• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Since I keep seeing swathes of people, Internet personalities included, who are so very sure Dixie is in over the King: for the sake of conversation, do we have anything to go on as to why she could be less likely than the King, apart from polls? Polls carry weight but we all know the number one spot isn't guaranteed to get in just by virtue of "winning".

K. Rool is all I want for this game but I genuinely feel Dixie has more going for her apart from sheer numbers. And I want to feel otherwise.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Since I keep seeing swathes of people, Internet personalities included, who are so very sure Dixie is in over the King: for the sake of conversation, do we have anything to go on as to why she could be less likely than the King, apart from polls? Polls carry weight but we all know the number one spot isn't guaranteed to get in just by virtue of "winning".

K. Rool is all I want for this game but I genuinely feel Dixie has more going for her apart from sheer numbers. And I want to feel otherwise.
Dixie doesn't have anything close to her own version of the Kutthroat movement and the impact it has, though; K.Rool, for better or for worse, is famous in the Smash community.

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
i just want to say whatever character comes from the ballot results soon i'll play as that character as long as its a real character and not another mii costume however i'm still waiting on my King K.Rool to get Revealed or he doesn't make an appearance at all due to sakurai

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, I think it's kind of rude that they haven't said anything about the ballot.
Hell, even a tweet just saying "the ballot's over, stay tuned in the coming weeks for more info".

This ballot was a huge deal to a lot of us.
Look, they have to announce SOMETHING about it closing. The fact that they haven't said a word yet is extremely suspicious.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

As I said before:
Personally, I think Dixie will wind up with the same fate as the Inklings: They both have great potential, and good fanbases, but they are relevant enough to be saved for a greater hype factor for Smash 5. There's going to have to be some conserved momentum, and this ballot is being used for the future and the present. With K.Rool we've brought him back from the brink of oblivion, and that is definitely something to be rewarded with his choice as DLC establishing his return to the DKC franchise, while Dixie already returning means that she can wait. Add to that while I think there will definitely be a female Ballot character, I think it's likely to be extremely unique, at the least humanoid, and either from an un-repped or barely repped franchise.

Also, with that criteria, I would say an Indie character is not impossible, but would have to have some pretty high standards, and one of them is having an established legacy, which honestly Shovel Knight doesn't have, he has a single game with about 300,000 sales on Nintendo systems, which is smaller than even the niche first party characters getting in. While Shantae has 3 games and greater sales(still smaller than Nintendo characters, but the stronger relationship). Honestly both are unlikely, but I really wanted to put out some full thoughts on this.

DLC only has so many spots and so much time, while the next Smash will have so much more, and there are some characters who will fit better for one over the other

Morbi

Scavenger
Look, they have to announce SOMETHING about it closing. The fact that they haven't said a word yet is extremely suspicious.
I WANT to agree with this sentiment; however, part of me believes that they do not have to say anything and that if they intended to, they would have. The ballot did not even close on time, I just sort of feel as though it was a big attempt at creating smoke and mirrors, the illusion that we, as fans, were contributing to the future of the game.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think it's kind of rude that they haven't said anything about the ballot.
Hell, even a tweet just saying "the ballot's over, stay tuned in the coming weeks for more info".

This ballot was a huge deal to a lot of us.
I completely agree.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I WANT to agree with this sentiment; however, part of me believes that they do not have to say anything and that if they intended to, they would have. The ballot did not even close on time, I just sort of feel as though it was a big attempt at creating smoke and mirrors, the illusion that we, as fans, were contributing to the future of the game.
That's a concern of mine. I have a krazy konspiracy theory that its just an excuse to get people to stop pestering Sakurai by giving people the ilusion of influence.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Keep supporting K Rool

Yotube
Miiverse
Facebook

Thats how I got Shulk Palutena Duck Hunt and Pac Man confirm for Smash.
Just some ideas to keep in mind.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
This post-ballot paranoia and uncertainness is making me ill.
No seriously, Im getting some strong bowel movements over here.

The only thing that annoys me more than Nintendo and his recent lack of information is that is the second time in the past weeks that I dream that King K. Rool is revealed; just to wake up and be completely ticked off.
The other day I dreamed DKCR3 though, it had Lanky Kong and cool graphics. It was cool.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

The all-important face of Lucina is about done.* She'll look more...her when I get her body completed. Also worked on making K. Rool looking less derp. He just wasn't sitting right with me. The jaw was a little large and only looked weirder with the smooshing of cheeks (and I was never going to back down from that idea. The more uncomfortable the better!)

*Thoughts?
It's kinda different seeing K. Rool smile like that. You don't see it that often. Looks great even in the beginning stages!

Forgot to comment on your great K. Rool masterpiece. It's a work of art for sure. Great job on that!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
The whole Youtube thing probably means something. I say keep a look out.

I just want K. Rool in Smash at this point. Retro's already acknowledged the support and we've brought the King back into the spotlight, I'm getting a bit tired of speculating on Nintendo's silence.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Hey there! I've been lurking this thread ever since the K. Ostume was announced, (I was feeling very discouraged about the King's chances. And I've been checking this thread ever since.) And now I've finally decided that it's about time I made an account, and became a real Kutthroat!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hey there! I've been lurking this thread ever since the K. Ostume was announced, (I was feeling very discouraged about the King's chances. And I've been checking this thread ever since.) And now I've finally decided that it's about time I made an account, and became a real Kutthroat!
Welkome!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The whole Youtube thing probably means something. I say keep a look out.

I just want K. Rool in Smash at this point. Retro's already acknowledged the support and we've brought the King back into the spotlight, I'm getting a bit tired of speculating on Nintendo's silence.
What Youtube thing, may I ask? You mean the movie list on the Smash site?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I have a theory as to why it's taking a while for the other versions of the ballot to close; it's because Sakurai and his team need to gather the votes from each poll. When that's complete, they'll close the ballot of the other versions as a sign that they finished collecting all the votes. It's just a theory, but it's plausible.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Interesting theory, very plausible, but why did they leave the voting open? Did the post-10/3 votes not even count?
Honestly, I doubt any votes that have been cast after 10/3 for any regions will not count towards the overall end results. I'm pretty sure that applied to Japan before it closed over there.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
REMEMBER GUYS, SINCE THERE THOUSAND OF VOTES IF THE TEAM/SAKURAI IS REALLY COUNTING THEM, MAYBE THEY'LL TAKE THEIR TIME, HENCE NO NOTIFICATION OF THE BALLOT ENDING.

Just my 0.02$

:bowser:

StormC

Smash Hero
I was hoping the end of the ballot period would mean we could all relax a bit and go back to normal speculation and discussion without paranoia and hemming and hawing over every little thing Nintendo does (or doesn't do).

Sigh.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, with all this goofy tweakery with the Smash videos, to you think they'd drop a c(k)haracter silently and nonchalantly on Youtube (And the Smash site) like they did with the Mario Maker Stage? Will we wake up one morning and go "Huh, look at that. K. Rools Kongfirmed."?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
That's a concern of mine. I have a krazy konspiracy theory that its just an excuse to get people to stop pestering Sakurai by giving people the ilusion of influence.
I have similar fears. The way I see it, the ballot is like a big test to determine if Sakurai is truly biased or not. If he doesn't add characters like Wolf or Krool, he is 100% biased and will receive proper punishment for such actions. This isn't the base roster, its DLC, and Sakurai can't use the same excuses he used with the base game, aka time restraints. I really do hope we get Wolf and Krool as DLC characters otherwise its game over for Sakurai. I really hope he's not biased against Wolf and Krool.
What ballot conspiracies do you guys have?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think everyone's konspiracy theories about the ballot are totally unfounded and ridiculous, just worthless pessimism.

So, with all this goofy tweakery with the Smash videos, to you think they'd drop a c(k)haracter silently and nonchalantly on Youtube (And the Smash site) like they did with the Mario Maker Stage? Will we wake up one morning and go "Huh, look at that. K. Rools Kongfirmed."?
No, if anything they're uploading a video or cleaning things up so they can upload a video for a character to be revealed in a Direct either this week or next week. They likely won't just randomly reveal a character, it will happen in a Direct, and there's supposed to be a big update dropping on the 16th for Splatoon with a likely Direct to happen before that.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I dunno. I'm actually kinda worried that all the time spent since Lucas and Royu was used to make the Mario Maker stage, and maybe the Mii costumes. The MM stage does have a whole bunch of variations. It's possible that they haven't started on any characters at all. :/ (I hope not though.)

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
You want my crack theory?

Here we go: We're not getting any news on this until 2016 and those three spots are the only ones we'll get for characters. Two will be vets and the actual newcomer won't be King K. Rool but another character, one that's either from an unrepped series, an indie character or someone that Sakurai likes, either from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. We'll likely see many more Mii costumes based on the votes themselves. In addition to that, I also feel that Sakurai and his team weren't doing anything outside of the stages and Mii costumes this whole time and right NOW they're starting work on the picks from the Ballot.

At this point expecting a good surprise from Smash is all but a dream. Just wait it out.

Top Bottom