• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

smashkirby

Smash Hero
May as well add THIS to our waiting for the Ballot to end:
STILL SCARES THE EVER LIVING S*** OUT OF ME!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: It sounds like the Devil himself is chasing me!!!!!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Now, we all just wait in bated breath. May the odds be ever in our favor. Odd being here now, hearing the support from guests, and the preemptive good byes from the Kutthroats. I'm not staying up till 12:00 to watch the ballot end, but I'll be on the Smash site first thing tomorrow morning 6:00 ish. I just hope we get confirmation right away, instead of waiting a bit longer for November or farther. It's been a wild ride everyone. Now we just wait and pray to God above that our efforts payed off.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Have to admit I'm excited for the ballot ending and all, but I suspect we might not get any new info, sadly.
However, they've had to have been working on something since the release of Roy and Ryu... :070:
Fingers crossed guys :198:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
It's almost surreal to think soon this will all be over. The ballot has been a frustratingly vague and lengthy mess but this time with the kutthroats has been fun. You guys are what kept me coming back even after i became disillusioned with smash 4 as a game.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I know Ive barely posted but Ive basically been here since the start and read pretty much every post in this topic. Whether we find anything out tomorrow (or today for some of you I guess) it really has been an interesting ride.

This thread has kept me sane knowing there are people that are fanatic about keeping this character alive in whatever format.

Its been a laugh and the art work and fan support has been outstanding.

All I can say is thank you all especially Bkupa666. Whatever happens I think the real King lives regardless youve all brought him back in some way. Something I would have said a few years ago and before this thread would never have really happened.

STILL SCARES THE EVER LIVING S*** OUT OF ME!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: It sounds like the Devil himself is chasing me!!!!!
they remixed this in dk tropcial freeze's tornado level go to 2:35 in the video to hear it

its been a pleasure to be a kutthroat,lets see how this all unfolds.
hold on tight its going to be a bumpy ride

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I got my twin brother and my friends to place their last votes for K. Rool. I know I've only been here for a short while, though the wait for our king feels like forever for me. It's been one heck of a krazy ride, and I'm glad I got to join among fellow Kutthroats. It won't be long before a character or three are revealed, but I am optimistic that our king will make his grand return to the video game world.

Godspeed, Kutthroats.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
THAT THEME STILL STRIKES FEAR INTO ME. Side note, I'm currently preparing by listening to all of the K. Rool boss themes. I'm on DK64 right now. Oh, how I would love for the DKC1,2,3,64 final boss themes to all be music in Smash. Maybe some day...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's been a good, crazy run. We had some bad moments like with that K. Rool costume that was made, but we always stood by our belief that the king would be part of Smash Bros, and we never stopped supporting him one bit. We stayed true and faithful to our king, no matter what happened or who made fun of us for wanting him. Now the ballot is coming to an end. We've had good and bad times, and some wonderful fan art as well. Let us hope that our king gets into Smash Bros as DLC. He really does deserve a place in the game as a fighter.

It's been good sharing my support with you, fellow kutthroats. I'm not leaving the forums now, I'm just saying that this whole thing has been fun.

we are in the final hours,but remember no matter what happens dont give up hope

here is our kutthroat pledge
"we are kutthroats we dont give up,we take a beating but we always get right back up,we go down with our ship or our island...even if everything fails we will always come back fighting." this is the way of the kutthroat.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If K. Rool is konfirmed, then in hindsight, the kostume is going to be the greatest possible twist in the tale.

Everybody knows what happens when you think K. Rool's down and done, right...~? ;3

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's the final kountdown my friends. It was a great experience to live with all of you : BKupa666 BKupa666 great leadership, all the great artworks, the overall optimism in front of the kostume, or just everyones general niceness. Even if K.Rool doesn't make it (which I don't think he will) , remember that we succeed to bring this kampaign from nothing to THE big deal. Even then, we more than probably achieved our other objective : bring K.Rool back to DKC.

Godspeed kutthroats, you are the best and deserve this incredible character that is the all mighty K.Rool.

So I haven't been as active on these boards the past couple months as they have been real tough. I recently lost my brother this past August, I have a lot of fond memories of playing DKC together with him. He loved pirates and always liked King K. Rool. I hope I get to see K. Rool comeback for so many reasons....

Either way sorry, I didn't want bring anyone down with my personal life. Just wanted to share my current thoughts with like minded folks. I've seen come beautiful art on here especially from you @bellboy64 what an amazing K. Rool tribute it's currently a background on my phone! I can't believe the ballot is almost over, it's been a long road. I don't how much I'll be back life is getting hectic. I hope to see K. Rool soon and I think we will I've been optimistic this whole time and im not changing my outlook. I think we will see K. Rool soon! Good luck Kutthroats I hope we get to celebrate in the coming months
My sincere sympathy.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So I haven't been as active on these boards the past couple months as they have been real tough. I recently lost my brother this past August, I have a lot of fond memories of playing DKC together with him. He loved pirates and always liked King K. Rool. I hope I get to see K. Rool comeback for so many reasons....

Either way sorry, I didn't want bring anyone down with my personal life. Just wanted to share my current thoughts with like minded folks. I've seen come beautiful art on here especially from you @bellboy64 what an amazing K. Rool tribute it's currently a background on my phone! I can't believe the ballot is almost over, it's been a long road. I don't how much I'll be back life is getting hectic. I hope to see K. Rool soon and I think we will I've been optimistic this whole time and im not changing my outlook. I think we will see K. Rool soon! Good luck Kutthroats I hope we get to celebrate in the coming months
I am so sorry to hear what happened to your brother. I really am. If I may ask, how did he die? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So, the time has come, after months of waiting and hoping beyond hope it's almost over. The results of this will either bring us what we want or further cement Sakurai's negligence in our mind. Whatever it is it's been fun.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, tomorrow is the first anniversary of Smash Bros 3DS' release in North America and Europe. Maybe they could announce something because of that?

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Goodnight and thank you, Kutthroats nya. You're all incredible people who've battle day and night for our beloved king nya, I hope you all finally get what you've deserved nya! I never really posted much till the end here, but it has been a honor to be here as a Kutthroat nya! Whatever does happens tomorrow, I hope that this thread will live on one way or another nya! >w< Our king shall not fall nya! I'll be dreaming of our beautiful success with catnip nya! We will come out on top nya! All hail the king nya!
Goodnight nya! Sweet dreams nya! Rest in peace nya~!:nifty:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
THAT THEME STILL STRIKES FEAR INTO ME. Side note, I'm currently preparing by listening to all of the K. Rool boss themes. I'm on DK64 right now. Oh, how I would love for the DKC1,2,3,64 final boss themes to all be music in Smash. Maybe some day...
Wow! I'd like to see that! Just imagine, the song could be used in Smash4, and it could be labeled "King K. Rool Medley (Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2/Donkey Kong Country 3/Donkey Kong 64)"

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Yoooooooo

I think I posted in here like 5-10 times ever, but I'm still hoping for K. Rool for DLC. After the Mii Costume, I still think it's a longshot now, but at least it was fun being on Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride.

Whatever happens tomorrow, we did well!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Finally submitted my vote today. I'm kinda shocked that the deadline is here already. Glad I remembered.
Let's hope K. Rool wins this thing!
Adding this back in.

Good job, kutthroat.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, the final day.

Strap your belts and get ready for the absolute final stretch of the 6 month ride. While I doubt we'll get something immediately, these next 24 hours will seal the fate of the characters for Smash 4 DLC.

Good Luck, fellow Kutthroats.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to believe how much time has passed.

We can only hope that the world smiles at our efforts.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm proud to have supported King K. Rool. I've done what I can to add my voice to such a powerful movement to bring this beloved character back into the minds of Nintendo and the rest of the gaming community.

I'll always be one of you, Kutthroats. We're now approaching the shoreline of the foreboding future of Super Smash Bros. Will we plant our flag on the sand and konquer the Nintendo heroes that are waiting for us? Or will we be sent back home, but this time with greater reinforcements?

I'm glad to be a part of this kommunity, one that is so strong and dedicated in achieving the goal of bringing back the character they all love. King K. Rool.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
First off, I wanna say to all of the Kutthroats and to Baron/BKupa especially, a job well done. I remember watching this thread long ago back in 2012, or so. It was only around sixty pages or so. Now, three years later, we’re at over 1100+ with many ups, many downs and many, many memories. I’ve wanted King K. Rool in Smash since Brawl, and it’ll have been eight years starting this year and around this month. The disappointment Brawl left me was one I never encountered in a video game, and it’s likely one that reshaped my overall tastes for the better. It made me appreciate the Donkey Kong Country games, it made me not fall back on Smash entirely and most importantly, it made me meet a lot of great people on the DKU at the time, a site whose favorite series was being shafted by Nintendo in favor of Mario, Pokémon and Zelda.

I was an advocate for Donkey Kong overall, and I wanted to see more from the series. When I saw King K. Rool in Mario Super Sluggers, I joined that community. That’s how ecstatic I was over the Kremling King. Now, as the years passed on, the talk of another Smash was in the works. Everyone was wondering who was going to be added in and one of my main picks was King K. Rool. Of course everyone wanted him in, but I was especially hopeful. Not seeing him in Returns stung a little, but everyone was overall mad about the Kremlings’ absence from the game. Lo and behold, 2012 came around and we were finally making our rosters and talking about the potential newcomers.

Jump forward to E3 2013, and we finally got a trailer. Donkey Kong was front and center alongside Mario and Link. Finally, some respect was shown. And, we even got a new DKC title, with Dixie! However, the Kremlings were AWOL once more, furthering my worry on their status. Naturally, I tied that scenario with Smash: Dixie would have gotten in over K. Rool. Hoooooo boy if I only knew what was to come in the next year leading up to that leak.

But overall, as that timeframe passed on, I peeked in this thread from time to time, seeing all the supporters of King K. Rool and the potential for his moveset and overall appearance. It felt good and I was rooting for you all and him in /v/, defending him to the death, even spamming topics with “Eff X character. Heroes of the Revolution.” I hated Wii Fit Trainer. Hated it. Every character, or newcomer that wasn’t Pac-Man, Greninja, Duck Hunt or Mega Man angered me. Sakurai was gonna pull a surprise roster and ignore the blatant picks people were crying for since 2006. I really hate myself, because the base roster was such a letdown. I thought we’d get Dixie, but Little Mac showing up in February sealed Donkey Kong’s fate. Why did I not see it?

Even when the Kremlings showed up in Smash Run, I was still adamant on K. Rool not popping up. I was even hopeful when the 3DS version was nearing release but the Wii U version still being in development, and having some more 'surprises'. When it finally neared release, I was all but finished, seeing that Mewtwo was the only one we were getting. I didn’t play Smash For much, in spite of buying it, Pac-Man being THE only reason I bought the game and I still have barely 20 hours in it. Months pass, Mewtwo was nearing release, and suddenly comes Lucas. Now at that point I was very hopeful that we’d get DLC and I was very hopeful it wouldn’t stop at veterans.

Then Iwata presented the Smash Ballot. Suddenly, all of the naysayers who scorned K. Rool were coming up and jumping in to our support, finally seeing a chance for him to step into the field of Smash. I was hopeful, as well. Very hopeful. Everyone was voting for him. Even prior to, Japan showed interest in him, being the top newcomer. In other parts of the Japanese internet, he was requested. It was clear that Sakurai had a disinterest in Donkey Kong, but with this Ballot, we had the final say. Roy and Ryu were a so-so surprise, but I imagined with this Ballot in play, we were going to get K. Rool anyway, so let’s go along with it and just wait it out. We had a lot of people follow us, even Retro’s president, Playtonic, Rare’s former big names and such supported us. We were making a difference. From this point on, it was only going to be fanservice, according to Sakurai.

Suddenly, at the end of July, I woke up to see a familiar face, but something was off about it. As quickly as my heart skipped, it also went back to normal.

King K. Rool had finally joined the brawl…

As a costume for your Mii.

I was defeated, and angry. I was simply speechless. All of that support for a costume. Down the drain. All those months waiting and rallying for K. Rool, destroyed with that one tweet. It was clear to me: We weren’t getting newcomers like we wanted; we were getting safe clones and nothing more. Ryu was Capcom being Capcom, a fluke that was needed, but not necessarily needed. All of our requested characters were going to be Mii costumes while dessert options were going to be the big hurrah if not Sakurai cherrypicking his favorites. I gave up and threw in the towel.

But in spite of that, I still supported you, Kutthroats. You all still came in and resubmitted your votes, and still pushed for our Highness. You really pushed for him. You never gave up hope, and at some point, I managed to regain that little slither of hope seeing your efforts.

The costume showed we made our mark at least, and it also showed we’re likely to see King K. Rool back in his spot as Donkey Kong’s main antagonist in the next game. So, we won, in a sense.

And now, with the final moments of the ballot, we’re finally going to see if our work bore fruit. To BKupa, thank you for leading this ship and all of its salty sea dogs. To everyone who drew artwork, and made content based around our scaly brethren, thank you. To Iwata, who suggested the Ballot to Sakurai, thank you. Thank you Mr. Iwata. Even if we don’t get K. Rool in Smash, we’ll get him in the next DKC, and I think that’ll be the best place to start, though Smash isn’t too bad a place either.

In end, we’ve made it to the end, and the end has only begun. To those who still have hope, to those who haven’t given up, and to those who have, always remember:

The Dream Never Dies.

Top Bottom