a couple others would you?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
By the way, has it been stated where that K Rool picture comes from?

Mother of god, that's amazing.
I hope you don't mind, I edited the gold a bit because it looked a tad too green, like Pacack said.

Definitely using this on my own roster. You wouldn't happen to be free to do a couple others would you?
Better, but there's still that annoying little eye imperfection. If it wasn't for that, it'd be flawless.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wow. I'll do it in a bit. Do you think you could lower the green levels? The gold doesn't look red enough to me. It's almost perfect, though.

EDIT: Also, very slight imperfection on the eyes. I think you'll see it if you look.
Okay I made some changes if the saturation is off PM I don't want to flood the thread with color tweaks lol.

Also, Boom. Couldn't help myself.

Now if only this was real... I'm almost tempted to post this on Sakurai's twitter page. :troll:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ask and you shall partially receive:

Have these too:
(New, made by me)
Also mine.
You wouldn't happen to have the original images would you? I don't use roster maker, I custom make my own roster. I'd need the large transparent picture of the character. Palutena and Ike don't really have any good render images that I can find.

Also, this is getting off topic, could you reply to me in the character thread?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay I made some changes if the saturation is off PM I don't want to flood the thread with color tweaks lol.

Also, Boom. Couldn't help myself.

Now if only this was real... I'm almost tempted to post this on Sakurai's twitter page. :troll:
I'd go right ahead and send it to him. There's nothing to lose; if he's in the game, he'll have a good chuckle to himself, and if he's not, he'll realize he f***ed up big time and will start thinking about correcting said f***-up for next game.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd go right ahead and send it to him. There's nothing to lose; if he's in the game, he'll have a good chuckle to himself, and if he's not, he'll realize he f***ed up big time and will start thinking about correcting said f***-up for next game.
I actually mustered up the balls to do it:

Not the type to pester devs for what I want, but it's still worth a shot to put it out there.
Worth a shot for real.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope everyone is hanging in there in this thread. It was a tough week with DKC:TF coming out, and the Direct. It could very well have happened for us all, but no sign of the Kroc yet! Keep your hopes up, I'm sure he's yet to come!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've actually been considering writing a brief letter to Retro Studios talking about why we'd like to see the Kremlings in a new game, why they mean more to us than "crocodiles [that don't] need to [come back]." Definitely couldn't hurt to plant the seed early, especially considering a new DKC will be in the cards in a few years from the sound of interviews.

I have a few rough ideas I've mulled around with, but does anyone have any suggestions about what ought to be included in such a letter?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@N3ON made the old banner, so perhaps, if we ask nicely, he'll make an updated copy with this new model?

I'll update the DOJO image at the bottom of the page for sure. Tomorrow, I'll also go back and add all of the people who asked to be put on the Kutthroat list as well over the past few pages. Sorry for not doing so earlier, but Kong Kollege is no joke.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oky, last time, I promise.

I slightly edited the colors of James' scaly edit and I think this is the best (and final) that I'm going to do:

Voila. I am done.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Can someone tell me how heavy handed Miyamoto's opinions were for TF? Like, what's this I hear about him and Cranky? I'm getting catty with local gradeschoolers in the park and I really wanna burn em good.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, nice job on making that K. Rool render convincing. Almost makes me want him in the game. ...Almost. :p

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
@N30N made the old banner, so perhaps, if we ask nicely, he'll make an updated copy with this new model?

I'll update the DOJO image at the bottom of the page for sure. Tomorrow, I'll also go back and add all of the people who asked to be put on the Kutthroat list as well over the past few pages. Sorry for not doing so earlier, but Kong Kollege is no joke.
Especially with these tuition prices. 2 DK coins just to save? Just the life of a broke kollege student.

Top Bottom