• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Junk (DDD) vs WarpStatus (ZSS)

∫unk

Smash Master
Hey guys,

This is a video of me fighting SoCal ranked WarpStatus. I think it's safe to say he's the #1 ZSS on the WC right now.

I think once I learn other matchups I can get ranked in the prestigious SoCal area with just the penguin (have to take out my friend Teba :( )... I have some good wins already but I need just overall help with DDD I guess (I was a Marth main for a looooong time).

Help me out! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc10kzb9H8E

Johns Edit: Other DDD videos of me aren't good so ignore them XD

It's because they're vs feardragon, who is considerably worse than I am so any video I have of him I'm usually sandbagging super hard/barely paying attention to the screen when I'm playing him (not like I lose but I just play like crap).

Edit 2: LOL fear labeled it WarpStar but its WarpStatus I assure you... he probably didn't hear me right when I first introduced him XD

Hence

Smash Ace
Hm, It really seemed like WarpStatus didn't know the matchup well or he was sandbagging. Not only does Zero Suit Samus have a 0-60% chaingrab on D3 (On Smashville it may not be worth attempting? He didn't practice buffering so he only used F-Throw twice?)and a Dash Attack lock chain, but he is rebarkably simple to U-Air juggle. Juggling is something I've seen WapStatus do well in the past, which is why I took sandbagging into consideration. FadedImage may have a better Zero Suit Samus, so I wouldn't go around stating that Warp is the best before you've played Faded.

All-in-all, it was a good match.
B-Throwing ZSS is probably the best option when you happen to shieldgrab. It seemed like you knew how to deal with her ledge options fairly well. Maybe instead of throwing a Waddle Dee after you throw her, you should attempt to edge guard with a reliable kill move (like B-Air, for instance). ZSS living to 180% isn't good, Junk.

Protips:
  • Cut it out with the Dash Attack and F-Smash shenanigans.
  • Utilize D-Smash for tech chasing.
  • U-Tilt and predict her landing if ZSS has double jumped or is high in the air. She doesn't have many options in that position.
  • Waddle Dees only recharge her move list from jabs or paralyzer. Either pressure ZSS or don't use them often.
  • When you predict a Flip Jump (Down+B), you can Inhale (Neutral B) and reset the situation. It's pretty risk-free.
  • If you predict a Plasma Whip, attempt to get jump over her SH range and FF B-Air. Don't become too predictable, though.

∫unk

Smash Master
Alright I didn't read all of it yet but warp definetily knows the matchup (he's beaten Teba like 4 times the past few months)... he doesn't like buffer cg cause if he messes up it's huge punishment and he's not good at that stuff lol warp in general keeps things simple.

edit: okay i read it all lol

Yeah ZSS 180 isn't good XD sometimes good players are really hard to hit with your kill moves though, but I need to work on that. I think like you said more d-smash will help that a lot... I'm always afraid to use it vs ZSS cause if she gets lucky and powershields it its either I'm getting KO'd or taking 40% up the butt with a d-smash combo.

I think edgeguarding ZSS is really hard.... I can't even gimp her with metaknight. If you go out there she can go higher or foot stool off the flip jump or attack you from the flip jump... but I didn't know Inhale beat it so I'll try that out now. Isn't it better to just wait at the edge and predict her ledge option?

Dash attack is good near the ledge... I did it too close to the center once but in general even if they shield they get pushed off... I dunno I've gotten DEHF, Havok, a bunch of good players with it cause they'll spot dodge the next grab if I've been d-throw then regrabbing them the whole stock (which is what I like to do).

The one time I f-smashed I had a Waddle Doo protecting me and ZSS was on the edge so I thought it was alright... should have I used a different move? I think the ZSS was at like 70%.

I like the u-tilt predicting the landing.... if you watch though I'm usually never where she lands T-T good players just avoid jumping into the **** like that but I'll try to predict it better.

Yeah I noticed Waddle Dees aren't great... honestly I was just hoping to get a Gordo or Waddle Doo for protection, but I'll only throw them when I know the Gordo can kill.

Thanks for the advice it helped a lot :D It's good to hear from DDD veterans because I know I'm not using his full moveset to the best effect. Hopefully I can rep the penguin at high levels I'm already doing way better than I did with Marth.

Edit 2: In the second match of the link you can see why I like throwing Waddle Dees, why edge guarding ZSS is hard, and why Warp doesn't do the chaingrab lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Omg...another contender for King Dededes in southern California lol. I thought Teba and myself were enough, but hey that's my fault for the lack of entering tournaments Junk lol.
You were doing great with him overall, but never go for a dash attack kill when a light character like Zero Suit Samus is at 180%!! It's too risky and you can kill her with faster and better moves like down tilt. You did back air her but don't try the dash attack lol. In my opinion, I believe it should only be used once or less in a single game. It's just to d*** slow and can only be used out of a mindgame or as a mindgame.
Not much else to critique in, good job. Hope to see you at a tournament -_-...

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Its not bad, but its not that good. I don't wanna critique it because I'm too lazy, but I saw pointers that I saw that were nice. Thats all

∫unk

Smash Master
lol wow... i guess good enough to beat socal ranked players isn't good enough for raimundo from montgomery alabama.

>_>

edit: actually i notice in your other posts you talk big for being a random so nvm lol

im not lain level obviously... i just started playing ddd

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I talk high and mighty and i ****ing suck lol
anyway critique vid later
GOING TO GET JICEEE
anyway. I see you have that one d3 problem that never gets old. Getting the kill can be a ***** i swear <_<. Uhmm remember your options out of the techchase. You saw him teching your dthrow charge a dsmash boiiiii that woulda killled em. Remember your on ledge game is total *** but your ledge pressure game is amazing. Keep zss off the stage as much as possible and rack on damage with bairs. You probably wont be gimping zss but that extra damage really helps good use of bthrow and dthrow though. Uhmm i didnt read that zss mains post but after i just scrolled up and read it he said everything i just said but im cooler so :pPPPP
lol good stuff junk keep it up ;B

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Sometimes after a dthrow you'd stay in your shield a little to long, it happened multiple times and you should've started to predict that and shieldgrab sooner unless there was a reason you weren't... But pretty much what Hence stated.

Zip.

Smash Lord
wow really good,since alot of things have been said already,i`ll just add a bit that hasnt..
- i saw you trying to use full hop d air in the 2nd game i believe..keep at it.
-dont become predictable with swallow(i got plasma whips in the mouth so much lol..>.<)
-also be careful with sh waddle throw and grounded..(its laggy and stuff =p).
Just wanted to add a few things..good job,i was impressed by alot of what i saw...and uh..
dont go back to marth lol =p

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
We are so lazy around here.
We are fat, so we have a legit reason to be lazy. But Wario is SHORT and fat, so he must get a workout =3

lol wow... i guess good enough to beat socal ranked players isn't good enough for raimundo from montgomery alabama.

>_>

edit: actually i notice in your other posts you talk big for being a random so nvm lol

im not lain level obviously... i just started playing ddd
LAWL? Dog me for being in montgomery? Lol honestly, I will admit it dont go to tourneys like I should, otherwise I would be a lot more known in the Smash community (actually moreover, the D3 boards) and while thats means I should go to local tournaments doesn't mean I have to. I've become a bit more well-known in the WiFi community that I should just go to tourneys and rank there (if it doesn't bother me to travel). I do like the talk of "being a random". I makes me think of people who walk among the street handing out business cards. =3 But my point is that beating a SoCal ranked player is something you should be proud of. But you make it seem as though there isn't much improvement that needs to be done about your D3 since you OBVIOUSLY have the skill to beat a SoCal ranked player. I OBVIOUSLY don't have the quality to beat anyone from SoCal because I don't get around like I should. Maybe I should have taken part in Genesis. Oh wait, there's no point in paying $500 to travel when I will be clearly just paying M2K or Ally after either of them win. So pardon me, I will get the materials necessary to post on Youtube so I can post videos of me beating samboner's luigi and anti's pikachu. >.< So while I may talk big, I can actually back it up. So while I'm talking big, M2K nor Ally will ever 3-stock while I'm not being all lulz-y about it (I just hope I meet one of either so they can prove me wrong >.>)

D

Deleted member

Person above me is obviously very bad at this game.
I <3 junk
Just i think you shouldnt roll behind warp so much and go for the grab, cuz he can up tilt and nab you.
Hurray for not really critiques cuz i dont play D3 at all :)

Top Bottom