• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just played the game, heres what I see.**

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I had 3 hours of play today on a Japanese copy a good, good friend of mine owns.
I will be quick about this post, because I have to work tomorrow.

Ganondorf is a different character.

Thats the first thing I thought. I was very upset because of the change in Ganondorf. Its because of that change that a lot of us Ganondorf players will feel the same way I have. However, after a solid hour of playing, I got much faster because I was playing smarter with my attacks.

Heres some random info.

Thunder Punch {Standing + A} Now kills at high percent. Its one of your fastest attacks, and it has a semi SET knockback. At 0% it will send pretty much any foe very far back. I killed with the thunder punch atleast 4 times in the three hours I played. And it was only till the end did I realize how much more useful that attack is. Its a spacing tool at low percentages. Its fast enough to interrupt other opponents through attacks, it has huge freakin priority, and ****... IT KILLS, I CAN F***ING SHOVE A CLAWED HAND AT YOUR FACE AND SAY DIE! AND YOU WILL F***ING DIE!!! ... sorry, just excited.

-cough-

Your forward tilt is a killer, its almost just as fast as your Thunder Punch. The range is actually just about the same as the one in Melee, I didn't get to use this move too many times.

Down Tilt is faster, in the fact that you can use it multiple times. Against t!mmy's Kirby, I was able at lower percentages to knock him up for an upairial.

Vulture Kick {UP + A -air-} This is your primary airial, if you do it at the right height it will almost have NO lag, chain this together again, and again, and again.. why? Because EVERY airial you have has pretty much DUMB lag (xcept backairial)

Hidden Gauntlet {BACK + A -air-} The same with Vulture Kick, this move has low lag, and has good rewards. Hard hitting just like in melee. It does not have a hit-box that stays out for a long time. You have to actually hit with it.. his fist, has to touch, your opponent. I'll have to say I don't want to misread this attack, believe it or not, I didn't use it much. omg.. volcano kick

VOLCANO KICK - I was so pissed this made it to brawl.. however, it actually has utility. How many times have us Ganondorf players used this move and not hit? a billion. you hit with it once a week, or once a month, never in a tournament. This move hit 5 times tonight. I hit two opponents at once twice, and a single opponent 3 times. This move has a vaccume in the front of it that will suck characters into the attack. The leg hits from in front of him BEFORE it impacts as well, meaning, it hits faster, you don't have to wait for the leg to hit the ground. The Vaccume prevented me from getting jabbed once, becaue they were standing still, and the vaccume pulled them away from me. There is less knockback with this move however. The Warloc punch is the killer

Warloc punch, looks cooler, a little faster? I duno, it kills. I killed with it twice tonight.

Down Air no longer combos, it is a finisher, and a spike, it does not lead to opportunities.

Forward Air no longer combos, it is a finisher, and does not lead to opportunities

Flying Keese-Neutral airial has ending lag when I was using it today. I am one of the GAnodnorf players that uses Neu-airs in tournament play to VERY good results, its one of my stables and I hit a lot with it. This attack is causing me anger. It no longer kills at high percents (when I was using it, I could be wrong) but it seems to combo easier at lower percents. I can't chain these together like I did in Melee, Stick to Vulture kick and Hidden Gauntlet

Nightmare Lunge - Forward Smash
This attack works like the Overheat Elbow (falcons forward smash) It hits fast, and it sends them away. NOT up. This kills very nicely, and will be a good kill move. Don't ask me about armor frames, I didn't see any, I need to find them.

Gerudo Dragon - Once you grab somebody, its like your invincible, I think theres something up with this move, because sometimes I got hit out of it by other players, other times I just owned them.
You will plumet to your death after using this attack in the air, you can't move after it. You CAN recover with it however (you'll grasp the ledge) If you forward B over the edge, you will fall to your death, it doesn't catch (unless theres a trick to it, I tried 3 times, costing me a match)
The grab on this move is immensly impressive. they can shield all they want, its a freakin grab, you will break their neck. Air grab,
Before t!mmy Kirbicided me once, I Dorfacided him twice I think. was great. We laughed a lot. This move is very satisfying.

Iron Shoulder - dash attack Has changed. IF you need to get across the stage faster do a couple dash attacks, it speeds you up a LOT. This move goes farther, makes you move faster, and hits VERY hard. I killed with it once (maybe twice) It sets up for a combo if you hit with the end few frames. otherwise, it knocks them really high in the air. Good move, I need to use it more.

Downsmash - Leg-whip - this move I don't know what to say about. the first hit seems to come out at an ok speed. This move kills now, it does not lead to combos. The second hit of it, sends opponents away from you. I killed with it once only because I was at the side of the stage, recoverying, and downsmashed right away. They went behind me and off into oblivion.

Up-smash (I don't know the name) This is Ganondorfs FASTEST smash attack. ITS REALLY FAST, you can CHAIN them together JUST as fast as your thunderpunch pretty much. I stood and did this move over and over and people looked at me going WTF!? Thats NUTS. The hitbox in front of Ganon is bigger (Bigger Crotch ftw, booya) and beause of the chain feature of this you can probably do combos with it. I am VERY angry I wasn't able to test the ability of the upsmash, its the one smash we Ganon players really don't use that often (atleast I don't) Now it looks like the upsmash will be part of playing Ganondorf effectively. There will be some kinda throw or combo that leads to this, I can smell it. Forward smash kills better however ^_^

Forgive the order of this stuff, I'm typing as fast as I freakin can.

Ganondorf overall moves slower, he is a tank. He is Bowser (I worried myself justly and played Bowser for a month and a half)
My fingers would put in commands and sometimes Ganondorf wouldn't follow them because he was still lagging after moves, or had not jumped yet. I had to slow down my play style a little for the sake of learning. When I HAD played a few hours, I was much better, and could chain together attacks better.

Your Wizards Foot apparently spikes at the first few frames (like Falco's down-air) You can do this attack FROM A RUN, you don't crouch when you use it. It doesn't kill as good as it used too, but it makes you go VERY far, and you go VERY fast. You don't have a jump after using this move, i'm not sure if its a good idea to use it at all for recovery aspects (floating holding towards stage or using this move to go at an angle, is there a gain or loss, I duno) This attack comes out almost instantly, the first few frames of the attack on the ground I was not able to hit smaller opponents who were crouching, or people behind me, I didn't have the opportunity of hitting somebody on top of me however. Its a FAST move, we will be using it a lot more often, after attacks to hit opponents who are far away (Thunder-Punch + Wizards Foot hit once today as a combo, the combo went from one side of final destination to the other side, two hit combo, I don't remember percent it did)

Dark Dive, you will grab people with it, it does wait wait wait---

new info. Thunder Drop SOUNDS AMAZING, I FREAKIN HEARD LIGHTNING, I think there was rumbling from thunder after the attack, at all percentages the game looks like it STOPS when you hit with this. DEVISTATING, (again, it kills, nothing more, nothing less)

Dark dive, yes, you grab with it, it has amazing priority, it kinda sucks opponents in. The end few frames of the move you do an upercut, has REALLY REALLY GOOD PRIORITY, my fist doesn't even connect and it hits, HUGE HITBOX. I upsmashed to up B at mid-high percentages and killed Lucas.
From the edge I pressed down away and released from the edge, and Dark Dived, hitting several times. Better Edgerecovery attack than I thought.

Your Side-dodge is faster, use it
Your roll is a little slower, but I think it has a lot more invincibility, ROLL!
Your run isn't THAT slow, throw a dash attack in there to close distances better.

Recovery from the edge. IF you get up you get shield grabbed
If you jump you get hit
If you roll you get grabbed

Your screwed. I'm still baffled as to how to get up from the edge. And I've developed some amazing things to do from the edge in melee (such as using the wizards foot from the edge, short-hop wizards foot is REALLY fast in melee, and as an advanced technique, you can actually short-hop down B and hit with the... END FRAME!? thats right, you will immedietly smash the ground. It is the FASTEST recovery move possible By Ganon in MElee from the edge, however... yea, thats right, you have to sit on the ground a little and recover. only works well at High percentages. its extremely hard to do.. but brawl is here, Melee is dead to me)

Volcano kick has its range farther away from Ganon, forgot to say.

FINAL SMASH

I was able to use this in the air. IT stuns opponents IN THE AIR, and ON THE GROUND
IT is a 1-shotting move, every time. You pretty much are garunteeeeeeeeeed a kill.

Thinking.... omg I want more sleep than I got last night.

I was being outprioratized left and right by other peoples attacks. Robot is a fast character that has range btw, t0mmy plays a good R.O.B.
Bowsers grab is freakin nuts. it has an invisible HUGE hitbox grab..
Warrio is so freakin awesome he makes me laugh. He hits pretty hard, and is decently fast.

Shiek is still broken, I wasnt' able to land a hit on her.
Zelda's down-A hits like her forward A and my own freakin thunderdrop, she's a lightweight.
What I saw of Marth didn't scare me, I killed that yaoi boy.
Ike has young links fire spike (we'll figure it out later)

The Vulture kick-up air- doesn't do its nifty spike as easily (the end frames) It just doesnt hit as hard from the back side. I didn't get to test it as much. BECAUSE

Your jumps are nerfed
You don't have as much air-control

I can't do crazy twisted jumps to make up for no wavelanding/dashing or L-canceling, so its hard to do airials because I have a new set limit to my first and second jumps

Footstool jumps will suprise the hell out of you, I was like WTFBBQ!? When I lept on somebodies head.
I killed somebody trying to kill me because of that.
you don't have to have any jumps in order to footstool jump somebody.

Your taunts make you feel tough. I like punching my fist and laughing

Again, your Gerudo DRagon over the edge as a recovery is priceless, it hits and makes you feel like you owned somebody.

I sucked at chaining my Gerudo Dragons together, I need to get better at it. But before that, I have to look at the good things.

This is a different Ganondorf people, a slower, darker, more powerful King of Evil. His speed is akin to Bowsers in Melee, but your faster in your attacks. I don't know our combo's yet, i'm going to figure them out for us and once again write guides, helping us all get our place as masters.

I was going to try out snake, kirby, metaknight, and a few others, but after playing Ganondorf once, I knew I had a lot of work to do.
A LOT OF WORK.

I am a Ganondorf master, and I'm telling you, we all need to work hard to figure this out. Don't let anyone tell you, he sucks, theres no hidden things inside the character at all, your doomed. Keep trying.
You know I don't give up.

Things to figure out. ..

I need to figure out what my armor frames are. Which attacks can I use, KNOWING, I can hit through people attacking me because I have armor. (my god I better have armor)

HOW TO APPROACH opponents, using fast attacks or perfectly spaced attacks. Your Forward Air has to be placed VERY carefully in order fo you to survive the lag. I'm starting to believe I shoudl not use this at all to approach. The up airial and nuetral airial and back air are the only things I need to think about right now. from where do I use this,

Which throws lead to more hits.. I don't know, Down throw, Dirt Nap, will probably lead to something good... I don't know yet.

yes, running and falling off the stage with a Vulture Kick (up air) is still a great edge-guarding technique.

Dark Dive -up+B sends you up, a lot. our recovery has been nerfed, but, we get back from some rediculous stuff still (omg misspelling everything I NEED SLEEP)
I feel like i'm ness and air-dodging or UP+B'ing back and looking like i'm going to miss, but wow, I grab the edge. that happends with all characters. you don't have to face it, you will grab it.
pretty nuts.

Edge-hogging I think... is gone. I grabbed people hanging on the edge a LOT, over and over too.

I really do need sleep.
I look forward to testing more Brawl for you all.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

edit-why did I not go to bed.... oh well.
I need a new signa, I spent an extra 10 minutes uploading that?
... ...ugh

zzz's

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
this sounds awesome.

i wasn't a ganon guy back in melee, but i'm seriously eyeing him this time. i really like the little changes they've given him to distinguish him from the Captain.

what is the Thunder Drop, btw? is that his down-air?

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, i'm used to using the actual name of the move, luls.
Thunder-drop is your down-air.

woh... I have no idea if the up-smash is still called the tornado kick.

oh wellzies..

work time

FenrirIII

Smash Cadet
From what it sounds like, Ganon lost a lot of comboing abilities due to lag, and makes up for it by having nearly every move in his arsenal be a KO move?
That sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the impression! it further fuels my personal long believed beliefs that ganondorf is going to be one crazy fighter on the battle field. I really hope this converts some ganon haters to the good side. Or at least introduces them to a new perspective on this. Because this thread is awesome.

I still hold true to the idea that Ganondorf wasn't made for big comboing. That BRAWL wasn't made for big comboing *although these ideas are just ideas and not beliefs as of now*. I still think that One Two Buckle his shoe combos will suffice to his playing style, gentlemen.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I still think that One Two Buckle his shoe combos will suffice to his playing style, gentlemen.
lol, I didn't think there was a funny way to put it, but that sir is classic comedy. My roomies are laughin. lol

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Gerudo Dragon -
...You will plumet to your death after using this attack in the air, you can't move after it.
THANK YOU! you are the first person who has been able to give a straight answer about the GD.

and anyway, that's too bad. i was hoping you could up+b out of it.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man i was looking forward to reading up a bit on Ganondorf in brawl, cant wait to play him.

Deception

Smash Ace
Thanks for posting this, Shin. I'm glad that people are realizing that Ganondorf is different now, and he should play differently. I hope you post some more detailed matchups soon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx for the info, liking the volcano kick thing, to bad about his aerials, that was no doubt ganons best weapon in melee... but like everyone says, this is brawl, not melee

flashfox

Smash Cadet
I knew this was gonna happen. Exactly why I'm a Bowser/Ganon player in melee. My mains will carry over to brawl with flipped sets, with Ganon being the new Bowser. It won't affect me much at all.

Thanks for the impressions. jab and f-tilt being nearly the same speed is a bit annoying. Glad to know jab isn't fully killed.

Things we should probably look for...

D-tilt as our new combo starter.
Shorter, power combos.
Punishment moves. (jab, tilts, maybe even a b move...)

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the b moves might actually be a saving grace for once, i'm really excited about that. Warlock sounds nice. -> b seems to be amazing, but as a punishment move it might be lacking. Hopefully up-b provides some nice anti-air..?

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
I played more tonight

I've been working 5 days strait, so i'm a bit moody, sorry if I don't write ...well, if I don't make any sense.

Combo Starters

Down-Throw to up airial

I havn't been able to f-air after it, they recover too soon. I BARELY hit with the up air after the downthrow. I'm pretty sure Tudios is DI'ing, so, I think this is pretty solid.

Downtilt to Up Airial

Very solid, this new downtilt leads to a perfect setup for an up airial. I've done a forward airial with this at mid-high percents (the guy didn't air-dodge, yay)

Down-Air to ....block
Yay, shield grab them. Again guys, our forward airial and Down airial are not combo thingies at all. diminishing returns for the loose.

What is the Down Airial good for? Good ol Thunder-drop hits like a tank on fire with suicide bombers inside throwing a tea party. Every time i've used it over the edge, i've killed. Nobody seems to know how to up + B out of that hit. It hits hard. Because it stuns you and the game when you hit. its amazing in team play (don't hit your buddy)

Forward Airial doesn't kill worth crap anymore, i'm serious. It seems to have good percent damage, but its priority, the size of the hitbox, all this stuff is nerfed. What do we gain? It stays out longer than you think. Atleast it KO's better than Up-Air

Back Air's power has been reduced as well. I killed once with it, and it used to be one of my main kill moves in Melee, it comes out faster than Forward Air, and stays out longer. In this one, the hitbox is more specific. the knockback could have been better considering its one of two air moves that gets used.

Forward B makes you harder to edgguard, I grabbed people standing on the side a million times today and went to the depths of final destination with them screaming in my hands as I was laughing. Its hard to edgeguard a psychopath. Forward B is an excellent recovery move. It doesn't sweetspot the edge for a few seconds, so, if your not going to grab them, try using UP+B (dark-dive) it hooks the edge faster.

I think our Dash Attack has armor frames, I don't know...

again, Forward B makes you invincible sometimes. I was sitting there with somebody in my hands and smirking, and there was all sorts of sh*t happening around me.

Vulture Kick - Up Airial, seems to be our only airial worth spamming.

Wizard Foot (down + B) is one of our really fast attacks. It can get you from point a to point b quick, while attacking

more combos

thunderpunch(standing A) or armor crusher(forward tilt) to Wizards Foot (down B)

Anything that gets your opponent in the air, even an upthrow.. your up + B (dark dive) sucks people in AMAZINGLY. Its almost newblike

remember Ganondorf in the first game, and how whenever he had the chance, the computer would always up B, its actually... ok for human players to do that.
Even if you mis, you'll hit with the upercut (I killed once with that today, was great)

random stuff..and play

I tend to Forward + B (Gerudo Dragon) a whole lot to start with.
This gets in a good 9 or so percent each time

Thunderpunch, over, and over, and over again. if they are too far away for a thunderpunch, and you need a strong attack that will stay out a little longer but come out fast, forward tilt is awesome.
I use the forward tilt almost as much as the thunderpunch, and there are times and places for each move.

The Dash Attack, from standing, this move I want people to understand a little more

GANONDORFS DASH ATTACK IS LIKE SHIEKS FROM MELEE

Well, its slower, but this is what it does

Sets up for combos
Kills better than your forward airial does (WTF?!)
I think it has heavy-armor frames

This is going to start being the new spam move. Start spaming, and tel the world wtf you can do.

I've done this

Dash attack + upsmash

Dash attack = Thunder Punch (standing a)

Dash Attack + Dark Dive (up + B)

Dash Attack + Vulture Kick (Up Airial)

Theres a lot more out there, I swear.

oh yea, and, dash attack + up B? while both of you are falling... -grins- hit them with a Forward B and drive em into the ground, you'll be able to do it once in a few moons, but its hilarious to see such a long combo.

OUR SMASHES

are a LOT faster than I thought.

Up smash + Downasmash, do those right after each other, it throws them off with how fast the downsmash comes after it

Our Nightmare lung (forward smash) is really fast, one of our BEST killers.

All of our smash attacks got a buff in speed.

well crap, now I wana see if downtilt to forwardsmash might work if they DI away...

anyway, thats a little update.
sorry if I was just repeating.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

ps, ganondorf looks funny as hell when he swims.

omg the bulborgs monsters (slugs) on the pikmin stage are cute! I don't F***ing care what you say! Their awesome! I want one as a pet!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I played more tonight

I've been working 5 days strait, so i'm a bit moody, sorry if I don't write ...well, if I don't make any sense.

Combo Starters

Down-Throw to up airial

I havn't been able to f-air after it, they recover too soon. I BARELY hit with the up air after the downthrow. I'm pretty sure Tudios is DI'ing, so, I think this is pretty solid.

Downtilt to Up Airial

Very solid, this new downtilt leads to a perfect setup for an up airial. I've done a forward airial with this at mid-high percents (the guy didn't air-dodge, yay)

Down-Air to ....block
Yay, shield grab them. Again guys, our forward airial and Down airial are not combo thingies at all. diminishing returns for the loose.

What is the Down Airial good for? Good ol Thunder-drop hits like a tank on fire with suicide bombers inside throwing a tea party. Every time i've used it over the edge, i've killed. Nobody seems to know how to up + B out of that hit. It hits hard. Because it stuns you and the game when you hit. its amazing in team play (don't hit your buddy)

Forward Airial doesn't kill worth crap anymore, i'm serious. It seems to have good percent damage, but its priority, the size of the hitbox, all this stuff is nerfed. What do we gain? It stays out longer than you think. Atleast it KO's better than Up-Air

Back Air's power has been reduced as well. I killed once with it, and it used to be one of my main kill moves in Melee, it comes out faster than Forward Air, and stays out longer. In this one, the hitbox is more specific. the knockback could have been better considering its one of two air moves that gets used.

Forward B makes you harder to edgguard, I grabbed people standing on the side a million times today and went to the depths of final destination with them screaming in my hands as I was laughing. Its hard to edgeguard a psychopath. Forward B is an excellent recovery move. It doesn't sweetspot the edge for a few seconds, so, if your not going to grab them, try using UP+B (dark-dive) it hooks the edge faster.

I think our Dash Attack has armor frames, I don't know...

again, Forward B makes you invincible sometimes. I was sitting there with somebody in my hands and smirking, and there was all sorts of sh*t happening around me.

Vulture Kick - Up Airial, seems to be our only airial worth spamming.

Wizard Foot (down + B) is one of our really fast attacks. It can get you from point a to point b quick, while attacking

more combos

thunderpunch(standing A) or armor crusher(forward tilt) to Wizards Foot (down B)

Anything that gets your opponent in the air, even an upthrow.. your up + B (dark dive) sucks people in AMAZINGLY. Its almost newblike

remember Ganondorf in the first game, and how whenever he had the chance, the computer would always up B, its actually... ok for human players to do that.
Even if you mis, you'll hit with the upercut (I killed once with that today, was great)

random stuff..and play

I tend to Forward + B (Gerudo Dragon) a whole lot to start with.
This gets in a good 9 or so percent each time

Thunderpunch, over, and over, and over again. if they are too far away for a thunderpunch, and you need a strong attack that will stay out a little longer but come out fast, forward tilt is awesome.
I use the forward tilt almost as much as the thunderpunch, and there are times and places for each move.

The Dash Attack, from standing, this move I want people to understand a little more

GANONDORFS DASH ATTACK IS LIKE SHIEKS FROM MELEE

Well, its slower, but this is what it does

Sets up for combos
Kills better than your forward airial does (WTF?!)
I think it has heavy-armor frames

This is going to start being the new spam move. Start spaming, and tel the world wtf you can do.

I've done this

Dash attack + upsmash

Dash attack = Thunder Punch (standing a)

Dash Attack + Dark Dive (up + B)

Dash Attack + Vulture Kick (Up Airial)

Theres a lot more out there, I swear.

oh yea, and, dash attack + up B? while both of you are falling... -grins- hit them with a Forward B and drive em into the ground, you'll be able to do it once in a few moons, but its hilarious to see such a long combo.

OUR SMASHES

are a LOT faster than I thought.

Up smash + Downasmash, do those right after each other, it throws them off with how fast the downsmash comes after it

Our Nightmare lung (forward smash) is really fast, one of our BEST killers.

All of our smash attacks got a buff in speed.

well crap, now I wana see if downtilt to forwardsmash might work if they DI away...

anyway, thats a little update.
sorry if I was just repeating.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

ps, ganondorf looks funny as hell when he swims.

omg the bulborgs monsters (slugs) on the pikmin stage are cute! I don't F***ing care what you say! Their awesome! I want one as a pet!
So, some super armor for him after all? Maybe the devs weren't *completely* out of their minds...

And dang can you get serious with naming those moves... I should have never gave you the list of names. Vulture kick, armor crusher... yeah. :laugh:

Thanks for the update.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
ok good, dash-a was a move that I loved to use, and d-tilt seems to be as good as a combo starter as any. I'm glad I started practicing using those a lot in melee recently. If dash-a has super armour, oh dear lord, look out. This could be really really awesome, in the sense that if we spam dash-a, we could move faster than fox trot cancel and still ATTACK while in it, if it works the way I think it will work.

up-b sounds to be a decent aerial move to rack up damage, which would explain the nerf. and it seems like, as of the sound it, could be a nice anti-air, as I predicted.

if our smashes did get faster...yay =)

I wonder if we can do...
d-tilt, ^b, >b...?

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
melee ganon's up b had great couter capabilities in melee. to here that it got even better is pretty freakin sweet. that combined with a counter capabilities of his new over b can make him pretty hard to kill if he is used skillfully.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Best combo yet.

Downthrow, Dash attack, up airial (mix it up with up B

Lucas can kill ganondorf at around 100% with an upsmash (that stays out long, covers all his body)

I killed somebody neer the edge with a forward air, I saw them dead at 76 percent.

t!mmy remarked, there could be a sweet spot for the forward airial

Forward airial again, lasts a long time, hits below your fist. its a crowd move.

Start doing Wizards Foot (Down B) in the air as an anti airial or an attack, it hits freakin hard, and for some reason I think it hits harder when used in the air... I spiked with it twice today, and I killed off the top once and sent people high up today, all the cases this move was used in the air.

Running forward and then using a Down B is still working well. Its super fast, has like no start up animation.

dash dancing helps mix up your approach.. a lot. (shake the control stick back and forth as fast as you can to do it. its wierd)

The only armor frames I've seen are on the Gerudo Dragon (Forward B) I think the dash attack is just one beast of an attack.
It may be the best dash attack in the game, power wise. It speeds ganondorf up enough that you want to use the dash attack to get from point a to point b faster, and it seems to just...wow, hit VERY hard.
It kills
Sets up for combos', its great.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Wow, this makes me wish I had more time with the game.

I didn't really try dash dancing 'cause the timing was so weird, but do you have t do it faster or slower than melee?

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Hopefully I'll get to test out some stuff at the 16th, when I'm going to dmbrandon's thing. I'll hope to find things like ~shin~ has.

Magus420

Smash Master
Hopefully I'll get to test out some stuff at the 16th, when I'm going to dmbrandon's thing. I'll hope to find things like ~shin~ has.
Oh, you're going? I was at his house for most of Friday which was where I played it XD

Unless my crewmates want to go badly enough to offer to pay my entry fees to drive them to it I doubt I'll go though, because it looks like the setup to player ratio will be very bad and he has a very unrealistic time schedule from what I've seen.

EvilGenki

Smash Rookie
This is great info, awesome!

Up-smash (I don't know the name) This is Ganondorfs FASTEST smash attack. ITS REALLY FAST, you can CHAIN them together JUST as fast as your thunderpunch pretty much. I stood and did this move over and over and people looked at me going WTF!? Thats NUTS. The hitbox in front of Ganon is bigger (Bigger Crotch ftw, booya) and beause of the chain feature of this you can probably do combos with it. I am VERY angry I wasn't able to test the ability of the upsmash, its the one smash we Ganon players really don't use that often (atleast I don't) Now it looks like the upsmash will be part of playing Ganondorf effectively. There will be some kinda throw or combo that leads to this, I can smell it. Forward smash kills better however ^_^
I am very curious about the new properties of the up smash. I asked this in a different thread but no one bothered to answer yet.

In Melee I remember the double-kick up smash had unusual priority; it seemed to stuff some other moves cold, like fox/falco's forward b sometimes. Have you used/seen this move beat out anything? How is the horizontal and vertical range of the new up smash? Does it cover above his head more? Also, how long do the hit frames stay out for?

Also, is using hyphen-smash any good?

Thanks Shin!

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Oh, you're going? I was at his house for most of Friday which was where I played it XD

Unless my crewmates want to go badly enough to offer to pay my entry fees to drive them to it I doubt I'll go though, because it looks like the setup to player ratio will be very bad and he has a very unrealistic time schedule from what I've seen.
oh i see. xD

I just want to get some brawling in. I HAVE to get some brawling in.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
the dash attack was good in melee, but not beastly good. is it much better this time around?
Yes the Dash attack is very, very crazy.

It KO's better than your back and forward airial (unless your neer the edge of the stage. the top of the stage pretty much is everywhere, thus, it killing better in some/most cases. )

In a sense I can tell its also part of somebodies fighting style that the dash attack kills. But i'm amazed that the Dash Attack is one of our staples now.

Flashfox, remember when you play brawl to downthrow + dash-attack + up airial

It kinda pisses me off that the best combo I found is a three hitter, but, its way better than anything else i've found so far.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

*Edit*

I wonder if we can do...
d-tilt, ^b, >b...?
Crap, I didn't read that, sorry Flashfox. Downtilt DOES pop up for combo abilities... And without playing (My source is in california currently) I'm pretty certain that YES that is a combo you can do. Unfortunately ...

DARK DIVE - UP + B
Does not kill as easily as it did in Melee. I might be wrong, but, it may have a set knockback away from Ganondorf, I have had opponents up around 150% and have not killed them with a Dark Dive.

UP SMASH

I'm not sure if I said, but, this move has changed in melee. Its a single kick strait up.

You can chain upsmashes together as fast as your thunderpunch just about (THATS A WOW there folks)
And the hitbox is bigger in front of you (Yay for your huge crotch Ganny) I do not think the hitbox extends past your foot, but I havn't been able to really pay attention to that.

Folks, when I play the game, i'm not practicing, i'm playing with 4 other people that all want turns. Its tournament play, right away.
Mostly i've been working on fast play.

Whenever I need to cross the stage, I dash attack as much as I can, it speeds you up tremendously.

Dash Dancing may look dumb, but its effective, Everyone needs to learn this for mindgames.

falling off the edge with up airials works, but, Ganons recovery is a little hard to get used to.

on the new final destination you can get stuck in a little U shaped crevis. THIS SUCKS. I'm a Ganon player that plays red hot and charging. I go in for attacks and keep putting on pressure, in lue of that, I put my life on the line a lot of the times when I go out off the ledge. Yes folks, its time to suicide kill yourself once again! For the sake of learning to use G-dorf, we gotta lose and learn.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Magus420

Smash Master
I'm guessing d-throw to dash attack is when they DI away at low damage? I remember them going a lot farther and at much more of an away angle from the new throw. I know when they DIed it away there was no way in hell he could follow up with an aerial in time, but I didn't think to try a dash attack.

If they learn to DI the the throw away then DI the dash attack behind though I doubt you could follow it up. How much damage does the dash atk do? I'm guessing it's the weak hit when you get it? Also, is the weak hit at all safe on block?

U-throw definitely sends straight up and I was often able to get an u-air in at very low % when they DIed it.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I don't get that bit about the volcano kick preventing them from jabbing you by sucking them away...doesn't the vacuum pull them IN to Ganon?

flashfox

Smash Cadet
thanks man, i'll be sure to do dthrow, dash, u air. I'm gonna see if we can do some good damage by using our dashes as a main form of transport and attack.

i wanna see what uthrow has to offer as well.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
U-throw definitely sends straight up and I was often able to get an u-air in at very low % when they DIed it.
Huh, I don't remember doing that yet. I'll have to try it. I know I did one at high percent and did an UP + B and hit with that punch. Thats a winner, i'm still doing up B's to hit people, instead of jumping for up airs they KNOW are coming. The UP B is faster than your jump, double jump, Up Air.

I don't get that bit about the volcano kick preventing them from jabbing you by sucking them away...doesn't the vacuum pull them IN to Ganon?
The Volcano Kick has a vaccume that pulls to a specific spot ahead of Ganon. Is a foe is close to you, it pulls them away, if a foe is far away, it pulls them closer. All to one spot, where the explosion hits. And again, the downward swing of the leg ALSO hits opponents, not JUST the explosion on the floor. I don't know the difference between the leg hitting and the explosion of the leg hitting, (dmg n stuff) It doesn't KO as good as it once did, but, holy crap it does atleast 30% damage right away.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Magus420

Smash Master
Also, I don't know if you mentioned it, but up-b out of shield is still quite good. Doesn't do as much dmg or seem to have as much horizontal range as before, which was about as much as an f-tilt, but was still very useful when people lag out of your grab range and not long enough for an air or attack after dropping your shield.

I tried forward-Bing OoS, and even though I would input it instantly after jumping and during the jump's startup lag it would still do it just off the ground almost as if it buffered until he gets in the air =(

Also tried F/D-smashing OoS and couldn't get it to work. Dunno what BUM was talking about when I saw him say that before :ohwell:

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
No armor frames on our uptilt, sorry :(
so yea, tap, and your interrupted.

Again, I don't have the game, so, I don't know about armor frames at the very last second of th move or anything, heh. I DO know, in a singles match, I get hit, and my uptilt fails.
It freaks people out when it sucks them in though. mwuahaha

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Top Bottom