• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just because you never heard of a person, doesn't mean they are not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Smash Hero
There is a difference between professional gamers and dudes who show up to a mall for a public tournament. Even despite the fact that brawl is new, and that people don't know every facet of it, the intelligence of someone who has played melee for YEARS will outplace a newcomer almost all the time. The advanced techniques are gone and all that crap and the game is more simple yea but the fundamental concepts of playing smart and knowing how to read people can't be removed. If you haven't been to a REAL tournament then you can't say anything about your skill, because you know just as little about how good you are as everyone else.

m0rdin

Smash Rookie
And I got the first post in this Thread! What an honor. :)

Let's take a resume: There is a guy who has titts in his signature and can't stand the fact that he hadn't got respect for doing absolutely anything. (I personally think, that he simply has a small ****.) Then people tried to convince him of his stupidity and as this didn't work (coz he seems to be really stupid or a troll) people assumed him to be a 40 year old fatty living at his mothers house. ... How dumb are you? There is a stupid guy and as you couldn't convince him of his own stupidity you started a flame-war. If he really is a troll he this would be one of the most glorious victories I've ever seen in the internet...

@ daK.I.D.: Yes, you got a small ***** to compensate too. Thanks for showing it to us with your little side-note. If he really was a troll, you would have been the greatest part of his triumph because he convinced you and made you write something equally stupid.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He wouldn't get banned, what are you talking about?
He is a half-troll that has been stating he is the best thing to happen to smash since anything. He says that only about 9 or less people on the planet can beat him. He is raising tons of argument throught this.
I just dont like people that do that. You have to admit you're bad when you are bad. End of story

Banks

Smash Hero
He seems more like a young kid than a troll, could be wrong though.

well played gentlemen. well played.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I just thought of somehting....
What if he is really bad...
And everyone else at the Mall was just worse?
That would mak EVERYTHING make sence.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
He is a half-troll that has been stating he is the best thing to happen to smash since anything. He says that only about 9 or less people on the planet can beat him. He is raising tons of argument throught this.
I just dont like people that do that. You have to admit you're bad when you are bad. End of story
Even though you don't like him doesn't mean he'll get banned. It's sad, I know, but being annoying isn't a reason you can be banned.

Percon

Smash Lord
It is funny how people claim I am not great in brawl and show me average players playing on youtube and say look, they are advanced. I look at the video and have to chuckle, because they are just simply "ok" nothing else. Just because I don't know how to record my matches and put them online, doesn't mean I suck. Also, because I didn't really hear of Melee(wasn't popular around here because of glitches and being a broken game), people say I suck aswell. These simple minded people can't even place good at a tourney. I came in first out of 50 people. I never been beaten, beat more people in my area and hosting a tourney at my school next week. Oh yeah, because the tourneys are not held in geekcon56, doesn't mean the people there all suck. Please, think outside the box before you suffocate.
Siamese Lizard, I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but...

There's something funny about what you said. Now, you're obviously a troll, but your points aren't very well thought-out.

You're the best person you know. That's great. You won a tournament with 50 people in it. That's also great. Good for you.

Now, let's think for one moment. A tournement with 50 people... disregarding the fact that you made up the number of people off the top of your head, that's a good number of people, no? To get that many people to show up at a tourney, there are pretty much only 2 possibilities:

1) It was announced on Smashboards
or
2) It was a school tourney

Now, it's quite obvious that it wasn't announced on smashboards... or else you would've posted a link to the page with the results. That only leaves the option of a school tourney.

But wait! Didn't you say there would be one hosted next week? Oh dear, it looks like you may have slipped up. You never said the other tourney was at your school, otherwise you would have said "there's another tourney coming up at my school" (albeit with much worse grammar).

So I have reason to believe that this tourney of yours was made up. The fact that there were 50 people exactly further proves my point. What respectful tourney doesn't record matches of the finals, anyway? If you say it was held at a mall, it'll be obvious that you just got that idea from other posters.

So yeah, stop making stuff up please. You didn't win anything if you can't prove it. The "I don't have videos" thing is a quaint little cop out but people are only fooled by that so many times.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
Siamese Lizard, I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but...

There's something funny about what you said. Now, you're obviously a troll, but your points aren't very well thought-out.

You're the best person you know. That's great. You won a tournament with 50 people in it. That's also great. Good for you.

Now, let's think for one moment. A tournement with 50 people... disregarding the fact that you made up the number of people off the top of your head, that's a good number of people, no? To get that many people to show up at a tourney, there are pretty much only 2 possibilities:

1) It was announced on Smashboards
or
2) It was a school tourney

Now, it's quite obvious that it wasn't announced on smashboards... or else you would've posted a link to the page with the results. That only leaves the option of a school tourney.

But wait! Didn't you say there would be one hosted next week? Oh dear, it looks like you may have slipped up. You never said the other tourney was at your school, otherwise you would have said "there's another tourney coming up at my school" (albeit with much worse grammar).

So I have reason to believe that this tourney of yours was made up. The fact that there were 50 people exactly further proves my point. What respectful tourney doesn't record matches of the finals, anyway? If you say it was held at a mall, it'll be obvious that you just got that idea from other posters.

So yeah, stop making stuff up please. You didn't win anything if you can't prove it. The "I don't have videos" thing is a quaint little cop out but people are only fooled by that so many times.
1 tourney was at the mall, easily alot of people there. Mall isn't the only tourney in existance, there is also school and I am hosting one at my school next week. So, I don't understand what you are blabbing about. I am facing Dull razer right now, we are setting it up.

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't pay so I could cross your bridge, I'd take the long way.

Anyways, I'll Brawl you around 4 or 5 hours from now hopefully, if not, tomorrow then.

Better not chicken out...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
If this mall tourney was unannounced on Smashboards, chances are the people who participated (let's assume it is 50) are not competitive smashers who frequent SWF. They'd be the type to button-mash, suicide, or who would rush into to attack and get ***** by any halfway-decent player.

That's not to mention you didn't say what rulesets for this tournament were: Free-for-all? Timed matches? Single elimination? All stages allowed? Items? Final Smashes? If any of those are true, you winning it could be chalked up to luck as much as any skill on your part.

General rule of all games:

If you haven't played anyone good, chances are you aren't good.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Alright. So I played the guy. He isn't that bad.
Nowhere near as good as he makes himself out to be- but not bad. Then again, like I said waaaay earlier in this thread- I'm a self admitted scrub. So, take his win over me with a grain of salt. Loves to spam the neutral jabs when there's lag.

But ya, he wasn't bad. Not near as bad as I thought, and what most people thought. By that fact.. any actual intermediate-->advanced/regular tournament goer would hand his (and my) *** over.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
I just beat Dull_Razor without taking out my main, pm your friend code whoever wants to play me now next.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I just beat Dull_Razor without taking out my main, pm your friend code whoever wants to play me now next.
In reference to another post I made concerning this in the other thread:
was it some local neighborhood tournament? A school tournament? A Gamestop tournament? If so... get srs.
Heck, I'll even play you, and I AM A SCRUB, lulz. My FC is on the left, post yours and Ill match you.
I wish you would've taken out Pokemon trainer. Better than lame arse falco spammin' the jab attack. ggs. Congrats. You went neck and neck with a self proclaimed scrub. You're the next Ken, and obviously better than HugS, Germ, and Lucien. ^_^

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
I wish you would've taken out Pokemon trainer. Better than lame arse falco spammin' the jab attack. ggs.
Don't forget when my Ike beat you as well. Pokemon Trainer wasn't needed.

The jab, you were able to get caught by it so there was no need to use advance techs.

Edit: Yes, you are a scrub, explains why I went easy on you and didn't use my main to prove to you.

D20

Smash Lord
Time out.

In Brawl, everyone is good. It doesn't matter whether you've heard of someone or not. This was a bit of a hyperbole, but I think it gets my point across.

In Melee, there are obvious skill gaps. If I have never heard of someone, there is a 95% (give or take 5%) chance that they suck (or are considerably worse than I am). However, in those cases when the unknown player does not suck, he is probably from the other side of the country and is known in his region.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Lulz. I had that Ike match in the bag. I was up like... a stock and a half. I got careless. No Johns though. ur Ike did beat me. ^^

Play again soon? You with your PT and me with my non-underestimating ROB?
For srs... fun times though. ^^

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ohh god we need to call Celestial Being here

"Exia eradicating troll"

lol

Besides Mall tourneys aren't real tourneys.
I avoided the E.B games tourney for the sole fact that items are on.
I just don't like items.....except for the Smash ball lol

TheLastKnight

Smash Rookie
Man, I can't wait, my FC is in my sig if ya wanna go ahead and put it in.
PM me yours now, so when I get home, I can put it in after getting on my computer

Andromeda

Smash Lord

The jab, you were able to get caught by it so there was no need to use advance techs.

Edit: Yes, you are a scrub, explains why I went easy on you and didn't use my main to prove to you.
Oh hey, as he said himself he was a scrub, beating him doesn't make you good. Anything worse than an self-overestimated average is a braggy average. So shut up.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7

Wanna go again, for the lulz? See if we/you can be consistent?
And ya, I got caught up in the jab-spam. Meh, it happens. No worries. Either way, wanna re? Its all just shnitz and giggles brah.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you guys were so sure anyone could beat meand then when the guy loses, you make excuses. I am still waiting for people to PM me there FC so we can play now.

I didn't want to play online to begin with because lag affects my characters timing alot but everyone cursing and whining so I played and won so far and didn't even take out my main. If you guys going to make exuses for everything after talking so much trash then seriously, no matter what I do you all will try and put me down.

Pokemon Trainer not even needed, once someone beats my crap characters on "lag" then I will probably use him but honestly, in person it would be way much better but whatever, this is fine to get an idea.

Darkslash

Smash Master
the only reason that you can't play with lag is when you get SCREEENNN LAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any good player can play with out connection lag. UNLESS ITS SCREEN LAG!!!!!!!!

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Hey siamese lizard, people are generally only considered good if they win major tournaments. Not by whining about how nobody thinks you're good. Seriously, if you want some recognition, go hit up a brawl ladder like Wifiwars.com or something.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I just challenged this guy- still waiting for response

Come on! If you can beat a n00b like me then your claims will have more value (you will still be a troll though) PM me your friend code

Marie_54

Smash Ace
If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound?

Scientologists believe it doesn't.

*******. (More like a disgrace to *******)

The author of this thread brings up a good point but he sounds like an egoistic, narcisist.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
But you know what the funny thing is? You're still a scrub too. Just a different kind. I know my limits, and never once claimed to be good, ever. Go ahead, look through my posts- the only thing that you'll find me saying is that I wanted to have a match w/ya so you could prove yourself. I never said I was good. You did. You barely beat me. So what if it was with your secondary? People beat people. Ken's been beaten by random *** folks before, srsly, I promise he has. But it doesn't happen a lot. Its consistency- and I truly hope, and I mean this in the best way- you can be consistent in beating me, or whoever else.

The thing is, no one is making excuses for you beating me. They are giving you a reality check. iIf *I* would have won, any savvy person would have asked the question "Would it happen if they played again". That's natural... that's the way competition is. The Dolphins can beat the Pats once, the Hawks can beat the Lakers a few times, Mickelson might beat Woods occasionally... but is it consistent?

Which leads me to the part of why ur still a scrubbing bubble... you alluded you were better than Germ, Lucien, HugS.... all of which could EASILY... EASILY.... 6 stock me, and us only play 3 stocks. Yes, they'd find a way to take three stocks I didn't have with their one stock. Main or not- you wouldn't have 3 stocked me...let along 6 stock. I think *THAT'S* the point people are most upset about.

They don't really care if you are better than me, or even them... but to call out well respected, well known, great smashers as average. That's what's upsetting- because its just untrue.

Granted, a lot of the heat you've taken has prolly been a lil harsh, bc you seem like a nice guy, you just dug yourself a hole that, even if you beat every single non pro tournament player, you aint gonna get yourself dug out of- but, that's what happens when you waltz in and say stuff like that. And like I said before, beating me doesn't prove a thing other than you don't totally suck and not even know how to hold the controller. I'm just as unknown as you. Its not excuses, its reality.

But newayz... i think imma head to bed. I've been up since 8 pm... (Ya, I keep a backwards sleep schedule) and I needs ta sleep.

GGs, and don't take anything personally. Its all just internet forum jibba jabba... but do take the advice that underlies the jibba jabba to heart. And, if ya wawna smash again- feel free to lemme know.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
look man just got to ****in tourneys if u wanna put ur self and skill higher trolling in swf will not do anything but make people take u as a troller

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Yeah, so I read the first page of this thread and saw where it was going, didn't read anything in between the last and first pages.

But in response to the topic poster: I've heard many, many times of underground players who claim they could beat M2K/Azen/Ken/PC/Chu/*insert top-level player here*. They claim that, just because they aren't "interested" in attending bigger tournaments like MLG or Evo, they aren't bad players. I feel this is the point you are trying to make.

I don't buy it.

My opinion based on likelyhood is the following: Players like you, who claim to be at top level without ever having competed there before, simply don't understand what top level players are like. You watch videos on youtube and think you know everything about them, and think to yourself "I could take him". You cannot. I firmly believe that nor you nor any of your underground smash possy could come close to beating them. I'm not saying you guys are bad players. You're very easily better than me, I'm not a very good smash player. What I am saying is you can't even imagine how those players you claim to be as good as think. If you could be given a glipse of it, you'd agree with me, unfortunately, the only way for that to happen is for you to play one of these players, and that is unlikely to happen since you don't attend big tournaments.

You're perpetuating your own fallacious belief by never confronting it. What was the name of that user a while back, Sora Keyblade or something like that? Keymaster? I don't remember. He came on and said basically the same thing as you, though he was being a **** about it. Finally, FASTLIKETREE, an extremely accomplished Marth player, travelled to his area and played him in a money match (the stakes were in the 50$ range, I believe). FLT 4-stocked this guy, and he never came back.

Watching videos on youtube doesn't demonstrate the skill of a player, unless you know what to look for. The only way for you to know what to look for is to be that good, and the only way for you to be that good is to play at that level. You have already admitted to not doing the latter, therefore I feel it's safe to say that the two former don't apply to you.

I'm confident in my claim that you're in the bottom half of these boards, skill wise, based on the fact that you've got no videos to show us, you're completely unknown, you're a new poster, you're complaining about this in the first place, and you won't go to any major tournaments to prove yourself.

Players who really were prodigies (PC and Bombsoldier come to mind) didn't become known by making posts like this. In fact, none of them ever did. They just played. I suggest you do the same.

Hundreds and hundreds of other people have come to these boards saying the same thing you are now. One of them (that I know of) was humiliated to the nth degree for it. None of the others were ever heard from again. Why should you be any different?

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Well he beat me. That's easy to do though lol.

He is better than we have been giving him credit for.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
I will read all the posts before mine after my online matches.

Steck challegened me and I 2 stocked him twice with Marth(don't really play) I didn't use Pokemon trainer.

So far I beaten
Dull_Razer
Steck

Anyone else want a shot, PM me your friend code. Someone that think they are good or so because no one will take what I say seriously no matter what.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Oooooookay, this is just not going to happen - a flame thread that'll just boil down to challenges and who's nexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom