• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just Some Suggestions

__G__

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone, I'm just here to offer a few suggestions (which I think is clear from the thread's title). So, I've been watching some of the videos featuring our beloved jiggs mains here and thought that I could maybe give some helpful tips -- general as well as character specific. Oh, but as a side note, most of those videos are old, and I'm sure that Alex and Tehrexzor (or whatever) have gotten much better. Anyway, let's get into it.

First off, I feel like I have to clarify that spacing is the most important thing. This is because Jiggs is so light and dies easily blah blah you all know, I'm just mentioning it so as to not leave it out. To help out with the whole keeping-damage-as-low-as-possible thing, Short Hop Air Dodges are fantastic. I think I saw a thread mentioning this several weeks ago, but I just really want to take the opportunity to emphasize it here. SHADs (appropriately spaced) are a good way to stay out of **** zones. Of course if one finds himself right next to an opponent for whatever reason and cannot get away, then I would suggest grabbing or F-tilts. F-tilts are fast and jiggs' grab is really very good.

One more general tip: do not use rollout to get back onto the stage. I see this all the time, and, people, you will get punished for it. I would suggest to not use rollout at all, but it actually hits more than it should, so use it sparingly at most, and don't even bother when you're on a stage with platforms. Now for moves that one should use (or at least learn): drill to rest and boost-smashing. Both are pretty easy to learn, so I have faith that you'll all master them. Also, something simple and funny that seems to work is just to charge smashes. I don't know why, but a lot of people will "jump into the ****" since they misjudged timing or just weren't expecting a charged smash.

As for character specific, I can only think of a couple things. First, for Game & Watch, I think pound is very useful. Obviously, normal aerials do not work too well against this guy, so well-spaced pounds are pretty good (I don't recommend using pound very much for many other characters). Second, Metaknight: stay the hell away from him. Hit him once, then back the hell off. I think a Bair would be the best most to hit him with, since you'll need to save up the Fair for the kill.

Oh, one more thing that's important for everyone to learn: be patient, Do Not run in and let your opponent get the advantage over you. You'll see if you ever watch tourney players, they are incredibly patient and it's a good thing for people to pick up.

I think that's it. I hope you guys found it helpful. Feel free to disagree or offer different ideas or even ask questions if you want something more in depth or even explained, these are just my opinions based on my own experience of what's worked.

I'm just here to help, ma'am.

Veril

Frame Savant
I've heard a bit about you G.

I'll probably have some questions for you once I'm less burnt out from my 3-hour class and 2 hours of driving.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
i think thats y alex has a jiggs guide thread and im sure hes taken care of all the details lol
oh no. you didnt. YOUR AVATAR. Where did you get that fedora??? I would like a JPG. if you don't mind me putting it on my avatar and sig.

And _G_, I heard of you too. I think that spacing is very important also, but there are some good ways to do it. I use retreating f-airs and b-airs alot, (c-stick while using DI back) because they are a safe way to get some hits, and when damage is high enough, and hitstun is higher, you just WoP them all the way off.

This is not an alternative to WoP, because you are still advancing your opponent as you do this. You just DI back and forth as you flick the C-stick correspondingly.

Is this a good idea oh great _G_?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Roll out already gets punished enough but what makes it worse is when you have huge lag going on messes up turns. I thank you for this nice peace of collected input from you. Also I'm to scared to use smashes with Jigglypuff

__G__

Smash Cadet
I use retreating f-airs and b-airs alot, (c-stick while using DI back) because they are a safe way to get some hits, and when damage is high enough, and hitstun is higher, you just WoP them all the way off.

This is not an alternative to WoP, because you are still advancing your opponent as you do this. You just DI back and forth as you flick the C-stick correspondingly.

Yes. Yes this is a great way to do get some hits in, but when you fight characters like Marth, it gets a little harder since he'll use the same strategy, but with longer range. I cannot say anything negative about this style, other than it gets a little predictable and that you'll prolly throw out a lot more attacks than will actually hit. Just keep up the spacing.

Roll out already gets punished enough but what makes it worse is when you have huge lag going on messes up turns. I thank you for this nice peace of collected input from you. Also I'm to scared to use smashes with Jigglypuff
I'm assuming the "huge lag going on messes up turns" means that you're playing online? If you just mean the lag after rollout, then yes, it's huge, and another reason not to use that move, unless you have a good set up like someone missing an up-B sweet spot and is landing onto the stage or something like that.

Don't be afraid to smash with Jiggs. Yes, they're horribly slow, but they help, and forward smash can punish someone sometimes. Down smash I think is the fastest, but i'm not sure. You really just have to get used to the timing and determine yourself when to use them (more frequently then rollout).

Metatitan

Smash Master
oh no. you didnt. YOUR AVATAR. Where did you get that fedora??? I would like a JPG. if you don't mind me putting it on my avatar and sig.

And _G_, I heard of you too. I think that spacing is very important also, but there are some good ways to do it. I use retreating f-airs and b-airs alot, (c-stick while using DI back) because they are a safe way to get some hits, and when damage is high enough, and hitstun is higher, you just WoP them all the way off.

Lol i sent my old avi to DYZ and he redrew it with the hat xD

Top Bottom