• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just 'nother Mafia game | Game over, town wins

Maven89

Smash Master
I wasn't paying enough attention to the game to realize my question was unneeded.

I was planting a ****seed. If you plant a ****seed, scum might smell the scent and fertilize it, with ****. When it's fertilized, it can turn into a ****garden. When it's a ****garden, scum will want to harvest it. Then you just have to see who has **** on their hands.

I assume J the reason you guessed was "because I know you guys wouldn't buy it for a second and wanted to trick new players", which is exactly what the reason was, but not to try and lynch dietz but just to see if anyone would bite.

Jdietz43 Jdietz43 I thought Kaladin had a sense of honest enthusiasm and was trying to increase information. I found him wanting to know more about town/scum Kathik to be an interesting question to fake, though I guess he could have just picked that up from us. Koopa hadn't done almost anything to increase information. He correctly pointed out the RVS was pretty low standards even for RVS but complaining about rvs by itself doesn't go either way. His recent reads actually came after my post but it's just judging activity, making it null.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Uh, that's a question I can't answer with confidence. Again, it's been a long while plus it could very well have completely changed.

These questions should also be asked towards Karthik in my opinion so you both (Orbo/Generic) can get a better grasp of the player from the player because I could honestly make up whatever I want about Karthik and it would be taken as truth.

Besides the fact that I am the only one with knowledge regarding Karthik, can I ask why neither of you have chosen to ask Karthik any question or ask him things? It feels a bit roundabout.
because he can say whatever he wants about himself and theres nothing to say otherwise about it, but if you say he does things a certain way i know if its actually the usual for him or if hes just covering for himself. Ideally.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I assume J the reason you guessed was "because I know you guys wouldn't buy it for a second and wanted to trick new players", which is exactly what the reason was, but not to try and lynch dietz but just to see if anyone would bite.
Actually, no that was not what I was thinking at all haha. I was actually thinking that you did not ask those 3 players because we have the most experience and wanted to see what newer players thought. I didn't think you were actually trying to actively trick people.

Like this reasoning to me screams alarm bells, but at the same time, why would town claim to actively be tricking people. This is a strange new situation for me, but one I am going to ponder.

May we discuss this more? As in, why did you want to see people bite? Were you planning to vote those who did bite? Would that be scummier to you or what? I kind of want to pick your brain on this because I feel it would help me feel your intent because right now it is looking perplexing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
because he can say whatever he wants about himself and theres nothing to say otherwise about it, but if you say he does things a certain way i know if its actually the usual for him or if hes just covering for himself. Ideally.
I guess what I'm saying is: Why not ask Karthik a question (which you still haven't done), but instead ask me about meta? I just find it strange that you picked that route to go about getting it, if that makes any sense.

It just also doesn't seem to be a question that I feel, goes anywhere...? Like, there tons of questions to ask in the early phase, yet that is the one you choose. (Hence why it may seem I am being a tad of a stickler here for it, plus there is very little to bite on so this also interests me)

Odd start for me from you Orbo.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Plus, I'll add on to the fact that you didn't answer my other question, but willing to give BoTD (benefit of the doubt) that you quoted the wrong answer/post.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I was planting a ****seed. If you plant a ****seed, scum might smell the scent and fertilize it, with ****. When it's fertilized, it can turn into a ****garden. When it's a ****garden, scum will want to harvest it. Then you just have to see who has **** on their hands.

I caught on and I'm technically the most inexperienced player here. This was a pretty bad trap especially considering the first game Generic and I were in had a massive problem with WIFOM.

Maven89

Smash Master
May we discuss this more? As in, why did you want to see people bite? Were you planning to vote those who did bite? Would that be scummier to you or what? I kind of want to pick your brain on this because I feel it would help me feel your intent because right now it is looking perplexing.
Nah it was pretty weak, I think i went too heavily into the ****-analogies. Basically I was just throwing something out there that did occur to me but is so wfimoy that it's dismissed. I threw it out there just to see if anyone would run with it, or at least agree with it then bring it up later in the day against him. By itself it could be nothing but it could have been latched on to by new scum who weren't sure about the weight of evidence, while new town would have to think a little more about the evidence and be able to realize it's of little weight. So the idea is it would raise red flags if its brought up later by someone that's pushing Dietz, or to see if anyone acts as if Dietz is under pressure already. In which case I would actually have just ignored it and just pay more attention to the person. More likely though enough people would dismiss it that even new scum would realize it's nothing, but it was still RVS and I considered it worth a shot. But that one guy replaced out and I didn't realize Koopa had mafia experience and Kaladin just ignored it so the chance of that happening is zero

I'll also point out that since I specifically asked you, Orbo and Dietz to not answer the question it shows I'm aware that the trick wouldn't have worked on you guys and if I was scum up to no good I wouldn't try to start the day off by setting up a bandwagon of me+new players plus every single experienced player in the game based on replacement WIFOM.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I don't mean this in any negative way but I completely forgot that Koopa was in BanjoKazzoie.
Nah I don't care. I'm pretty sure I switched out early.

Gheb's (other) mini was my first game here, which was what I meant by the massive WIFOM problem.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I believe everyone's commented on it though besides Orbo/Karthik.

This game is so small! I am actually kind of loving it because I can almost count all the players on one hand so it makes it easier.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jdietz43 Jdietz43 I thought Kaladin had a sense of honest enthusiasm and was trying to increase information. I found him wanting to know more about town/scum Kathik to be an interesting question to fake, though I guess he could have just picked that up from us. Koopa hadn't done almost anything to increase information. He correctly pointed out the RVS was pretty low standards even for RVS but complaining about rvs by itself doesn't go either way. His recent reads actually came after my post but it's just judging activity, making it null.
So you don't make anything of him asking this then?

So, I have an idea of how most people play here, even if it's a slight one. Can someone tell me how Dietz tends to play? I'll I've seen so far is him hosting games. :4lemmy:

Maven89

Smash Master
I didn't remember that, not really cause my point for the gut read on Kaladin was mainly his questions, attempts to "increase information". The question point was real minor and I mentioned it could go either way, have to wonder why you decided to focus on just that part?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't remember that, not really cause my point for the gut read on Kaladin was mainly his questions, attempts to "increase information". The question point was real minor and I mentioned it could go either way, have to wonder why you decided to focus on just that part?
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying Kaladin's questions were or weren't important to your read?

You said Kaladin was looking most town to you, and when I asked why, you said you liked him asking about Karthik.
I responded and asked "Why not Koopa?" With the idea that I'd just seen a very similar question regarding me come out of him upon replacing in (that was after your initial post). I asked if you made anything of it then, and so far you've said no, now I'd like to know why.

That's how far we are atm.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I guess what I'm saying is: Why not ask Karthik a question (which you still haven't done), but instead ask me about meta? I just find it strange that you picked that route to go about getting it, if that makes any sense.

It just also doesn't seem to be a question that I feel, goes anywhere...? Like, there tons of questions to ask in the early phase, yet that is the one you choose. (Hence why it may seem I am being a tad of a stickler here for it, plus there is very little to bite on so this also interests me)

Odd start for me from you Orbo.
Im jack **** at starting discussion on my own and usually play iff what domeone else says. He hasnt said anything.
Also, quote it for me because like i said, yesterday was a three hours of sleep up at 4 am kind of day.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
From what I remember, Karthik was more passive then aggrotastic. I think I only had a game or so with him in the past and even so that was years ago so it could very well be different completely.

I'm treating him as if he were a "new" player with mafia experience. Especially since the only player in this game he could possibly know is myself, but I don't think he would remember me haha.

To you, who are you more worried can trick you out of Generic/Maven/KingKoopa?
Wait prolly this one
Uhh. Iirc koops was fairly easy to read whereas fenerjc was the opposite. Mavens the best bet for probably straight up tticking me.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I dont know why mavens thing is supposedly noteworthy. I feel like its just a null rvs gimmick point to get newer peoples gears turning.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I dont know why mavens thing is supposedly noteworthy. I feel like its just a null rvs gimmick point to get newer peoples gears turning.
Well, dietz's case is that I should be read as town as Kaladin should be, according to Maven's reads, including after his initial read. Before I give my two sense, I wanted to wait and see how this is going to end first.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying Kaladin's questions were or weren't important to your read?

You said Kaladin was looking most town to you, and when I asked why, you said you liked him asking about Karthik.
I responded and asked "Why not Koopa?" With the idea that I'd just seen a very similar question regarding me come out of him upon replacing in (that was after your initial post). I asked if you made anything of it then, and so far you've said no, now I'd like to know why.

Your missing the first part of my statement where I said his enthusiasm and attempts to add to the discussion/information, that's the main part. The question he asked is real secondary and probably wasn't really worth bringing up

Maven89

Smash Master
Looking back, I should have added "I also think" before my statement about his question to clarify it was being considered separately from the first part

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well if we all sit around waiting, nothing is going to happen.

I will say my thoughts on Maven giving a town lean to Kaladin is a tad odd, but I see nothing inherently scummy about it at the time being. I just find it a bold statement to make so early, but Ditzy is right that if you are going to give town points, then why not Koopy as well?

I would also say with the ninja'd post (104), how is enthusiasm a town-tell?

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm soooo confused. I'll post once I work this out >_>
I threw out a poor reason to read diets as scum to see if anyone would take those reasons and run with them, because they're scummy, but at the same time weak enough that they couldn't impact the lynch. It could only work on new players so when I realized there weren't any I basically cancelled it and explained what my thought process behind it was

Maven89

Smash Master
Well if we all sit around waiting, nothing is going to happen.

I will say my thoughts on Maven giving a town lean to Kaladin is a tad odd, but I see nothing inherently scummy about it at the time being. I just find it a bold statement to make so early, but Ditzy is right that if you are going to give town points, then why not Koopy as well?

I would also say with the ninja'd post (104), how is enthusiasm a town-tell?
Seemed like legitimate enthusiasm behind his questions, like he was pumped to go find scum. I also never said he was a town read, I said I was reading him as towniest over everyone else. Everyone is still null to me, he was just closest to the town read boundary.

What's strange about that answer?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, I thought your read on him was much stronger than just a null townish lean. I mean, lemme get a better question out there for your other question:

What do you make of Koopy since it seems to have been talked around? If you had to pick a way he leaned, what would you think?

Did your "push" on Ditzy net you any reads on the slot itself (Ditzy that is)?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I threw out a poor reason to read diets as scum to see if anyone would take those reasons and run with them, because they're scummy, but at the same time weak enough that they couldn't impact the lynch. It could only work on new players so when I realized there weren't any I basically cancelled it and explained what my thought process behind it was
That's a load of crap... So, we're back to square 1? @karthik_king you need to post things :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I believe Gheb is going to do his "Set a deadline when it feels the game is dragging" thing considering there is only 7 of us.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Didn't know that was a thing he did.

Not my question, but I just found it odd that dietz felt the need to push the idea of me being a town lean by countering Maven's very slight town lean on Kaladin.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In turn, does that make you feel like Ditzy deserves some pressure or some looking into? Describe "odd" in the terms of more towny or scummy.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Do you townlean koops at all?

Maven89

Smash Master
What do you make of Koopy since it seems to have been talked around? If you had to pick a way he leaned, what would you think?
If forced I guess town for no other reason then he hasn't done anything scummy. In reaity he's still a straight null, not in a bad way but just in the "early game" way.

I'm going to wait for him to respond before answering this

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soooo, what's going on guys?

It feels like no one is trying to move the game forward and we are stuck in a stasis because people are just like "I'll wait for something to happen".

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ : Do we need to find a replacement for Karthik?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that's likely the case. Should be manageable since Blazblue Mafia is over.

:059:

Top Bottom