• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a few Options from the DOJO: More Settings Outlook

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
yeahs wild ruby/sappphire battle music is in brawl now i hope for ruby and saphire trainer battle music

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
well im glad to have these menu updates, it seems to me that they are done with the game, and it wont be delayed again... imagine how bad the updates would be if they delayed it again...

music updates are the worst, id rather listen to the e 4 all girls scream press 1 all day......, if music updates came alone they would be the worst things ever.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I, for my part, really like how the menu turned out.
Looks clean and professional to me.

Those updates are at least better than any random item, in my opinion.
You get more impressions how the game will feel by any menu update than item. :x

And the new BGM is catchy. xD

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how often we'll be able to save adventure mode? I like playing smash in the morning before I have to get ready for the day.
Way back when I'd go through Melee adventure mode at least once a day.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do that with the SSE.

Drake3

Smash Ace
It's strange to me that people are actually excited over this update, but I can still respect that. Personally I hate it. The updates we've been getting make me not want to play the game. And I really hope he runs out of Game Mode updates because I'm getting sick of seeing yellow every single day.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Same here, the saving with SSE is my worry right now, it better automatically save at least, that or the names have something to do with it...

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
i just have to say THANK GOD for the DEFLICKER

i hope you all play with it on when you play melee....it really makes a difference

MARIO GALAXY NEEDS DEFLICKER!!!

everything close up looks solid but from far away galaxy is JAGGIE!
and i feel i;m the only one who has been saying it. does anyone else agree?

frankly i think mario sunshine and melee looks better in ways then mario galaxy because they are very smooth. the textures might not be as rich and there is less detail...but at least it all looks CLEAN

sakurai u are a genius and you know how to make graphics look gorgeous--thats why after nearly 7 years melee still looks AMAZINGLY CLEAN , SOLID, DETAILED, and BEAUTIFUL

i love the freakin deflicker--and i love sakurai...and i love smash...and i love all you people on these boards!!

haha this is the rant of a man going crazy with finals week --but i mean every word of this

deflicker ftw

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
It's strange to me that people are actually excited over this update, but I can still respect that. Personally I hate it. The updates we've been getting make me not want to play the game. And I really hope he runs out of Game Mode updates because I'm getting sick of seeing yellow every single day.

Such a freakin' lie.

Unless you are willing to place a money wager with me that you won't play Brawl in 2008.

Melodramatic.

Smash Ace
it's a little moreextravagant, that menu is... as opposed to the simple black and yellow bars that we used to have.
Still, the black Melee background totally pulverizez the light colored one Brawl has.
=2007=

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
My friend told me about this at lunch just basically said Sakurai's just messing with us. Even though I've seen it, I don't think so. I believe he's just getting the trivial updates out of the way so he can get to the juicy info. The menu looks cool, by the way.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
u mean to tell me that now i dont have to play the game for who knows how long to hear the games soundtrack?????? OH THANK GOD!!!!!....but that being said......then there must be some songs, voices, and SFX to be unlocked in order to just listen to them ( finding the CD's first, u'll see question marks instead of a character's name because its a character u havent unlocked yet etc.)

I hope there's different "skins" for the menu...
[/wishfulthinking]
my god y does everyone complain about the background for the menu???? O___o

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i dont realy hate the menu, but the colors and arrangments are odd compared to what i've seen in SSB and SSBM. everything is much brighter.
tru....and Melee's background had a very nice "computer screen/ being inside computers data with data screens and lights moving in the background" hybrid sort of thing XDDD.........SSB background kind of creeped me out...maybe it was the music that did it....XD

EDIT: i didnt mean the ppl here on smashboards also.....maybe thre alot of them here that hate it as well...but i was thinking about the ppl on youtube who complain about it XDD

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I really like seeing new Pokémon Music. Especially the Main theme. That just makes me wonder if it's the first anime theme or just the music to it. Probably just the music. It would be cool to have the vocals.

Overall a alright update for me. I would have preferred Captain Falcon though.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I can respect how some people would think this update is boring, I think a lot of updates are terrible. But this one, not so much.

The interface smacks a lot of a white-based meteos-type setup. Though that doesn't really matter.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I like how each selection on the menu has it's own colour by which all the buttons on the submenu are.
And how Wii Pointer friendly it is.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
And now all option updates are off the checklist. I smell a new character a little ways off...

EDIT: And I like the menu backround. It's clean and straight-forward. Not messy at all.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Bleh, I don't really like the menu. Everything seems a tad bit scattered.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Did you see that!?!""No, I was sleepin'.""But you're driving!!"- Digimon: The Movie

This was a very good update! Oh, and Brawl is already out of characters? I doubt that... highly... Pluto highly. So highly that it's treason to even have a notion of it cross one's mind...FINALS!!!!!!! RAAAARGH RAFFLE CAFFLE TOG WOG!!!!!!!!!!!...!:dizzy:

Drake3

Smash Ace
Such a freakin' lie.

Unless you are willing to place a money wager with me that you won't play Brawl in 2008.

Melodramatic.
Lol that's a good way for you to lose money. But I wonder where all the updates that made me excited for this game have gone.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Uhh...people keep talking about this amazing Pokemon song that's supposedly there, but all I see is a song called Ice Climber.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
maybe but i kind of figured it would be similar to the one from saffron city in SSB. the ruby/saphire music stood out the most for me.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Pokemon "Main theme" Was announced either.
That's just the music from the original Stadium.

Seeing the menu just makes my want to play the game so much.

Darn it:urg:

Wait theres no option for sound test!
It's there.

It's part of the Sound Menu.

Ummm how does a menu draw you away from playing?
It's not that he's being drawn away, he just means looking at a menu screen doesn't get his pulse pounding as much as watching a video of Sonic joining the Brawl

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Not bad, I like the look of the menu. And where is the Language change option?

Top Bottom