• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai also visit the Koei Tecmo office?

In addition to that, there's also the obvious moveset potential and with all those abilities he has throughout his series, Hayabusa will definitely be a fun character to play, something Sakurai also cares so much about.
When did Sakurai Visit Koei Tecmo’s office?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Hayabusa needs his mask on, theres a pandemic outside. The world needs Hayabuss to remind people to cover their faces just like they needed Min Min to social distance themselves. (No but in all seriousness, I'd prefer if he kept his mask on. Though I'm not opposed to massless alt)

BTW for anyone that likes the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, I highly reccomend the Samurai Jack game that came out recently. Its made by a lot of ex Tecmo staff, and I've from a few people who states that it plays very similarly to those games. I'll be playing it soon. But I want to binge the series again first.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, what's the likelyhood of the modern Ninja Gaiden trilogy being ported in a bundle to the Switch?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So, what's the likelyhood of the modern Ninja Gaiden trilogy being ported in a bundle to the Switch?
Possible. The hidden Xbox in the first game can be updated to a Switch if they're want to change it.

Really it just comes down to the desire and development costs of the ports.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Possible. The hidden Xbox in the first game can be updated to a Switch if they're want to change it.

Really it just comes down to the desire and development costs of the ports.
Koei Tecmo is fairly close with Nintendo, and I have a hard time believing they would be just fine with nothing but Dynasty Warriors games and their work on FE3H.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Koei Tecmo is fairly close with Nintendo, and I have a hard time believing they would be just fine with nothing but Dynasty Warriors games and their work on FE3H.
There are also Warriors Orochi games, Nights of Azure 2, and a good number of Atelier games on Switch. Also a few Tecmo games to play on NES Switch Online.

As for your previous post, it also begs the question, which versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 would we get? The Xbox or Playstation (Sigma) versions? None of these left their respective home consoles. I'd prefer the original Xbox ones as they were Itagaki's original vision for the series but I see Koei Tecmo more likely to port Sigma 1 and 2 since they seem to have more control over those versions than they do the original Xbox ones. I don't like Sigma 1 and 2 but porting something is better than getting nothing.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Fighter Spirit
Ryu Hayabusa Ryu Hayabusa (Classic)

Primary and Support Spirits

Irene Lew Jo Hayabusa Jaquio Robert T. Sturgeon Rachel Muramasa Murai Doku
Genshin Momiji Kasumi Ayane
Mizuki Epigonos Ken Ishigami Regent of the Mask
Yaiba Kamikaze

I'm going to post ideas for how the Spirit battles could work.

Irene Lew: :ultpeach: on Wrecking Crew

Jo Hayabusa: :ultchrom::ultmetaknight: on Frigate Orpheon (referencing the boss fight in the NES Ninja Gaiden game)

Jaquio: :ultbowser:(will suddenly have a Final Smash) on Dracula's Castle

Robert T. Stergeon: :ultfox: on Luigi's Mansion

Rachel: :ultbayonetta1: (Golden Hammer equipped)

Muramasa: :ultdoc: Hayabusa (will heal after taking a lot of damage) on Smashville

Murai: :ultganondorf: :ultsheik:(x4) (will have a Final Smash after taking a lot of damage) on Find Mii

Doku: :ultmetaknight::ultmarth:(x2) on Castle Siege

Genshin: :ultroy::ultcorrinf: (representing Elizebet) on Sky City Tokyo

Momiji: :ultlucina: (with enhanced speed) on Guar Plain

Kasumi: :ultzss: on Sky City Tokyo (stamina match)

Ayane: :ultsheik: on Sky City Tokyo (stamina match)

Mizuki: :ultsamus::ultisabelle: (representing Canna) on Fourside

Epigonos: Hayabusa x2 (both equipped with Death's Scythes) on Arena Ferox

Ken Ishigami: :ultsnake: :ultsamus:on Shadow Moses Island

Regent of the Mask: :ultrobin: on Fourside (stamina match)

Yaiba Kamikazi: Hayabusa (metal) on Sky City Tokyo. (stamina match)

This is all I can think of for now. I'm sure there are better ideas but I at least want to get these out.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Apparently, Switch and PS4 ports of the modern games were just leaked.

...by sheer coincidence, this comes almost immediately after I bought two of those three games (Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge) on different consoles. Still, it seems promising for the series' future.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Apparently, Switch and PS4 ports of the modern games were just leaked.

...by sheer coincidence, this comes almost immediately after I bought two of those three games (Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge) on different consoles. Still, it seems promising for the series' future.
I hope they do well, Dark Souls has shown there is a market for games that don't only refuse to hold your hand, but ones that instead jam your hand in a paper shredder.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Looks like I was right about Sigma 1 and 2 being ported instead of the Xbox originals. Oh well, better than nothing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Couldn't say. It could end up being a Resident Evil situation in that internal politics prevent anything serious from being done.

For now though, we'll need to see if Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity actually gets a spirit event of some sort, since KT (presumably via Omega-Force) developed the game, and until further notice we have yet to get any spirits from Nintendo-centered Warriors games.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I want to drop my support. I never played NES games, but I enjoyed hella modern NG games. I think Sakurai should choose modern outfit over classic/NES outfit.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Umm, they could just change Ryu's (Street FIghter) name to Ryu (SF). And Ryu Hayabusa could be called Ryu (NG).
That would sound too weird. They have several choices of name to choose from:

-Ryu
-Hayabusa
-Ryu Hayabusa

Any of these are perfectly acceptable but they'd most likely choose one of the latter two. It would also save them from having to rename their Fighter Spirits doing so.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
4461D4E1-8C31-4597-A60F-EA6E18254C85.jpeg

This is from a recent interview with Suda51 when asked about Travis Touchdown joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I of course would LOVE Travis to join the battle as a playable character without a doubt, but the thing is is that I don’t know how that would affect Ryu Hayabusa’s chances in coming into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as, and of course I could be 100% wrong, but I doubt Nintendo is going to add TWO M Rated characters in the DLC

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't they?
I don’t know, for some reason to me it just seems like something they wouldn’t, although they did reveal Simon and Richter at the same time and those are 2 M rated characters right there, but I don’t know why I’m thinking it I just am, they could totally do it I’m not saying they can’t, I just don’t know how likely that is though is all I’m saying

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Compared to most M-rated characters, Ryu is pretty tame and can be toned down very easily.
I mean, let us not forget that some of the most popular Ninja Gaiden games are rated E/E10+.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Hacking off limbs and exploding heads in spinning piledrivers while painting the vicinity with shades of red is tame for an M-rated character? :p

Being M-rated is such a non-issue, I don't see why having two in this Fighters Pass would be a problem.

Top Bottom