• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was as shocked as several of you seemed to be when I saw that that article was written by a guy named Alex Jones and yet was not about how the Kremlings want to take our guns, or how K. Rool was responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing or whatever.
Heck, I'm surprised he doesn't support the Kremlings' return, K. Rool is the only guy who actually has some sort of gun in DKC (as far as I know at least.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Heck, I'm surprised he doesn't support the Kremlings' return, K. Rool is the only guy who actually has some sort of gun in DKC (as far as I know at least.)

"The only way to stop a bad Kremling with a gun is a good Kong with a gun."

[COLLAPSE="*guns removed from final game*"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
In reality a prepared K. Rool would out-gun us and utterly destroy the 2nd amendment.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman

Dunno if this has been posted in here yet, but if not, it's about time it was.
My favorite K. Rool theme is his DK 64 theme. I'm suprised they didn't keep that as his main theme in any other DK games. DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DIIIII! :grin: Love that intro! Grant Kirkhope is a god when it comes to music.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
My favorite K. Rool theme is his DK 64 theme. I'm suprised they didn't keep that as his main theme in any other DK games. DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DI-DI-DI DIIIII! :grin: Love that intro! Grant Kirkhope is a god when it comes to music.
David Wise however is a great composer too. Just listen the new tracks from DKC:TF and you'll hopefully agree :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rehcist, eh? :troll: :p

Anyway, I asked this in the Mac thread, so I may as well ask here. What do you think K. Rool's newcomer art piece will look like? The four we've had have been really nice, and fitting to their home series.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Anyway, I asked this in the Mac thread, so I may as well ask here. What do you think K. Rool's newcomer art piece will look like? The four we've had have been really nice, and fitting to their home series.
eh, no idea. could be anything.

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
David Wise however is a great composer too. Just listen the new tracks from DKC:TF and you'll hopefully agree :)
Of course! Can't forget about that legendary jungle beat. I feel like in DKC Wise focused more on percussion, and in DKC2 he focused more on the melody and chords.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Rehcist, eh? :troll: :p

I think that, for K. Rool, Ridley, or any other villain who becomes playable, their artwork will feature them in a climactic battle with their archenemies (the Kongs, in this case).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As a fellow Kutthroat, it is a bit embarrassing, but I beat the original DKC today. I had played the game, but never completed it until today. :p Playing DKC2, now, which I'd say is definitely an improvement over the first. On a side note, Diddy Kong has become my favourite character in the series. :awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As a fellow Kutthroat, it is a bit embarrassing, but I beat the original DKC today. I had played the game, but never completed it until today. :p Playing DKC2, now, which I'd say is definitely an improvement over the first. On a side note, Diddy Kong has become my favourite character in the series. :awesome:
You think that's embarrassing? I've never even played any of the original DKC games.

I feel like a failure to the Kutthroats. But I have no way to play said games. :sadeyes:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I own Donkey Kong Country 3 for the GBA, and I've never finished it. Maybe I should get to that, I don't think I've ever finished a game completely because of my schedule.

Besides Kirby's Dream Land, a few NickToons games and some others I'm forgetting. Man, I should get rid of that habit.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Everyone here that beat all 3 DKC games as a child, raise your hand. Bonus points for beating DK64.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Everyone here that beat all 3 DKC games as a child, raise your hand. Bonus points for beating DK64.
*raises hand*
I've also 100 percented all of those games at least twice, including DKCR.
DKC is my life. DKC is in my blood.
No one here is a bigger DKC fan than me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've only ever owned the DKC trilogy on the GBA. Granted, my first exposure to gaming as a whole was watching my cousin fighting K. Rool on DKC for the SNES, and I played the original game during my visits, but in terms of going in-depth and completing each game 100% (technically 101/102/103%), the ports were what I had access to. I still play them whenever I'm flying home; usually, I can beat DKC on a single flight, and can get at least four-five worlds in with 2 and 3.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still havn't ever beaten DKC2 despite it being my #1 favorite game of all time. probably cause my snes broke a long time ago. :/

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't played any of the original DKC games either....But I've seen footage of them on Youtube, and I know enough about them to know how fantastic they are.

IIRC they were taken off the Wii Shop Channel's virtual console games, right? I guess emulators are my only option then.

DKC2 is the one I'm most interested in, a major reason being Kaptain K. Rool's boss fight, though I'm probably going to try the first game before any others.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I haven't played any of the original DKC games either....But I've seen footage of them on Youtube, and I know enough about them to know how fantastic they are.

IIRC they were taken off the Wii Shop Channel's virtual console games, right? I guess emulators are my only option then.

DKC2 is the one I'm most interested in, a major reason being Kaptain K. Rool's boss fight, though I'm probably going to try the first game before any others.
DKC2 is the best one no doubts about it. let's see if Tropical Freeze can top it. (spoilers, it wont.)

Top Bottom