• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just curious...

Diemonds

Smash Apprentice
lol, pug. first of all, you used a few words out of context when trying to make fun of me; take some english classes, illiterate nub. second of all, i'm not banned from smashboards, and if i was, you've seriously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****. the truth is, i'm a 24 year-old playboy who lives in the city of sin and couldn't care less if i was banned or not. you see, while the rest of you are too busy smashing 24/7, i'm out hooking up with models and strippers, doing drugs, beating the **** out of people who disrespect me, going to jail...etc, etc. and third of all, none of what you said has to do with skill as far as smash is concerned. you're a complete nub, accept what you are and deal with it. lol, don't speak to me again.

edit: also, i recently crushed one of the best links in vegas.

CRUSHED!?

lol u didnt crush me u beat me by a stock everytime we did a mirror match and u should beat me wit link u MAIN link I dont and I still held my own.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Free for all is all about who has the best Kill-stealing smash, seriously, I've lost FFAs vs. total scrubs because I didn't get the knees and kept getting gimped while trying to edgeguard people. They're fun, but don't play to win, just play for fun. You might want to practice Dash-Cancelling into a fsmash to rack up more kills with a little less lag than spin attacks.

FFA Tier List:
Fox
Pika
Marth
Sheik
Peach
Ganon
everyone else

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
I find Bonus to be a fun way to test out a little bnit of your skill, in the end you get to see who may have played fair, and who's acheap ***.

deftones

Smash Rookie
CRUSHED!?

lol u didnt crush me u beat me by a stock everytime we did a mirror match and u should beat me wit link u MAIN link I dont and I still held my own.
i crushed you in the sense that i won every link ditto match. and i beat your main as well.

Kratos, shh nub.

pug, shh nub.

edit: also, pug, i lower case all my words on purpose. you actually thought i didn't know that they're supposed to be capitalized; it's just m my style.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
i crushed you in the sense that i won every link ditto match. and i beat your main as well.

Kratos, shh nub.

pug, shh nub.

edit: also, pug, i lower case all my words on purpose. you actually thought i didn't know that they're supposed to be capitalized; it's just m my style.
One thing i've learned during my time on smashboards was never to attempt reasoning with someone full of opinion, and not evidence. Even with all the evidence in your favor, a person sees only what he/she sees.

My advice: stay on topic, and ignore the nub-calling.

Following my own advice, i assert that, yes, FFAs are poor measures of skill with a character. It all gets nullified by one person who plays cheap, camps, and kill-steals. Don't even get me started on edge-guarding someone during an FFA; it doesn't exist. So don't sweat it if your Link is getting third or fourth place in FFA. Either you're not playing cheap enough, you got crappy luck, or your friends are ganging up on you. Team battles are better, esp with FF on, but nothing beats a good 1vs1. If you keep losing those, then you should start getting worried about your Link.

Btw, spin spiking anyone at any time brings a smile to my face :)

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace

Kratos, shh nub.

pug, shh nub.

Why don't you try your own advice, and shh... you'll make us all just that much happier...

I can never get the spin spike to work. They always go up, even if they're below me and it's after the initial blow.
Then they are too close. No matter when in the spin if they hit Link instead of the sword, they'll go up...

deftones

Smash Rookie
Why don't you try your own advice, and shh... you'll make us all just that much happier...

Then they are too close. No matter when in the spin if they hit Link instead of the sword, they'll go up...
lol. nubs make me sick. how dare you try to insult me when you have no idea what you're talking about. do you not know the rules on how to spike with the spin-attack? learn how to play the game before you offer advise, nub.

edit: lol, pug. you're a joke. you don't even know how to semi-spike with link's spin attack. you make me sick.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Hey deftones ... you may be a 24 year old playboy in real life (where's the future in that?) ... but on smashboards you're a pathetic loser that nobody likes. Do us all a favour and go kill yourself.

DRD

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with pug. Trying to intimidate somebody on a video game forum is kind of pointless anyways. Gain respect by giving it. Unfortunately I have already lost all my respect for you, if I had any.

Not that a person like you would care.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
hey, I don't really go to much other boards other then the Link one. but does Deftones...or whatever his new username is...only hangout here, or on this entire forum?

he really pisses me off, and that ussually doesn't happen on forums for me.

technomancer

Smash Champion
The spin attack semi-spikes after the initial hitbox is finished (the later part of the attack). There's no trick, just plant it earlier.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
...and make sure your oponent isn't landing on top of the spin attack.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
lol. nubs make me sick. how dare you try to insult me when you have no idea what you're talking about. do you not know the rules on how to spike with the spin-attack? learn how to play the game before you offer advise, nub.

edit: lol, pug. you're a joke. you don't even know how to semi-spike with link's spin attack. you make me sick.
Did you not read his post? He wasn't talking about the spike. He was wondering why it would shoot them straight up intead of spiking. I mean it doesn't matter to much, because you never even try to help anyone at all. I know the spike and I know what I'm talking about, get that through your head right now. If I didn't then I'd keep my mouth shut and everyone here knows I do that.

Call me what you want, you have been deemed "waste" which in my book is below nub. Be a little bit more productive twards helping people here, and a lot less caught up in your own dream world where you are actually intelligent and we as a group very well just may show you some respect. You can just keep on posting because I'll just keep reporting and getting you banned. Over and over and over until you get it that we don't want you here...

aesoprock

Smash Rookie
He wasn't talking about the spike. He was wondering why it would shoot them straight up intead of spiking.
his question was dealing with the spike. can you not register and digest what you read? nevertheless, link can still spike even if his opponent lands on part of his body, it just can't be near his head area.

I know the spike and I know what I'm talking about, get that through your head right now.
wrong. you think you know what you're talking about, which is common for nubs, but, sadly, you don't. by the way, i just watched one of your videos and it was awful. like i said before, you haven't a clue.

You can just keep on posting because I'll just keep reporting and getting you banned. Over and over and over until you get it that we don't want you here...
lol. go ahead. also, i already get that you and a few other nubs don't want me here, but i just don't care.

edit:
he really pisses me off, and that ussually doesn't happen on forums for me.
i'm genuinely happy that i piss you off. lol.

Deva

Smash Lord
aesoprock will always come back no matter how often you ban him lol. Alright, it seems there are some problems here. To all of you whom aesoprock refers to as "nubbs," don't take it personally. Aesoprock is a highly knowledged player. The problem is he has a tough time understanding how someone else can't understand the game as well as he can. Instead of arguing with him, just listen to what he says. You'll see that most of the other knowledgeable players will agree with his points. If you disagree, it'll just start a round of pointless flamming and since aesprock has a problem with it, he just keeps getting banned. Just try to be open to his points. Go test them if you like. From what you're arguing about now, it has no relevance to the game whatsoever.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
aesoprock will always come back no matter how often you ban him lol. Alright, it seems there are some problems here. To all of you whom aesoprock refers to as "nubbs," don't take it personally. Aesoprock is a highly knowledged player. The problem is he has a tough time understanding how someone else can't understand the game as well as he can. Instead of arguing with him, just listen to what he says. You'll see that most of the other knowledgeable players will agree with his points. If you disagree, it'll just start a round of pointless flamming and since aesprock has a problem with it, he just keeps getting banned. Just try to be open to his points. Go test them if you like. From what you're arguing about now, it has no relevance to the game whatsoever.
OORRR you can ignore like I have. *Thumbs Up*

But no, seriously. If he does give advice, cherish it. The advice is usually good and he rarely gives it. Also, aesoprock? WTF?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I really dislike people like aesoprock, even if you are knowledgable and skilled, you shouldn't act like a total child about things. You should discuss things in civil manner and be reasonable, these boards aren't meant for childish agruing and idiotic behavior.....thats what the roy boards are for.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I really dislike people like aesoprock, even if you are knowledgable and skilled, you shouldn't act like a total child about things. You should discuss things in civil manner and be reasonable, these boards aren't meant for childish agruing and idiotic behavior.....thats what the roy boards are for.
Lol, true about the Roy boards. Ignoring works so well on internet forums.

Take it from me. :chuckle:

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Except there is one problem... he doesn't help... he pops in calls us all nubs, and leaves... enough said...

Deva

Smash Lord
exactly, it's because one of you makes a point he knows is completely wrong and he jumps on it. Now, I'm not defending him and I don't agree with the way he discusses issues with you...>_>. The point is don't try to argue with him since all he will do is flame you. Plus he'd probably be right about whatever he was saying before he called you a nub so just ignore it and try to find the advice if he gave any. If you post a video and he says you suck, try to get better. He knows how a good Link should play and if he says you suck there's a few things you need to work on. Instead of flaming back, you shoud ask him what to improve on. He can actually be quite helpful from there. I've seen him do it a few times.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
He can actually be quite helpful from there. I've seen him do it a few times.
He would, I'll give you that. But if you check his posts, he hasn't been helpful at all. He doesn't help at all anymore. He has even started leaving rude comments, that don't even help, on my youtube videos. If he owuld at least help, I wouldn't care what he does. The best example of this is Aesir...

Aesir

Smash Master
Thrilla use to be very helpful in the beginning dunno what happened.

anyway yeah I troll and flame noobs only when the ask for it though. Generally if someone is a noob but atleast tries to correct their mistakes I don't flame. ....>_> usually.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Aesir, you are a pretty good as far as flaming goes...anyway, your flames are offset by your open randominess.

by the way, want to get a quick midnight snack at that place you went to on the bowser boards?.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Do 4 player FFA on a small stage and:
Grab -> Back Throw -> Up-B

That combo is awesome.

Abuse your bombs, throw boomerangs like hot potatos, bomb cancels your failed grabs/ sword spin. Bair more often. Double jump bomb drop dair combo.

Defense is (sargent?) major, but offense promoted to captain.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Do 4 player FFA on a small stage and:
Grab -> Back Throw -> Up-B

That combo is awesome.

Abuse your bombs, throw boomerangs like hot potatos, bomb cancels your failed grabs/ sword spin. Bair more often. Double jump bomb drop dair combo.

Defense is (sargent?) major, but offense promoted to captain.
Haha on topic is for losers here... this might as well be closed...

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Are there any penalties at all for going off topic for over 4 pages?

Besides, I just don't want to interrupt this off topic discussion.

Top Bottom