• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've gotta wonder what the weekend will hold. I really want to see some new content this weekend, but I somehow doubt they'd blast an update at us on a Saturday or Sunday. I could be very wrong, however; the Royucas update was done on a Saturday, after all.
There is absolutely no chance of an update this weekend.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Wrong. There is a very high chance of an update next weekend. That is if you count an hotpatch to fix Diddy's ungrabbability glitch as an update.:denzel:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah, there is that, since there was an update recently. Either way, I still believe there is the possibility of some sort of teaser (like what they did with Mewtwo), so that shouldn't be ruled out yet.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

I made one last kontribution to the kampaign in this finest hour.... Only cheating if you get kaught!

I mean I don't kondone straight up cheating, but you know, if there was an election you bet our King wouldn't be playing so fair, heheheh.
Hahahahahaha! That's fantastic! Well done! (Your signature is incredible too!)

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
A bit late for this nya, but who cares nya!?

It's the final day nya! Vote for K. Rool while you still can nya!! We must seal the deal to insure of his arrival nya! Let our hopes and dreams finally come true nya! Lets show the world that we can change reality itself nya! Do it for smash nya! Do it for your friends nya! Do it for the kitties nya! Do it for yourself nya! You don't want K. Rool nya? Well too bad, you will.

Nyaa~:nifty:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So, what does everyone make of the fact that the three placeholder stages are named "Tiki Buzz"? Hinting at a new DKC stage, perhaps? Or just a throwaway joke name based on a throwaway joke enemy?
Buzz Lightyear confirmed?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So I was in a car accident earlier and as I sliding towards imminent doom I thought "I'm gonna be super pissed if I die before I know who wins the ballot".

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If the old 2005 Japanese survey is any indication, this ballot and its results will be used to determine who's popular for the next decade. Even if we don't win, we've made about as noticeable a mark as we could have. No way do we get absolutely nothing from this, either in Smash or in a DK game in general.
Great point that should be mentioned. King K. Rool has his Kutthroat's behind him and we will be noticed regardless of the outcome.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, there is that, since there was an update recently. Either way, I still believe there is the possibility of some sort of teaser (like what they did with Mewtwo), so that shouldn't be ruled out yet.
The soonest I could see anything being revealed is in a Nintendo Direct this month. There is one rumoured for the 14th which isn't so far away.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So I was in a car accident earlier and as I sliding towards imminent doom I thought "I'm gonna be super pissed if I die before I know who wins the ballot".
As long as you are unharmed then everything should be fine. I hope this is the outcome?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
This sounds scary... at least I'm glad you survived, hopefully without too much injury. Though personally I'm not sure if never knowing who would be winning the Smash ballot would be the first thing I'd think about if I was about to die.

Speaking about it, waking up with the thought that the ballot is over and that all votes are set in stone will feel unreal. That thing literally shook up everything in the Smash DLC anticipation community and even though it inevitably had to stop at some point its time will severely be missed. I hope we will have some sort of acknowledgment of the end of the ballot sooner than later, ideally tomorrow, or maybe in Sakurai's next Famitsu column in the upcoming week. Or maybe during the next Nintendo Direct.

Also bellboy64 bellboy64 I forgot to congratulate you, but this is an amazing piece of fanart which perfectly represents K. Rool's legacy. Really, congratulations!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
One last roll call on all the fanart I did for this Kampaign:

Miiverse stuff:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I just got back from Verizon. I have done all the voting I could on those phones. My part of helping with our goal has been done. Now we just need to sit back and wait for the results. As ICP would say, It's All Over, well, by the time today ends, anyway.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm totally fine. I may have slightly exaggerated about that being my first thoughts during the accident (my first thoughts are too profane for polite conversation). What made me think of it was I checked my phone and it was still on Smash boards from before I left. I guess the moral is "don't die until K. Rool is payable".

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just wondering but what is your favorite K. Rool boss fight?
Kaptain, definitely.

Best kostume, best music, most dynamic and difficult fight, most satisfying reward - everything about it is perfectly designed to denote a final, epic clash between the Kongs and Kremlings.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So I haven't been as active on these boards the past couple months as they have been real tough. I recently lost my brother this past August, I have a lot of fond memories of playing DKC together with him. He loved pirates and always liked King K. Rool. I hope I get to see K. Rool comeback for so many reasons....

Either way sorry, I didn't want bring anyone down with my personal life. Just wanted to share my current thoughts with like minded folks. I've seen come beautiful art on here especially from you bellboy64 bellboy64 what an amazing K. Rool tribute it's currently a background on my phone! I can't believe the ballot is almost over, it's been a long road. I don't how much I'll be back life is getting hectic. I hope to see K. Rool soon and I think we will I've been optimistic this whole time and im not changing my outlook. I think we will see K. Rool soon! Good luck Kutthroats I hope we get to celebrate in the coming months

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
MONSTER HUNTER AND VIRIDI COSTUMES AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahem. Anyway. So the ballot's ending tomorrow. Strange thought. Now it's just gonna be more waiting until we get news, I'm still fairly certain we're not getting any direct news tomorrow.
Just wondering but what is your favorite K. Rool boss fight?
I think the original King fight is the most memorable to me, just because it was the one I played the most. The Kredits got me good the first time I fought him as well.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Well, I just got back from Verizon. I have done all the voting I could on those phones. My part of helping with our goal has been done. Now we just need to sit back and wait for the results. As ICP would say, It's All Over, well, by the time today ends, anyway.
The dedication to K Rool is crazy in this thread.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
i made my last vote go toward King K.Rool and so i'm all set to see what happens next now that the ballot closes on the 3rd for saturday i hope King K.Rool makes it in from one of those Three empty character slots but if he doesn't get in well then we at least tried to get him in and he might now return to the Donkey Kong Country series that is only if he didn't appear in the Ballot Results

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
The sun has set nya. Have you put your vote in nya? The end of the ballet is almost here nya...! Tomorrow will be the dawn of a new day nya! K. Rool for smash nya! Make the dream a reality nya! We must stay on top nya! Let no miracles be granted to any other requested character that would ruin his chances at being number 1 nya! That's no creepy moon in the sky nya! That's K. Rool's smile shining down at us nya! Vote for K. Rool nya! Make him proud nya!! Our wish must come true nya! Why the hell are you still reading this nya!? Vote or I'll tear your intestines out and bake them into strawberry shortcakes nya!!

:nifty:Nyaaaaaa~~~!!!

The sun has set nya. Have you put your vote in nya? The end of the ballet is almost here nya...! Tomorrow will be the dawn of a new day nya! K. Rool for smash nya! Make the dream a reality nya! We must stay on top nya! Let no miracles be granted to any other requested character that would ruin his chances at being number 1 nya! That's no creepy moon in the sky nya! That's K. Rool's smile shining down at us nya! Vote for K. Rool nya! Make him proud nya!! Our wish must come true nya! Why the hell are you still reading this nya!? Vote or I'll tear your intestines out and bake them into strawberry shortcakes nya!!

:nifty:Nyaaaaaa~~~!!!
ahh the final night...this music should fit the mood,make sure to post the final hours song when there is 6 hours left.

Kutthroats
if you have any fanart you want to share now is the time,if for some reason you have not voted yet then do it now! and if you have a twitter account help out with the retweets and favoriting. because this is the last chance.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hmmm, I just had a thought: what if the ballot ends tomorrow, and they actually give us a certain, exact as to when the results will be posted, with the date being on the ballot page? What would you guys think of that?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It's been a krazy ride, Kuttthroats. I'm going to put my final vote in before the end of the day.

Personally I'm listening to some of the softer DKC tracks right now for the end of the ballot. It's been long, but if we're lucky we might just get K. Rool sooner rather than later, and it's all thanks to you all for making it happen.

By the way, I was looking through old posts and found out I somehow hadn't been initiated. Could someone fix that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's been a krazy ride, Kuttthroats. I'm going to put my final vote in before the end of the day.

Personally I'm listening to some of the softer DKC tracks right now for the end of the ballot. It's been long, but if we're lucky we might just get K. Rool sooner rather than later, and it's all thanks to you all for making it happen.

By the way, I was looking through old posts and found out I somehow hadn't been initiated. Could someone fix that?

Last edited:

ahh amiss abyss... a very beutifull song, check out this version

this is what im listening to right now,im a big avatar fan,and this song is very peacefull,soft and mellow i think you would enjoy it

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's been October 3rd for nearly an hour now where I am. Ballot's still open.

I submitted a final vote, because why the hell not?

It's been a hell of a good time, Kutthroats.

Come what may, we sail on to a new day.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Yo I was saving one last vote from a separate device for a while, decided to vote for K. Rool a 2nd time. Voted for him back when the ballot was first announced too, along with Wolf. I coulda voted Snake, Isaac or all sorts of other characters from games I have never actually played, but I decided to vote for this one. Twice. This character, who is also from games I have never played. I just love the idea of the character that much.

I've been reading this thread for a while too (since maybe around page 550 or so?), gimme that "One Of Us" song.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yo I was saving one last vote from a separate device for a while, decided to vote for K. Rool a 2nd time. Voted for him back when the ballot was first announced too, along with Wolf. I coulda voted Snake, Isaac or all sorts of other characters from games I have never actually played, but I decided to vote for this one. Twice. This character, who is also from games I have never played. I just love the idea of the character that much.

I've been reading this thread for a while too (since maybe around page 550 or so?), gimme that "One Of Us" song.
Allow me to do my first and only welcoming. Glad to have you on board!.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I've made my third and final vote in the Smash Ballot. Once from a desktop for Ice Climbers. Once from a laptop for Bandana Dee, and I've decided to give my final vote (on my phone) to the classic croc himself. Good luck Kutthroats, you've come a long way, and I'd like to see the work you've put in for the King to come through!

Top Bottom