• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just played the game, heres what I see.**

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
wrath of man bear pig!! LOL!! DUDE! thats so freaking funny.
sweet.

sup t!mmy.

yea, I thought that'd be pretty shiny :)

Magus420

Smash Master
You should check if DIing the d-throw full away, diagonally down and away, or halfway between those 2 notches allows them to escape the dash attack after it.

I'm thinking the ideal angle would be either the one between the two notches at 22.5 degrees below away (if the game still allows that many angles of DI) or diagonally down & away, and not just full away.

I know that DIing in that halfway diagonal way for CF's d-throw made enough of a difference to make d-throw->knee go from inescapable to not work on a lot of characters in Melee.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
My friends are pretty used to DI'ing away from me. Look at it this way, the Downthrow is the same throw I used in Melee, that everyone used in melee, i've played smash with this guy for 6 years, and i've only ever used Ganondorf. He DI's away from me, like hard to the left or right. Only at low percentages was I able to get off a Downthrow Up Air, and then they were flying too far away, and I was like...wtf. But I noticed they stay towards the ground...

The dash attack speeds you up enough and has a big enough hitbox, I believe it will work.

Magus420, I need to test this for you, me being sure about it is still not 100%, so, once I get to play again, i'll test that.

I have some combos in mind to test. Flash-fox had some idea's, and the downthrow combos have to be explored.
I'll get back to ya as soon as I can.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
With the Fair no longer being able to combo. Does that mean it is stronger than the godly high priority Fair in melee?

Top Bottom