• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I am almost done with my Pokemon team! I know I'm slow but midterms and whatnot =P

So excited to see the Pokemon Safari! We can also battle if you would like though I'll probably lose.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Smash scene is starting to grow a bit more over in Chilliwack - we just started a (rather super casual) tournament here with the most gnarly ruleset LOL
However, it's mad fun

The rule set consists of:
  • 2 stocks, 2 minutes
  • All stages allowed (Random must be chosen)
  • Explosive/fun items only
  • Character locked (you have to sign into the tournament)
  • No "spamming", chaingrabbing, locks, etc (basically casual tourney killers)
  • Some other stuff that I can't recall
The sweet thing about this is that there's no entry fee, but there's prizes in the form of gift cards, items, etc.
Although it isn't anywhere close to a "professional" tourney, it's still mad fun.
We only had an hour afterschool to do it, so we're going to proceed with loser's bracket tomorrow/do some of winner's brackets.
I got a freebie since the person I was up against was scared to play against me ._. (I'm the somewhat undisputed best Smash player here)

Also your friendly dose of Miku:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well, that Wario played in a way that makes life a pain for Peach. The newest vid of him vs a MK was also ridiculous... especially the ending.

Those just show Peach is awful :(

By the way, what are we going to do about the 8th? I honestly do not know my way around the SFU campus (or at least the building names) :(

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Here is a campus map. The Maggie Benston Centre is right around the centre, just West of the Academic Quadrangle. Once you enter the MBC, the directions to the room appear on the event page:

"Get-Together will be in Conference Room 2290 (the four rooms that combine to become one big room) in the Maggie Benson Centre.

Directions:
Go into MBC, go down the stairs, go to the left and find the photocopiers, go straight down that hallway. At the end of the hallway, there will be another hallway to your left, it's the room at the far end on the right."

IMPORTANT NOTE: SET-UPS

The venue is solid and attendance is looking great so far (only 6 entrants away from hitting the event cap of 32 entrants). The last piece of the puzzle we need to make this event great is getting enough set-ups. Concerning TVs, I have 3 that Landon will be helping me bring, but we WILL need more. If anybody could provide TVs or help transport them, it would be greatly appreciated!

We also, of course, need Wiis. Anybody who can bring a Wii should let me know!

TVs:
Firefly/Captain L - 4

Wiis:
Captain L - 1
Big D - 1
-H- - 1
Kantrip - 1

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that the tournament is in TWO DAYS. It will be starting at TWO O'CLOCK. There is a WAIT LIST. Late entrants will be DROPPED FROM THE TOURNAMENT IN FAVOUR OF THOSE WHO SHOW UP ON TIME.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay you try playing against Marth as Peach and tell me how much you like it >:[

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I always have to work hard for my wins, but I think it's my playstyle that makes the matchup hard for me. I have improved in the MU for sure but I still lack practise and I think Marth and maybe Snake might be the worst MUs for me.

Well at least it's not Melee... I think the MU is even harder in that game.

MEMEME670

Smash Rookie
Thread seems a lot calmer than when I was here. And boring.

Just posting because today Daze didn't remember me so I figured I'd tell you guys yes, I do still exist.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Thread seems a lot calmer than when I was here. And boring.

Just posting because today Daze didn't remember me so I figured I'd tell you guys yes, I do still exist.
Idk you o.o
Although frankly it may be because regular monthlies haven't been happening

I plan to set stuff up on my town of Chilliwack though

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
T-block is really a Pokemon Trainer main! We battled and he beat me 4-0 :(

In my defence, I was unlucky and he had all the luck! Next time I'll do better... two Swaggers better ;)

If you have Pokemon X or Y, battle me! I'm not too hard... proof being Mike beating me by a landslide :)

| Big D |

Smash Master
The only time T-block ever wins is by luck.

That deal on the WiiU looks too good to pass up, but I was planning on using my store credit at Darkside to buy a WiiU, conflicted now.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha to be fair, Mike out-predicted me and Mega Kangaskhan is evil!

The offer is a price match and I really do not know how much longer it can be taken advantage of. I won't be buying a WiiU until I've seen what Smash 4 is like since I won't be playing any other game on it.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
peach vs mar
Well I always have to work hard for my wins, but I think it's my playstyle that makes the matchup hard for me. I have improved in the MU for sure but I still lack practise and I think Marth and maybe Snake might be the worst MUs for me.

Well at least it's not Melee... I think the MU is even harder in that game.
peach vs marth in melee only favors marth slightly.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I love making reads with Link. <3
Makes me feel good.

Also trying to work bombstool combos in my game a bit more.

Top Bottom