• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just because you never heard of a person, doesn't mean they are not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
It is funny how people claim I am not great in brawl and show me average players playing on youtube and say look, they are advanced. I look at the video and have to chuckle, because they are just simply "ok" nothing else. Just because I don't know how to record my matches and put them online, doesn't mean I suck. Also, because I didn't really hear of Melee(wasn't popular around here because of glitches and being a broken game), people say I suck aswell. These simple minded people can't even place good at a tourney. I came in first out of 50 people. I never been beaten, beat more people in my area and hosting a tourney at my school next week. Oh yeah, because the tourneys are not held in geekcon56, doesn't mean the people there all suck. Please, think outside the box before you suffocate.

m0rdin

Smash Rookie
You are indeed super awesum!

What poor missunderstood little boy you are.

Edit: Ye, great first post. I'm reading a lot in here, but at this one I simply wasn't able to stay quiet.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
It is funny how people claim I am not great in brawl and show me average players playing on youtube and say look, they are advanced. I look at the video and have to chuckle, because they are just simply "ok" nothing else. Just because I don't know how to record my matches and put them online, doesn't mean I suck. Also, because I didn't really hear of Melee(wasn't popular around here because of glitches and being a broken game), people say I suck aswell. These simple minded people can't even place good at a tourney. I came in first out of 50 people. I never been beaten, beat more people in my area and hosting a tourney at my school next week. Oh yeah, because the tourneys are not held in geekcon56, doesn't mean the people there all suck. Please, think outside the box before you suffocate.
All I see when I read this is...

Ok, I'm bent over and ready for your comments

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
PROVE IT

Then fix your grammar, you silly person.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
The thing is... it doesn't take a lot of effort to TELL if someone is good or not. If they just pop on, randomly, out of nowhere, and claim to be super awesome... claim that well known and accomplished players are 'slightly more advanced' and fails to even want to back it up.... not to mention the way they *talk* about it... there's a sure sign they are horrendous.

Even those players who ARE ZOMG awesome... don't usually go around spewing that kinda trash. You're bringin it on urself, bud.

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie
Please stop before I Suffocate in your whiney *** tears

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i didint even bother to think of make a comeback at your rant of u being sad your not popular lmao. YOU dont even freaking know how to make a sig.

damit its [.\img] no period
lmao oh man and a name like Siamese lizard , you should WANT to not be known.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
i didint even bother to think of make a comeback at your rant of u being sad your not popular lmao. YOU dont even freaking know how to make a sig.

lmao oh man and a name like Siamese lizard , you should WANT to not be known.[/QUOTE]
I did do that for your info, mods said there is tech problems with it at the moment so it won't work for me. Again, all you smash people are rude and assume.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
You asked for it yourself, comin' on her "Tawkin aww dat jibba jabba foo" (<3 Mr T.) Either way. This is my last post on the topic, unless I'm specifically addressed. Put up or shut up. You don't want people to be 'rude', then don't come on here and act like you know enough to change an entire tournament scene, and on top of that say how good you are by calling GOOD people "not too good", etc.

AND, how dare you call me scum. Using your logic, you don't know anything about me- so you can't make that assumption. If you say its b/c how I carry myself in these posts I've made, I by logical default have every right to extend that logic to your actions- thus proving your status as the Scrubbing Bubbles of scrubs.

So, I might be rude, and 'scum', but you're a schmoe who has too much mouth and an inflated ego. Call it a draw, shall we?

In closing... put up or shut up.

/end thread.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
First of all, all you guys being rude, I will not play. I don't associate with scum.
IF you won't "play" (and by that I'm assuming an online match) then don't expect to be taken seriously as a skilled smash player. You can't gain any recognition without first earning it. I could very well say that I'm better than everyone else on these boards but if I don't do diddly to actually prove myself then it won't mean crap. If you're going to accuse us of being rude then we'll simply accuse you of being completely full of yourself.

Gonzoyo

Smash Cadet
First of all, all you guys being rude, I will not play. I don't associate with scum.
wOWZA! Your ego is so large you're under threat of being suffocated by it, not everyone's comments.

Just so everyone knows, Samuel L. Jackson does not approve of this thread, so instead, he's gonna play some golf.

Yeah, check it.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
You asked for it yourself, comin' on her "Tawkin aww dat jibba jabba foo" (<3 Mr T.) Either way. This is my last post on the topic, unless I'm specifically addressed. Put up or shut up. You don't want people to be 'rude', then don't come on here and act like you know enough to change an entire tournament scene, and on top of that say how good you are by calling GOOD people "not too good", etc.

AND, how dare you call me scum. Using your logic, you don't know anything about me- so you can't make that assumption. If you say its b/c how I carry myself in these posts I've made, I by logical default have every right to extend that logic to your actions- thus proving your status as the Scrubbing Bubbles of scrubs.

So, I might be rude, and 'scum', but you're a schmoe who has too much mouth and an inflated ego. Call it a draw, shall we?

In closing... put up or shut up.

/end thread.
Viva le DuLL_RaZer! /win

::cookie::

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie

lmao oh man and a name like Siamese lizard , you should WANT to not be known.[/QUOTE]
Lmao, that's hilarious

RDK

Smash Hero
Siamese Lizard, it's so stunningly obvious you're a troll that anyone who doesn't see through your ruse is either drunk or mentally deficient. Oddly enough, people keep responding to your piece of crap threads.

Point being, you haven't posted anything yet that would make me or other respectable people here take you seriously. You have very little to say, and most of it is cliche scrub arguments. I take basically everythinng you say with a grain of salt, as you claim you're the best smasher since PC Chris, but yet your idealogies don't match up with those of a good smasher.

Sign #1 of this: people give you videos of pros from Youtube and you dismiss them as silly or bad. What you don't realize is that people who think they're good do this ALL THE TIME. You cannot look at a video of a match between two people you don't know and claim that they suck and you could do better. If you're so good, start winning tournaments so that you're well known, and then they're be no doubt about your skills.

Addressing the OP: no, just because someone hasn't been heard of before in the community doesn't mean they suck, but they probably do if they haven't been going to tournaments often enough. That's how people get good.

Please stop making **** threads.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
Siamese Lizard, it's so stunningly obvious you're a troll that anyone who doesn't see through your ruse is either drunk or mentally deficient. Oddly enough, people keep responding to your piece of crap threads.

Point being, you haven't posted anything yet that would make me or other respectable people here take you seriously. You have very little to say, and most of it is cliche scrub arguments. I take basically everythinng you say with a grain of salt, as you claim you're the best smasher since PC Chris, but yet your idealogies don't match up with those of a good smasher.

Sign #1 of this: people give you videos of pros from Youtube and you dismiss them as silly or bad. What you don't realize is that people who think they're good do this ALL THE TIME. You cannot look at a video of a match between two people you don't know and claim that they suck and you could do better. If you're so good, start winning tournaments so that you're well known, and then they're be no doubt about your skills.

Addressing the OP: no, just because someone hasn't been heard of before in the community doesn't mean they suck, but they probably do if they haven't been going to tournaments often enough. That's how people get good.

Please stop making **** threads.
1. They assumed I suck because I don't have youtube videos.
2. I won tourney, they didn't. that is proof I am good. Come to the tourney and prove it yoruself.
3. they assume because the tourney isn't held at some overly geek place, that people are not good at the one I am at. Over 50 people, they all can not suck right.
4. There has been barely any tourneys to begin with, the game did just come out you know, so how do you expect people to be going to 40 tourneys so fast?
5. You want to play with me online, you need lag to win right? Shut up and come over to my tourney and when you lose without lag, I will laugh. Heck, I will play some of you online soon but dont go by the lag ok. PM me your friend codes whoever wants to fight me online.

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie
2. I won tourney, they didn't. that is proof I am good. Come to the tourney and prove it yoruself.
3. they assume because the tourney isn't held at some overly geek place, that people are not good at the one I am at. Over 50 people, they all can not suck right.
4. There has been barely any tourneys to begin with, the game did just come out you know, so how do you expect people to be going to 40 tourneys so fast?
5. You want to play with me online, you need lag to win right? Shut up and come over to my tourney and when you lose without lag, I will laugh. Heck, I will play some of you online soon but dont go by the lag ok. PM me your friend codes whoever wants to fight me online.
I will laugh too

When you lose...

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't think we assume you suck, we just can't assume your awesome because you say you are. Why the hell should we believe you?

Lot's of people here have won tournaments. No one here knows which tournament that was, who was there, were there sponsors, were there pros?

Hold on now, no one said that. Not on this thread. Over 50 people can suck. Also, I really still think everyone sucks at brawl, like that one guy here said.

No one has been to that many tournaments who has a life. That being said, a statement like this has no purpose in your argument.

Arrogant. I will gladly brawl you 100x until you're convinced it wasn't a lag win. It doesn't matter but you still need PROOF. Give the location of the tournament, who was there, was it doubles/singles, what the rules were, etc. etc.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
I'd bet more than that he is 14 or 15. He used to have a jpg picture of an anime girl's **** as his signature.

EDIT: I have to stop posting/bumping these threads...It just intrigues me that people are so masochistic that they would start threads like this. Maybe they are just THAT unaware of how the community will respond.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Either this is a joke, or you're the stupidest little **** who ever made me lol.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Most people who claim they're good are usually useless idiots anyway. Every player who has made a statement like the one you just made have all gotten creamed when they went to official non-scrub tournaments, so why does this make you any different.

You also can't tell the skill level of players by watching videos of them.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
41, living in his mother's basement for 1000.
No. He's up kind of early... I think started posting garbage at 10:00. No 41 year old in mom's basement would be up before 1:00.

7 is too young.

.... 15 is my bet. And I'll bet my trust fund of bizarro dollars on it.

[- is also a liar, said he wouldn't post again until spec. adressed. Meh. (-uses Genius' applauding quote as 'being addressed'-) -]

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie
I think he'd be 10, but I'll take the 7.

Seriously, when I'm able to Brawl, I challenge you Siamese

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
All I need is Gimpy's phone number and this guys adress. Then lets see how his claim holds.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
This guy is the most ridiculous troll yet.

Come over to the tourney and you'll show us? Where the hell do you live? That, and you're not proving anything if you aren't even willing to Brawl online. How do you know there will be lag? Is your connection that crappy? Honestly, you're just talking a bunch of crap, but you're not willing to back yourself up in any way. Why should people take you seriously?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im i the only respectable person on SWF. I guess i am one of the few people that read his comment and am taking them for what they are.
some loser around here said that he thought he was the greatest things since PC Chris, which is totally untrue, all he said was that he is better than you guys assume by his post count, number of tourneys attended, signature, and lack of a recording device.

you guys say that he doesnt have the mindset of a true smasher. this is also stunningly uninformed. how many of you have gotten whipped by pros in tourneys in either game, and they usually 4 stock you dont they? and do you know why? because ppl like ken, M2k, chudat g-reg, and the like play every opponent they face with everything they have, 100%, everytime. they dont play ppl easy just b/c they havent seen them at a tourney or, because their name isnt known. and thats what makes ppl good, to be able to play your best against anyone under any circumstances. most of you, to be honest will never be able to beat the higher lvl players, because youll be too afraid and starstruck to pose a challenge.

and on that note, the OP and I will proly be the only people to be able to beat those kinds of ppl, because we know we are good enough to compete with any one. now neither of us are saying that we are the best player out there, but we are saying that you cant write us off b/c you dont know us, thats all he said, no ego involved. now if either of us are playing at a high level what are you going to say now

so what if someone new is saying this everyday, they could really be serious AND good, you JUST DONT KNOW. one of those ppl could be as good as they say. also, you guys say that nobody is pro yet, but at the same time there are ppl that the OP, with his low post count, could never hope to defeat. I dont get it, if everyone sucks, than why cant some unknown pop out of the woodwork and beat ken, or m2k or Azen?
at this point in the games "metagame" i think it entirely possible that that scenario could play out, not once, but multiple times.

all i ask is the same thing that the OP asked, can we, as a collective, not judge ppl before we've seen them play, or better yet, met and played against them i person. if you read the first post, thats all we are really asking. is that so much?

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
I guess people didn't read, I already said I am doing online matches and have a challenger already, we will play after I get food and so on. So what is the problem?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The problem is if you lose to him you will probably get banned.
Problem for you
Good for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom