• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Just good at fighter games in general?~

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Guys it's Mo, and I'm bored:

Do you guys enjoy fighter games in general or is Smash you're only cup of tea?

How old can you trace back your fighter gaming history? Do you go back to Mortal Kombat?
Or perhaps even Street Fighter?

I go way back to the early days of NES man! When terms like "cross up" and "wall kill" were all the rage!

Discuss. ^_^

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I can't play traditional fighting games. I'm more of a JRPG and RTS geek above all else. Well, I'm an Otaku. <_<

Like in Tekken. I'll pick a character, learn some simple button inputs for the commands, but I can't push it. I then opt to button mash the buttons I know start a move, press those mindlessly, and string in 11 hit combos or something into a wall then spam the kick button. <_<

Yeah, can't play them real fighters. Heck, I forgot how to play Melee.

AzureFlameKite

Smash Cadet
I play Guilty Gear XX (any), all Street Fighter games (far back as Turbo), King Of Fighters,Rival Schools,Tekken,Battle Arena Toshinden,Marvel vs Capcom 1&2,Capcom vs SNK 2, and yeah list goes on and on @_@.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Haha. I remember Marvel vs. Capcom.

I tried to return to that game recently to relive some memories and it was so freakin fast!
Yeah those old games are pretty fast paced.

The mechanics and the playstyle for Smash is so different.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The only other fighting game I ever got into was Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

I considered myself pretty good at it, and loved it dearly.

But otherwise Smash has always been my all around favourite.

MisFate

Smash Rookie
I would definitely not consider myself good at fighting games. I just throughly enjoy a lot of them.
I've played quite a few fighting games, but the only one I really got into is Melty Blood (still playing it lol)
Of course, I'm currently trying my best to get good at SSBB
It's a long and hard road for me...especially because I dont have a wii (a bit expensive >_<; )

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I would consider myself decent at most of the more main stream fighters and really good at more obscure fighters like Psychic Force 2012 and Project Justice. Also the Bloody Roar series.

I have never thought of myself as a smasher and I love all fighting games. My favorite fighting game series is Soul Caliber and I'm pumped for Soul Caliber VI as well as Street Fighter VI, the latter of which just hit the arcades. I'm very impressed with all the match vids I have seen of it and I eagerly await both those releases on home consoles.

When those games come out I plan to become a serious competitor in both. No doubt my time on smashboards will decrease but oh well.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Street Fighter, then Smash, then Virtua Fighter.

Everythign else... I just dabble with.

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
im pretty decent with tekken, soul calibur, and dbz tenkaichi which is so much fun to play

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Haha, seems like I'm the only one that frequents the Marth board that can't truly play a real fighter. xD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've always had a knack for some fighting games, but I never had the desire to get into any of them in the way that I got into smash at all. I'm thinking I made the right choice.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
I generally just prefer fightings games first started Mortal Kombat when i was like 3 or 4 street fighter,CVS2, GGX2 and GGAC, now SSBB. KInda of a weird transition when it came to entering attacks since it only two input you have do.

Fighting games are what i'm good at not much else really

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Anybody remember Street Fighter 2010 for NES? That game was... different.

Okay yes, I love Fighting games, they're my favorite game genre (that and FPS's on the computer like CS, Half-Life etc.). Anyway, my favorites are the Street Fighter (and Capcom vs.) games, but other games/series I own/love include: Samurai Shodown, Final Fight, King Of Fighters, Fatal Fury, World Heroes (lol), the Mortal Kombats, Soul Calibur 2 (the one with Link of course), Bloody Roar (loved that series), and more that I guarantee I'm forgetting. I play Tekken, but I don't get into it that much for some reason.

Now my Fighting-game-fan rant is over.

legion598

Smash Ace
fighters are amazing i play street fighter, tekken, KOF, and guilty gear i guess i have a nack for fighters in fact i dont even own a wii and i play brawl semi-competitively tho im not very good

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Fighter games aren't my cup of TEA unless it's on a system older than the N64. I like smash because of the Old school feel (amongst other things)

I still whoop that *** in SCII though.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Also the Bloody Roar series.
My favorite fighting game series is Soul Caliber and I'm pumped for Soul Caliber VI as well as Street Fighter VI, the latter of which just hit the arcades. I'm very impressed with all the match vids I have seen of it and I eagerly await both those releases on home consoles.

When those games come out I plan to become a serious competitor in both. No doubt my time on smashboards will decrease but oh well.
Haha. Yes, the Bloody Roar and Soul Caliber Series. Can't wait for VI either! Kilik all the way :D

I like tekken and soul caliber.
Also, Dragon Ball Budokai 3. I think that one was the most balanced out of all of them.
I like tekken because you can wavedash in it! :)
Budokai = lots of fun. I used to play that alot with my older bro when we were closer. Cell.

Mortal Kombat when i was like 3 or 4
Ahh. Mortal K. Man those were the times. I don't like the new ones. Motaro was ****.

Top Bottom