• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

did anybody post the baron k roolenstien fanart that zombie made to twitter yet?
if not then please do because for this last day we need something to "hype" it along.

so if you have any fanart kutthroats today is the day to post them,alternatly you can repost some old fanart of k rool if you want.

i might post my sig to twitter as a thank you to all the k rool supporters ,because he is doing the thumbs up as in "good job"

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Man, it's going to feel so weird if K.Rool does make it in as one of the Ballot characters...because we've been fighting tooth-and-nail for the big green king-scientist-pirate-boxer-crocodile since last October, and then, just like that, this great battle will be over - FINISHED!
I mean, we'll all play as him, no doubt....but man, it'll feel odd being able to say "KING K.ROOL CONFIRMED!" at long last.

We've gone from being looked on as a joke group (and, in some places, we still are viewed as that) to becoming inarguably one of the most well-known and passionate groups in this fandom in the course of...what, 13 months? Sure, we've gotten our fair share of negativity, but then what big-name contenders don't have that? No doubt, I think that even if K.Rool doesn't make it in this game, we've almost ENSURED that he's going to be in the next one now, and we might see the King return in the next DKC game as well.

If we pushed as hard for K.Rool for, say, Ridley, who knows what could happen?

And I'm glad I could be a part of this krew, really. After all, even if K.Rool gets in Smash....

IT NEVER ENDS!

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point out that Diddy is going to keep breaking the game until we get a character on the roster who can stop him.
I would just like to point out that K.Rool has defeated and captured Diddy on multiple occasions.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to point out that Diddy is going to keep breaking the game until we get a character on the roster who can stop him.
I would just like to point out that K.Rool has defeated and captured Diddy on multiple occasions.
But if K. Rool can beat Diddy, he'll absorb the monkey's powers and become even more powerful than Meta Knight in Brawl. Now, the only Kong able to stop him is...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just heard the news

He was right they're we're more placeholders

One more mario was added

Thats great news another one to added (but more placeholders could be in th next update)

So predictions

King k rool
Wolf or bandana dee or isaac
A 3rd party (most likely is shovel knight since its coming to japan and the only 3rd party outside smash with a amiibo.)

Oh and if i can im going to do 4 grand finale votes on the ballot today

King k rool
Wolf
Bandana dee
Shovel knight

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
yo
https://archive.moe/v/thread/311810897/#311830578
https://data.archive.moe/board/v/image/1443/78/1443782304341.png

i think this actually locks it for K.Rool, even guys like Bomberman and Shovel Knight.
Proove bomberman has a ton of votes around the world then i can start talking

But its a start it was on the 7th of aeptember is when it was made

But we need evidence a hacker did not modify it to make it look like it was september. And actually posted the same day the pirate ship got revealed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Are those old renders? I swear I've seen that K.Rool pose somewhere before, but not with the costume textures.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Ok yea the hack part is far fetched.

But the biggest problem for me of the rumor is

I think the pirate ship from brawl is a safe bet category story
(I hope im wrong about this.)
It's not really that safe, it's not like he also mentioned other returning stages. His character theory also correlates with the datamining that discovered three character slots.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyone want to take a guess at why a new placeholder was added to the character table? A few scenarios are:

1. One of the characters they originally wanted to do had legal barriers, so it was in limbo. It's since been sorted out, and will be the third "Mario."

2. They realized they had more time to work on characters than originally projected.

3. They were able to squeeze in another quick-to-make clone character, or something they could import most of from Brawl.

What sounds likely?
A combination of 2 and 3 sounds the most likely to me. I've heard it theorised before that they probably didn't go with a set limit, and would make as much as was feasible with the time and resources they now have, and that made a lot of sense to me.

I think Rareware definitely should have stuck with the Pirate theme for K. Rool and the Kremlings. It just works.
It certainly does work, but the idea was never to establish one theme, though - K. Rool's personas all poked fun at then-contemporary video game final boss tropes. I'd love to know what he'd do today, if this particular thing were to be continued... :laugh:

It really much does so which I am glad since it can stop the people saying that Two Characters is the hard limit on DLC now.
That said, Sakurai did say that he can't keep the team together forever - I'm not going to expect much more, and for now will just accept three as what we're getting. That said, it certainly is nice to finally have concrete proof of the logical conclusion that more can always be added!

Plus Sakurai doesn't seem to care for Bandana Dee that much, while him cutting Isaac's AT could be argued as him thinking "well, he's got potential, maybe we might consider him for DLC" or something.
I thought that the cut was due to imbalances? I've heard it mentioned that that particular Assist Trophy could KO at 0% - is that accurate, and if so isn't that a removal along similar lines to removing tripping? Forgive me for not knowing for sure - I really didn't get on with Brawl and didn't play it for long.

Sakurai even directly referred to "Waddle Dee" as a bad choice for a character (alongside Toad). Bandana Dee has always been known as just Waddle Dee, and isn't really regarded as anything but random Waddle Dees that happen to wear bandanas to differentiate them (the latest Kirby game even has three Bandana Dees acting just like Toad's).
For want of not going too off-topic here, I'm just going to offer a quick correction, if that's alright. ;) (I'll keep it brief.)

Bandana Waddle Dee is one distinct Waddle Dee, who debuted as a bit-part opponent in a mini-game, and then got an upgrade to being one of the gang later on, being shown to be Dedede's bodyguard (and a joke-boss) in Revenge of the King in Kirby Super Star Ultra, before he became the recurring fourth member of the main cast in Return to Dream Land. There is only one that wears the bandana - the player three and four extras in Rainbow Curse are quite literally just magical clones (that's how they explained it :laugh:) for the sake of having four-player gameplay.

They've kept chopping and changing which name they use for him in his recent appearances - every other game they've changed from Waddle Dee (Kirby's Return to Dream Land), to Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Triple Deluxe), and back again (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse), in both the games and their accompanying promotional literature, on a global basis. They really do need to settle on one, as it seems to be confusing people, now (I hope they settle on Bandana Waddle Dee or the shorter Bandana Dee, personally, as otherwise it leaves us with a slightly confusing situation similar to that of George of the Jungle's best friend - "An ape named Ape" :laugh:).

Sakurai's mention of Waddle Dee as a poor choice was Brawl-era, before HAL upgraded Bandana Waddle Dee's role and established him as what he is now. Sakurai was talking about either the species or, more likely, the sidekick one from Kirby 64 in that instance.

Here hoping for King K. Rool, Bandana Dee and Wolf. I will be really, really disappointed if none of them gets in.
So will I, but I figure that it is what it is. Expect the worst, hope for the best! :)

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Ballot closes tomorrow.

One Day More
Another day, another destiny
This never ending road to Calvary.

Laniv

Smash Champion
It certainly does work, but the idea was never to establish one theme, though - K. Rool's personas all poked fun at then-contemporary video game final boss tropes. I'd love to know what he'd do today, if this particular thing were to be continued...
One-Winged K. Rool? :p

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone screencap the thread's important parts, please? I can't access /v/ atm.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the rumor imcan see as a fraud

1 the pirate ship is a safe bet

2 also 3 of the 4 charactrs are also safe bets.

Those 3 are

Wolf
King k rool
Shovel knight (the amiibo and some evidence show he might be 1 of the 3 spots currently they're) (not to mention its very likely atLeast 1 3rd party will get a spot.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
yo
https://archive.moe/v/thread/311810897/#311830578
https://data.archive.moe/board/v/image/1443/78/1443782304341.png

i think this actually locks it for K.Rool, even guys like Bomberman and Shovel Knight.

quick edit: REMEMBER, it's from 4chan's /v/. Take it like a small grain of salt.

only bother to post this one cause it's seem too real enough to be acutally true. (we also had a ton of clever and semi-correct guesses before)
I'm almost 100% positive this is fake. First off there's no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS, second is that Bomberman is said to be a replacement for Snake, I could understand it being the rating or Konami stopping 3-AAA development, but not because of the Kojima situation. And lastly is the fact that Pirate Ship was a very popular choice, so I'm not surprised that it would be chosen.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright, I got a view of it through someone's phone... That leak does tie in well with recent events. Pirate Ship returning, while it is a somewhat safe bet, is still something it called. Three characters is something it also called. The legitimacy of it has certainly been raised. But I'm not going to hold my breath. As Nintenzilla said, there are still quite a few things off about it. Though I'd like to point out that there are also two empty stage slots that fit right in with a Bomberman character and stage bundle, and a Wolf character and stage bundle.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Alright, I got a view of it through someone's phone... That leak does tie in well with recent events. Pirate Ship returning, while it is a somewhat safe bet, is still something it called. Three characters is something it also called. The legitimacy of it has certainly been raised.
Bomberman replacing Snake of all things? I truly think this is 99% FAKE! Another fake leak also said something about three characters coming, this leak really doesn't seem convincing.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bomberman replacing Snake of all things? I truly think this is 99% FAKE!
I used to think Bomberman would be a funny clone of Snake, way back in 2008.

It doesn't mean anything, but it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.

Still, you know the drill, krew:

Fake until proven real.

As much as I want to believe, there's too many variables and safe guesses here to verify it.

We'll know in due time if the Kaptain makes his grand debut.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bomberman replacing Snake of all things? I truly think this is 99% FAKE!
Personally, I could totally see it. Snake is the brainchild of Kojima, someone who is very close to Sakurai. I could see Kojima not wanting Sakurai to promote Konami's MGS5, of which they removed his name from, by having someone other than Snake in the game.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm almost 100% positive this is fake. First off there's no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS, second is that Bomberman is said to be a replacement for Snake, I could understand it being the rating or Konami stopping 3-AAA development, but not because of the Kojima situation. And lastly is the fact that Pirate Ship was a very popular choice, so I'm not surprised that it would be chosen.
Duck Hunt on the 3DS seems more like a bonus that was probably made somewhat late; after all, all it really needed was to be ported over at a lower resolution with two of it's music tracks.

And the reason Snake was in Brawl was only because of Kojima wanting him in Melee, which couldn't happen with the crunch Sakurai had; so the compromise of him being in Brawl was made. Bomberman's much more likely now that A) Snake is canonically dead in MGS, B) Kojima has left Konami, thus meaning he doesn't own Snake anymore, and C) Konami is totally ditching the AAA market. These all pretty much make me think that Bomberman might become a lot more relevant, since those games work so well for on-the-go gaming, while MGS, as proven by the sales of Portable Ops, does not. Once we've gotten into Smash 4 character hacking, I bet you people will make Snake hacks.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Duck Hunt on the 3DS seems more like a bonus that was probably made somewhat late; after all, all it really needed was to be ported over at a lower resolution with two of it's music tracks.

And the reason Snake was in Brawl was only because of Kojima wanting him in Melee, which couldn't happen with the crunch Sakurai had; so the compromise of him being in Brawl was made. Bomberman's much more likely now that A) Snake is canonically dead in MGS, B) Kojima has left Konami, thus meaning he doesn't own Snake anymore, and C) Konami is totally ditching the AAA market. These all pretty much make me think that Bomberman might become a lot more relevant, since those games work so well for on-the-go gaming, while MGS, as proven by the sales of Portable Ops, does not. Once we've gotten into Smash 4 character hacking, I bet you people will make Snake hacks.
Them stopping AAA development hinders the leak's credibility actually.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
No. The K. Rool render has been posted on this very thread before. I'm too lazy to go back and find it, but shortly after the costume came out, someone here took a smashish render of K. Rool and updated it with a more Rareware color scheme. That same exact render is now being used for another "leak." I swear, smash bros leaks more than a strainer.

Edit Raxxel Raxxel down there: you're totally right. I have the derps. @_@

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash Also another thing I forgot was that it was posted only a few weeks before the update, meaning he've had to have known about the Duck Hunt stage, as porting does take a while (unless you're Sonic Team), and another thing is that Super Mario Maker isn't mentioned.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
No. The K. Rool render has been posted on this very thread before. I'm too lazy to go back and find it, but shortly after the costume came out, someone here took a smashish render of K. Rool and updated it with a more Rareware color scheme. That same exact render is now being used for another "leak." I swear, smash bros leaks more than a strainer.
To clarify some things, that picture was just pointing out the tie-ins between that leak and recent events. It never meant to use those three pictures as leaked renders.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Them stopping AAA development hinders the leak's credibility actually.
Not when you consider the fact that Nintendo is making a Bomberman game with Konami's permission.

What hinders the leak's credibility is the fact that, as has been pointed out, there's room in the data for a new stage beyond Pirate Ship.

The Shovel Knight leak states Shovel Knight will be a pre-ballot character, which is another contradiction to consider.

I don't think it's real, but it's a nice thought.

But this doesn't have anything to do with K. Rool beyond a fleeting mention, so I think we'd best move on.

Remember that there's going to be a ton of leaks when the ballot closes, so just remain diligent and keep support strong, come what may!

EDIT: By the way, @CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 is the creator of the K. Rool render.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Not when you consider the fact that Nintendo is making a Bomberman game with Konami's permission.

What hinders the leak's credibility is the fact that, as has been pointed out, there's room in the data for a new stage beyond Pirate Ship.

The Shovel Knight leak states Shovel Knight will be a pre-ballot character, which is another contradiction to consider.

But this doesn't have anything to do with K. Rool beyond a fleeting mention, so I think we'd best move on.

Remember that there's going to be a ton of leaks when the ballot closes, so just remain diligent and keep support strong, come what may!
And it's from 4chan, where a plethora of fake rumors exist, I suggest we forget about this and move on.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Yeah, nothing is concrete yet. Let's move on for now.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind Bomberman to be honest, I think he's cool and would make for an original character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Going to get a few last friends to get in votes, then will call it a day. Feels weird to think that I'll no longer have to worry about advocating for K. Rool votes anymore starting tomorrow.

Anyhow, where that 4chan post is concerned, I don't really buy it. I was thinking that it's interesting someone "leaked" Pirate Ship, given the presence of a Zelda DLC stage already and that stages had never recycled music before this update (all but one or two of Pirate Ship's songs being on existing stages). Then, I realized that you have all these random old stage fanatics screaming "PIRATE SHIP! FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS! POKE FLOATS! SAFFRON CITY!" with no regard for music at all. This guy might have just been one of them.

I'd love it to be true, but aside from the interesting three spot coincidence, I don't think Pirate Ship is a smoking gun.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
the entire Bomberman thing fits in too well with Nintendo using the IP in a future project. I cannot find the related news to it, but i was a thing mentioned a few weeks ago.

If that's the case and K.Rool, Wolf and Bomberman are the new inclusions, consider me overly satisfied!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, the fact that he didn't bother with Mii costumes is questionable, as it could've drove this whole thing home. Unless he couldn't, because he didn't know?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I've always personally subscribed to the idea of only getting invested in a leak if you want it to be proven wrong.

Thus if any of them involve K Rool I'll pretty much ignore it unless it's Royu level confirmed. Bomberman is cool though. Wolf I have no strong feelings for either way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

EDIT: By the way, @CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 is the creator of the K. Rool render.
The whole reason the leak is credible

Because the pirate ship and the 4 characters are all safe bets

(And shovel knight even if he was not pre-ballot hes still a safe bet at this,point.)

Top Bottom